Aberrant: War Journal - War Journal

Heritage

Emma's loose uniform slides into the form of a tight tanktop and jeans as she flips a chair at the table and plops down. "Can I join?"

Reaching out, she throws a bag of M&M's onto the table as she crosses her heart and raises her right hand. "I promise no cheating." Bumping shoulders with Mortimer as she passes by she grins as she walks over to grab a drink before sliding into her chair again.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Oh, my....."
::ohmy

When Griffin sees Colby collapsing, he moves to a position near to her, to reach a suitable a defensive position. ::angry

*SH!T!. $§&$&$%%$/%&/%&&/(&/($%&%§/§%/%7 (ooc: Fill in worst curses in French, English and Swaheli) *::nuclear

"Man down! Everybody takes defensive position! Lobe, look after her!"

"Ceep your eyes open! And be aware of Snipers"

While he gives his orders, he scans the surrounding area for possible enemies.

::getsome

(ooc: For Griffin looks this like a training-book ambush from a sniper)

X4 Break room:

Emma's loose uniform slides into the form of a tight tanktop and jeans as she flips a chair at the table and plops down. "Can I join?"

Reaching out, she throws a bag of M&M's onto the table as she crosses her heart and raises her right hand. "I promise no cheating." Bumping shoulders with Mortimer as she passes by she grins as she walks over to grab a drink before sliding into her chair again.

Mortimer laughs at the playful contact, but then it seems like he's suddenly just seen Emma for the first time; he gets a look in his eye, somehow both startled and wistful. Daniels, who has just returned, catches the look and grins to himself, then elbows the captain lightly. Delacroix, who's just brought a plate stacked high with fat sandwiches to the table, looks from Mortimer to Emma, and grins himself.

After a moment, the spindly young Green from New Jersey shakes his head and looks to his cards; once he's given them a good once over, he nods towards Emma.

Hey, so lieutenant - you ever play like crap so folks don't think you was cheatin'? ::wink

Opening her eyes wide, she blinks slowly. "Why, Mortimer, I'm shocked you should ask such a question! Why, casting aspersions upon my character..." Tsking she winks as she eyes her cards and reorganizes them before cracking open some the bag of M&Ms and popping one in her mouth. "Just for that, Mort, I have to kick your butt." ::wink

Green and red emphemeral snakes appear at Lobe's feet and begin slithering, up and around Lobe's body; their speed seeming to match Lobe's sudden adrenaline surge. As they encirle him his form dissapears...

Lobe reappears next to the body of Colby before his discarded weapon hits the ground where he was standing just a moment before. He quickly bends over him and begins checking her vital signs.

(OOC: medicine check to attempt to ascertain what's wrong)

X4 Break room:

Opening her eyes wide, she blinks slowly. "Why, Mortimer, I'm shocked you should ask such a question! Why, casting aspersions upon my character..." Tsking she winks as she eyes her cards and reorganizes them before cracking open some the bag of M&Ms and popping one in her mouth. "Just for that, Mort, I have to kick your butt."  ::wink

Mortimer laughs just a little too loud at Emma's joke, but otherwise turns his focus back to the game; Delacroix and Daniels share a grin.

OOC: Unless anyone plans on doing anything back at the base, my next post will cut to early the following morning.

The Badlands:

"Keep your eyes open! And be aware of Snipers"

The rest of the team finds cover and hunkers down, weapons at the ready; everything appears to be clear, but no one is taking any chances.

Lobe is able to determine than Colby has collapsed from severe heat exhaustion due to poor suit ventilation - she badly needs rest and fluids. ::unsure

Lobe is able to determine than Colby has collapsed from severe heat exhaustion due to poor suit ventilation - she badly needs rest and fluids.

A look of relief falls across Lobe's face as he turns back to Griff, "She'll be fine, but we need to get her back to the base now, and get some fluids in her..." with that last comment he glances at 'Godzilla' and gives him a 'don't you dare' look.

• 3 weeks later...
"She'll be fine, but we need to get her back to the base now, and get some fluids in her..."

"Good to hear. Ok, folks. You can relax a bit."

"Home then? For just her, or for all of us for a few hours?"

"Just for her. Jen, please send her back to our Decon-area when Lobe has her back on her feet again.

For the remaining, I think, we can go on for a little longer, can´t we?"

When Colby is back on her feets again: "Ok, get some Rest. Please make a full Report to the Captains and make a request for a cooled NBC-Suit for you. If there is any trouble, there is still plenty of room in this mission. ::glare ::wink And now, get on the move"

After colby is gone

"Jen, please take Colby´s position. We go in this direction." Pointing in the direction of the Hades-LZ.

(edited because of some errors)

X4 Break Room:

Walter looks at the group of card players curiously and inquires of them, "So if you all could have one comfort that we don't have here already, what would it be?"

Daniels puts his cards face down on the table and rubs his face.

Honestly, it would be seeing my girlfriend back in Sacremento - she understands why I'm doing this, but I couldn't get her to come up with me. ::sad

There are sympathetic murmurs around the table, and Delacroix pats him on the back.

I know how that is - I have no idea how my family's doing. The Blanks were able to get a message to my wife and kids, but the reply got intercepted. I'd give anything to spend a day with them - y'know, grilling burgers on the deck, chillin' by the pool...

Mortimer's eyes keep flicking between his hand, Emma, and the direction of the crew quarters.

Yeah, I dunno, a date would be nice - y'know, with anyone. Even, y'know, just a trip down to the lake to go fishin' would be cool.

He sighs deeply.

You know what, it would be my car - back in Bayonne, I got a 2003 Miata that's just turnin' to rust in my uncle's garage. Can you imagine the action I'd get if I had a set of vintage wheels? Shit!

And then under his breath.

Hot tub would be nice, too.

The Badlands:

After Colby is more or less revived, Jen warps her back to Hades, then returns in a few minutes. She takes up Colby's place in the formation and they head out.

After continuing for a few more minutes, snatches of static can be heard over the coms - it's some sort of broadcast on a wide emergency bandwidth.

...anger Team Alpha...down, we have...request...contact wi...losses...ammu...please sen...

There are sympathetic murmurs around the table, and Delacroix pats him on the back.

I know how that is - I have no idea how my family's doing. The Blanks were able to get a message to my wife and kids, but the reply got intercepted. I'd give anything to spend a day with them - y'know, grilling burgers on the deck, chillin' by the pool...

"Sounds very homey, sir. You are lucky to have someone to care about you."

Her eyes drift off as she looks wistfully into space for a moment before her eyes cloud. "I've been an orphan for so long that my commanding officer was one of my only friends and most of my friends were masacared by the Blues. Sometimes I wonder what I would do if the war was to end tomorrow... I haven't any civilian skills... no where I'd want to go. Yet, the idea of not having to struggle every minute of the day, to not have to slip into the minds of monsters and fanatics..." as her voice trails off she bends her head to her cards.

She shakes her head the rolls her shoulders as though she's trying to displace a burden. Wrinkling her nose and smiling slightly she looks around at the others. "Hell, who am I kidding? I am all that I'm ever going to be. I'd never survive outside the Greens. This is as close to a family as I'll ever get. I'm proud to be here."

Mortimer's eyes keep flicking between his hand, Emma, and the direction of the crew quarters.

Yeah, I dunno, a date would be nice - y'know, with anyone. Even, y'know, just a trip down to the lake to go fishin' would be cool.

"Fishing? I dont think I've ever been. Sounds like fun though." Smiling at Mortimer, she watches him, waiting patiently.

Damien looks like he is going to say something, but quickly puts his head behind his cards, remembering the Captians words.

Fishing? I dont think I've ever been. Sounds like fun though."
"

"Only if you like sitting in a boat for hours on end, doing nothing at all, waiting for 'the big one' to bite. Then when you hook into the fishes head, taking the thing off the hook without cutting your own hand open on his fins. Thats a barrel of monkies to be sure." he says almost able to hide his contempt of the practice, but so used to practice that it was obvious.

Sighing angrily, Emma glares for a moment at Damien. "Well, now, when did you get the idea we were going to actually fish?"

Smiling ruefully at the captain and the others, she concentrates for a second then in Mortimers mind... [Telepathy] *I'm glad you agree on the tub. Don't let the bum distract you. I'm sure there was something you wished to say* Her voice rings with sincerity as she continues to stare at him wide-eyed. ::blush

The Badlands:

After continuing for a few more minutes, snatches of static can be heard over the coms - it's some sort of broadcast on a wide emergency bandwidth.

...anger Team Alpha...down, we have...request...contact wi...losses...ammu...please sen...

Assuming he has the tools, Mike tries to trace where that came from, or at least get a direction.

"...anger Team Alpha...down, we have...request...contact wi...losses...ammu...please sen..."

"Do everybody hear that? It seems the Ranger-Boys have some serious problems out there. I am not sure if the Hades-Team has pinned them down or if it is our new friend who played with the Tac-Suit. If someone of you has the capability to locate the guys, please do so."

Griffin takes a look around and takes his map out, trying to pinpoint his location. Additionally, he want to figure out from which direction the radio-waves could reach them and concentrates on hearing in these directions (there could be gunfire, for example).

"Well, now, when did you get the idea we were going to actually fish?"

Damien cocks an eyebrow at the scout.

"When you say 'hey, that sounds like fun' its ususally safe to assume you want to try it. I was being *honest* instead of feigning interest in something."

"I wasn't 'feigning' interest. I've never been fishing. Though, sometimes, it isn't about the actions, Damien. Sometimes, we do things because we genuinely like the companionship of others... You know, liking people and their stories, hanging around together and being friendly. As we are all doing with our nice and relaxing game of poker? I'm sure there are plenty of things you've done in your life that are might have seemed boring and disgusting because you cared about the other people involved who liked the activity." Emma sounds doubtful though.

Damien calmly pulls his poker hand into a single pile, then sets it on the table.

"The reason I am here right now is to improve relations with people. I was taking the Capt.'s advise, and It helps to train a person to know when someone is lieing. Truth be told, I dont care about any of you. You are my teammates, and I'll get your backs as I expect you would get mine...but I dont care about the person. I don't think I have ever done something I didn't want to for another person. I have been too busy trying to survive."

He stands up, and slides his chair back in.

"Anyway. I would hate for you guys to get the wrong idea. Ill go ahead and get back to what I was doing. G'night"

He heads back down the hall to his own room.

Badlands:

"Do everybody hear that? It seems the Ranger-Boys have some serious problems out there. I am not sure if the Hades-Team has pinned them down or if it is our new friend who played with the Tac-Suit. If someone of you has the capability to locate the guys, please do so."

Griffin takes a look around and takes his map out, trying to pinpoint his location. Additionally, he want to figure out from which direction the radio-waves could reach them and concentrates on hearing in these directions (there could be gunfire, for example).

Between the two of them, Griff and Mike are able to calculate the direction of the broadcast is most likely from the north-northwest; based on signal strength, distance is most likely less than two kilometers.

X4 Break Room:

Smiling ruefully at the captain and the others, she concentrates for a second then in Mortimers mind... [Telepathy] *I'm glad you agree on the tub. Don't let the bum distract you. I'm sure there was something you wished to say* Her voice rings with sincerity as she continues to stare at him wide-eyed.

Mortimer gets a strange look on his face, equal parts thrilled and horrified as the inner workings of his mind spill into Emma's.

*Oh my god, don't think of her naked, don't think of her naked, look at the tank top, don't look at the tank top, Jesus Christ, this is awesome, oh my god, I'm an open book, don't come in this area, this is where my ex-girlfriends, vid stars and Chimera live!* ::ohmy

Shaking her head, Emma watches [Damien] leave. "Always a pleasure."

Looking to Delacroix, she grimaces slightly. "Sorry, Captain. I seem to wrankle his feathers."

The captain just shakes his head as he stares at his cards.

Forget about it, lieutenant - the guy's a serious asshole.

At last young Mortimer's nerves can't take it anymore - he puts his cards face down on the table and stands awkwardly.

You know what, it is late, and I....I have to turn in. Right now. To just, y'know, sleep - not, y'know, do anything else in bed. I mean my bunk! ::unsure

He starts stepping away from the table oh so casually.

Yep, just me an' the old bunk, thinking clean, harmless thoughts. So...g'night! ::blush

And with that, he scampers out of the room. Delacroix watches him run out, and then turns back to Emma with a grin.

You have the strangest effect on men, lieutenant. ::laugh

Then the intercom buzzes, and Chambers can be heard.

Captain Bossman, we got 'nother transfer on the way.

The captain frowns and tosses his cards on the table.

Aw, what the hell now?!

He stomps over to the intercom and presses the button.

Who are they sending me this time?

I dunno, some old guy, from the look of his file.

And just why am I gettin' this 'old guy'?

The sound of a keyboard being tapped.

Looks our good friend Godzilla is gonna be transferred over to Ninth permanently.

The captain just shakes his head.

Ah, the joys of bureaucracy! Alright, I'm heading on over. Feel free to keep playing, boys and girls.

And with that, the large black officer steps wearily out of the room. Daniels looks at Emma and Walter.

So what do you say, a few exciting rounds of Go Fish? ::tongue

Badlands:

Between the two of them, Griff and Mike are able to calculate the direction of the broadcast is most likely from the north-northwest; based on signal strength, distance is most likely less than two kilometers.
Mike#1 looks at Griffin and says,

“Best chance to reach them is to do a blind warp that way a K and a half” (Mike waves vaguely NNW) “and hope we’re close enough to hear guns but not so close we get ambushed. Or maybe we come out on top of them and they can evac our way. But that’s also the riskiest move.”

“Safer but slower, we could warp one K and hoof it till we know what’s what. Or we could even hoof it the whole way.”

{From his tone Mike would prefer the first option, could live with the second, and doesn’t think much of the third.}

X4 Break Room:

Mike continues to sit quietly off to one side. Not quite sleeping, more like lightly dozing.

*Oh my god, don't think of her naked, don't think of her naked, look at the tank top, don't look at the tank top, Jesus Christ, this is awesome, oh my god, I'm an open book, don't come in this area, this is where my ex-girlfriends, vid stars and Chimera live!*

Emma turns bright red as Mort rushes from the room. Dropping her head into her hand, she sinks farther into her chair when the captain laughs. "I'm such a bloody idiot."

Shaking her head ruefully, she lays her cards down. "How is it I can plan an incursion into enemy bases, stealth my way into any mind, hide in plain sight, but I can't get one little date without embarrassing some poor guy?"

Looking disgusted with herself she jumps to her feet. "I think there is something I have to do before I can play. I'll be back... eventually."

She pauses at the announcement of a transfer, but still walks determinedly out of the room. Jogging lightly, she pauses outside Mortimer's door before knocking lightly. Her voice slightly hesitant, "Mort?"

Damien closed his door. At least he was safe from her invasions as far. She didn't know, and that was good. The more he pushed everyone away, the less they would know. That was a lesson he had well learned by now, one that had kept him alive through this entire bloody war.

He had lied, he reflected. He hoped no one had noticed. While it was a small white lie, it woulden't bode well for him to be labeled a liar as well as an asshole. There was someone that he had gone out of his way for (no matter how reluctantly) recently...thats why he was here. Thats why he was a Cobra for that matter. But they didn't know that, they coulden't know that unless they read his mind.

He grinned to himself and picked up his charcoal then started to draw again. The figures were posisitioned. All that was left was the detail. Something he could try t odo. Something he wasen't guarenteed that he could do.

He let his mind wonder, now that he was certian that no one was even interested in his mind...his secrets. He thought back to the months ago when he was saved from death by the greens, by Joyce. She had been the only person he had really cared to be around. She had insisted that she show Damien around, and they started to spend time together soon afterwards. It was her goading that made him join the Green's, and after that the Cobra's.

That is when he had started the transfers. This was his third unit as far. He already had a bad name. He had already made his own name (however negative). Now he was only staying in to have a place to sleep, and to keep her happy.

He grimaced as he tried to figure out which was more important to him...but actually failed. He knew that sleeping should be more important, but...

(to be continued when I have time)

Imminent t-port from Battalion HQ, arriving in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…

A rainbow of colored light is still visible when the T-port door opens, sparkling particles still swirling in the air around the recent arrival.

A moderately well built man walks down the short hall to the command centre. His weathered face and steel grey eyes are calm, and his hair seems to be in the process of growing long - blonde, but greying at the temples, and not quite long enough for a ponytail. He might be in his fourties, maybe older, but nothing in his step suggests any old age to speak of. If he is a nova, it doesn't show.

He's dressed in Green houte-couture; boots, camo fatigues and a black t-shirt - sleeve rolled up to hold a pack of cigarettes - and his belongings in a fairly small canvas bag slung over his shoulder.

Reaching the reception comittee, he sets the bag down and salutes the Man - showing a bar code and string of numbers tattooed on the inside of his right underarm. Saluting obviously doesn't come natural to him, but it's the thing to do, so...

"Good evening, Sir. Sorry to disturb you so late, but I'm here to replace one of your novas. They call me Argent."

X4:

[Emma] pauses at the announcement of a transfer, but still walks determinedly out of the room. Jogging lightly, she pauses outside Mortimer's door before knocking lightly. Her voice slightly hesitant, "Mort?"

Mortimer's voice can be heard a few seconds later, sounding a bit muffled.

Yeah, hi, Emma - what, what can I do for ya?

Reaching the reception comittee, he sets the bag down and salutes the Man - showing a bar code and string of numbers tattooed on the inside of his right underarm. Saluting obviously doesn't come natural to him, but it's the thing to do, so...

"Good evening, Sir. Sorry to disturb you so late, but I'm here to replace one of your novas. They call me Argent."

The big African-American looks the newbie up and down, in a more-or-less friendly way.

Argent, huh? You been with the Machine a long time? No offense, but you don't carry yourself like a military man.

Chambers looks up from the monitors and offers a distracted salute.

Mornin', sir!

(OOC: I've got to send some stuff to Grizz before I can post for the Badlands team.)

The big African-American looks the newbie up and down, in a more-or-less friendly way.

Argent, huh? You been with the Machine a long time? No offense, but you don't carry yourself like a military man.

A small smile crosses the newcomer's lips.

"Heh. ::dry No, Sir, I can't say I am. But I've spent more than enough time in a much stricter system, and I didn't like it much, to put it politely. I've been with the Greens for maybe six months."

Chambers looks up from the monitors and offers a distracted salute.

Mornin', sir!

Argent gives Chambers an equally distracted nod in return.

X4 C&C:

A small smile crosses the newcomer's lips.

"Heh. ::dry No, Sir, I can't say I am. But I've spent more than enough time in a much stricter system, and I didn't like it much, to put it politely. I've been with the Greens for maybe six months."

Argent gives Chambers an equally distracted nod in return.

The captain's eyes find the bar code on Argent's arm, and he nods soberly.

I see that you have - well, welcome to X4-

He peers over at the monitor by Chambers.

Lieutenant. Step into the break room down the hall - someone there should be able to set you up with a bunk and give you the grand tour. Mr. Chambers, I'm going to try and grab some shut-eye - let me know the minute you hear anything from the Badlands team.

Chambers nods.

Aye-aye, cap'n.

Delacroix nods to both men, then shuffles off down the hall.

I see that you have - well, welcome to X4-

He peers over at the monitor by Chambers.

Lieutenant. Step into the break room down the hall - someone there should be able to set you up with a bunk and give you the grand tour.

"Yes, Sir."

The new arrival picks up his bag and heads off down the hall to the break room. Once there, he stops by the table and looks around the all but empty chamber. He picks up a hand of cards thrown on the table and looks at them.

"That's a damn shame... Walking away from three jacks..."

Then he glances over at Mike in the corner while helping himself to a glass of water.

"You awake?"

“Best chance to reach them is to do a blind warp that way a K and a half” (Mike waves vaguely NNW) “and hope we’re close enough to hear guns but not so close we get ambushed. Or maybe we come out on top of them and they can evac our way. But that’s also the riskiest move.”

“Safer but slower, we could warp one K and hoof it till we know what’s what. Or we could even hoof it the whole way.”

Griffin makes the handsign for "gathering at my position" and waits until everybody has come over to him. ::cool

"Good points, Mike. When we are going in that direction we will have to climb upwarts, because it´s the direction to the crater. The ground is much more cracked upen with fissures and smoking holes than here, more loose rocks in all sizes, too.

I guess the distance to them at about 2 K´s, too, but I think we make that warp for 2,5 Ks, coming out behind and on higher ground than them. I know, that will bring us quite near to the crater itself but it gives us more tactical possibilities. But be careful, folks, the area there is full of IR-sources and smoke/vapor, so visibility isn´t that good, hopefully covering our arrival. Moving downward is always easier than up and the possibilities for cover will be better, too."

He shows them his map.

"At the moment we are here", pointing on a mark," and the Rangers should be somewhere over here", pointing on an area about two kilometers Northnorthwest from their position," as you can see, it´s quite near to the crater, and that", making a dot a little bit more northern of the area he has pointed before," should be our LZ. Is that possible?"

Griffin looks over to Mike and Jen, waiting for their comments.

"Another point: If we warp in there that blind we have to it ´Combat Style´. We won´t have any idea where our enemies will be, or even who. We are a group of professionals, but we had no possibilities to train as a Team. Nobody knows what he or she can expect from the rest of the team. Therefore I can give you only loose orders for the combat: Just give your best and have an eye to the rest of your teammates. We don´t know who is fighting against the Rangers. If it´s the Hades- Team, we will reinforce our pals, hopefully convincing the Rangers to give up and come along peacefully. If it´s the Ghost who attacks them we will help the Rangers to survive that and then ´convince´them to give up and come along."

"Any questions?"

Back at the base

The new arrival … glances over at Mike in the corner while helping himself to a glass of water.  “You awake?"
Mike answers,

“Yeah, I’m here. I’ve got a guy out in the field and it’s a drain on my resources. If I don’t do much on this end it’s better.”

“Oh, and I’m Mike Roe.”

Mike offers to shake hands but does not stand up.

(from where I left off...)

He grimaced as he tried to figure out which was more important to him...but actually failed. He knew that sleeping should be more important, but...

But what? Was keeping her happy really keeping himself happy? That was up to debate. He was alive...that is something to be happy about.

He frowned, feeling somewhat lonley. He was used to her before he left. He even missed her. That was hard to grasp...missing someone. It was nice to have someone...but ultimatly deadly. He knew this. He made sure to make sure every one else knew he was not going to give in to it. It was difficult to keep his attention on what he was doing to keep any casual psychics from catching on as well.

Now that he allowed himself to think about her, he realised how much he really missed her. Now that everyone else was not thinking about him...mabey he could contact her.

He opened his drawer, and took out his path radio that he had let alone to feed.

He put it on his clothing, and it was engulfted.

*P-diddy? Can you put me in touch with Joyce?*

“Yeah, I’m here.  I’ve got a guy out in the field and it’s a drain on my resources.  If I don’t do much on this end it’s better.”

“Oh, and I’m Mike Roe.”

Mike offers to shake hands but does not stand up.

The newcomer drains and refills his glass before he heads over and shakes Mike's hand.

"Argent. So, are you the resident coordinator and telepath or something?"

The older man pulls out a chair and sits down, fishing out a cigarette from his pack and offering Mike one before he lights up. ::ultracool

X4 Break room:

The newcomer drains and refills his glass before he heads over and shakes Mike's hand.

The older man pulls out a chair and sits down, fishing out a cigarette from his pack and offering Mike one before he lights up. ::ultracool

Daniels, whose head had slowly drooped down to the table, now sits up violently, hands groping for a gun he's not carrying.

Gah!

His eyes dart around the room as he catches his breath; once he's recovered, he rubs his hair in embarrassment.

Hah. Sorry. Y'know when you nod off and you think it's your watch...? ::blush

The big man shakes his head, and then realizes there's a new face in the room.

Hey, new guy! I'm Private - well actually, now Corporal Daniels. ::smile

He offers the newcomer a firm handshake as he indicates the kitchen area with a nod.

You need some grub or coffee or something? You need a bunk?

Badlands

Lobe watches intently as Griffen lays out the plan on the map in front of him.

"Any questions?"

"Nope, sounds like a plan. If anyone gets hurt, let me know and I'll port you of the fight and get you ready to go back... that's my specialty..."

Lobe unshoulders his rifle and prepares for the warp...

X4 Break room:

Daniels, whose head had slowly drooped down to the table, now sits up violently, hands groping for a gun he's not carrying.

Gah!

::blink

The new arrival blinks at the corporal's sudden awakening, a strange mix of alarm and amusement on his face.

His eyes dart around the room as he catches his breath; once he's recovered, he rubs his hair in embarrassment.

Hah. Sorry. Y'know when you nod off and you think it's your watch...? ::blush

"Who doesn't?" ::biggrin

The big man shakes his head, and then realizes there's a new face in the room.

Hey, new guy! I'm Private - well actually, now Corporal Daniels. ::smile

"Argent. Lieutenant." he nods and shifts his cigarette over in his left to shake hands.

You need some grub or coffee or something? You need a bunk?

"So you have bunks? Who did you piss off to get assigned these sleeping quarters, then?" ::wink

He grins and gestures to where Daniels' head was resting only moments earlier.

"Food would be nice. And I wouldn't mind some coffee either. This place should be waking up pretty soon anyway, right? No point in sleeping."

Seemingly a little restless, the lieutenant gets up and checks out the kitchen area. He pours himself a cup of hot, black coffee and brings a pack of crackers back to the table. After taking a sip he lets out a happy sigh

"Ahhhhh... Nothing like the Green coffee. Home brewed from leftovers, shoe soles and motor oil. Used to be you'd have to scan a 4-page menu and spend half an hour making up your mind what kind of coffee you wanted, and when you were done, your lunchbreak was over. Not any more... Life's easy in the machine!" ::biggrin

A frowns a second, then adds to the room

"Only thing I don't like abut it is how nobody tells you nothing. Like why I'm here. All I know is that I'm supposed to replace some guy called Rex. Typical kickass cobra, from what I hear. Is that the kind of guys you're used to around here?"

Mike waves off the cigarette saying “No thanks, I gave that up 30 years ago”

It’s ‘or something’. I create clones. So I really do have a man out in the field.

{Mike lissens to the Daniel’s and Argent’s conversation}

“Hey, Rex and my Clone are out in the field together right now. I’d guess it won’t be all that long before they come back. One way or the other, the other Mike shouldn’t be living too much longer and I’d like him to make it back before he moves on."

"Rex is... something of a character. Think of Godzilla with an attitude. I don't think anyone anywhere is used to him.”

Archived