Aberrant: War Journal - War Journal OOC

Heritage

I just wanted to say that since using some new anti-virus software, my beloved Compy is running much better, and I plan on reviving good ol' WJ this week, and pursuing the development of Trans-D as well.

Life is once again good! ::laugh ::thumbsup

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Mike glances at the sunken orb overhead, remembers what time it is, and decides whether that is the sun or (less likely) the moon.

Actualy it is the moon - both are night missions in the same time zone, but I just got a little carried with my purple prose ::blush

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, a couple of quick things:

1. If I don't get posts from Prof and Levinwurth in the nex eight hours or so, I'm going to make general assumptions for their characters, just to keep things moving. No dialog or anything, just nods or headshakes and movement.

2. Tooho, I believe Ernold is signaling Emma to put her telepathic whammy on one of the guards - is she going to attempt to read one of them?

at this point, i'm just waiting on tooho - lev's always been an intermitant poster (no offense, dude), and who knows when potts will return ::sad however, right now my right arm is in a sling, due to acute bursitis (hence no caps - damn parens, tho), so i'm gonna be taking a break for a few days, popping fat motrin caps to try and get the swelling down.

see you all in a few! ::biggrin

What seemed to unnerve anyone that had ever been around Tesseract was this feeling that he was always moving, or shifting somehow. The problem was, you could never actually catch it. You could catch it out of the corner of your eye; the sense that his shape was subtely morphing, but when you looked directly at him, it seemed to stop. And the worst part was, it was constant.
Handsignaling "Wait", Eric pulls out a silver whisky flask and uncorks it. Those next to him him are immediately inundated with the smell of excessive Mint extract blended with Castor oil. He takes a swig, gargles deeply, and swallows, making a horrid face the whole time.  (OOC: spend a Willpower to clear up the speech for the scene)

Ironfeather puts the flask away and tries again, this time in a voice that sounds like a dozen animals all trying to vocalize at once.

Pat closes his eyes for a moment, and the colonel recieves a request from a tinny, synthesized voice over his suit's radio for a secure encrypted transmission from Pat. Assuming Bledsoe accepts, he hears, "I'll speak out loud for the benefit of everyone else, and I suggest you do the same, but this is the only way I'll hear you when you speak. Didn't you read my dossier before asking for this meeting?"

Yes! Glacier is no longer the most shameless taint-baby on EON! ::tongue ::squid ::laugh

Yes! Glacier is no longer the most shameless taint-baby on EON! ::tongue ::squid ::laugh

I know you were chastised in the proper thread for this sort of comment, but I shall do so here myself:

Pick right thread for posting! Silly Boy!::angry ::laugh

Okay, there we go.

Tooho, I'm giving you til the end of today to post something as simple as "Emma nods, and closes her eyes in concentration" - that's as much as I need to keep things moving. If you don't post for Emma, I will, probably using that exact same quote ::tongue I know there's a lot going on in all our lives, but I do want to keep these stories going.

Hope to hear from you soon, T! ::biggrin

Thanks for posting, Tooho! ::biggrin ::thumbsup

Okay, having recieved no word from Levinwurth or the ever-elusive Potts, I'm just going to keep going, and give them sort of vague actions and responses. Once the current missions are over, at the earliest opportunity I'm going to put them on the 'back burner', not writing them out of the story, but putting them in a sort of 'holding pattern' back at X4, so they can return to play if they ever so desire. Of course, if one of them posts in the immediate future, I will of course allow them to continue in the game normally.

And now, back to our show!

Just so everyone knows, I'm waiting for the guards' reaction since I don't want H. to feel guilty about them stumbling on the group due to a five minute conversation starting due to everyone assuming they just walked on.

That and Ernold doesn't have much to add anyway...

Sorry for the delays in both the WJ games - I've just been very busy lately, and not getting a whole lot of sleep, so my brain has been rather porridgy and unprodcutive the past few days. Have no fear, all is well - just a gimme another day or two to collapse and revive the ol' gray matter!

• 2 weeks later...

Something I should probably clafiry:

DAD Tactical Power Suit

Dimensions

-Height: 3m

-Width (across the shoulders): 1.5m

-Weight: 1.5 metric tons

Armaments

Tac-suits are designed for heavy assaults, much like mechanized infantry units. Each suit has the firepower to stand up to armored vehicles and fortifications, using a heavy ultra-machine gun, grenade launcher, and light anti-tank missiles to carve a devastating swath of destruction in their path. In addition, three guided SAM missiles help the soldiers to take down low flying aircraft, or novas, should that be the case.

Most of the ammo has been spent, as the nearby terrain and shattered tree trunks attest. The UMG and grenade launcher are arm-mounted, and the missile pods are shoulder-mounted; two of the SAMs are actually still loaded.

Just so people know, if anyone else wants to join this game, they are welcome to do so, within reason. I PMed Levinwurth, and he confirmed that he's lost the thread of the game, so Jaimie Jennings will be leaving X4 at the end of the recon mission. Also Ezekiel will be going on his whirlwind global tour in a few months, so Ernold will be MIA for a bit, so if anyone wants to sign up, let me know.

I'm over all my early hangups about number of players, within reason - I wouldn't want 20 more players, which would cause my head to explode, but two to four more team members would be fine.

"Speak for yourself..."

Hey Prof ::biggrin .It´s some time ago but I still remember that we had a long discussion about carrying capacities and we found out that Rex isn´t able to carry that UMG in it´s "classic" form. And now you let him make a hint that he would be able to carry that thing additionally to his 30mm cannon? ::innocent ::tongue

He might have bought or bought up his Mega-Strength.

-or-

Growth is a maint power, and this is a situation where he presumably will be using it in any case. Of course both groups out here probably wouldn't be inclined to meet with a 60 ft flesh eating lizard man, so this might make contacting them harder, and it would make stealth a lot harder, but it could be done.

We haven't heard from Tooho in a while, and she's been acting as effective team leader of the recon group since Lev stopped posting. If I don't here from her soon, I might have to take over Jennings for a bit to recall the team, since it does seem like they've fulfilled their mission requirements, unless anyone else wants to go in closer for more intel.

Hey Prof  .It´s some time ago but I still remember that we had a long discussion about carrying capacities and we found out that Rex isn´t able to carry that UMG in it´s "classic" form. And now you let him make a hint that he would be able to carry that thing additionally to his 30mm cannon?
Growth is a maint power, and this is a situation where he presumably will be using it in any case. Of course both groups out here probably wouldn't be inclined to meet with a 60 ft flesh eating lizard man, so this might make contacting them harder, and it would make stealth a lot harder, but it could be done.

Yep - he's pretty damn strong at full size. ::wink

...he could stay 'big' for as long as he wanted to. Maintenance powers are cool that way. ::biggrin
Out of combat Maint powers are paid for only once per scene and last the entire scene.

Growth is 2q.

I think Heritage said a scene defaults to 2 hours.

If that is his only maint power, Rex could keep it up for a day or so without a problem... longer than we are going to be here in any case.

Sorry for the spotty posting. I've been consistently denied a computer muchless internet (dang you, ancient electrical wiring!). I should be returning to my normal posting speed this week. ::biggrin Thank goodness for people willing to help work the system. Library access here I come!! ::blush

You know what, I can't imagine anyone really wants to write a post where Delacroix is breifed on the Rimrock mission; all the players have read what happened, I sure as hell know what happened, so what's the point in writing it all over again?

I'm going to post something about Jennings doing a breifing (he was commanding officer, after all), and then give all the PC and NPCs at X4 a chance to get back to what they do best - hitting on each other and getting into fights. ::laugh

Archived