Heritage

So I just pre-registered for GenCon US, and on a whim I decided to submit an event for Adventure!

I have no story and only a vague idea of what I want to do....I think. Nevertheless, I'm confidant I'll figure something out by August. Anyone planning to go this year? We'll have fun, I'm sure of it.

US is a bit out of reach for me this year.....

BUT I can send you over a nicely printed 'Adventure' sign....  complete with the EON logo and web address on it as well of course......... :)

Ahem.

Oh, you are a glutton for punishment aren't you Heritage?

;)

admin - By all means, send the big sign! I'll promote the hell out of EON!

Glutton for punishment? Me? The fact is I've always done my best creative work when my back is against the wall, so i like setting myself up like this.

I called the adventure 'Blood and Fog', which was literally the first thing that popped in my head. I picked Scotland for the  setting because I have a Muirhead's guide to Scotland from like 1927, so a lot of my background is covered. And I have the floorplans to some big ol' houses, so i'm going to do and 'old dark house' story, which I always love. I'm going to tweak the four guests speakers from my online game into pre-gen PCs, so I just need to create two more.

I also threw in a line in the event description like "And why are the walls moving', probably inspired by the adventure of Chill Solo and the Wookie  ;), so I guess there'll be some sort of traps.

I wrote my original stuff for GenCon, last year, about 2 weeks before and did the characters before each session.  I ran 2 sessions each of a 3 part Deadlands story.  

Plus ran an adventure for PEG in D20 that I got just a few weeks before.  Oh and I didn't even get to hold the Deadlands D20 book until 5 mintues before my first game.  I love pressure!

I'll be at GenCon.  But sadly only for a day this year.

Doing a local Con & am going to be running a Aberrant Event, www.runecon.com !! Three days of gaming ,drinking, & the Watoos( a four man karoke goup). I'll be running Mummy, KOE, Aberrant, & a Vampire/Cyberpunk 2020 combo game :wavesmiley . Please if you want me to promote this site tell me.  :dreamsmiley

Character expectaion reversal is always nice to see in a movie or stroy.  A good example would be the plot line the the movie Pitch Black where Ridic the serial killer ends up being the one who get the other's (well most... urr that's not right eaither Some) of the survivors off the planet safely.  

I'm going to tell you about a dream that I had that might be useful if you want to do a spooky castel type of game althought in my dream it was a corprate setting.  Like many others of my generation I sometimes dream in the format of a tv show or movie sometimes full imersion other times as if it was on a screen (once i even dreamed the credits).  It was ike an episode of outer limits.  The central character was Eugene the goblinoid, who was hired as a janitor in a high power company by one of the VP's.  (He was human sized as if my barin was being cheap with the special effects budjet)Through out the Show/dream eviserated bodies are showing up each time a specific body part is eaten.  Eugene is getting the scared, nobody in the company trusts him and some thinks he's got something to do with it.  The Bodies look partialy eaten and the rumor is that the teath marks are that of a Goblin. There's some outright violence attempted by some of the workers to kill Eugene because they are so scared of him.  There are even some scene that insinuate that Eugene may be doing it and not be aware of it. The only person there at the company that still likes Eugene is the VP who hired him, infact every body loves that particular VP who everybody says will be the president of the company on day. ( forgot the name of the VP because I didn't write the dream down when i first woke up)  There is one scene where two tech support guys corner Eugene in the men's room and the VP saves him. The climax of the show is when a mob of office workers are chaseing Eugene.  You see Eugene runing ducking though corners the whole time the crowd is at his back. When Eugene turns a corner he is grabed and pulled into a closet.  A hand holds his mouth shut tight as the sound of the crowd runs down the hall.  the mysterious stranger releases Eugene and it turns out to be the VP. Eugene says "Wow thanks for savin me hide...   Why you dressed so funny?"  The last scene the VP who's in sorcer's robes opens his mouth imposably wide revealing a second row of vicious looking teath and his hands elonggate to claws.  As he's munching on Eugene's genitals (Ok ok I know a shrink would have a field day analizing that) the camera pans over to a spell book whos page is opened to a spell thathas a diagram of a man changing to a monster and the oposite page a list of the body parts that have to be eaten in the monster forms that matched the list of victums perfectly enevn down to the last one "Goblin's genitals"

Hey maybe that will give you some ideas

Archived