Aberrant: War Journal - War Journal

Heritage

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hades:

"Nah, couldn´t let you have all of the fun, Earl ::wink. It´s good to see you ::smile." Griffin shakes Wisemans hand firmly, but carefully.

"True is, I am just ten days back into active service and only one day at X-4. Captain Delacroix asked for volunteers to help you out with the lost boys. So, here I am. Because I am the only one there who know something about the shit out there in the badlands, he asked me to be primus inter pares for this mission.

But I think I should introduce you to the others. Spec Li should be a familiar face to you," nodding into the direction where Jen and Ambroz dissapeared.

He leads him to the rest of the bunch. "This little cuty over here is First Sergeant Marena Colby, one of the finest marksman, .errr.... -women, I have ever seen ::smile."

Colby flushes a little bit, but that could be from the Jack; she continues talking quietly with Budd as they take turns tipping back the bottle.

"Over here is our resident Combat Medic, Lieutenant Marcus `Lobe` Smith."

"And last, but not least, Master Scout Mike Roe."

Wiseman waves, nods or shakes hands with the 'fresh meat'.

Rex smiles as he offers his hand,

"Real name's Caestus Pax - but I've found it best not to let too many people know that..."

Wiseman likes that one - he practically doubles over with laughter!

Nice to meet you Pax - ooh, sorry, 'Rex'! Don't worry, your secret's safe with me! ::wink

"Nice to see you again, Lori ::biggrin. I believed that I had to search you out there ::unsure." Nodding into the direction of the entrance.

Chance laughs, but it does seem to be a little forced - she's trying not look as sick as she really is.

Naw, I'm good to go, no worries ::biggrin (::unsure)

A broad grin over his face, Griffin goes over to that ugly guy.

"Hey, Stoney! You old son of a bitch! ::laugh´thought they had already fed you to the rats, even if I believe they are smart enough to stay away from you ::biggrin ::tongue.

After all, couldn´t let you have all the fun, so I invited some people over there to join the gang ::wink, at least for a while."

Looking down at the stump and back up, he starts to offer Stone his left hand. (OOC: Stone has his right one occupied with that crutch.)

"Ah, shit." Griffin changes his mind and gives that ugly guy that kind of a strong hug that a good friend deserves, but with care about the missing leg.

"Good to see you alive." ::smile 

"Does that grow back again?" ::unsure

Stone returns the warm hug, then looks down as his stump.

Yeah, ain't that a bitch? Fvcker's gonna take forever to grow back!

Glancing at his fellow Cobra's amputation, Rex nods whilst commenting,

"Big-ass mosquitoes you guys have got around here I guess..."

Y'know, the bite actually wasn't that bad - it was the artillery shell that did most of the damage. Last time I ask for medical aid from Uncle Joe!

Lobe glances at Private Chance, initially 'checking her out' (always looking for a good time ::cool) then notices her sickness. Lobe walks over and gently places the back of his hand on her forehead then motions to a nearby chair, "Have a seat... how long have you had this fever?"

Chances's false bravado starts to crumble a bit as she nevously takes a seat.

Um, a few days, I guess? What I really need is some rest, I think.

Lobe's going to attempt to diagnose and see if he can treat mundanely with his medical supplies, otherwise Healing her.

After listening to her breathing and thumping her back with his fingers to check for fluid, Lobe is fairly sure she's got a bad respiratory infection, possibly even pnuemonia. She's right, she does need rest, as well as fluids and antibiotics. Healing would strengthen her body's ability to fight the infection (OOC: see the affects on disease in the corebook), and is probably a good idea.

Mike nods and says,

"Or a close approximation there of."

"Mike Roe: code-named 'Xerox lad'." Rex offers helpfully...::halo

Wiseman nods sagaciously.

Ah, a clonie, eh? Welcome to Hades, Number Six, or whichever you are ::wink

X4:

"Huh?..oh, I wasn't...staring...at...ah..heheh..." ::blush

Epstein grins.

Whatever. So just our standard kit, or should we bring anything else?

Twirling a strand of auburn hair around her finger she flips it back as she turns to Epstein. "I don't imagine we'll require anything more than normal gear. Keep it simple. I'd leave personal preparations at your own discretion, though I'm going to go in with minimal gear myself. We are self-reliant women and should pack acordingly. Don't you hate having a heavy pack banging around when you are trying to be sneaky?!" ::wink

Catching herself, Emma blushes making her ivory skins seem burnt. "If you so agree, Jennings. I figure I'll bring survival gear and my 9 mm and a few grenades. I'll pack my bag, but I'm not taking it in with me. If I get caught I don't want those bums getting my stuff and its too much hassle to sneak while packed down."

She smiles friendlylike to the others, her dark blue eyes light up. "Anything yall figure I'm forgetting? We should start gearing up soon, shouldn't we?" The excitement nearly seems visible, radiating out from her lithe body as she stands quickly. Rubbing her hands together briskly, she seems to be gearing herself up for a night out on the town. "Uhm.. I love being back in action." ::bigsmile

Catching herself, Emma blushes making her ivory skins seem burnt. "If you so agree, Jennings. I figure I'll bring survival gear and my 9 mm and a few grenades. I'll pack my bag, but I'm not taking it in with me. If I get caught I don't want those bums getting my stuff and its too much hassle to sneak while packed down."

He nods tersely. "No, that's fine. Won't be packing much more myself anyway. Just the basics, knives and a sidearm."

He looks around at the others, waiting to hear their thoughts.

Ernold feeling pressure to talk...uh...talks

"I think I'll bring a bazooka and a whoopie cushion."

"I'm kidding! Kidding! Sheez...I'll bring binoculars, my sidearm and a collapsible rifle as well as rations or trail mix. Ahh, maybe we should bring a rope? I mean no party can go out without a rope right? Its like asking for trouble..."

Said the D&D veteran (which Ernold obviously is...)

Ahh, maybe we should bring a rope? I mean no party can go out without a rope right? Its like asking for trouble..."

Standing and making her way over to Ernold, she pats him on the shoulder. "Bloody brilliant." ::wink Turning to head for the door, she looks back at their team leader. "Are we dismissed, Jennings? I need to check my ammo." ::sly

After listening to her breathing and thumping her back with his fingers to check for fluid, Lobe is fairly sure she's got a bad respiratory infection, possibly even pnuemonia. She's right, she does need rest, as well as fluids and antibiotics. Healing would strengthen her body's ability to fight the infection (OOC: see the affects on disease in the corebook), and is probably a good idea.

After examining her thoroughly, Lobe seems lost in thought for a minute then looks back at her, "Sit still and don't flinch..."

He then stands up, and as he does so, two snakes, one green and one red, seem to appear from the ground and start slowly slithering in a spiral motion around, and up, his body. As he reaches his right hand out towards his patient, the green snake begins slithering down his arm until at the exact moment he touches her, the snakes fangs seem to sink into her arm. After a brief moment, both snakes disappear, and Lobe looks expectantly at Private Chance, noting any bodily reactions.

(using Healing with 3 quantum points to attempt to combat her disease)

Standing and making her way over to Ernold, she pats him on the shoulder. "Bloody brilliant."  ::wink Turning to head for the door, she looks back at their team leader. "Are we dismissed, Jennings? I need to check my ammo."   ::sly

He nods.

"Yeah, go get ready. We'll be getting underway soon, I expect."

Hades:

After examining her thoroughly, Lobe seems lost in thought for a minute then looks back at her, "Sit still and don't flinch..."

Um...okay ::unsure

He then stands up, and as he does so, two snakes, one green and one red, seem to appear from the ground and start slowly slithering in a spiral motion around, and up, his body. As he reaches his right hand out towards his patient, the green snake begins slithering down his arm until at the exact moment he touches her, the snakes fangs seem to sink into her arm. After a brief moment, both snakes disappear, and Lobe looks expectantly at Private Chance, noting any bodily reactions.

At first alarmed by the appearance of the snakes (especially the whole biting part ::blink), Chance does seem to look better after Lobe's 'treatment' - her color looks a bit better, and she holds a hand over her chest as she takes a few deep breaths. She should probably still rest to reach a full recovery.

Wow - that really cleared me up. Thanks! ::biggrin

From whatever side room the captain took Li can be heard the sound of one of her warps opening - in fact, a few stray purple discharges dance their way out into the hall where the two teams are chatting, and a strong breeze can also be felt. After about a minute, the warp can be heard to shut and Li returns, her face a grim, closed book. She's followed by the captain and two other men; the first is a tall slab of blonde beefcake, standard Big 10 college issue, wearing first sergeant stripes - other than some heavy facial bruising and a bit of a stiff walk, he looks fairly healthy. The second is a squat, hairless near-dwarf (in the Tolkien sense ::wink) with a dirty bandage wrapped around his head - he dabs at the corner of eyes that weep some sort of glowing yellow mucous, and smudges of the same mucous stain his lips, as well. He wears grease-stained coveralls and a foul expression, and something about him brings a taste of bile to the back of your throat.

Captain Ambroz looks satisfied.

Doubet, Doyle and Meire can finally get some decent treatment, and Hume's remains will be sent back to his family.

He indicates the end of the hall with a jerk of his head, where Chance is already seated as Lobe tends to her. It just sort of widens fifteen feet down into what passes for C&C at Hades, a 25' by 30' room with a small table, surrounded by six chairs, some local terrain maps, and a view screen that suffers from serious snow and distortion. Monitor stations and the turret control console are also here, built into the walls around the room/area. Three short hallways fan out from C&C clockwise starting at nine o'clock, the first leading to the base's underpowered t-port, the second to the engineer's quarters and the base's nuke and alcohol generators (yep, you can just see the edge of the nuke from the table ::crazy), and at high noon there's a funky smell like rotting vegetables coming from the garden no one has time to take proper care of, what with all shelling and all ::wink

Ambroz strides over to the view screen and taps the glass with frustration.

This will clear up in a second... Decon, have a look at this.::angry

The observant will note that Colby, after taking a seat at the table, has been looking with restrained loathing at the beefcake first sergeant, who's pointedly ignoring her gaze. Meanwhile the brooding engineer is fiddling with the view screen, muttering obscenities under his breath; Wiseman looks over to Griff and winks ::wink

X4:

She smiles friendlylike to the others, her dark blue eyes light up. "Anything yall figure I'm forgetting? We should start gearing up soon, shouldn't we?" The excitement nearly seems visible, radiating out from her lithe body as she stands quickly. Rubbing her hands together briskly, she seems to be gearing herself up for a night out on the town. "Uhm.. I love being back in action."

Epstein stands and stretches (easy there, Ernold! ::shocked), and seems to share Emma's excitement.

Me, too - I hate being cooped up in here for too long ::biggrin I think I will leave my fletcher, unless one of you thinks I should bring it - between my silenced automatic and growing some claws, I can do more damage without as much noise.

"I think I'll bring a bazooka and a whoopie cushion."

::shocked

"I'm kidding! Kidding! Sheez...I'll bring binoculars, my sidearm and a collapsible rifle as well as rations or trail mix. Ahh, maybe we should bring a rope? I mean no party can go out without a rope right? Its like asking for trouble..."

I cannot believe I fell for that ::blush ::rolleyes Rope is real good - see if Walter has any of that. And I don't think we have any collapsible rifles, but maybe we can work up something; is Jujubee still here, or did he go to Hole 23? ::unsure

(OOC: I honestly can't remember....gonna have to look that up ::laugh)

Hades

As the two new soldiers start to approach, Lobe looks up at Chance and smiles, "Now you may be feeling better, but you REALLY need some rest (that last part said loud enough for Capt Ambroz to hear), doctor's orders. And trust me, I'll be back to check on you ::wink ."

Seeing his new patients, Lobe first motions for the mucous dripping one to sit down first, and again will attempt to heal him. As Griffin walks by he grabs his arm, "Hey, I'm gonna need to rest after I take care of these soldiers, before we head out..."

Seeing his new patients, Lobe first motions for the mucous dripping one to sit down first, and again will attempt to heal him. As Griffin walks by he grabs his arm, "Hey, I'm gonna need to rest after I take care of these soldiers, before we head out..."

Pvt Chance grabs Lobe by the arm when she sees him motion towards the engineer - she leans in close and whispers in his ear.

Uh, don't try and help Decon - he's not much of a people person, and does not like to be touched. Also he's been acting medic until you got here, so - "issues". ::blush ::wink

"Y'know, the bite actually wasn't that bad - it was the artillery shell that did most of the damage. Last time I ask for medical aid from Uncle Joe!"

"Good to hear that it will regrow, pal ::smile . "Joe´s Evening Serenades" are still coming though? ::sarcasm "

Wiseman looks over to Griff and winks

"We should go over to them. I think there is a lot that we have to talk about."

Griffin nods in the direction of that table.

"Hey, I'm gonna need to rest after I take care of these soldiers, before we head out..."

"We won´t have very much time to rest, Lobe. Try to help them as good as you can with "mundane" help. Use your juice for the really bad cases. Get some of the lesser wounded back to their feet, so that they can help the others. I´ll see about how much time we have till we have to go out."

"I usually just kill stuff - this doctorin' lark ain't my bag (baby). Anythin' I should be doin'?"

Griffin gives Rex a slanted grin on that comment.

"Hey, who said live would be easy ::devilangel ? I´ll talk with the Captain, see if we can get some more detailed informations about the Ranger-boys and our pals who went after them. You could come with me or take a look around and see if you could help them in any kind. Perhaps you could pick up one of the residents to give you a little tour around, searching for a little bit of place where we could put our gear down and squat down during our rests."

Griffin walks over to Captain Ambroz and Lt. Wiseman.

"Problems, Sir? If You, and the Lieutenant, have some time, I would like to talk about that Ranger patrol and the Team that got lost."

Nodding to Griffin, Rex starts to have a look about for a suitable corner for chucking loose gear. While he does, the thought strikes the lizard guy that a chorus of a good-ol' traditional military-type ballad might help to lift the local's spirits a bit - with that thought, he starts to sing (loudly, but with about as much skill as a beer-soaked crowd at a footie match):

A-sol',

A-sol',

A-sol',

A-sol',

A soldier I shall be!

Two-pis',

Two-pis',

Two-pis',

Two-pis',

Two pistols on my knee!

For-cu',

For-cu',

For-cu',

For-cu',

For curiosity!

I'll fight for the old c'unt,

Fight for the old c'unt,

Fight for the old country!

[Ya' hafta' sing it out loud... ::sly ]

Mike (both Mike's) just watch on without comment.

*Hmmm - tough audience... Time for the big guns...*

On the good ship Venus,

By God you should have seen us,

The figurehead was a whore in bed,

& the mast was a rampant penis!

The Captain's daughter Mabel,

Whenever she was able,

Gave the crew their daily screw,

On the chartroom table!

The Captain's younger daughter,

One day fell in the water.

Excited squeals denoted eels,

Had found her sexual quarter!

[... um... the other verses are a bit worse than that... ::blush ] ::devil ::sly

*If this doesn't get 'em, it's on to Eskimo Nell...*

Emma glides out quietly, nearly skipping down the hall to her room. She appears back in CC ten minutes later properly suited out, with her 9mm in her holster, a knife strapped to her thigh and a RASMG-1 held carefully at her side. She strums her fingers up and down the rifle occasionally while she checks it over and locks in a clip.

Hades:

"Hey, who said live would be easy  ? I´ll talk with the Captain, see if we can get some more detailed informations about the Ranger-boys and our pals who went after them. You could come with me or take a look around and see if you could help them in any kind. Perhaps you could pick up one of the residents to give you a little tour around, searching for a little bit of place where we could put our gear down and squat down during our rests."

Griffin walks over to Captain Ambroz and Lt. Wiseman.

"Problems, Sir? If You, and the Lieutenant, have some time, I would like to talk about that Ranger patrol and the Team that got lost."

Ambroz just stares at the back of the burly Engineer working on the view screen and shakes his head in disgust.

Nothing works here.

The captain sighs, then turns back to Griff.

Well, we'll just do it the old fashioned way.

He walks over to the topographical region map on the wall and points to a red thumbtack stuck there.

This was the last known position of the Rangers, two ten-man squads, one rifles, the other a machine gun unit, probably a 7.62. From the sound of it, they were pinned down pretty bad, but by what, we have no idea, since that part of the message was badly garbled - of course.

And here the cap flashes a brief grim smile ::sly

Due to poor visibility and other issues, the Rangers were not able to send out an extraction team for several hours - based on our monitoring, they still haven't - so we saw it as an opportunity for us to reap a little benefit.

He then points to a green tack about an inch away from the red one.

Here's where our boys popped in, courtesy of Miss Li here. We sent in nine men, as many as we could safely spare after the artillery barrage the night before.

He points vaguely at Stone's fleshy stump, then locks eyes with each of the X4 personnel in turn.

Harris. Orbach. Littlefoot. Frieberg. Marshall. Patterson. Gervasi. Miller. Boehmer. Can't raise 'em on the Path - no word in twenty-four hours, not even a flare.

He looks down at the floor, and then back at Griffin.

Bring back my boys.

As far as the response to Rex's song goes, well, Ambroz seems to be ignoring it, but it does appear to have had a somewhat cheering effect on the rest of the haggard Alpha team. Colby is obviously very entertained ::laugh

The Recon Team:

Emma glides out quietly, nearly skipping down the hall to her room. She appears back in CC ten minutes later properly suited out, with her 9mm in her holster, a knife strapped to her thigh and a RASMG-1 held carefully at her side. She strums her fingers up and down the rifle occasionally while she checks it over and locks in a clip.

Epstein nods to the others.

I'll be back in five.

She drains her glass and salutes, then heads back to her bunk.

Leaning her rifle against the wall and laying her pack down gently, Emma nods absently at Epstein and heads over to Capt. Delacroix.

"Sir, I hate to intrude, and please tell me if I'm being impertinent, but what about Damien? If Jennings and the Mike clone? are sitting ducks while Epstein and Ernold and I do some of the recon, aren't they in an uncomfortable position? Not that I really know Damien or anything, but I think it might be best if he were to travel along on the recon. We, as his team, have to be able to trust him and it might do him good if he knows that we need him. Which viably we do. This seems to be a less dangerous situation, so hopefully its a learning experience to see how we all handle ourselves and if we can work as a unit."

Holding herself straight and tall, Emma meets the Captains eyes dead on looking every bit the officer that she is despite having to look up to the larger Captain.

Speaking of Damien...

He looks over his figures so far, nodding at the placement of his latest figure. He has moved the desk back to the bed and is standing on the chair again, and is now halfway across the wall. The angelic figures line the top of the wall in an almost inspiring arc (they are only stick figures after all). He smiles slightly and continues.

Hades:

Here's where our boys popped in, courtesy of Miss Li here. We sent in nine men, as many as we could safely spare after the artillery barrage the night before....
After the captain is done Mike-#1 walks up to the map and studies it very intently, trying to note and commit to memory places of interest like the tops of hills.

He thinks but doesn't bother saying the obvious. *Whatever got the first crew got the second. I can't wait to find out what the heck is going on over there. ::lookaround *

"Let's move out soon, preferably now. I may not be the only one of us on borrowed time."

Leaning her rifle against the wall and laying her pack down gently, Emma nods absently at Epstein and heads over to Capt. Delacroix.

"Sir, I hate to intrude, and please tell me if I'm being impertinent, but what about Damien? If Jennings and the Mike clone? are sitting ducks while Epstein and Ernold and I do some of the recon, aren't they in an uncomfortable position? Not that I really know Damien or anything, but I think it might be best if he were to travel along on the recon. We, as his team, have to be able to trust him and it might do him good if he knows that we need him. Which viably we do. This seems to be a less dangerous situation, so hopefully its a learning experience to see how we all handle ourselves and if we can work as a unit."

Holding herself straight and tall, Emma meets the Captains eyes dead on looking every bit the officer that she is despite having to look up to the larger Captain.

Delacroix meets her gaze - after a few moments, he nods and rubs his bare, blue-black head.

Okay, you're willing to take a chance on him - that's good. If you think the boy can be subtle enough for this sort of op, I will defer to you.

He indicates the hallway towards the crew quarters with a toss of his head.

Go on, give him the good news, and tell him to be ready ASAP.

Giving herself a minute to rally herself, Emma stares at Captain Delacroix for a full moment without blinking before noding, and turning sharply to head down to Damien's room. Stopping at the doorway, she pauses to look over her shoulder, flushing. "Which room?" She almost whispers.

Waiting for his reply, she then quickly walks to Damien's door, knocking smartly.

"Just going to see if you wanted to come along? The Captain gave his permission, but said if you were going to get prepped ASAP. Your call. I didn't think you wanted to miss all the fun." Sliding in slightly, Emma looks around silently, absorbing the drawings without comment. "Staying or going, Damien?" Smiling politely, Emma stays standing just in the door.

Shruging lightly, Emma turns towards the door. "A heavier hitter isn't someone to be sitting twiddling his thumbs, but you'd be helpful in the camp ensuring its safety while Epstein, Ernold and I sneak into their camp. If the pooh hits the fan, you'd be a marvalous distraction." The last comes out almost as praise though Emma has very carefully modulated her voice. "If you'd rather hang about and draw, Damien, that's cool."

Damien considers a second. He puts his charcoal in a drawer on the desk and 'reabsorbs' the grenades briefly, then starts for the door.

"Lets get going then. I should be doing *some* good." he takes on last look at his wall then walks past emma out into the hall...and pauses.

"Pooh?" He chuckles, and shakes his head slightly as he makes his way to the CC...ready to go.

"Hm? Its what I like to do. I only started it today. It'll take a while to get done." He says as his clothing shifts from the akward looking wife-beater shirt with large bulges to a skin-tight camaflage body suit with better posisitioned bulges. Looking at his suit you notice that on the front and back a skull can clearly be made out. A flap of fiber comes over his head for a mask with another similar color skull.

"Its how I like to pass the time."

"Bring back my boys."

Griffin looks quite thoughtfull over that map, comparing it with the data he got from Captain Delacroix.

"Well, we´ll have to do it in the old fashioned ´Search-and-Rescue´-manner. We drop in near that point." Pointing at that green tack. "Then we will have to pick up their trail and find them. And we have to do it fast. Sir, we need some NBC-Equipment, a safe ´Landing Zone´ where we could port back in for decontamination without getting shelled and of course Decon on call."

"Hey - is there a good reason why we can't just open a Warp above the enemy artillery & drop me in to, like, step on it or something?

"Perhaps later, pal. We have to complete our SAR-mission first."

Then he turns to the room and calls the Team.

"X-Ped 4 to me, please!"

Ernold walks back into C&C, now wearing black clothes and a black backpack on his shoulders. A pistol is strapped in a shoulder holster of his and all various velcro pockets presumably hold all kinds of goodies. Catching sight of Damien he suddenly stops and narrows his eyes in a comic display of total disdain as he slowly sets his jaw. Without a word he steps to the opposite corner and waits for the rest.

Archived