Aberrant: Cognizant Chimera - Cognizant Chimera - The Early Years...

malkboy

Matt answers in a relaxed sort of tone,

"Still human... even more so than before. The change fixed me up. No more pain from old injuries and no more scars. No more addiction and I feel younger... and that may be the point."

"I've spent the last month learning how it all works and letting the Docs look over me. Some of those guys have lots of brains but no smarts, but a few of them made sense. A few claimed some of us became our idealized self or something like that. For me that reset the clock back before the war ripped me up."

"For you, well, I'll bet you were a devil of a guy before the change. ::devil How about it? Enjoy shocking people? I don't know your scene... but I'll bet a part of the 'old' you would call the 'new' you a fantasy made flesh?" ::devilangel

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shooting a quite glance towards Mandy he adds,

"Maybe we can do the 'group hug' thing later?" 

Laughing softly, the blonde shakes her head no. "I believe any clinches with you, Michael, will be held at fifty paces." Eyes twinkling again in amusement, she winks at Matt at his 'devilish' comments, before turning to Mr. Hamilton.

"Are you pursuing your political career currently, Mr. Hamilton? I personally am not a nova. Just a plain Jane human, here." ::blush Pinching the bridge of her nose for a second she closes her eyes momentarily before looking back to the others around the table. Unbuttoning her jacket and sitting back in the chair, she idly swings her foot while moving her attention from one man to another around the table.

"I'm a psychologist who was employed with Aeon. I've just returned from 'vacation' after an incident that unwittingly involved Mr. Foxx as most of you know." Idly tapping her fingers on the tabletop. She looks questioningly to Xander.

"May I ask why you invited me? I'm not useful in the more adventurous avenues as the others must be. I'm merely a scientist. I'll admit it seems my association with Aeon is coming to an end, but I can't imagine you need another headshrinker about the place." Shrugging her slim shoulders nonchalantly, she lets her head rest on the back of the chair, seeming to finally relax.

"Are you pursuing your political career currently, Mr. Hamilton? I personally am not a nova. Just a plain Jane human, here."

William looks at the woman and gives her a breath taking (and heart melting ::wink ) smile. Its almost like he has turned the lights in the room down except for the one on him and her.

"Yes. I was going to use the money from this to help fund a new campaign...nothing major...just a govenor race."

He watches her intently untill she finally relaxes...he listens to every word, and notd as she talks absorbing her words.

I'll admit it seems my association with Aeon is coming to an end, but I can't imagine you need another headshrinker about the place."

"We can always use another head-shrinker. They are what makes the political world go 'round after all. The more professionals saying we aren't that much danger to society the better. Mabey we can talk it over later tonight? I would like to talk more about your specialty...Would you like dinner in the hotel or somewhere else?" When the words leave his (sexy) lips, she feels compelled to choose...one or the other? Which would be better? (you know what im doing CC)

Kicking back in his chair with a paper plate full of appetizers in front of him, Brandt swallows and drops a stripped chicken wing on a pile of the same. Wiping his lips with a napkin, he finally speaks.

"Past month? Nothing really. Went to Mexico, saved some nuns. Got some crazy new powers, nice new and improved body." He grimaces slightly. "Not too much wrong with the old one, don't get me wrong. Least I don't have to wear glasses anymore, so that's good."

He stretches languorously, arms reaching above his head, and eyes the bat-winged guy crouching on the chair.

"So, going for the vigilante thing? Yeah, imagine that'd piss off a whole bunch of people. Hope that works out for you." He grins suddenly. "I give you credit for being so open about it. And I dig your line about the personal responsibilty. I can appreciate that."

"As for physical changes? None with me I can see...other than the toned muscles and all. I do have a problem with watches, though." He frowns down at the expensive looking timepiece on his wrist. "A present from my folks, friggin Omega and no matter what, it's always 2 minutes slow. Only 2 minutes, but constant. The dealer said they'd get me a new one, but this one's engraved already and everything." He sighs.

Nibbling on a finger sandwich, the youngish teacher glances over at Hamilton. "Politician, huh? I'll try not to hate you too much.", he says with a smile. "Just kidding man. ::biggrin You seem like a cool guy, damn shame you gotta waste yourself on the Presidency."

Swiveling dramatically in his chair, he turns his attention to Matt. "Before the war?" He raises an eyebrow. "Which war would that be? You don't seem the right age...but if you're saying you got switched back to before...", he raises a hand to forestall an answer, "Nevermind, bud. Your business, not mine. Just curious and no offense intended."

"And you, Ms. Headshrinker? If you're not a...what are they calling us? Ah, a nova. If you're not a nova, my bet is you were invited to add some legitimacy to the whole shebang. Upper middle class white, female doctor? More specifically, a psychologist that just came from a charity-based Save the World foundation? Yeah, my money's on you being here to lend credence to Mr. Fox's grand plan."

He laughs. "Of course, he might have just invited you to watch all of us interact, see if you can pick out the loonies." ::laugh

The more professionals saying we aren't that much danger to society the better. Mabey we can talk it over later tonight? I would like to talk more about your specialty...Would you like dinner in the hotel or somewhere else?" When the words leave his (sexy) lips, she feels compelled to choose...one or the other? Which would be better? (you know what im doing CC)

"Ohh, uhm..." flushed and embarrassed the good doctor seems mesmerized by the smile. ::wub "There's this Vietnamese place.. has wonderful pho." Leaning forward in her seat Mandy smiles sweetly as she rests her elbows on the table and props her chin on her hands.

"And you, Ms. Headshrinker? If you're not a...what are they calling us? Ah, a nova. If you're not a nova, my bet is you were invited to add some legitimacy to the whole shebang. Upper middle class white, female doctor? More specifically, a psychologist that just came from a charity-based Save the World foundation? Yeah, my money's on you being here to lend credence to Mr. Fox's grand plan."

He laughs. "Of course, he might have just invited you to watch all of us interact, see if you can pick out the loonies." 

Smiling, the cute blonde shakes her head ruefully. "I'd never be so gauche! There's a little bit of loony in us all." ::biggrin Pointedly tilting her head just slightly at Michael she winks stealthily and attempts to look innocent.

Xander listens to the open exchange between guests and suddenly chimes in, "Doctor Hughes is here, because she was involved with the Aeon project and yes that can lend credibility. From what I was told was the only person from Aeon to check on my recovery after what happened. Mostly she is here because we all have had something major happen in our lives and I believed it might be wise to have someone who can help us cope with the changes in our lives if we need it. I'll step out on a limb and even acknowledge that I need someone to help me deal with what happened out in Nowhere."

Xander looks to each the guests there as he continues, "Just to actually fill those of you who didn't attend the Aeon meeting. It lasted all of a day and ended with me accidentally imploding a building. Anything after that I only know by second hand information, but some of the others there used thier gifts to rescue me and anyone else that might have been trapped," says Xander as he brings a hand to his temple and continues on, "Never would have I thought that my powers could have brought down the building. I have to accept that I acted irresponsible and fortunate that the only person injured was myself. But even that doesn't excuse Aeon's reaction to the incident. To refuse my family the right to visit me in the hospital and to attempt in keeping me there well beyond the time needed to recover."

Xander eyes travel over towards Victor, "Fortunately for me, they underestimated my metabolism when trying to keep me under with sedatives and I was gone before anything beyond treatment for my injuries. I don't know what they thought they were doing, but it wasn't greatly appriciated and makes me suspicious of Aeon's motives in regards to novas. Especially when combined with the media coverup, the staff bribery and the internal staff rearrangement."

Glancing over to Dr. Hughes, Xander goes on to say, "What I want to do here tonight, is put us all on the same team. To form something to keep an eye on those watching over novas to ensure that everything stays above board, " says the nova host as he glances at William for a moment, "And to do that we need to treat each other with the respect and honesty that a good team thrives on. If anybody here feels they can't do that, speak up now and I will make good on the promised money so that you can be on your way."

William smiles brightly, he nods and raises his glass to their host.

"Hear. hear. That is a wonderful idea. I am really sorry about what happened to you. And I agree that we should do whatever is nessassary to stop further treatment to that effect. If you do *Truely* mean what you say, and you want whats best for all the new...nova's. Then I'll help where I can to make sure that we are all equal. It would help, however to have some...evidence if ill intent on their part. Its understandable to keep you under watch like that if they considered you a threat to the general population after all..."

He bridges his hands together in a inquisitive way, as he leans back in his seat.

Taking in the others around the room and hearing what they say, Victor decides that these aren't the people (thanx B ::tongue ), and so decides to open up---

"I'm Victor Orpheus, at least that's what the toe tag said. And as for being changed, that's kinda hard to tell. See, as far as I know, I'm only 27 days, 13 hours and" looking at his watch "37 min. old."

Running his fingers through his curly black hair, the Greco-American lad decides to stand and explain, his sleep-redeyes and constant yawning only emphisize his plight. "I'm kind of a 'Nowhere Man'. The first thing I remember is waking up on a slab in a private morgue. That, and scaring a guard to death...no really, he's dead. ::lookaround

Since then I've tried to find out who I am, but can't find a trace. I have this knowledge and these skills, but have no idea how I learned them. I couldn't even find out who owned the morgue."

Turning to look to Mr. Fox, Victor smiles slightly. "As for why I'm here, up until a moment ago I had no Idea. I came because I needed the money to fund my investigation into my identity, but I suspect that Mr. Fox thinks that the same people who were keeping my corpse were the same ones whom tried to detain him. Am I right?"

Rising to pace up oneside and down the other of the table and looking slightly ill and disillusioned, Mandy's eyes don't move from Victor while he talks. Once he's finished she seems to swallow hard before addressing Xander."Do you think it was a faction of Aeon, Mr. Foxx? I can't believe they would forcibly detain novas. That goes against everything I thought they were for. It's one thing to run tests to try to help humans and novas alike to understand the widespread 'erruption' of homo sapien novus on a voluntary basis but to..."

Staring at her hands morosely, Dr. Hughes looks sadly to Victor. "I still have friends in Aeon. If they are involved I can try to get a few answers. Barring that, if you like, we can try some memory recovery techniques. Not to get your hopes up, but I've had them be very successful with traumatic memory loss patients before. Nothing invasive, I promise. But that is fully your call. No pressure."

"For you, well, I'll bet you were a devil of a guy before the change.  How about it? Enjoy shocking people? I don't know your scene... but I'll bet a part of the 'old' you would call the 'new' you a fantasy made flesh?"

Michael's quick grin at Matt's question is reflected by a slight increase in the glow from his all-green eyes,

"Yeah - I guess that's about the size of it." ::devil

The winged man's expression then turns thoughtful again as he strokes his fingers over the light stubble on his chin & contemplates out loud,

"But... wouldn't that imply some sort of direction behind the changes, some sort of guiding hand?" ::confused

... The more professionals saying we aren't that much danger to society the better...

At that comment from the politician Mike's gaze shoots up to fix him with a narrow-eyed stare,

"What? 'Not a danger to society'? Look at us, man - of course we're dangerous. Empty propaganda & spin doctoring is the last thing we need - there's enough of that already in this mess we call 'society' - us adding to it isn't going to help. If that's the sort of crap we're going to be doing here, then I'm having no part in it!"

Shaking his head Mike adds,

"Look - we've been given abilities which other people haven't. We have a real opportunity to make the world a better place here. Let's not waste it on pointless career dreams, okay?"

"I give you credit for being so open about it. And I dig your line about the personal responsibilty. I can appreciate that."

Mike nods an acknowledgement to the unnamed man.

"Of course, he might have just invited you to watch all of us interact, see if you can pick out the loonies."

The bat-winged man raises his hand, then grins,

"Oops - sorry: thought you wanted a show of hands on that." ::biggrin

"What I want to do here tonight, is put us all on the same team. To form something to keep an eye on those watching over novas to ensure that everything stays above board... And to do that we need to treat each other with the respect and honesty that a good team thrives on. If anybody here feels they can't do that, speak up now and I will make good on the promised money so that you can be on your way."

Michael nods,

"Yeah, sure - watching the watchmen is all well & good, but we can actually do stuff as well - we can be proactive. Hell, we need to be proactive. I'm not saying take over the planet or anything, but you must have all had ideas in the past as to how the place could be made better: you know, the old, 'If only someone would just... whatever'. Well folks, we are that 'someone' now. Let's use it before we lose it people."

Having listened to the rest of the conversation Mr Warlock adds,

"Okay - it's obvious that we all have our own personal goals here: like Vic wanting his memories back, & Xander wanting to b!tch-slap the guys who kidnapped him. But lets, just for a moment, imagine that we were going to try to make a better world. What can we all do?" Gesturing towards William the winged man continues, "Like this guy. You seem to think you're a shoe-in for any office you stand for &, after sitting here with you for a bit, I can well believe it. What are you going to do with your political power? Who are you going to help? The way I see it, you have a unique opportunity to gain power without the support of the special interest groups which run the country. The only question is: are you in politics for personal gain, or to make changes for the better?"

Getting into the flow of things Mike goes on,

"This guy could become President & restructure the entire country. Hell, he could help to sort out the problems of the world! A guy who doesn't owe his power to big money backers, & who no politician will disagree with? He could organise a fair redistribution of the world's resources. You do all know that there's plenty in this world for everyone, if only the greedy, rich, few would share, right? This is the man who could make them share the wealth."

On a roll he adds,

"That's just one of us - just one - using his 'gifts' in a responsible, proactive, constructive manner. Think what a whole bunch of us together could achieve? We could wipe out world poverty, save the environment, end torture of political prisoners. The list is endless."

"So let's try to think big for a bit, & think of others before ourselves, okay?"

::soapbox

William smiles and follows Mike's rant, nodding in appropriate places.

"Well, Mike (if you dont mind my calling you that)...You seem to have some lofty goals for us. I would think you had the same for AEon as well? I have to say...I agree with you. Thats why I have wanted to be a politician my entire life. To make a positive change in the country, if not the world. I know that seems vague...but sometimes you have to be in all honesty. You seems to be a very driven, honest and honorable individual...I commend you on that. So...does anyone else want to make a better world?"

"So let's try to think big for a bit, & think of others before ourselves, okay?"

Brandt shakes his head slowly, still trying to absorb what's being said. Finally, he looks around the table, then stares up at the ceiling, thoughtful.

"I'm not really sure what I could do. I mean, I can teach; that's what I do for a living now. And these new powers would sure help me get around, but..."

He sighs. "Lofty goals...no kidding. I wouldn't even know where to begin. The complications are endless."

Letting his head fall slowly down to face the others again, he rolls his shoulders back to ease the tension there.

"I'll admit, I came for the money. Don't know if you've heard, but teacher's pay isn't that grand. And frankly I'm not sure I'll have my job much longer. But now, with all this talk of changing the world...?"

He puts his elbows on the table, leaning forward to peer at Michael. "Man, I get you. And it's easy to say let's all think of others before ourselves, but...it isn't easy at all. I'm no martyr. How many of us new cool superfolk do you think there are, really? Compared to the billions of regular people? The immensity of it is staggering. And who are we to make it our cause to better the world? I'm not sure the rest of the world is positively keen on novas trying to take the reins...actually, I'm damn sure they wouldn't like it at all. I can do a lot of insane things now, and I know the rest of you can too. Aghhh!"

He lets out a heavy exhalation and tries to calm down. "I guess I'm trying to say that yes, I want to make the world a better place. But I'm not sure I'm at all qualified to make decisions for that world.

David looks up from his plate of 'goodies', having listened to the conversations going on so far.

"Hey, I'm all for helping out and making the world a better place, but do you really think we should just change everything to make it fit what we want? I mean, doesn't that defeat the whole premise this country was founded on? I have no doubt that William here could get elected, I know I'd vote for him... but it sounds like you'd rather him be a monarch, and I'm not sure I'm willing to support that.

But yeah, I'm in. Though I'm not so sure exactly how I can help... I haven't really changed much, other than the fact that I haven't yet found anything that can actually hurt me anymore..."

William smiles and nods. "Like I said...I want to make it a better place. Cleaning up crime, pollution...stopping war. All that dosent mean we have to put people in consentration camps. But it does mean that someone will have to be a catylist. Mike is right...*We* can be that catylist! If we can offer our services to the world...especially only having one backer, or no backers if Mr Fox wants no part of this...think of the things we can do."

"I guess I'm trying to say that yes, I want to make the world a better place. But I'm not sure I'm at all qualified to make decisions for that world."

Mike nods,

"Like I said - I'm not advocating taking over the world here, or anything. But let's face it - some changes are real 'no-brainers'. I'm guessing no-one here is in favour of world poverty or children dying of AIDS or anything like that, right? Let's just start with what we can do & what we can agree on."

"Hey, I'm all for helping out and making the world a better place, but do you really think we should just change everything to make it fit what we want? I mean, doesn't that defeat the whole premise this country was founded on? I have no doubt that William here could get elected, I know I'd vote for him... but it sounds like you'd rather him be a monarch, and I'm not sure I'm willing to support that."

"Oh come on - this country was founded on an unwillingness to pay taxes to the bloody King of England. Let's be realistic here. If you're talking about 'truth, justice & the American way', then are you really saying that we'd do a worse job of implementing those ideals than the guys we have in charge now? No-one said anything about 'changing everything to make it fit what we want' - just making things better. I'm not gonna' try to impose a fetish dress-code just 'cos that's the way I dress. The status quo sucks, boys & girls. 'Good men doing nothing' & all that jazz, right?"

Seeing as most seem to agree (in principle at least), Mike continues,

"Okay - I guess that the first thing we need to do is figure out what we are capable of. I'm mostly as you see me - I'm strong enough to lift a car above my head, & I heal really fast when I'm injured (which is a lot these days). Generally I guess you'd say I'm superhumanly healthy. There's also something weird going on with this green fire stuff," Mike holds out his hand - a long whip which appears to be made of green flame manifest from no-where, then vanishes again, "same stuff you see in my eyes. I think I may be made out of the stuff - inside that is - it sometimes leaks a bit when I get shot or stabbed. As some of you know, I can also make 'others' of myself out of the stuff. It's all pretty freaky."

Mike pauses to gather his thoughts, then goes on,

"In any case, being resistent to death, & super-strong, & able to be in more than one place at a time, I've started to clean up my neighborhood as best I can. There's a lot more to be done, but I'm starting at the grass roots level. If I can make it safe for folks to walk the streets at night, then the community can get back to working on all the other problems it has."

The winged man shrugs,

"That's what I'm doing right now. I'm not sure what else I could do - but that's what we can all discuss together, right. I'm sure we'll all have ideas about other people's abilities which they'd not even considered themselves."

Listening with unveiled interest as Mike describes what he can do, Brandt's eyes widen slightly at the green fiery whip before it disappears. When the winged fetish-guy is done, he lets out a deep breath he didn't realize he'd been holding.

"Whew." As the others look at him, he clears his throat and speaks. "Uh, well, I guess you could call me the world's fastest schoolteacher." Suddenly realizing something, he smacks his forehead.

"Ah, sorry everyone. My name is Brandt. Brandt Jefferson. Sorry about not introducing myself earlier, just a bit distracted."

He drums his fingers on the table. "Well, let's see here. I can get from point A to point B pretty much instantly." The finger drumming stops, and now Brandt's leaning against the wall at the other end of the room. ::teleport "Distance doesn't seem to matter much. The world just blurs as I run, and then I'm there. Uh, I can also heal quickly, like Mike over there."

He shrugs. "I haven't really tested to see everything I can do, I'm a bit afraid to find out everything. I did, however, go to our high school track late at night to figure one thing out." He smiles, almost a grin. "I thought to myself that if I can pop back and forth at top speed, how fast could I go without the popping? So I took a few laps around the track to clock myself."

The smile is definitely a grin now. "Anyone want to guess?" ::biggrin

"Ah, sorry everyone. My name is Brandt. Brandt Jefferson. Sorry about not introducing myself earlier, just a bit distracted."

Mike nods,

"Hiya Brandt. Didn't want to presume anything - I'm guessing some of us may want to keep our... um... I wanting to avoid saying 'secret identities' but that's all my brain can come up with right now... private. In case you don't watch the news, I'm Michael Warlock."

"Anyone want to guess?"

::blink

Still a bit stunned by Brandt's display of power ::teleport2 the obviously impressed Mike takes a moment to gather his wits before he replies,

"Er... 'fast'?"

Matt smiles, "Well I'm impressed. Welcome Brandt, and I'll take a guess... faster than the eye can move? Or maybe you just can't be tracked because you end as soon as you begin?"

"I'm Matt, I've met some of you before but I have my act more together now. I stayed with those nutty doctors on that army base after most everone left. I figured I needed help away from everyone."

"They tell me the only thing I can do is control electrons."

"They tell me the only thing I can do is control electrons."

Mike looks momentarily confused ::confused ,

"I thought you were the guy who could do just about anything... Unless... hang on - this is gonna' be one of the science-geek things, right? 'Controlling electrons' means you can mess with atoms or something - right?" ::sly

Matt gives a half grin and says,

"Something like that. According to the Docs everything I do comes back to electrons, but... ok... that isn't very descriptive."

Matt pauses and collects his thoughts, "On a gross level, I can create, control, destroy, or channel electricity. I can also fly or set up electrical imbalances over large areas causing pretty nasty electrical storms. On a finer level, moving charged particles around lets me restructure matter on a molecular or subatomic level."

"Molecular level means making an object changes shape. It's still the same stuff but sorted differently. Subatomic means changing one element into another, lead into gold, that sort of thing. Unfortunately these changes seem to be temporary, something about stuff remembering a default pattern. I don't think they really understood that part." Matt looks a bit chagrined over that.

"The Docs say I can also convert matter into energy and vise versa. There I run into problems depending on how complex it is and how well I know the subject. Since I know my own pattern I can convert myself into energy and reassemble myself a short distance away, or create copies of myself. With a lot of effort I can convert simple stuff into energy, and I can absorb some types of energy to recharge. I know that sounds like a long list but I get tired pretty easily."

William nods thankfully at the explanation.

"Thoes powers seem very useful for everyday use. My powers arent so grand...in that way. I dont really have a all that much in the way of powers...compared to the rest of you. But people do like me. I can control it a little...but not much. Im smarter then I used to be, I know about 20 languages. Really Im still exploring what all I can do, really. Im a natural politician now, to say the least."

"Its a mixed blessing. Its hard to go anywhere without everyone staring, or talking to me...or proposing marrage depending on the person. I cant just be anonamous. I havent gotten the most media coverage...but I havent been like this too long."

((how many turns has it been, btw? ::devilangel ))

"Its a mixed blessing.  Its hard to go anywhere without everyone staring, or talking to me...or proposing marrage depending on the person.  I cant just be anonamous.  I havent gotten the most media coverage...but I havent been like this too long."

Matt nods, "Maybe. But I talk to people more often than you want to disable armored cars or cause electrical storms."

"What were you like before? Electricity used to be a big part of my life and it played an even bigger part in my change. Were you Mr. Personality before you changed?"

William smiles again, almost like he is remembering the good old days...but they werent so good.

"The exact opposite. I was still very intelligent. I spoke 4 languages...was Valedictorian of my college class. But I wasent the people person I wanted to be...needed to be. Me and some friends got together...and we all agreed that I had the best chanse to get into office where we were. Long story short...I have lost 3 local elections, and 1 statewide one. I dropped out of that last local one when this happened, so I count that as a loss. Now Im looking for a new direction. I didnt expect to find one here...but look at us now..."

He smiles as he opens his arms to motion to the room, and everyone starts to get a sense of pride at this...like they had just made a major accomplishment at this...

"It sounds like some of you are in the same boat as me, that is to say that you don't know very much about your powers, either. As for me, I'm like Michael and Brandt, in that I heal a little faster than a normal person... " And with that he Yawns ::dozingoff , whips out a butterfly knife, and slices his arm from elbow to wrist (3 pts Lethal damage), which Heals as quickly as the knife cuts ::shocked , leaving absolutly no trace of the wound ::halo .

"Other than that, I have no idea of what else I can do. So mabey what we need to do first is learn more about our gifts, both each other's and our own.

...Oh, and by the way, no offense, but my name is Victor. I don't know why, but for some reason I don't like the name 'Vic'."

"Er... 'fast'?"

"Well I'm impressed. Welcome Brandt, and I'll take a guess... faster than the eye can move? Or maybe you just can't be tracked because you end as soon as you begin?"

Brandt seems confused, then shakes his head ruefully. "No, sorry, I didn't phrase that very well. You're right, when I concentrate on going to a certain place, I definitely get there faster than someone can see me. But what I was talking about was just, well, running. Not really trying to get somewhere, just running for the sake of it. Anyways, I timed myself around the track, and after the calculations it's somewhere around two-hundred thirty to two-hundred forty miles an hour." ::smile

Listening, and nodding thoughtfully as the others discuss their own abilities, he's still shocked when Victor slices his arm open. "Holy cra...", he manages to blurt, just as he watches the wound seal itself. He blinks, slowly. "Okay, I thought it was freaky when it happened to me, but that was waaaay worse. Please, don't do that again. I'm sure you're fine, but my stomach isn't that stable anymore." ::shocked

"...I heal a little faster than a normal person... "  And with that he Yawns ::dozingoff , whips out a butterfly knife, and slices his arm from elbow to wrist (3 pts Lethal damage), which Heals as quickly as the knife cuts...

::shocked "Ick." ::shocked

Matt swallows and says, "Now that's a trick I haven't seen... at least not up close."

"... I know that sounds like a long list but I get tired pretty easily."

Mike grins & gestures towards Matt,

"So - like I said - the guy who can do anything!" ::biggrin

Looking slightly more thoughtful he adds,

"Although - now that you mention it - using my new talents sometimes fatigues me as well: mostly when I... er... 'manifest' I guess would be the word... several 'others' & take the time to 'tune' our thoughts together. I've discovered that I don't have to do that - my 'others' & I can exist without sharing thoughts - & that's not as tiring. Of course, it's also not as much fun..." ::devil

"... I'm a natural politician now, to say the least."

"I wonder which of us has been changed into the Devil?" ::devil ::laugh

"Truly a group of diverse talents."

Mike casts a sly smile in the good doctor's direction,

"Hey Doc - if you'd like a hands-on examination of one of us, I'm sure I could accomodate your desires..." With that comment a plume of heatless green flame erupts next to the batwinged man, quickly fading away to reveal an exact copy of Mike standing next to himself. The second Michael steps over to Mandy - his movements somehow remeniscent of some predatory jungle cat on the prowl - & places a hand on her shoulder as he says, "If you wish it, doctor, I'm all yours." ::sly

"Okay, I thought it was freaky when it happened to me, but that was waaaay worse. Please, don't do that again. I'm sure you're fine, but my stomach isn't that stable anymore."
"Ick."

The Mikes barely spare a glance for Vic(tor)'s demonstration - he's seen far less resilliant people do far worse to themselves for pleasure or the challenge of the thing. Maybe he's a little jaded? ::devil

Mandy actually looks highly intrigued as Victor slices the skin of his arm open and watches closely as it heals. "Do you have any idea how amazing it would be to be able to push medicine into the next century if we knew how you advance the healing process so quickly? No more casualties to post-op or while in route to the hospital. Treatment could begin at the site of the accident! Just imagine the sheer amount of energy you must be using."

Mandy's mind seems caught up in all the sheer possibilities though as Mike addresses her she looks dumbfounded and down right surprised as the second clone touches her. Blushing for a second she seems to be trying to figure out the 'best' way to respond.

"While I'm supremely honored by the offer, Mike 2, I know what I consider a hands on examination is light years away from yours and I don't believe I'm woman enough for what you have in mind. We are 'collegues' now. Professionalism in the work place and all that." ::blush

Smiling in a friendly manner, she turns just slightly away. "Besides, Mike, I don't poach... ever." ::halo Casually, stepping away she makes to cross the room and grab some goodies, carefully standing near Fox as she eats to keep her distance.

"Besides...we have dinner later. Dont we, Dr. Hughes? I would hate to miss that Vietnamese place...I have never had Pho before after all."

He smiles at her wholesomly and friendily (if thats a word), and seems to brighten the room for a few seconds with his mirth. Mandy's heart (im sure) flutters for a second and the renewed attension of the mega-social nova (her first).

William nods. "Thats a good idea. It'll give us all a chanse to get to know each other better in a less formal setting. I cant wait to try it...Im always hungry now. I think it may be a drawback to my powers. I used to eat very sparcly, so I figure it has to be this...uhhh...gift."

He looks around as his hair seems to fall from being in place, to being in place. Mandy cant help but start to feel a certian affection for him (as does anyone who swings that way). The feeling of friendship reaches a high in the room, as does a feeling of calm. Everything seems to be right about this, and all the more right with William there. There is a strong feeling of friendship with him.

"I'm Victor Orpheus, at least that's what the toe tag said. And as for being changed, that's kinda hard to tell. See, as far as I know, I'm only 27 days, 13 hours and" looking at his watch "37 min. old."

Leaning forward as he listens, Xander rests his chin on his thumbs withs his fingers intertwined.

Am I right?

Xander gives a quick nod to solidify Victor's guess, not wanting to interfere with the quick paced conversation that has developed with the group. He quietly observes the group and looks quite shocked with Victor's bloody demonstration. When the discussion wanes away from the group and towards food, the host gets up.

"Before we get off to having dinner in some side street resturant, perhaps you'd all rather I just phone the kitchen and have them deliver us some food. As we haven't finished the meeting, I don't believe we would want the media attention that the venture would give us. At least not yet," Xander says looking around the room for any sign of disagreement, then rises to pick up a phone long enough to dial a number and hang up.

"Since everyone else has shared, I'll take my turn sharing what I can do since my plane broke up in midair. The main thing I've discovered is an ability to manipulate thermal energy on a finite scale. The "Aeon Incident" was me giving it my all at the direction of one of Aeon's finest chick.. er.. scientists. I can direct the power to be as wide as the building or focus it solely on my hands. If I use it properly, I can even create enough wind to let me ride a wave of air... almost like I was flying."

Xander continues on speaking, "My fair wife, who will joining us once she completes her own current projects, has the ability to manipulate and create fire with her hands. Beyond that she's alot better at telling when someone lies to her these days, which I can personally say comes in handy dealing with car salesmen. Lastly, she seems to have the ability to steal someone elses power completely and use it as if it was her own for awhile."

"So I think everyone is amiable towards the forming of a group, of one sort or another, so long as we provide some sort of betterment for society. I agree with Michael that we need to do something good, but as I stated my original goal is to make sure that Aeon is kept under someone's watchful eye. But I already have something that I'd like to propose for our first case, investigation, or whatever you want to call it. The disappearance of Martha Cross..."

((Martha is missing ::blink ?!? What about her little fan club? And Cid? ::crazy ))

William almost frowns, but manages to keep his composure.

"Martha Cross? That name sounds familiar. Are you sure she hasent just 'dipped under your radar' or wanted to get away from it all for a while?"

William almost frowns, but manages to keep his composure.

"Martha Cross?  That name sounds familiar.  Are you sure she hasent just 'dipped under your radar' or wanted to get away from it all for a while?"

Matt says,

"Martha drove a beat up pickup and looked like [description of Martha]. She seemed like a nice gal (I won't call her a lady), I hope nothing has happened to her." ::unsure

Archived