CHAMBO99

i hope i got the right forum as i don't want anyone wiping my comments off for not being on the right forum, oh wait a minute this is a free for all website and the guy who runs this is so nice ( so i have been told by mal ) i never seen it he makes me kill other players so they hate me (more) ANYWAY  trinity is brilliant and i love the game (aberant need more info but like the game)

might help if i brought the rule book!

As far as I was aware the sections supposed to be about polls on trinity subjects, so in a vain and futile effort to bring the thread back into line...

The question is: Does the Aeon Trinity have a few bad apples that discolour an otherwise clear pond or is it the genuine good guys who are in the minority?

(I Know its not an actual poll as such but I felt the question begs more than just a one word answer)

My take on the Aeon Trinity (which has evolved over time, especially since the release of Adventure!) in the Trinity era is as follows:

1) The organisation is there for the common good of mankind

2) There are certainoly some people who abuse their power in the Aeon Trinity

3) Some of the people don't abuse their power, but are missing the whole point

4) The organisation really needs Max Mercer to reappear and bring them back into line.....

I tend to portay Aeon Trinity staffers as friendly, usually under pressure, mostly trying to do their jobs, and aware that people are not perfect.

I've not played Aeon as out and out bad....  although the scene in the Chicago HQ in the Darkness Revealed books did kind of cast a shadow over Aeon that in 'that' campaign I think they may not quite be able to recover from with ease.

In summary - the body of the person is still up and about, but the head is missing and the heart is a couple of inches to the left!  :)

• 2 months later...

Aeon is a group of people running into the simple problem that has plagued humanity since it first learned how to walk.

All the people can not be altruistic all the time.

Many of the group are trying to do what is best but it is like trying to carve a perfect sphere out of playdoh in the dark using waldo gloves. It isn't easy but at least they try.

Oh and ask Chris, I can't stay on topic to save my life.

No Sheep

Many of the group are trying to do what is best but it is like trying to carve a perfect sphere out of playdoh in the dark using waldo gloves. It isn't easy but at least they try.

I think thats the finest analogy I've heard.

Interesting point I found the other day though. In the Adventure story 'Under the moon' Max Mercer states

"People dying in ones or twos in order to save hundreds and thousands, I can cope with"

Something tells me Max himself would have somehow approved of Aeons shadier side.

I think thats the finest analogy I've heard.

Something tells me Max himself would have somehow approved of Aeons shadier side.

That IS a fantastic quote.

I certainly think that Mercer did.  Aeon has its smiley public image; but Joe Public and Joe Hologram do not know about the deeper roots.  The deeper roots have power and they are aware of it.  That is what make them so dangerous.  They are almost like the Illuminati.

The good of the many over the good of the few.

• 2 months later...

heh, illuminati, how silly, its not like they have a hidden military base under the great lakes or anything, geez man ;)

i think they're kinda like, a friendlier illuminati, or at least a less zealous one, the ideal is right its just some of the executions (heh, accidental pun there, executions) are a bit off.

jake

• 1 month later...

Archived