Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Monster Academy - Chapter 1: First day

Justin OOC

The first bell had rung telling students to report to class. Darrik heard it and looked at the pile of lesser monsters who'd thought to torment the warlock. They'd been properly educated easily enough.

Across the school Delilah was surrounded by a coterie of her followers, mostly men. None seemed inclined to heed the bell. Ms. Sanzenin, the school nurse came by and smiled. "You should all get going, no one wants to be late on the first day."

Aria was in the Library,reading, and the Librarian came and smiled. "IT's time for you to go to class Aria, I'll take care of the books for you, you show them far more respect than the others, it's the least I can do."

All around the school people were going about, heading to class for the first day of the new Semester. Each of them had to head to Miss Ichimonji's class, as they'd start in their homeroom each day.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darrik looked over the pile of his would-be bullies, who at this moment, had a very good idea of why the war a millennium ago was not a cakewalk for the Monsters. One fairy, two werewolves, a troll, and three vampires. The fairy, being apparently not of strong constitution, was lying dazed in the dirt with a tittering Flicker sitting on top of her.

When the posse had approached, with calls of derogatory terms and a look in their eyes that made clear they were going to not let him pass unmolested, he, with Flicker on his shoulder, smirked and then nodded to his servant.

The imp had bounded in one fluid motion onto the fairy, who, not expecting this move, lost her balance and fell hard, which was the point of Flicker's maneuver.

Meanwhile, Darrik had focused his power, and with a gesture, dozens of lines of shadow energy trailed out from the building's shadow, and promptly trussed up the remaining lot. They were enclosed in what reminded him of a mesh grocery bag from the human world, except the lines were black and magic-infused.

"Manners." He told them firmly, smirking at how shocked they were that he'd turned the tables so fast. Finally, even the troll had given up breaking free as a lost effort.

"Particularly when we're supposed to be getting to class. Good luck with that."

He turned and then regarded Flicker. "You'd better get back to my room." The imp opened his mouth to complain, but decided not to push it, scampering away.

Darrik gave a final wave to the bunch, and left for homeroom. The six caught inside would be stuck until the spell dissipated, which he ensured would not happen for an entire hour. At least. Which was only proper, Darrik felt.

Primly Aria rose to her feet, hands automatically tugging her skirt's hem modestly down. A faint smile tugged at the corners of her mouth as she nodded at the librarian, then turned and made her way at an unhurried pace out into the hall. She'd walked the route before, and knew how long it would take to get there.

What she hadn't counted entirely on were the other students. They milled in the hallway in a bewildering array of shapes, sizes and colors. Some stuck to human form as per directives...just as many assumed partial forms or even outright monstrous ones. The instant a teacher came through, Aria thought disdainfully, this hall would be transformed into a model of compliance, indistinguishable from a high school hall in the human world.

She moved into the crowd, weaving and swaying with unnatural skill and precision so as to avoid bumping into anyone, despite the close press of the students. As tempting as it was to think about just jumping up and using the ceiling to get to class, Aria refused to bend. If she stooped to using powers just because of a crowd, what did that say about her?

A commotion ahead got her attention almost too late though. She felt the earth tremble slightly, and sensed a terrific disturbance in air pressure heading her way. The students ahead of her were too big to see through, so she leapt straight up...just as those kids were knocked aside like bowling pins, and a giant minotaur crashed through to strike the wall behind where Aria had been with a full on charge. It yanked its horns out of the concrete blocks and roared...not so much at Aria as just putting on a show. There were answering roars from all around, then someone shouted, "Teacher's coming!"

Aria dropped from the ceiling into a hallway full of amiably chatting young human children, who looked around as a teacher burst into the hall and looked around, eyes wide and angry.

"What's all that commotion?" he snapped.

There was a pause, and a lot of innocent looks. The teacher jabbed his finger around at everyone. "Yeah, you just keep it up. The walls have eyes AND ears in this school. You're not as smart as you think!"

Then he was gone, hurrying back out.

Aria picked her way through the short distance left, and just as she opened the door to her first class, the second bell rang.

Technically, she was late, though she'd managed to make it in the classroom on time. Cheeks flaming, she stalked in and took one of the last couple of seats, cursing minotaurs under her breath.

What a way to start the first day at Monster Academy.

"Sure thing, Ms. Sanzenin," Delilah said airily, a finger twining in one of her burgundy pigtails as she giggled at the antics of the boys cavorting around her. She uncrossed her legs, short, plaid skirt sliding higher, then stood up with enticing grace, arching her back in a big stretch that stressed her button-down shirt to its utter limits. Her coterie of admirers froze, stunned by the simple - and somehow erotic - display by the sinfully curvaceous sophomore.

The lust and desire flowing from her admirers made Delilah's skin tingle, though it was a pity that there were only two girls in the circle of students around her. Girls had a different taste, one she liked, but rarely got to experience. They usually tasted prickly with envy, which was occasionally a tangy spice, but it left a cloying aftertaste.

Cutting through the circle of drooling students, Delilah moved with an effortlessly sensual grace, swaying hips brushing sides, bestowing teasing touches with her razor sharp nails. She was out of sight for a full five minutes before the other students realized they had to get to class too, and for the boys walking at the moment was... awkward.

Ms. Sanzenin smiled ruefully, shaking her head in resignation as she continued on her way. Ms. Delilah Synn was so ravishingly gorgeous and exuded such a level of raw sensuality it should have been obscene, coming from fifteen year old girl, yet she possessed a vibrant exuberance that rendered it rather endearing. If no less distracting and arousing.

And it seemed the precocious teen was striving for the record on clothing violations. Only here two days, she had been sent back to her dorm to change four times already. Once today, and class hadn't even started yet.

Though the Academy didn't have a uniform per se, Delilah was dressed in a facsimile of the typical school girl outfit: knee socks (sheer), mary janes (with remarkable high heels), plaid skirt (not quite short enough to be called on), and white button down shirt with the tops buttons undone to show a modest amount of cleavage - modest for her. The small fraction of bust she revealed was more than what most women could, fully naked. Her outfit valiantly struggled on the edge of the decency codes and in no way could be construed as innocent. Though to be fair, Ms. Sanzenin figured with the way Delilah was built, anything she wore would be in a losing battle with the school's clothing codes.

Delilah clacked her way down the halls, preceded by her abundant feminine attributes, which made no concessions to physics, looking for her homeroom. With a flourish, she pulled her class schedule from the depths of her cleavage, looking up the room number again. This school was a lot bigger than the ones she attended in the Human World.

Deciding she needed directions, she asked the next person she came to. Her eyes flashed red when she saw who it was. Jezabelle. Half a foot taller than her, though she hadn't had boobs that small since she was twelve, she was a senior and very pretty. She had seen everything when they changed to Cheerleader practice yesterday. When Delilah had told her so, and exactly how she wanted to show her affection, Jezabelle had been rather offended.

She was a senior, the next captain of the Cheerleading Team and this too pretty, way too busty sophomore had the effrontery to think that she would do anything with her? Despite how intoxicatingly gorgeous she was? As if!

Jezabelle had been even more galled to find herself having to share the captaincy of the Cheerleaders with the overstuffed piece of fluff. Despite trying to show her up, Delilah's high spirited and tantalizing athleticism could in no way be denied. She felt not the slightest shame in sending her in the completely wrong way with a malice filled smile and a slap on the ass. Damn girl does have an amazing ass. An ass like that should be illegal.

Delilah was on the other side of the school, still looking for her Homeroom when the second bell rang. A passing janitor took pity on the girl - and a long peek at her chest - giving her proper directions. Delilah thanked him with a long-tongued kiss than dashed off for her Homeroom.

Just over a minute after the second bell, Delilah burst through the door of Ms. Ichimonji's classroom, crying, "I'm not late! I'm not late!" with a great deal of enthusiasm and little accounting to reality.

Most of the students seemed inclined to agree, eyes rising and falling with the heaving masses under her straining shirt. With a soft little ping, a button burst free, sailed through the air, and skittered across Ms. Ichimonji's desk.

"But I wanna stay here, with you pappa!" The young blue haired girl pleaded in a high pitched voice.

The behemoth of the man she spoke to gently rested his hand on her shoulder. "I know, sweetie, I know. I promised your mother more for you, and this is the best option. You will be safe and cared for."

"B-but... what about you and Rei, and Pek and Nekki?" Tears swelled in her eyes as she stood at the threshold of the massive 'Monster Academy'. "Where will you go?"

Sternly he looked down at her and knelt, his own eyes showing signs of moisture. "We go to war."

With a shove off he leapt backwards and four massive paws collided with the earth, his transformation into his battle form was so swift Meru didn't even notice it. She chased him down for as many strides as she could manage but he was nothing but pure speed and was over the horizon of her vision in a matter of of moments.

She stood out there all day, watching the horizon in hopes that her father would return.

He didn't.

The bell rang and Meru's attention snapped back into reality. "Huh?" She asked herself as she shook her head and looked about, trying to find her bearings. "Oh no! I'm going to be late! Oh! Not meow, not on my first day!" Like a blue blur she dashed off to her home room.

"S'cuse me!" She yelled, leaping up over the people in the halls, bouncing from floor to wall, to floor again. "Pardon me! Look lively, Meru comin' through people!" Stairs? She'd never seen stairs until she came here but saw them as mostly useless things: why climb step by step by step when three successive leaps from floor to wall to the next level banister was so much more efficient... but... were those raspberry tarts she smelled rising up over the gathered scents of her peers attempts at popularity and shamelessly trying to fit in?!?! Yes! Yes those were raspberry tarts!

There were the moments that could make or break a hunter. Get to class on time, or raspberry tarts? Her father warned her there'd be difficult decisions in her life, but he never said they'd come so soon. No! I'm a responsible adult meow! I will not be swayed by the sweet... tangy... crispy... crunchy... flaky... crust... or the ooey... gooey... raspberryness...

((Four minutes after class has begun...))

Slowly Meru walked into the room, the door echoing as every eye was upon her. Her face covered in a sticky, red, pasty substance. Planning the theft of foodsuffs from a lunch bag was apparently more time consuming than she thought...

"Uhh... sorry I'm late..." She mumbled, keeping her head down. She was dressed simply in patchwork leathers that permitted incredible freedom of movement. "I, uhh... got lost and uhh..." She perked up, trying to deflect any questioning, unaware that she was wearing evidence. "But! I'm here meow, where ya want me!"

"Just take one of the empty seats in the middle." Sitting in the corner of class was a student none of the others recognized.

Miss Ichimonji smiled to him and he stood. After Meru took her seat. "We have a new transfer student today, his name is Kyohei Sokatsu. Please welcome him warmly."

Kyohei bowed and then sat down. They had just begun the first lesson when the intercom buzzed. "Miss Ichimonji, please report to the headmaster's office."

She sighed and nodded. "Right then. Everyone read the first twenty pages and we'll pick up when I return. I'll have Dr. Kisaragi check in on you." This illicited a slightly fearful response from many in the class, Dr. Kisaragi had that sort of reputation. Things tended to explode around her, not always by accident.

She left and for about two minutes, the class read, then three of the bullies in the class decided it was time to welcome the new guy.

"So Kyohei is it? Just what can you do that merits a special introduction by Miss Ichimonji?"

Classmates leaned over to both Aria and Meru. "Looks like the new guy's gonna get broken in despite the threat of Kisaragi-dono. I hope he lives, he's really cute."

Delilah's admirers glowered at the new arrival, he was an attractive man and sure to lure her attentions from them.

He looked up over his book and shook his head. "Nothing more or less than anyone else here at the school. I'm just a normal student here. That was virtually the same introduction that would have been made anywhere else."

Darrik inwardly groaned at the interruption. Considering the previous attempt of bullying on him, he did not puerile nonsense interfering in any way. "That, and if Ms. Kisaragi comes in, you will be stuck tormenting the stalls while you clean them. So use your brains, I know you have some, I hope?" He said without looking up.

Those words probably would draw him in, but he was on page 4 already, and he could afford a moment to make them shut up if need be.

Aria glanced up from the book and over at the new kid. He was cute. She scowled, as if that attractiveness was a personal affront to her. It wasn't fair though. No guy would ever want to go out with her unless he was an idiot who knew nothing, or unless she lied to him...and doing that was as good as condemning him to death, eventually.

"He'll be fine," she replied coldly, looking back down at the book. She wasn't as sure as she sounded that he'd be all right, but she wanted to pay as little attention to him as possible. It was safer that way. For everyone.

"I'm sure anyone at this school can take care of themselves."

Darrik didn't even look up from his book, as three thin shafts of shadow burst from the darkened corner covered by the door. Each of the surprised bullies were struck by one each, and they felt an intense freezing cold spread throughout their bodies, paralyzing them.

Click to reveal..

All are being targeted by:

Weapon 0, Drain 3 Body, Unique Restriction: Lasts for a minute, after which the targets return to normal.

Roll: 9 + 10 = 19

None of them escaped the attack, but it wasn't enough to stop them, it just sucked some vitality from all of them.

"You bastard!" One of them picked up an empty desk and hurled it at Darik.

Click to reveal..
Dodge (DC15) Desk will do 30 damage if it hits

Darrik ducked his head and it sailed over his head. A giant fist of shadow suddenly grew out of the corner. But instead of striking the bullies, it started knocking on the classroom door very loudly several times. Finally, it faded away to nothingness. Darrik still had given barely any sign his attention was away from his book.

Click to reveal..

Defense 11+10 = 21 Pass

Using another spell: conjuring a Weapon 0 to knock on the door loudly.

Power Flux Status:

Weapon 0 [0], Weapon 0 (Targets 5, Drain 3, Unique Res -1) [4], SuperSense (Detect Shadows) 8 [16], Environmental Influence 8 (Darkness) [16]

"Nice try." The biggest of the three and the one that had turned to Darrik snarled. Just then the door opened. Dr. Kisaragi was standing there. "Unless you want to be my next subject in class, I suggest you quiet down Bron."

The big thug nodded reluctantly and took his seat, his glare communicated it wasn't over, but that his comrades should do the same. "Very good." She turned to leave. "Darrik, try to be a little more subtle. That's why you're having a hard time here."

She noticed Kyohei, and her eyes narrowed. "Interesting." Then she was gone.

Yes, he is, Delilah silently agreed, her fiery, purple eyes resting on the new student, full lips curved in an intriguing smile.

The teenaged succubus had been staring avidly at the adorably cute Meru, licking her lips, wanting nothing more than lick the raspberry from the little, blue-haired girl's face - her legion of admirers suddenly wishing they had had the foresight of smearing various substances around their mouths - when the new student was presented to the class, which promptly redirected her attention. Mostly.

Delilah barely noticed the horseplay going on between the 'welcoming committee' and Darrik, focused more on Kyohei and studying the other girls, who suddenly began some heavy-duty preening. She snorted. She preferred the direct method. When Dr. Kisaragi left, Delilah stood up and strutted for Kyohei's desk, hands clasped behind her back making her overly prominent attributes even more overly prominent.

Her admirers clustered around her desk gave a collective groan, knowing that their number was going to grow by one.

Passing by Meru and Aria, Delilah paused, running a finger down the side of Meru's mouth, giving her a wink as she slipped the raspberry-painted digit between her luscious lips and sucked it clean with an emphasized moan. Then she leaned over Aria and gave her room-mate a hug. "But its so much more fun if I take care of him," she whispered in her ear.

Delilah continued on her way to her prey with a predatory sasshay, leaning over his desk and inhaling, to her over-stressed shirt's utter dismay. "Hi!" she said, somehow sounding both vivacious and languidly sultry at the same time.

Looking up from his book, Kyohei was presented with the most spectacular natural features at the Academy, majestic mountains of feminine beauty, that looked in real danger of losing what little modesty Delilah's shirt struggled mightily to retain. Somewhere above that captivating landscape, the friendly yet seductive voice continued speaking.

"I'm Delilah. They're Delilahs too. I'd love to show you the sights - all of them - after class."

Click to reveal.. (Huminah-huminah-huminah)

Kyohei had just finished the seventh page of the reading assignment before his view of his book was obscured from view. He found his face a handful of inches from a bust that couldn't possibly be fifteen. He looked up and over, and found the beautiful face and eyes beyond them. She saw him breathe slightly deeper before he spoke in a calm casual voice. "Good morning Deliah, it's nice to meet you."

He smiled, nodding. "I wouldn't mind a little tour of the campus at all. It'd be nice to get the lay of the land." The tone of his voice was anything but innocent, and conveyed a sense of promise.

Delilah shivered, inhaling slowly, shirt keeping a tenuous grasp on the next button. She tasted the lustful attraction and intrigue flowing from the new boy, but it was flavoured with a tang of iron control she had never encountered before - certainly never from a male student. She wanted more.

She smiled broadly and leaned forward even more, holding herself on the edge of his desk and giving anyone behind her a good look up her skirt (a careful glance would show that she was, indeed, wearing underwear. This time. Barely).

"Then I'll make sure you get first hand experience of the contours of the... campus, all the nooks and crannies." Her voice did manage to sound innocent. It also managed to sound incredibly naughty at the same time. Some of the other burgeoning temptresses in the class glared at her, envying her that ability. "Until later then. We still have some reading to do."

She giggled and rolled her feet, that improbably bust inadvertently (yeah, right wink ) grazing his arm. Then strutted back to her desk, an extra swing to her hips. "You girls are free to join us, if you want. The more the merrier. You know I won't mind," she offered to Meru and Aria as she passed them.

She flounced down in her seat, then simply stared at the book. She looked up, gave Kyohei a grin, flashing a bit of cute, slightly elongated canine, grinned at her other admirers, then opened her book, starting at page ten. Darrick would be willing to help her later. He always was.

Kyohei smiled, not acknowledging that particular contact, but storing it away. "I look forward to it." This would certainly be a fun day.

He returned to his reading and finished inside a few minutes.

The guys in the class were dumbstruck most hung on her every word. Here was a guy who seemed to almost be able to resist her. What's more, she seemed genuinely interested in him, which basically made him their enemy.

Her shimmering, feline eyes darted back and forth between the 'welcoming committee' and the wizard guy. Magic? Woooooow. she said to herself, awestruck at the magnificent power the Warlock commanded. Soooooo cool. I wonder what magic tastes like...

Suddenly the beautiful woman was talking to/at her and she found herself unable to think of a good reason why she'd be showing Meru any kind of attention at all. "Uhh...," she said bashfully, cheeks reddening as she attempted to make eye contact.

"I uhh... don't um... read very well..." she admitted, embarrassed. Her people were tribal by nature, and had their own language. While she'd learned the basic means to communicate with others (which was mandatory among her people) she'd never really been very good at reading the script she spoke so fluently.

Meru didn't think she heard her. By the time the poor nekojin girl had managed to stumble out the words Busty McBoomboom was already back to flirting with her admirers. She's so pretty. I see why they like her so much... glancing down at her own 'assets' (or lack thereof) she was momentarily jealous until she wondered how she would hunt effectively with utters as large as Delilahs'.

Quietly she sort of just sank back into her chair. This place was wrong. The scents, the sounds, the people. She missed the Savannah of her people and longed for the open sky and miles of open terrain across the Gazun Height Plains.

"Gweh," Aria grunted as Delilah gave her the surprise hug. She bore the unwanted contact awkwardly, and shook herself slightly afterward, like a dog shivering off water.

It wasn't that she was immune to the succubus' charms...quite the opposite. It was that she had worked very hard to condition herself to view sex and anything related to it as unpleasant. At least until her particular condition was cured.

How exactly she'd gotten Delilah as a roommate was therefore a cosmically cruel joke that she was still searching for a scapegoat for.

Thankfully, she observed that her biggest two problems in that area looked very much as if they'd shortly cancel each other out.

With some satisfaction, she returned to her reading.

Darrik had given visual acknowledgement of his attention, but after Ms. Kisaragi left, he quietly snorted to himself and focused intently on his reading, finishing quickly. Lack of subtlety. Is there anything less subtle than prejudice undimmed by a thousand year's time? Hardly.

Putting up with all these absurdities was common fare for him in this school.

A thought did occur to him. It was the beginning of Neyan, the Week of Sacrifice and Self-Control. Obviously for this customary holiday, a Warlock needed to make an tangible and effective sacrifice of some kind and stick to it for a week.

It was rather clear his regular tutoring sessions with Delilah would have to be put on hold. That consideration triggered a memory of Darrik's face buried deeply in Delilah's titanic breasts, hands fondling her ass.

He shoved that away roughly. It was Neyan, and even at school, as the son of a High Councilor, he had the duty to uphold the traditions of his people. Delilah would just have to find someone else to exchange the homework answers for making out and petting. Considering her body of admirers, that was not a problem at all.

Suddenly, his magical senses looking at the shadows pulsed. Was there something in the corner shadows? He waited a moment, and then passed it off as a mental misperception.

He was proven wrong when something pressed against his leg and began climbing up to rest on his shoulder. He didn't have to look to know it was Flicker. In fact, on the few occasions Flicker did creep in to class, it was always invisible.

"I'm boored." Flicker complained, with a quiet whining tone.

Darrik sighed quietly. This was annoying, to say the least. Fortunately... this might be of some use.

He scribbled a short message to Delilah, explaining that Neyan was starting and he would have to cut off sessions for this week.

"Now," he extremely quietly whispered, "when class is over, take this to Delilah, then go back to my room and stay there."

"Fine." Flicker gave in. At least he could stay here and watch the students.

Miss Ichimonji returned about ten minutes later and led the class through the remainder of of their grammar lesson, and then began the history lesson. After two hours the bell rang and the classes Changed.

Everyone began to leave, with some of the class headed to Miss Dr Kisaragi, while others were headed to Ms. Ruino's math class, six headed for physical education.

Kyohei for his part, headed for Dr. Kisaragi's science class. She met him at the door and nodded. "Welcome to my classroom, I hope you came ready to learn, Mr. Sokatsu." He nodded and took a seat to the side by the window.

(OOC you guys can decide where you go.)

Kyohei hadn't taken more than a step out of Homeroom when he found Delilah's astonishingly curvaceous form pressed to his side, linking an arm through his. She flicked loose strands of red-purple hair from her face and smiled up at him, urging him down the hall.

"I have Dr. Kisaragi too, Kyohei. I'll show you the way," she offered exuberantly. The controlled desire rolling off Kyohei and the rampant lust and envy coming from the besotted legions behind her staring at the object of their desire and their new rival made her skin flush with heightened excitement.

Reaching science class, Dr. Kisaragi turned from politely greeting Kyohei to frown at the voluptuous girl on his arm, one of her poorer students, if highly spirited.

"Ms. Synn, whereas you do attend my class, you do not have me this period. Please head to your appropriate class right away or you'll be late. Again."

"Can I just attend this-"

"No. Now, go." Delilah's pout nearly made Dr. Kisaragi relent - true, she struggled with the formulas, but the young woman was almost always willing to step up as a test subject. But her pout disappeared in another impish grin as she hugged Kyohei, her ardent - and surprisingly strong - embrace nearly making him forget to breath.

"I will, I will! I'll catch up with you at lunch, 'kay Kyo? No worries, I won't be hard to find." She released her embrace, winked, then ran for the gymnasium. Her dramatic perambulations were the cause of thirty-seven tardies, two fainting students, and one professor forgetting what class he was supposed to be teaching.

Delilah was almost at the gymnasium when she had to turn around and go back to her dorm room to grab her gym clothes. She burst into the girls locker-room, most of her fellow students already in the midst of changing. She was in no way subtle about admiring their figures as she immediately began to strip. Her nose twitched at the spike of jealousy and embarrassment permeating the air, but there was no rule against looking. She didn't mind if others looked, after all.

She slipped into her cheerleader's outfit. Though it was the same as all the other cheerleading outfits, somehow, the short-shorts looked even shorter on her, the tight sweater even tighter, the V-neck even deeper.

"Ready? Okay!" the co-captain of the cheerleading team cheered. "You girls ready to get physical? Whoo!"

Delilah clapped her hands and jumped in the air, then flipped and cartwheeled out of the locker-room and onto the field. The other girls glared, thinking it completely unfair that someone that exaggeratedly built could still be remarkably athletic. They could almost see the pom-poms in her hands, though Delilah hadn't brought them - this time. Then again, she lugged around a massive pair of 'pom-poms' where ever she went, anyway.

Darrik left for Ms. Ruino's math class, and proceeding at a reasonable rate, was there and set up in little time or trouble at all.

Flicker on the other hand, had a frustrating time. Clutching Darrik's folded message to his arms, he had quickly scampered into the corner shadows, and faded away, to reappear and lurk in the vicinity of the shadows cast by the gymnasium. After waiting more than the expected amount of time, he grew upset.

Master Darrik would not be happy if the message failed to get delivered, so he had to think about it. In the end, he decided to wait until the end of class, when he could intercept Delilah at his leisure.

Physical Education was next on Meru's schedule. She didn't mind this class after several boring hours of that Itchy-monkey's class. All she did was talk and talk about things that had already happened.

She changed into her shorts and t-shirt, forgoing socks and shoes. Her feet were wrapped tightly in garuk hide, a tough leather that her people used in place of shoes so they could retract the claws on their feet for climbing.

She padded her way out into the gymnasium and looked as all the other students were doing their own pre-class thing before their instructor arrived. This place was weird she couldn't help but thin to herself. All these people locked themselves in a building and learned in little rooms and exercised in a massive one that was far to small to fit all them doing their own thing. Where was the hunting? The playing in the trees? The lessons they'd need to know about staying hidden so they could catch their own food when they grew up? At this rate, none of her classmates would survive a winter outside the school.

Once again it appeared Delilah was quite popular. "Get physical?" She murmured softly to herself; unable to resist her anime urge to repeat everything that was said around her.

She wandered about the crowds of classmates, listening for everything could that would garner some clue as to what the class would be doing in this 'Physical Education' class. Her ears twitched once or twice as she fluttered them about in everyone's business but no one seemed the wiser...

Click to reveal..
Stat Roll: Listening - (Meru) rolls 2d6 and gets 4+6=10+10= 20.

Aria had phys-ed next as well, but she never put in an appearance in the locker room. Rather, by the time the first girls had changed and run out into the gym, Aria was already there in her gym clothes, waiting patiently. She watched Delilah's antics with the kind of withering scorn only a completely expressionless face can convey, then looked away towards the faculty door hoping that the teacher would come soon and provide the class with some direction to channel their otherwise directionless energy in.

In Phys Ed Coach Gokaju barked out orders to the young women. "We're running laps today, everyone to the track. I' want to see how good a shape all of you are in now, and we'll compare it to how good you are at the end of the term."

She smiled. "Now Get moving! The last person to finish 10 laps owes me a thousand word essay on the muscles that you use to run."

With the threat of a paper due, The girls took off running.

(ooc body checks you may add appropriate ranks in sports)

------------------------------

In Math class, Ms. Ruino started with some basic formulas, and went into proofs of the formulas. It was fairly boring, until some of the students started passing notes... And She saw.

She launched into a rant. "I can't believe you're already starting this! I've failed as a teacher!" Maki was known as an emotional teacher, and took things far too seriously when the students got bored.

(Darrik you can do as you like to resolve the situation)

Running was not something Meru had a problem with... running in a circle for no reason other than to run in a circle though... that she didn't seem to grasp. She was familiar with the term 'running in circles' as a negative saying, a way for someone to state that they were doing something but not getting anywhere. So if they went out to run in circles, and not get anywhere... what would the teacher be comparing?

"Excellent work Meru," Coach Gokaju said in her mind. "You got nowhere in the start of the semester and you still excel at getting nowhere now. Great work!" She scratched her head and pondered what the point of all this was... was this really what the others in the World of Monsters called an education? She hadn't learned anything yet. She couldn't climb any faster, she couldn't hunt any swifter, and the tales of the past were shared in such a meaningless manner... where was the feast to honor the deeds done by those long gone, the festive dancing, the head dresses or ceremonial painted patterns on the student's bodies?

Education outside the Savannah seemed rather... dull.

But she was dutiful nonetheless, her father had left her here and so she was to 'blend in' as much as one could. As her feet padded upon the track she let the world around her fade away. She was back on the Savannah chasing down lontos that had strayed from the heard. The gazelle-like beasts were plentiful back home, with their tan fur and scimitar curved silver horns that were capable of impaling a novice hunter who wasn't careful.

She seemed to be content in her little world as her strides were sometimes full out leaps as she pretended her fellow classmates were obstructions to be bypassed in the hunt for her prey. Like a blue dart she streaked past Aria, bumping her slightly, with a swiftly screamed "Sorry!" in her direction.

In the end though, lap after lap, her hunt drug on and on. She grew tired and hungry and the dream she was in withered away. Eventually too tired to run she plopped down on the grass and looked around. There were no lontos, no savannah, and there was no prey at the end of her hunt. Tired and hungry, Meru sighed. She was right... round and around she went and still she got no where.

I wanna come home pappa... she thought softly to herself as she watched the other students run.

Click to reveal..
(Meru) rolls 2d6 and gets 6+3=9+4=13.

"Running laps is so boring and everyone can see how good my shape is already," Delilah muttered, though it was clearly audible to Meru's swiveling ears.

She strutted up to the coach, her most engaging smile on her face, a smile that could melt steel and cause a boy-child to instantly go through puberty. Coach Gokaju met the smile with a level scowl. Delilah was just like every other pretty girl she'd seen, thinking that with a pretty face and a saucy smile, she could get anything she wanted. Admittedly, in Delilah's case, that wasn't much of a stretch.

"Coach Gokaju, I really think we should-" Delilah began in what she thought was a reasonable tone, though in actuality there was so much heat in her voice, someone should have called the Fire Department.

"What you should do, Ms. Synn, is concern yourself less with the curriculum and begin running. If you don't keep your grades up in P.E., you won't be allowed to participate on the Cheerleading Team."

"But I'm the Captain! Co-Captain, but still a captain."

"I know, I know, Delilah." Coach Gokaju sighed, her scowl relenting in the face of Delilah's open enthusiasm. "Just get running and I'll give further thought on your... suggestion."

"Yes! Thanks Coach Kaju!" Delilah squealed, jogging onto the track. a bounce to her step, and plenty of bounces elsewhere, a dreamy smile on her lips as she began to run. Running is boring, but wrestling would be awesome! Nubile - and not so nubile - bodies pressed close, sweat-slicked skin... The laps passed by swiftly with the explicit thoughts in her head.

"Good hustle!" "Come on! You can do it! Just a few more steps" "Don't quit now!" "Wow! Looking good!" "You should try out for the cheerleaders!" "Yes! We are real athletes!" Delilah's words were encouraging and - to the disgust of many her classmates - sounded completely sincere.

Their envious disgust was just compounded by Delilah's own athleticism. Despite a figure that appeared far more decorative than functional, Delilah's form was impeccable, her strides long and steady, breathing controlled. And she still looked ridiculously sexy do it. How she didn't give herself a set of black eyes, considering the chest bouncing ahead of her was a question frequently asked. Maybe since she barely understood physics, it barely affected her?

Delilah passed Meru twice while the petite girl sat on the grass surrounded by the track, looking... melancholy. On her third time around, Delilah eased off the track and flounced down next to her, a light sheen of sweat making her flawless complexion almost glow.

"Hey, Meru, right? You okay? I know, running is boring, but we don't always do that. Just shut your brain off and think of other... things." Delilah cocked her head, bright purple eyes inquisitive. Though she had run for longer than her, Meru could see that her breathing was steady, deep and controlled, though still a danger to her clinging sweater. "You were amazing out there, by the way. So fast! I wish I could run like that. You should try out for the Cheerleading Team. With your small size, you'd be an awesome mounter."

Click to reveal..

Ms. Ruino nodded as she stopped crying. "You're right Darrik," She speared the three who'd been causing trouble with an steely glare. "You three, three days detention. Cause any more problems and it'll be a week."

Ms. Ruino had another known trait, she'd fill the detention hall like she got commission on it without remorse.

-------------------

Coach Goakju came up on Meru and Delilah. "That wasn't all the laps. You two are both gonna have to write the paper if you don't get a move on."

"Hmm?" Meru looked up, a bit shocked at first that Delilah was talking to her. She was so lovely and popular and... well, purfect, why would she bother making nice with the new girl? Meru's opinion of Delilah, in just the short time she had witnessed her antics, was that she was a bit too full of herself, but still she found herself envious of the demoness nevertheless. A part of Meru, the woman hidden beneath the childish hunter wished she could be as desirable as Delilah was. Wait a second, n-no she didn't! 'Pretty' didn't food in her belly. Boys oogling over someone never got anything done, like the tents up or the perimeter secured for the tribe to camp for the night! Feh! Beauty was so... so...

Her wide kitty eyes looked up Delilah and she found herself ensnared by her eyes' abyssmal spell.

Beauty was so awesome!

"You're Delilah," She asked bashfully. "At least I think I remember them calling you that. Running? Ugh, this is dumb! I mean really, who makes someone run laps in a sweater, I mean, duh?!" Her legs were spread out in a 'V' on the grass as she plucked up blades of the turf out of boredom mixed with frustration. "This is no way to teach people to be athletic! My Papa always used to unleash an Albedo Razor Wolf on us when he wanted to train us for stamina. I mean seriously, what's running laps compared to be chased by thirty-two rows fangs trying to nip yer tail off!" She plopped back into the grass, laying down and gazing at the sky. She sighed a longing sigh. "That was the most fun I ever had learning to climb trees, imminent death for failure is such an awesome motivator."

"Oh, sorry... I'm babbling." Once again she took in Delilah perfect frame, noting the way everying strangely giggled on it's own when there was no for it to do so. The slightest breeze seemed to make her breasts wobble in a strange manner that drove the surrounding men crazy. She rolled her eyes at the gawking male monsters and sighed. "Fast? That wasn't fast. But Papa told me I'm not supposed to move as fast as I'm really able to because it makes his head hurt and eyes go crossed. I have a feeling I'm going to regret asking you this but, what's a 'mounter' and what would I have to 'mount'?"

Coach Goakju approached them and spoke. Meru grumbled and stood up, dismissively waving off her instructor. "Running in circles, or writing a paper about running in circles... it's no wonder my people broke away from the other monster clans we were the only ones with any sense."

Without further complaint she walked back to the track. Her homesickness was making her a touch bitchy, but the last thing her father said to her was eating her up inside. We're going to war". His words echoed as she walked... if he left her here than as was customary for her tribe... he didn't plan on coming home alive. "You can run with me if you want Delilah, I'll go slow."

Darrik smiled as the teaching went on, and things became more educational again. He got at least a few angry glares from the pointed out students, but he showed no sign of noticing or caring. He scribbled down more notes about proofs and the similarity of triangles over the course of class. At least he valued a good education and learning.

At the mention of the Albedo Razor Wolf, Delilah twisted around to look at her ass and the tail she wasn't wearing at the moment, then looked at Meru with wide eyes. She liked being chased, and doing the chasing, but not like that.

Before Delilah could explain what she meant by a mounter, Coach Gokaju approached them. Delilah stood up with Meru, issuing her own grumbles and brushing the grass from her short-shorts. "Coach Kaju, I already, like, totally lapped nearly nearly everyone, and Meru here did it twice over if not..." Delilah trailed off with a sweater-straining sigh as the Coach didn't seemed inclined to agree with her assessment.

"That'd be nice, Meru, at least I'll have someone to talk to while running." Delilah walked beside Meru onto the track, starting into a light jog before pouring on more speed.

To her surprise, Meru found that she didn't actually have to slow down that much. The succubus wearing a school girl's flesh and clothing might not have had the blistering reflexes of the cat-girl, but her strides were long and powerful, her breathing steady as she maintained their brisk pace. Running close to her side, Meru could see that beneath her succulent curves, Delilah actually possessed firmly toned muscle. Maybe her excessive bosom actually served a function, holding a second pair of lungs? She didn't seem to have much trouble talking while running.

"Anyway... cheerleading has two main positions, 'bases' and 'mounters', sometimes called 'flyers'. Mounters are the ones that form the tops of pyramids and other stunts, and are the ones that get tossed in the air. Bases are the ones that form, well, like the base of pyramids and other stunts and are the ones that toss and catch the mounters. Now, stunts can consist of..." Despite the obvious double-entendre inherent in the term mounter, Delilah's tone was surprisingly clinical, as Meru got an impromptu lesson in cheerleading terminology, while they continued to with their laps, passing by most of the other girls more than once.

Meru's eyes began to glaze over slightly as Delilah continued to detail the intricacies of something that seemingly had no practically use other then having girls jiggle in front of boys when Delilah completely changed the direction of the conversation. "So, you like, grew up here? Not here here, at the school I mean, but here, in the Monster World? I grew up mostly in the Human World. The school seems normal enough to me, but outside... It's really different."

The end of the 2nd round of classes came soon enough, with Lunch for everyone. Kyohei sat on the roof alone, a small boxed lunch before him. He'd figured others would show up there, but if not it was fine, the day had been "interesting" to say the least so far.

In the Cafeteria there were the usual lines, and all the favorites ran out quickly as the Student Council Enforcement club took first pick of the best of everything.

(OOC post as you will, lunch lasts 45 minutes.)

They'd spent a good portion of their time talking about cheerleading stuff. Admittitdly Meru had no real interest in it, but it was still nice to talk to someone about, well, anything. She was just about to answer Delilah's question about being raised in the Monster World when suddenly the world went 'poof' and she found herself warped several moments ahead in time and standing in the lunch line, she was absolutely confused as all get out... Her eyes darted to the left... then the right... wondering if the Warlock guy she saw earlier was playing pranks on her.

"Ooookay, kinda freaked out a bit..." She murmured, wondering again how she lost almost an entire class and woke up in the lunch line. A bit depressed that she didn't get to finish her conversation before the temporal teleporting began, she found that food was always a great way to break her out of a funk.

She found a table, and despite the SCE helping themselves to the good stuff everyone quickly learned that Meru didn't discriminate when it came to food. She had four plates, seven drinks, one desert and something one of the staff referred to as 'left over mystery meat' before she even began to slow down with the shoveling! She did leave her dinner rolls, as she'd been trying for the past few weeks to watch her carb intake.

With reckless abandon she dove in and the piles of food slowly shrunk smaller and smaller until there was nothing left but crumbs and an innocent blue haired, purple furred young nekojin girl licking her claws triumphantly and briefly considered skipping the rest of the day if she found an adequate sun spot to nap in.

"Meow I'm ready for a nap..." A content rumble rose up in her throat as she longed for a nice sun spot...

Darrik stretched as he walked into the lunch room, before scowling as he saw the lines. Considering he was absurdly hungry, the temptation to use the shadows to fade over into the prime spot in the lunch line was exceptional. But admittedly, he had his fill of making people annoyed for the day.

So he simply let the line go at normal speed, and eventually he had a plate of meat and greens before him as he was sitting down to eat.

Smiling with satisfaction, he tasted the tender rib steak of the meat slab before him, before digging in for maximum appetite satisfaction.

After class, Delilah grabbed her clothes from the locker-room then hustled to her dorm-room, planning on putting on another outfit. In her room, she striped off her cheerleading sweater then cocked her head, the taste of emotions a bitter tang on her tongue. She recognized it, annoyed.

"I know you're here, piqsqueak, I can taste how much you want me to take off my bra, and it tastes like stale coffee and ashes." She pulled on a scooped necked red blouse over her bulging chest and turned around, glaring at a shadowed corner. "Show yourself Flicker, then get lost."

"Show me yours first, toots, then I'll so you mine, babe," came a snarky reply from the wavering shadows.

"If you had something more to show than burnt Ken Doll anatomy, I might have taken you up on the offer. By boobs throw better shaped shadows than you. I don't mind if you watch me and Darrik, but you don't get a free show. Now..." In her hands, balls of hellish red flames began to form, her mellifluous voice a sultry threat.

"Okay, okay, sheesh! Darrik sent me to deliver a note. It's right there, on the desk."

"Fine. Thanks. Now, shoo, shadowling." The shadow imp leered, then fled away in the shadows as a ball of flame was lazy tossed his way. Delilah sniffed, then casually striped off her short-shorts as she hopped to her desk. Standing there in her thong, she read the note, a haughty grin on her full lips. Well see about that! Deny himself me, will he?

Delilah rooted around in her scattered clothes, settling on a pair of well-worn and frayed, black jeans, skin tight and barely dress code legal, considering how much flesh still showed. She slipped on a some stiletto-heeled ankle boots, then seductively stalked towards the lunch-room, intent on changing one boy's mind and short-circuiting another's.

In the cafeteria, winks and jiggles and blown kisses got her through the lines to the food counter. She let someone buy her a bloody-rare steak and a diet coke, then cast her purple-eyed gaze around, looking for her targets.

Sighting one, the sinfully gorgeous girl cut through the crowds with a sinuous grace, zeroing in on Darrik's table. Reaching it, she leaned over and inhaled to dangerous proportions, her parted lips not more than two inches away from his.

"You and I are gonna have to talk later. I'm sure you want to be convinced to give up something else for your little warlocky festival thingy, don't you?" she asked him, voice full of breathy promise and her ravishing grin both questioning and certain.

Before he could reply, before his brain jumped started after Delilah's direct display, she was gone, hunting another target. Asking one of her many admirers, who was reluctant to direct her to a potential rival, he promptly answered, nearly carried her there, when Delilah's over-ripe melons were pressed against his chest.

A minute later, Delilah was walking up behind Kyohei on the roof. "There you are, Kyohei," said a bright voice above him, that suggested naughty things at night, as Kyohei felt a pair of huge somethings, delightfully firm and intriguingly soft, pressing against his shoulders and neck.

Kyohei sighed. "I see you found me easy enough." He smiled but continued eating. "And they are every bit as perfect as I had been told they were."

"You have an amazing figure Delilah. You either work very hard to maintain such beauty, or have inherited it from one of your parents." She could feel his heart quicken, but he seemed to remain calm. Despite what was pressed against him, the young man seemed in perfect control of himself. What's more, unlike every other man who only complimented her for a chance to be with her, his words were totally sincere. He made no moves to encourage her, no moves of any kind, not even to turn his head.

The few people who had followed were dumbstruck by it, and quickly went to gather others, leaving the two of them alone on the roof.

----------------------------------

Meru, sated after a rather bland repast, at least for the moment, was quickly able to find the right sort of spot to take a nap in, There was a Stand of trees closer to the school than the others, and near the top of one of the trees was a branch that was partially shaded, and yet faced the Western Sun.

-----------------------------

Darrik ate alone, nobody sat near him, or even spoke to him. Once finished, he got up to leave, but found a note beneath his tray. It hadn't been there when he sat down.

"I want to see you, come to the Library after school, you'll know me." It was unsigned and clearly a girl's handwriting.

Darrik took several moments to restart his brain after Delilah's surprising- or not so surprising, considering her likely reaction to the note- appearance. However, once his brain got going again, he was far more annoyed than aroused. At this point, his pride as a Warlock and responsibilities of his mattered more than Delilah.

He was NOT- NOT going to bend on something as important as Neyan.

---

Later on, the note was curious. Considering her dramatic entrance, this couldn't have been Delilah's. Though he wouldn't put it past Bron, he doubted that bully and his cronies would be able to mimic a girl's handwriting.

Flicker.... wouldn't dare pull this. Was this an admirer's note? It seemed foreign to Darrik, who was attracted to Delilah, but didn't think he had a true interest in her. It certainly seemed to rule out Aria.

Well, he'd find out who it was after school.

Only moments after Delilah left their room, Aria was in it. Her timing was not accidental. Very little was accidental where Aria was involved. She didn't change clothes...there were still classes to attend so she'd stay in uniform. But it was nice to return to her room every so often. It was quiet and soothing, and it helped her think.

The big mystery of the day was, of course, this 'Kyohei' boy. It wasn't many kids his age who could shrug off Delilah so easily. And that a teacher had, even briefly, taken that odd interest in him only made things more interesting.

Yes, she decided. She'd keep an eye on him. A moment later Aria wasn't in the room anymore. The door never opened, nor closed.

Archived