Aberrant: War Journal - War Journal

Heritage

FickleStein Eyes the small room to be assigned as his quarters then drops the oversized bag from his back

Epstein's eyes go wide with glee.

I looooove that movie! God, I haven't seen it in years!

"Me too, it's one of my favorites! It's ahhh, a bit dangerous to watch though, I have to fast forward some bits now...Could you drop the box here please?"

Ficklestein opens his bag a pulls out and huge big screen TV. He unrolls it and places it on the wall in front of his bed. Then opens the box and takes out a largish grey box lying under a pile of clunky black boxes.

"Those are videocassettes, my grandfather gave me this VCR to play them..."

Ficklestein then pulls out large speakers from the box and installs them across the room Lying the amp under the VCR and DVD player (also in the bag)

"Y'know, I try to draw as well...Here're a few sketches I ah...tried to make."

Ficklestein digs into the box and pulls out a pad. His "sketches" are actually breathtaking drawings of toons and comics book heroes as well as a few portraits.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Y'know, I try to draw as well...Here're a few sketches I ah...tried to make."

Ficklestein digs into the box and pulls out a pad. His "sketches" are actually breathtaking drawings of toons and comics book heroes as well as a few portraits.

The tiny Scout nods in approval.

Wow, you're really good!

She frowns.

How is Roger Rabbit dangerous?

The tiny Scout nods in approval.

Wow, you're really good!

Ficklestein's face turns red

"You really think so? You know, I could try to draw you...you know...if you wanted to..."

Ficklestein shrugs trying to pretend he didn't desperately want to

She frowns.

How is Roger Rabbit dangerous?

Ernold smiles

"Oh he isn't, Roger's cool. But I can't keep it in when he's hiding, y'know, and the doc pulls him out? Y'know, with that tune?"

Ficklestein's face turns red

"You really think so? You know, I could try to draw you...you know...if you wanted to..."

Ficklestein shrugs trying to pretend he didn't desperately want to.

Epstein shrugs.

Sure, why not? Not naked or anything...I mean, not yet ::tongue ::devil ::biggrin

Ernold smiles

"Oh he isn't, Roger's cool. But I can't keep it in when he's hiding, y'know, and the doc pulls him out? Y'know, with that tune?"

She frowns.

What, the knocking thing?

With an aura of unwitting destiny, she grins and leans over to the wall, and destiny knocks!

"Shave and a hair cut-"

Epstein shrugs.

Sure, why not? Not naked or anything...I mean, not yet  

Ficklestein gives a nervous chuckle as he answers

"Pffhee, of course not...yet..like...sure...heheh..."

She frowns.

What, the knocking thing?

Ernold nods

"Yeah.."

Then his eyes go wide

"N---No! D.."

"Shave and a hair cut-"

Ernold seems to be struggling for half a second as he tilts his head sideways and grunts

"Gggnnnnnnnneeeeeeeehhhhhhh.....!!"

Then his right eye pops forward with a

Booooiiiing!

Quickly followed by the left with a

Badoiiing!

"Gggnnnnneeeeghh...I said it was danger...quack! Quack!"

His lips stretch out in an instant into a huge, cartoony yellow duck bill! Then all of a second, the struggle stops as Ernold jumps in the air and yells

"TWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOO BIIIIIIIIIIIIIITSSSSSS!"

Ernold, now a "huge" (about four and a half feet) dark brown cartoon Platypus (think Wile E. Coyote meets Daffy Duck and Opus) was on his knees, arms outstreched and a huge grin on his AnthroPlatypus beak, before a startled Epstein.

The Platypus's eyes then dart around the room

"Holy Cats, I've been DRAFTED!!!"

Ernold seems to be struggling for half a second as he tilts his head sideways and grunts

"Gggnnnnnnnneeeeeeeehhhhhhh.....!!"

Epstein looks very concerned.

Are you alright? Do you need some pills or something?

Then his right eye pops forward with a

Booooiiiing!

She screams in shock, covering her mouth.

Gah! What's happening to you? What did I do?!

Quickly followed by the left with a

Badoiiing!

Epstein is now cowering in the corner, hands over her ears.

Ah! Ah! Oh my god! Stop it, what are you doing!

"Gggnnnnneeeeghh...I said it was danger...quack! Quack!"

His lips stretch out in an instant into a huge, cartoony yellow duck bill! Then all of a second, the struggle stops as Ernold jumps in the air and yells

"TWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOO BIIIIIIIIIIIIIITSSSSSS!"

Ernold, now a "huge" (about four and a half feet) dark brown cartoon Platypus (think Wile E. Coyote meets Daffy Duck and Opus) was on his knees, arms outstreched and a huge grin on his AnthroPlatypus beak, before a startled Epstein.

The Platypus's eyes then dart around the room

"Holy Cats, I've been DRAFTED!!!"

Epstein screams and runs out of the room! She staggers into C&C, her eyes wide with horror!

Ernold turned into a platypus! A cartoon platypus!

Damien looks up from a partial scetch(sic) of Lobe.

"What? For the love of... The hell sorta eruption did *that* come from..."

He sighs, and looks over at Epstein. "Its ok. Im sure he is *fine*. Thats just who he is after all." He shakes his head in a disappionted manner, and makes his way down the hall from which she came, looking for the platypuss...

Seemingly bored with everything that's been going on, Lobe follows the new Intel officer and Colby to her room and tour of the base. "So, Emma, intel covers a lot of ground. What is it that you really do?"

::blink Emma seems star-struck for a few moments, just staring at Lobe.

"I am.. uh.. well yah see.. its a kind of a.." ::blush

Emma shifts her feet a little and looks off avoiding seeing their response. She unconsciously heads to the garden before she explains. Her hand drifts over the plants comfortingly as she gears herself up to look them in the eye.

"*sigh* Okay, don't like get all stuffy on me.. but I'm a stealth spook. No one sees me enter. I sneak in.. peruse the reading material and.. well.. pick a few minds, then I drop back out." ::lookaround

She sets her shoulders and looks a little worriedly up at Lobe and down to Colby.

"I realize that being a spook is a mark against me, but I didn't really choose these powers. ::rolleyes I'm hoping you all give me a chance to prove myself before you start worrying about what I'm doing. Hopefully, being upfront will alleviate some of yalls.. uhm.. distrust."

Staring at her feet, she shifts her weight from foot to foot waiting for their responses. "You know, what always surprises me? People automatically assume I'm here to spy on the home team.. like I'm some Internal Affairs spy who's going to report back to headquarters, but I started out as a normal Green like everyone else. I fought on the line like everyone else. Hell.. I was in the 2nd for years before I errupted. I'd never betray my comrades, damnation.. I'd do anything I have to to protect them. I've lost friends to those freaks. Blues killed my mentor. I've just as much need to fight as the next guy and betraying my team isn't a good way to go about doing that."

She darts a look up and looks embarrassed. "Sorry to dump that on you. I guess I'm still smarting. Whereas the higher ups love me, my previous posts were a bit wary of me. It hurts a little sometimes. The only other thing of interest about me is I love to play my violin. Its a daily ritual with me. Maybe we can have a dance sometime. Music is meant to be shared." ::blush

"I realize that being a spook is a mark against me, but I didn't really choose these powers.  I'm hoping you all give me a chance to prove myself before you start worrying about what I'm doing. Hopefully, being upfront will alleviate some of yalls.. uhm.. distrust."

Lobe smiles, "Hey, we all got our jobs to do. For the record, I always thought intel was cool. You guys just seem to have the most exciting missions, but alas, my own powers didn't seem to point me in that direction... And if you ever need to get into my mind, no problem, I ain't got nothin to hide..."

Lobe smiles, "Hey, we all got our jobs to do. For the record, I always thought intel was cool. You guys just seem to have the most exciting missions, but alas, my own powers didn't seem to point me in that direction...

Emma's face brightens up. Her plain face almost glows with gratitude. ::biggrin "Thank you! It can be fun sneaking into Joe camps. I can leave the most interesting presents. Though truthfully, I spend half my time filling out reports." ::wacko

And if you ever need to get into my mind, no problem, I ain't got nothin to hide..."

::devilangel "I'll be the judge of that. I promise.. you won't feel a thing! I'm always gentle the first time." ::wink

Almost bouncing in her shoes, "I want to see the view... anyone care to join? Oh.. and just so you know.. I rarely rifle through friends' memories. Acquaintances, now.. that's a whole new ball game." ::halo "Of course.. that's why I try to make friends as quickly as possible!" ::biggrin

She turns and starts heading for the OP.

Some time later ( After that "Platypus" incident) ::biggrin ::smiley1

Imminent t-port from Battalion HQ, arriving in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…

When the flash disappeared, a man steps from the Porter and takes a look around. While repositioning the filled duffel bag back on his right shoulder, he steps away from the T-Port and opens the door to the C&C.

(OOC: If nobody is at the T-Prt)

When he steps through the door, his skyblue eyes wander through the room, taking notice of even the most trifle things.

He is about 6´ and has an athletical build. His hair is dark blonde and cut short. His nose must have been broken in the past and he has some small scars in his clean shaven face. He wears a RA standard woodland camo BDU with his cap tugged into the pocket at his left tigh. His helmet had been strapped at his backpack, as well as his G-1.

He has the tanned look of someone who spend most of his time outdoors. He seems to be somewhere between 25 and 30 years old and looks like a baseline.

The name tag reads: Lt. Griffin, R.

The most unusual sight is that huge indian style buckskin rifle scabbard that he cradles at his left elbow. (With fringes and embroidery and such)

Putting his duffel bag next to the wall at the door, he adresses the people in the room.

Hello! I am Griffin. Could somebody tell me where I could find Captain Delacroix?

(OOC: Assuming he isn´t here)

(OOC: Griffin looks like Kurt Russel in „Stargate“ or „Soldier“)

( Edited for clarification and because of belly-breaking cartoon action ::biggrin ::smiley1 )

Epstein screams and runs out of the room! She staggers into C&C, her eyes wide with horror!

Ernold turned into a platypus! A cartoon platypus!

'Ernold' notices Epstein as she screams and his jaw drops...literally...to the floor as his eyes pop forward with an old broken airhorn sound

ChaaOOOOOgaa!!

"Hey, wait baby don't go!!....Darnit"

The Platypus whistles with his hand raised and out of nowhere a Toon Taxi arrives and stops with an abrupt breaking sound just before 'Ernold' as the Platymanopus jumps in the 'car'

"Benny? Follow that dame!"

The taxi answers with a thick Brooklyn accent (same voice as in Roger Rabbit)

"Follow that dame, take me there, take me here, what am I...a Taxi?!"

"Yeah!"

"Right, let's go!"

The car zips out of the room and through the corridor

He sighs, and looks over at Epstein. "Its ok. Im sure he is *fine*. Thats just who he is after all." He shakes his head in a disappionted manner, and makes his way down the hall from which she came, looking for the platypuss...

"Out o' the way, out o' the way!" *Beep, Beep!*

Benny zips by Damien, actually driving on the wall for a couple seconds before halting in C&C before the shocked Epstein

"Heeeeeey, you're right..she's got the looks! For someone without a carburator I mean..." *Honk!*

'Ernold' jumps out of the taxi and offers his hand/paw to Epstein and speaks with a mock toon intellectual voice

"Plato Puss, genius extraordinaire, so glad to meet you. Please accept my apologies for alarming you so..."

Plato reaches into his 'pocket' and pulls out a toon cardboard box (the size of a shoebox, obviously never would fit in a normal pocket) and gives it to a very unsure Epstein. As she opens it a dozen colored blobs start screaming, totally devoid of any grace or self-conciousness in a strange cacophony

"I'm not worthy!!" "Excuse us!" "He means excuse him! Plato!" "Your Pardon, I say, your pardon! I's beg ya!" "We apologize"

"What do you mean we apologize"

"Uh..."

"We are apologies ya ultra-maroon!"

"Sorry?"

"Better.."

"I'm not worthy!!" "Forgive us!" "He means forgive him! Plato!" "Your Pardon, I say, your pardon! I's beg ya!" "uhh...sorry?..yeah, I'm sorry!"

Plato waits there, waiting for Epstein's reaction to his apologies...

Plato waits there, waiting for Epstein's reaction to his apologies...

At first, the frightened young nova just stares at the box in disbelief...then she slaps it out of his hand!

You jerk! You scared the hell out of me! Why didn't you say what would happen, I thought you were dying or something!

She runs out of the room back towards her bunk, tears still streaming down her face. ::smiley4

He sighs again. And makes his way back to the C&C letting Epstein pass him. He walks up to Plato...

"You just scared the *shit* outta her. The hell are you doing driving around the base anyway? WHy dont you just settle down and turn...uhhh...back."

((if you go to follow her again, just start up. Im at least going to try to stop you. Try being the active word as I dont know if I can))

At first, the frightened young nova just stares at the box in disbelief...then she slaps it out of his hand!

You jerk! You scared the hell out of me!

Plato is struck with a perplexed look on his face, almost sad. ::sad He then starts screaming at the apologies

"You're worthless excuses for apologies, the lot of you!"

"We're sorry!" "So Sorry" "Forgive Us!" "Your pardon, please, I'z beg you, I say, I beg you!"

Plato grins bashfully...

"Ahh..I can't stay mad at you, hop in!"

The platypus grabs the box from the floor as the apologies jump back in.

"You just scared the *shit* outta her.

Plato shakes his head and barely looks at the boy

"Yes yes, Plato Puss, and you must be called 'Echo'."

The hell are you doing driving around the base anyway? WHy dont you just settle down and turn...uhhh...back."

Plato looks surprised

"Driving? I wasn't driving. Benny, he thinks I was driving!"

The Toon Taxi looks insulted

"What? You think just because I don't have arms and legs I can't decide where I wanna go is that it?!"

He starts crowding Damien and asking questions as Plato zips by them towards Epstein's room (you can try to catch him but with the Taxi distracting and the fact that Plato is Plato, I doubt you can grapple him or block him.) and lets Benny keep harrassing the boy.

"Naaaw, I'm just a toon is that it? Or is it that since I don't have legs, I should stay confined in some parking lot?! Do YOU walk only on the sidewalk? Well, do ya?!" etc...

Plato stops just outside of Epsteins door and starts shuffling his feet as he waits in the doorframe

"Knock, knock...may I come in?"

Damien frowns. "Im not taking shit from a fictional character..."

A black tentacle flies from the back of his right hand, encircleing Platy's neck and dragging him back (or trying to) and his left hand is engulfed in blackness as a set of claws grows. As he yanks the platypuss back, he digs his claw deep into the taxi's...uhhh...face.

Mike observes some of this cartoon madness, blinks, blinks again, then goes back to another room... where he opens a gate to Epsteins room (two feet from the wall but facing the wall), and says,

"Hey, Mike here. I caught the tail end of that. Are you OK? Would you like to step out?"

Colby grins at Emma.

Yeah, sure spooks are spooky, but that's kinda the point, right? At least you still know how to laugh, unlike our previous Intel automaton. You wannna check out the old OP? Sure, we can do that - not sure if we'll all fit ::devil

Most of the newly-promoted base crew have been dismissed back to their quarters to drop off their kit and read over their new orders, except for Walter who still finds himself watching the monitors and cruising the Green Screen (OOC: and any other PCs just hanging around.

As Lobe, Colby and Emma come out of the garden, Griffin steps out of the t-port.

Hello! I am Griffin. Could somebody tell me where I could find Captain Delacroix?

Colby grins and waves.

Hey, fresh meat! Welcome to the jungle, baby! I think the captain headed down to the break room to get another beer.

She stops when she hears the strange commotion coming down the hall.

What the hell...?

After Plato and Epstein come in and do their little scene from 'Lives and Loves of a Toon', Colby makes to run after Epstein, but stops.

Damien's blow to the toon taxi....well, the taxi pops! Benny zips around the room like a deflating ballon, bouncing off the walls until he finally hits the floor with a loud 'splat' and disappears in a puff of logic.

Mike observes some of this cartoon madness, blinks, blinks again, then goes back to another room... where he opens a gate to Epsteins room (two feet from the wall but facing the wall), and says,

"Hey, Mike here. I caught the tail end of that. Are you OK? Would you like to step out?"

Epstein, her face buried in a pillow, finally responds.

I'll be okay - I just need a minute or two to...to calm dawn. I'll be fine, thanks.

(OOC: This is only half of a post, as it were - more will follow tonight!)

Hey, fresh meat! Welcome to the jungle, baby! I think the captain headed down to the break room to get another beer.

Griffin smiles and waves back ::smiley5 . And saunters over to the three.

„Nice to meet ..... Hey, at least one familiar face here. Nice to meet you again, Colby. I have heard rumors at the HQ that they put you to the 8th, but I never thought that I would meet you here. Please, would you introd........“ ::biggrin ::blink

Griffin stops, when he hears the commotion in one of the hallways and his head turns to that direction.

What the hell...?

Griffin watches, with disbelieve in his face, what happens with Epstein, Plato, Benny and Damien. ::dontgetit ::wacko

„What - or shall I say, who? - was that?“ ::hmmm

Emma watches the scene thoughtfully but makes no move to interrupt.

"Hmmm... interesting. Epstein was with Ficklestein last, so I'd guess the Platypus is Ernold. I wonder how he.." Willfully pulling herself away, Emma turns back to Griffin.

"Lt Emma Majors, Emma for short. Nice to meet you." Emma puts her hand out for a shake and grins. ::biggrin "The captain's right through there. If you want we can take you to him, unless you would like privacy." ::wink

„Ficklestein? Ah, now some of those comments some of the Docs made are making sense.“

Voice and face thoughtfull, he looked to that hallway to the south. Then he turns back to Emma and the others and that friendly smile reappears on his face. He takes her hand and shakes it, aware of his own strength he controls the strength of his grip carefully.

„Because Colby seems to be distracted,...... I am Lt Robert Griffin. My friends call me Hawkeye. Nice to meet you, too. You are Intel? ( Looking at her branch sign ). So the whole thing here is bigger than I thought. And as for the Captain, as far as I know, he doesn´t expect me. When the brass is gone to get another beer, I shouldn´t interrupt him doing so.“ ::wink

„Nice to meet ..... Hey, at least one familiar face here. Nice to meet you again, Colby. I have heard rumors at the HQ that they put you to the 8th, but I never thought that I would meet you here. Please, would you introd........“  

Colby stares at him for a minute, then slaps herself on the forehead.

Hawkeye? My God, I can't believe I didn't recognize you!

She grabs him in a bone-crushing hug.

How've you been, H? God, it's been forever - or well, maybe just eighteen long-ass months. Welcome, welcome!

Just after Benny the cab's untimely demise, Damien turns to stop Plato from leaving the room; however, unbeknownst to both of them, Walter has had about enough of this! He swivels in his chair, eyes blazing, and suddenly an avalanche of forms, memos and red tape pours through a glowing portal in the ceiling, burying Damien under a mountain of bureaucratic paperwork.

(OOC: Meet Walter's Immobilize attack)

Delacroix pops his head out of the break room hallway.

What the hell is going on here?

The captain stares at the pile covering the Cobra, cocking his head almost like a dog.

Somebody...clean that up.

Then he notices Hawkeye, and just shakes his head sadly.

Afternoon, lieutenant - welcome to our crazy little neck of the woods.

What the hell is going on here?

The captain stares at the pile covering the Cobra, cocking his head almost like a dog.

Somebody...clean that up.

Walter coughs, "One of the new guys was being less than friendly than another... So I just gave him something else to work out the excess negative energy that was being exuded. After all paperwork never hurt anybody... But I'll make sure it gets cleaned up."

::cool Emma grins at Walter, "I think I'm definitely going to like how you do things. Your way was so much nicer than mine. Here I thought I was going to have start wiring in a respect for inside and outside behavior, but you took care of it nicely. ::wink Can't we all just get along?" ::tongue

((Dernet...))

Under the pile of paper you hear a muffled sound that might just be someone curseing very loudly...then all goes quiet. You start to smell paper burning, and the paper shuffles a bit...

((Turning it on, trying to break out of the immobalise))

Hawkeye? My God, I can't believe I didn't recognize you!

She grabs him in a bone-crushing hug.

Griffin still has his scabbard cradled in his left arm. When he sees Colby opening her arms to hug him, he let his scabbard slipping though his fingers, changing his grip on it in this way and putting it out of Colbys way. His smile widens to a grin and he gives her a, right arm only, hug that lifts her from her feet a little bit. ::biggrin After carefully putting her back to her feet, he takes a small step back.

„Hey. I had enough time to get back in shape and then some more. But I hadn´t believed that I have changed so much that you wouldn´t recognize me any more.“ ::wink

How've you been, H? God, it's been forever - or well, maybe just eighteen long-ass months. Welcome, welcome!

„ When I was fit for duty again, they put me to the 9th. Had been with them till June, then I had a very unfriendly meeting with some of Daddies „Big Boys“ and got messed up. ::angry The docs finally let me go two weeks ago. ::smile Just came back from a extended patrol today when the brass called me in and asked me if I want to go to X-Ped 4. Sounded more interesting to me and so, here I am.“ ::biggrin

„Wow! That´s what I call a real „bureaucratic delay“!“ ::smiley1

Afternoon, lieutenant - welcome to our crazy little neck of the woods.

When Delacroix appeares at the door, Griffin goes over to him and gives him a relaxed salut.

„Lieutenant Robert Griffin reports for duty, Sir. Here are my orders.“

He reaches into his right tigh pocket and takes an envelope out of it, handing it over to the Captain.

(Edited for spelling failures)

Damien's blow to the toon taxi....well, the taxi pops! Benny zips around the room like a deflating ballon, bouncing off the walls until he finally hits the floor with a loud 'splat' and disappears in a puff of logic.

Plato turns around and gawks at the deflating Benny with aghast horror ::nervous

"B...Benny!"

He looks angrily at the kid in front of him as steam spurts out of his ears with the squeel of a steam train

"You pierced Benny! Do you know how hard it is to get a cab around here?!" ::angry

Before Plato and Damien have time for a brief exchange of ideas...

unbeknownst to both of them, Walter has had about enough of this! He swivels in his chair, eyes blazing, and suddenly an avalanche of forms, memos and red tape pours through a glowing portal in the ceiling, burying Damien under a mountain of bureaucratic paperwork.

Plato's eyes dart forward in surprise as he jumps away from the avalanche. Plato clasps his face in horror:

"Is it tax season already?!"

You start to smell paper burning, and the paper shuffles a bit...

((Turning it on, trying to break out of the immobalise))

Plato starts sniffing the air loudly

*Snif...snif...*

"Do you smell something funny?"

*Snif...snifsnif...*

"Holy schlamoly! FIRE FIRE! Call the fire brigade! Save the doughnuts! Ladies, children and animals first! Get a fire extinguisher! Fire extingui...wait...here..."

Plato steps up to the pile of paper and a loud "zipping" noise is heard by everyone in C&C, oddly Plato isn't wearing any pants...Then, with a loud sigh of satisfaction from the Platypus, the sound of liquid falling on paper is heard...

"AAAaaaaaahhhhhhhh..."

Edit: Matter creation for foul-smelling Platypus urine Heritage. I wasn't sure whether to write "trickling" or "gushing", it all depends on how much urine is created...

Someone's going to need a shower... ::devilangel

Epstein, her face buried in a pillow, finally responds.

I'll be okay - I just need a minute or two to...to calm dawn. I'll be fine, thanks.

Mike says, "OK, but if you need a break, the world is only a step away" and closes the gate and sends a clone out to survey the "toony" situation.
"Good grief.“
...Lieutenant Robert Griffin reports for duty...“
Mike-Clone nods after he says that and answers, "Good to meet you."
"Holy schlamoly! FIRE FIRE! Call the fire brigade! Save the doughnuts! Ladies, children and animals first! Get a fire extinguisher! Fire extingui...wait...here..."

Plato steps up to the pile of paper and a loud "zipping" noise is heard by everyone in C&C, oddly Plato isn't wearing any pants...Then, with a loud sigh of satisfaction from the Platypus, the sound of liquid falling on paper is heard...

"AAAaaaaaahhhhhhhh..."

"Good Grief!"

{Before Damien comes out of that and tries to kill the Cartoon, I'd like to make a gate under him and transport him, me(clone), and the papers to a small deserted island I know of in the Pacific.}

In no time at all, a thin high-preasure stream of acrid toon urine is spraying over Walter's bureucratic mass - the smell of the piss hitting the flames is nauseating ::crazy.

Colby grabs Lobe and Emma and starts pulling them towards the entrance to the observation post.

Quick, in here! God knows how much of that stuff is gonna come out! We've got to get to high ground, fast!

Once inside the shaft, she slams the door shut and spins the latch closed. A cool breeze comes spiraling down the shaft from far overhead. Colby indicates a sort of padded bench, like a ski lift, suspened on two parallel tracks.

Into the lift!

Meanwhile, a hole in space/time opens beneath the now-soggy and smoldering pile of papers, which drops Damien, one of the Mikes and the foul refuse onto a warm, sandy beach... ::blink

The platypus wizz, no longer having a proper target, splashes across the floor and under the monitor station, which quickly shorts out in a flash of sparks and smoke! Plato's skeleton is soon visable as bolts of electricity dance around his body as the charge travels up the stream, and after a few moments of teeth-chattering, the little fella drops to the floor, seemingly unconscious.

Delacroix slaps his hands against his forehead.

Dear god, my base! Look at this place! There's paper and piss everywhere...

He looks like might almost cry ::smiley4

Doc Scoville and Kelso come out of the crew quarters area, bags packed and ready to go. They both stop at the sight of the large pool of urine and the inert form of Plato Puss ::blink Kelso looks to Scoville.

Let's get the hell out!

They both make a mad dash for the t-port, slamming the door behind them.

Mike-Clone nods after he says that and answers, "Good to meet you."
Handing that envelope over to the Captain, Griffin just turns his head in Mikes direction and gives him a friendly nod.

"AAAaaaaaahhhhhhhh..."

Griffin turns fully around and take a look at that mess.

„Oh, shit! I hope those computers are..........“

The platypus wizz, no longer having a proper target, splashes across the floor and under the monitor station, .....

„......... waterproof......“

Suddenly, Griffin explodes to action. Taking a step aside, he leans his scabbard to the wall, then he takes two steps and somersaults over the corner of the center table, trying to reach that main switch/fuse for the computers at the southern wall before the inevitable will be happening............ (OOC an Athletic test, please)

....... which quickly shorts out in a flash of sparks and smoke! Plato's skeleton is soon visable as bolts of electricity dance around his body as the charge travels up the stream, and after a few moments of teeth-chattering, the little fella drops to the floor, seemingly unconscious.

...... Griffin hits the switch and the sparks ceases. Even if he wasn´t able to prevent the initial shortcut, he probably could have saved the rest of the the computers in this way.

„Damn! Too late.“

Dear god, my base! Look at this place! There's paper and piss everywhere...

Griffin moves over to where that silly fuzz-bag lies and drags him away from the piss and the computers. Then he checkes Plato for live signs. (OOC a Medicine test, please).

Griffin is able to hit the cut-off before the terminals are melted into slag, though this does mean the base is temporarility blinded! ::shocked

After pulling Plato clear of all the mess, he leans over and checks the small toon for lifesigns; listening to his chest reveals the sound of an old car engine, starting to sputter. ::blink

After pulling Plato clear of all the mess, he leans over and checks the small toon for lifesigns; listening to his chest reveals the sound of an old car engine, starting to sputter. 

As Griffin kneels over his chest, listening, Plato starts coughing and wheezing

*Cough!*

"I..."

*Gasp*

"I don't think I'm...gonna...make it...doc.."

*Moan*

"Did...did I put out the fire? Did I...did I save the kid? Tell the truth 'doc, is he still alive?"

*Wheez*

"This feels bad..."

Plato twitches

"I...see...I see angels!"

With a small *pip* a little Plato-like Platypus angel appears over the toon, melodiously playing a harp and flittering with its little wings

"I'm coming Ma...Guess I'll see you too Pa...GrandPapa...GrandMama..And you second cousin Echid Knee...I...see the light!"

Plato closes his eyes and falls quiet for a few seconds, the "Angel" keeps flittering quietly and playing the harp sadly...

Suddenly Plato gasps in some air

"Doc...you gotta give this...to my girl. Tell her...tell her I'm sorry I couldn't be there..."

Plato shoves a hand in his "pocket" and pulls out a huge bouquet of Roses. They appear surreal, almost like they were painted...but they smell marvelous. He hands them to Griffin.

"You walk right up there Doc, to Epstein's room and tell her...gack!...no, not that...tell her...I was stupid! Tell her...I shoulda told her...I shoulda told her!"

Suddenly Plato's eyes widen and he stares blankly ahead, hand reaching out, seemingly forgetting his train of thought.

"Rosebud...rosebud..."

With a sigh, Plato closes his eyes and collapses.

"I don't think I'm...gonna...make it...doc.."

„Sorry fuzz-ball, I am not a doc. And a priest even less“

Plato shoves a hand in his "pocket" and pulls out a huge bouquet of Roses. They appear surreal, almost like they were painted...but they smell marvelous. He hands them to Griffin.

Griffin looks a little skeptical at those flowers but takes them.

"You walk right up there Doc, to Epstein's room and tell her...gack!...no, not that...tell her...I was stupid! Tell her...I shoulda told her...I shoulda told her!"

„Don´t even think of it, Pal. You won´t pass out again, you silly fuzz-ball!“

With a sigh, Plato closes his eyes and collapses.

„ What a melodramatic death.“ ::wink

Griffin puts the „flowers“ aside and starts to fold Platos hands over the chest. With a mean grin he looks over to the Captain. ::wink ::tongue ::biggrin

„ Any suggestions for the burial, Sir? Or should I make it a short one and use that paint remover over there?“

Griffin stands up, goes around the table. During this he takes his water canteen from his utility belt and stops at the „dead“ ´toon. He opens it and pours some water over Plato.

Griffin puts the „flowers“ aside and starts to fold Platos hands over the chest. With a mean grin he looks over to the Captain.   

„ Any suggestions for the burial, Sir? Or should I make it a short one and use that paint remover over there?“

Griffin stands up, goes around the table. During this he takes his water canteen from his utility belt and stops at the „dead“ ´toon. He opens it..

Plato remains unfazed at the mention of paint remover, hands resting on his chest, looking noble in death...as noble as can be anyway...But as soon as the canteen is unscrewed Plato starts growing with the sound of stretching rubber and implodes on himself, only Ficklestein remains!

and pours some water over Plato.

"Huh?"

Ernold wipes the water off his face

"What happened? What's that smell? Oh...right...Plato..."

Ernold claps his forehead

"Where's Epstein?!"

He grabs the bouquet from the floor and runs off towards her room oblivious to the fact that there's an exasperated captain in the room.

With a big grin at his face, Griffin closes his canteen and puts it back to his belt. ::smiley1 Then he goes over to the computers and makes a quick check.

"They need just a little rewiring. Nothing really important destroyed. If there is an Engineer here, he could fix it an a few minutes. If there is none, I can do it myself. If I find some tools and wires." ::smokin

I'm talkin' 'bout Shaft:

Colby stops herself, then steps back over to the door and presses her ear against it.

Hmm. No screaming or sounds of rising floodwaters; maybe the little weirdo calmed down.

She turns back to the others.

So you guys wanna go for a ride up topside, or should we make sure everybody's okay?

Crew Quarters:

Esptein calls out from inside her bunk.

I know someone's out there; I'm only coming out if you have the right number of fingers.

The accordian plastic door slides open a crack, revealing a pair of beautiful brown eyes, pink and puffy from crying, and more than a little wary ::unsure

Oh - it's normal you.

She slides the door open the rest of the way, and stands there with her arms crossed tightly across her chest; small, sniffling and still pretty shaken and pissed off. Her nostrils twitch a bit.

Your flowers are weird - kind of like you, I guess. God, do you stink!

C&C:

"They need just a little rewiring. Nothing really important destroyed. If there is an Engineer here, he could fix it an a few minutes. If there is none, I can do it myself. If I find some tools and wires."

Delacroix waves him off.

Nah, I'll put Jubersky on it - this base is his baby.

The captain looks at all the mess in disgust.

This shit better go 'poof' soon, or somebody else just might ::angry

He sighs and rubs his face.

I'll give him a chance to apologize to Epstein - y'know, before I rip his f@cking head off. Nice work, O'Reilly - I'll get you a medal or something.

The captain slowly makes his way towards the crew quarters, gingerly stepping around as much of the stinky stuff as possible.

Back on the island...

The heat grows, the shuffleing increases untill finally a flaming being manages to break out (either through the time elapseing on the immoblize or actually breaking out). The being that emerges flies 10 feet into the air and looks around, snarling. He gently beats his rather large raven wings (bout 6 ft to a wing) as he notices his new surroundings.

He swivels around once and notices that he is in the moddle of an ocean. He growls, and swiftly lands in front of his "captor".

"Where the fugg are we...this had better not be anything that fuggin cartoon did..."

Archived