Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 9.2 Desolate Litany

Justin OOC

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skye picked at her nails, bored. She never liked these weird moments of letting the villain shoot his mouth off but had learned to just go with it a while ago. However, this ass was starting to get on her nerves. First, he went on and on about royal blood as if that mattered a bit, then proceeded to know way too much about her for comfort. How and where was he getting his information?

His barb about Kazuo had her rolling her eyes. Not that she didn't care about her friend; quite the opposite. But if this aschloch knew half of what he claimed, he'd know that worrying about Kazuo was pointless. Skye had yet to meet someone who could put him down for more than a few minutes. But that humming - that was the sign that the talking portion of tonight's duel had gone on for long enough.

"Hey, Schwanzlutscher, are you going to keep talking or start to fight?" she asked, tipping her head to the side and opening her fans. "Or can save yourself the embarrassment and surrender now."

Hizashi disappeared, and reappeared before Skye. Only a fraction of a second and luck allowed her to read his strikes, as her Tessen parried the strikes of his sword. "As I expected."

In her hands, her fans reverbereated with the strikes, almost seeming to cry in pain. "To touch Kusanagi's blade is to court Destruction for all things."

Skye was terrified when Hazashi disappeared and came up right in her face. She had been ready to fight, and that was the only reason she got the fans up in time. The vibrations down her fans made her grimace; her long association with the weapons made her sensitive to hurts to them.

Still, his comment required a response. "I'm not that easy to kill, and the tools of my goddess are just as tough!"

Click to reveal..
Initiative roll: 17

1d6=4, 1d6=4

Valerie reacted a split second too late "Oh Hizashi, you seem to think your ribs could do something to me?" focusing all of her energy the long pieces of transparent fabric started glowing and fluttering on the air created by Skye and Hizashi. "Kai is more than enough to handle Takashi, a man man like him could never be as strong as Kai, he who bears responsibility by looking at it on the eye instead of evading it like he does."

"Assault form, Limiter Release." a glow of power from Valerie´s eyes and a steam release later, the difference in power was already noticeable on Valerie, a faint pink aura surrounding her completely. "But what do you care, to you both of them are nothing but puppets, too bad it´s time for the puppet master to be put to rest." Valerie threw herself with reckless Abandon into the direct line of attack of Hizashi. "Come, prove to me why you were the captain commander and what kind of power allows you to murder your own flesh and blood!"

Click to reveal..

(DrKultra) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,4. +9 = 15

Released into Assault form, and put up force field.

Defense rolls, Melee 2.

5,4 +9 = 18

4,1 +9 = 14

No attack roll this time around, just giving him a priority target over Skye.

• 2 weeks later...

Lily glared at Hizashi with a thunderous look.

"I won't waste time with anything but my best," she declared. "BANKAI!"

A wave of blinding blue-white energy exploded from the Princesses body, washing over the entire command center like a tidal wave from a hot, new star. In its wake Lily was transformed into the towering avatar of light; a glowing network of lines that drew the outlines of a warrior woman in the air around Lily. At he avatar's heart was a sphere of brilliant light, and at the center of that was the silhouetted figure of Lily herself.

"THIS ENDS NOW!" the Avatar commanded, and a sword of energy with a blade as big s Lily's whole body formed in one of its hands.

With speed that's startling from such a large thing, the Avatar rushed at Hizashi, blasting a line of pure energy that heated and buckled the deck of the ship as it came. The enemy captain dodged that, only to discover that the blast had been a diversion to occupy him as Lily teleported in and struck with her energy blade! Despite rolling aside, the gargantuan sword tore a glowing slash through his uniform before he could quite get away. He then easily ducked under her second swing as Lily circled around him, looking for an opening.

Hizashi's own blade slashed twice with lightning quickness, each time striking the gigantic figure...but neither time did his strokes pierce the flaming blue energy aura that radiated from it.

He looked at her, and smiled.

"Very well, If that is how you wish to play it, then I will not go easy on you." He held out his sword before him, and recited words Valerie had heard only twice. The command to release his shikai. "Reap the Field clean, Kusanagi." A Thousand black blades scattered from the Blade, which was now the color of the black void of space, and humming with an ominous power.

The blades lanced out at everyone. (Everyone dodge vs 27 for 500 damage. If you dodge the damage is halved. You have the option of stating you activate guard at the beginning of your post.)

(initiative order is Hizashi, Lily, Valerie, Skye)

Noting that the princess weathered his attack unscathed he nodded, and slashed at her twice, both hitting, sending black energy through her, causing pain to arc through her, despite the lack of real damage.

"Agh!" Lily blurted, recoiling a bit from the strikes as they landed. For a second she hesitated... I don't get it...why does it hurt if it's not getting through my defense? When she realized she wasn't actually injured though, she pressed her attack with renewed vigor!

Hizashi never lost his cool as the mammoth Avatar bore down on him, even as she feinted a low sweeping slash that he would easily have jumped over...but then caught him in midair with a second energy sword in her off-hand that materialized out of nowhere just before the strike.

He didn't fall for a trick twice though, and Lily's efforts to catch him with his guard down again failed, with him blocking and dodging her continuing assault!

Valerie pressed on agaisnt Hizashi on his first volley of attacks, the the words she wished were not spoken yet reached her ears.

"Reap the field clean, Kusanagi" the voice saying it heralded horrible things for the universe itself, Lily immediately shoved aside the thousands of blades going her way and jumped into the fray. The black like the void blades

Dozens of toughs went through Val´s head at the same time "I can´t be this overpowered! Lily is doing her best right now! I have to get closer! I have to be able to defeat him!" summoning every ounce of her power the cloth pieces that had become a part of her uniform lighted up, glowing like small starts with a warm pink glow they positioned themselves on top of her arms blasting back the rain of blades, a faint pink glow appeared all around Valerie as her defensive programs tightened around her. "Defensive mode engaged, Shield Burst exhausted, Full offensive mode engaged Assault beginning." finishing the small nonsense declaration, Valerie immediate busted towards Hizashi.

Click to reveal..

Declaring Guard against the massive attack, engaging Force Field and going in to see if between Lily and Val we can land a hit.

Ranged Defense

(DrKultra) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,5. Fail

Melee attack

(DrKultra1) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,4. (16 Total) Fail

125 damage go through thanks to Guard

-80 EP

HP 414/654

EP 414/494

Skye didn't know what was going on - a common occurrence here, she was learning - but she did know that she didn't want to face the full force of that monster's attack. She'd seen plenty of attacks like this, and anytime someone had to shout out their attack, she needed to dodge that attack. And if she couldn't dodge it, she needed to block the damage.

Instinctively, she reached for the power of her goddess, turning to the one being who had always been there. But She wasn't there anymore; a stranger was in Her place. "Tsunami! “Show your divine grace and grant me protection!” As she spoke, a glowing blue shield dropped in front of her, turning aside most of Hizashi's attack. The black blades slammed into the blue shield and bounced away with a strange noise.

What wasn't turned aside slashed over her skin, and Skye choked back a cry of pain. Those black blades cut her skin shallowly, but it still hurt and left bloody rends in her kimono. Hissing with pain, she returned the favor, throwing three quick attacks at him. The Western Winds threw ice across in three small storms, buffeting Hizashi with freezing winds but leaving Valerie and Lily alone.

Click to reveal..
Activating Guard [-80 EP]

Defense roll vs 27: Failure

2d6=9 = 26

Guard reduces damage to 125; Skye's forcefield drops it to 77 Damage total

Skye's attacks: Western Wind (area, selective, penetrating 3) 2d6=7, 2d6=8

2d6=9

Attack #1: 26

Attack #2: 27

Attack #3: 28

Damage if they hit:

Attack #1: 190

Attack #2: 190

Attack #3: 190

Six dodges, just in case: 2d6=5, 2d6=8, 2d6=7, 2d6=4, 2d6=7, 2d6=7

#1: 22

#2: 25

#3: 24

#4: 21

#5: 24

#6: 24

EP spent: 80

HP lost: 77

Valerie's attack missed as he moved on to greater threats. In a stunning series, Skye's attacks hit, destroying more of his outfit. He turned to her and lashed out again, Hitting with his first and second hit, missing with his third and hitting with hi fourth slash. (250 damage base per hit)

"You girls are pretty good. "You'd make Good Lieutenants, maybe Captains."

• 2 weeks later...

Lily's avatar pivoted to keep Hizashi in view, and its lambent blue eyes widened at his mocking. The lines of power that surrounded her began to glow more and more brightly as she opened the floodgates of her soul and poured power into the avatar at a reckless, unsustainable pace.

"You sold out the Empire to its enemies. You killed my brothers and sisters, and tried to kill my father. Lets see you laugh this one off."

Now burning too brightly to comfortably look at, Lily twisted in the heart of the avatar and spoke words that could strike fear into just about any opponent, and that revealed just how far she was willing to go to destroy this foe...

Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares,

Release thy heavenly retribution

Blade of cold, black nothingness

Become my power, become my body

Together, let us walk the path of destruction

And smash even the souls of the Gods

RAGNA BLADE!!

The six-foot blade of energy in the avatar's right hand...changed. The core of the sword was replaced by a bar of absolute black; a void so profound that those nearby could feel it tugging on them, eager to devour everything around it. Wild red lightning curled and arced around the black blade, staining the aura of the avatar itself.

With dread purpose, Lily's avatar rushed at Hizashi, the slaying sword raised high...and it was hard not to groan at such a telegraphed attack. Hizashi had already proved he was fast enough to dodge a move like that. But as Lily closed in for the slash...she vanished in a whoosh of imploding air. Almost simultaneously she appeared behind him, sword already descending in an arc, and Hizashi instinctively flinched away, sensing the danger...but the avatar vanished again, in mid-swing, this time appearing overhead!

A series of blows from directions all but impossible to predict due to her rapid teleportation, armed with one of the strongest weapons black magic could conjure...but would it be enough to stop whatever Hizashi truly was?

Rolls!

(07:06:09) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 2d6 and gets 4,3.

(07:06:13) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 2d6 and gets 4,3.

(07:06:17) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 2d6 and gets 6,2.

Attack bonus is...+15 in Avatar form, +2 for Concentration, +5 for Flash Steps, for +22 total.

So 29, 29, and 30 to hit.

Activating Guard this turn too.

...and this is what happens when you burn over 200 energy in one round, kids. smile

It was awesome, and horiffic all at once... All three of Lily's attacks Caught Hizashi by suprise. The room was filled with smoke, and as it cleared, Hizashi could be seen. His entire Jacket was gone, and three large black wounds were easily visible. His smile was gone, and He looked truly hurt. "The Ragna Blade. Very well Princess, In honor of your willingness to go that far, I will hold nothing back. He Held out his zanpuktou and an aura of black energy surrounded him.

"Bankai." The void itself seemed to explode from him, as Kusanagi grew, and the blade curved. Gone was the black steel, replaced with a blade of seeming void. "Sword of infinite darkness, Bind yourself to Oblivion's Call, All things shall fall at your touch. Reap, Deathscythe Kusanagi."

With that he dashed towards Lily, and slashed at her only twice. (This weapon is energy based, though rooted in primal magic. Your Energy Immunity halves the base damage, Guard takes affect afterwards. Dodge/parry vs 29, 31. Damage is 1000 If you are hit, make a body check, DC 12)

(OOC - is the 1000 before or after halving? Die rolls: )

(18:34:08) (SalmonMax): Defenses, in Avatar form, using Concentration and Flash Steps.

(18:35:02) (SalmonMax): Total bonus = +20

(18:35:08) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,4.

(18:35:15) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,4.

(18:36:14) (SalmonMax): Body check

(18:36:19) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 2d6 and gets 6,5.

Defenses: 26 and 29

Body roll: 18

The Black void that filled the room for a second took it´s toll on Valerie, her legs shaking for a second, the RagnaBlade had never before left anything on it´s path when Lily used it, but now Hizashi had taken several direct hits and had nothing but scorch marks and wounds on his body, far from being ineffective the RagnaBlade had proven to be the only thing so far to have ever damaged Hizashi to this extent, Valerie shook all of her fear away from her head and started focusing energy.

"Skye, help Lily, I need to study Hizashi a bit more, I want to know how high I will need to go into overdrive to get rid of him for once and for all." of course this was a lie, Valerie was ready to do much more than just go overdrive on Hizashi if that´s what it took to kill him, Val first of all tried to contact any kind of operative system the ship itself had, the condition of the ship had to be assessed before any moves could be taken. "I will stand my ground here, I just hope Hizashi does not get any brilliant schemes on mind."

Click to reveal..

Val will use a Mind check to visualize everything around her and check for possible still functional consoles, she needs access to the core programs of the Ship.

Mind Check to inspect everything around me:

(20:45:27) ChatBot: (Valerie) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,4. (18 total)

Two ranged defenses while looking:

(20:48:03) ChatBot: (Valerie) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,2. (20 Total)

(20:48:07) ChatBot: (Valerie) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,4. (26 total)

Finally Activating Guard again, he has proved to be more than effective enough on AoE attacks

Valerie's search found something amazing, an unsecured Deuterra access port. Nominally it allowed battle armor to be recharged on the quick, but she also knew enough to know the near infinite power of a reactor could help in this fight. There were however risks, big ones that Ibis had once warned her about. Issuing commands in nanoseconds, The Beam of pure Deuterra energy struck her from the emitter. Hizashi was taken by suprised and moved to cut her down before she managed to take a full charge.

He slashed at her, hitting the first time and missing the second somehow. Clearly he'd been too late to stop her from recieving power from the reactor. (Bonuses equal to what we discussed with the drawbacks too. first you need to react to 1000 damage (before guard))

Once again, Skye called on Tsunami to protect her. Not only did she need the blue aura, but she needed the additional shield from the Balance of the Half Phase technique. Hizashi’s attacks tore around the shield and into her, leaving her wincing from new pain. It also left strips of white and black silk fluttering away from her, baring more of her body with each strike. Her force field was noticeably dimmer.

“Help Lily? Lily’s a giant with a blue sword bigger than I am tall, and I’m supposed to help her?” Skye didn’t get an answer and wasn’t expecting one; she just shook her head and took a couple of steps away from Valerie to give her a bit more room. It didn’t matter; Hizashi objected to whatever she was doing and struck at her. Skye was just glad he wasn’t objecting to her like that.

The petite German set her feet in a fighting stance and lashed out again with the Western Winds, tearing at the enemy but leaving Val and Lily unscathed. Rather than throwing another attack, she paused and prayed, "Tsunami, please grant me more grace." The blue aura around her regained some of its brightness.

Click to reveal..
Activating Guard, FF starts at 11

Attack 1 – 250 = 63 (Guard) – 44 (FF) = 19

Attack 2 – 250 = 63 (Guard) – 40 (FF) = 23

Attack 4 – 250 = 63 (Guard) – 36 (FF) = 27

Three attacks: 1d6=3, 1d6=2, 1d6=2, 1d6=5, 1d6=5, 1d6=1

Attack 1: 24

Attack 2: 26

[2]Attack 3: 25 - ignore this, using this action to instead regenerate a level of FF

Six defenses: 2d6=7, 2d6=6, 2d6=5, 2d6=3, 2d6=7, 2d6=5

Defense 1: 24

Defense 2: 23

Defense 3: 22

Defense 4: 20

Defense 5: 24

Defense 6: 22

Body Check: 16 total

2d6=11

Total Damage this round: 69

EP Spent: 160

Total HP Lost: 146 – 10 points (Regeneration 2) = 136

Force Field is now effectively level 9.

Her prayers were answered as both her attacks tore more little chunks from Hizashi,illiciting a grunt from him. He slashed at her as if swatting an annoying insect, missing first, then connecting with the return slash (1000 damage) pain ignited through Skye's body

It was staggering that nothing seemed to truly faze the Head Captain, Just how much did it actually take to bring him down?

• 2 weeks later...

Lily felt as if her heart had turned to glass, and was starting to crack. The creature Hizashi had taken the worst she had to offer, and had only gotten stronger. She'd forced him into his final form, but she felt her own powers waning rapidly. Maybe if she could summon up the Ragna Blade again. Maybe then they'd have a chance.

She'd done all she could now though. Her time was over. If Skye or Valerie didn't have something they could do, the fight was lost. But she wouldn't go down without a fight.

With a defiant shriek of effort, she forced her remaining energy into the waning, pulsing lines of the Avatar, ripped herself out of the bulkhead she'd been knocked into, and flung herself at her foe again! Hizashi easily parried her first strike...but it got her close enough to again shift to the rapid, fluctuating jumps of the 'flash steps' maneuver she'd been taught. Around and around she appeared, trading a blow or two only to vanish again as she looked for an opening in his defenses!

(Using Guard and Flashsteps for a total of 130 energy)

(Rolls: (18:59:33) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,2 +20 = 23)

(18:59:37) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,2 + 20 = 25)

(18:59:42) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,4 + 20 = 29)

(Hit equals 455 base damage)

And then it was over. The frantic glow of the Avatar dimmed, though didn't quite vanish completely, as the extra power she'd been feeding into its battle slowly began to ebb away. Once it was gone, she would no longer be able to withstand even a single blow from Hizashi's blade of negation. But to give her friends a chance, she stayed in the fight.

Hizashi took Lily's last strike and sighed. "It seems that was the limit of your power Princess. Perhaps in another hundred years, you would have a chance.." He slashed at her, connecting both times. (1000 each)

He turned back to face Valerie, Dashing for her to prevent her from using her borrowed power.

Lily was waning, Lily had never waned in power before, not even when using the Ragnablade. If Lily was waning, Hizashi must be actually be able to do tangible damage to her energy form.

Looking down at herself, there was a large scorch mark down her chest and abdomen, Hizashi was not holding back in his Bankai form, everything if his words ringed true he would not rest until everything was dead, everything included all her close friends, all the captains, gao gai gar and everyone in the squads. This was not something permissible, this was not something that Valerie was going to let happen, and a single thought could go through her mind Really, nobody will miss a single fake.

Hizashi overran Lily, literally bursting through her, Skye was very agile she was going to get out of the way, but Valerie had other plans. "Deuterra connection, Engaged." taking a quick jump back Valerie found the Deuterra port, literally connecting herself in a direct line to the main reactor, and life was brought to a halt.

-------

Valerie felt time freeze around her, even Hizashi with his out of this world speed was moving like going through quicksand, the Deuterra reactor had overcharged her, all her systems where working overtime, most of them were getting damaged just from the amount of power coursing through her body. Moving even at a brisk walk pace required a tremendous amount of force, her body was not keeping up with her mind, the information processing was going too fast, there was only one thing that was going to make this and she had meant to not have to use it. SDF-1 Mk3 MicroEngine, engage and reality warped around Valerie for such a tiny fraction of time, nobody should be able to notice.

Teleporting behind Hizashi was something only Lily had achieved in his lifetime, Valerie had been the second one to do it, with some luck on her side, the movement was beyond instantaneous, as there was no visible movement between stops for Valerie she just existed. During this time, the energy storing cloth she kept around her arms literally ignited with energy as it kept being fed overflowing energy, but even the flames made no sound or even movement between "existance" to call it something. Making sure to make the most of her position, Valerie shifted from standing to a cruel elbow blow to Hizashi´s back, but even at this speed Hizashi was somebody you could never take lightly as he blocked the blow and started his counter blow, Valerie shifted her attack pattern and literally rained blows down on Hizashi as several Valeries proceeded to exist at the same time on different points just to attack before vanishing out.

While the display of martial prowness Valerie was doling out was impressive, her body was the least impressed of the spectators, she looked like she was obviously suffering from heatstroke, her arms and feet had already burst into flames and every crack on her skin and wounds were expelling smoke and electrical sparks, the strain on her body at this pace, would kill her in the next couple of seconds, this much was obvious to anybody who had ever been a pilot, but the knowledge of it did not seem to affect Valerie at all.

"You are a very small man Hizashi, for all your power, all your influence, you want them for nothing. I hope you enjoy losing to a 16 year old school girl." Valerie´s voice sounded distant, all her words seemed thoroughly thought about and enunciated, and she seemed to have no problem still moving and attacking while speaking.

"Child you will regre-" Hizashi was cut off in mid sentence as Valerie herself burst into flames, and scrap pieces of mechanical parts literally started falling off from her. "I don´t have time for this Old Man, please be sweetheart and go to hell from this, I just made it up for you." Even her eyes and mouth now glowed like a barely contained start was inside of her.

SUPERDIMENSIONAL

Valerie encircled Hiazashi, about a baker´s dozen did the encircling as Valerie appeared at the same time all around him.

STARTDUST

Each Valerie spawned several Stock´s from within them, each one of them immediately charging up from the Deuterra energy to almost exploding, several of them did in fact and were quickly replaced every shadow suffering different effects under the incredible pressure.

STORM

Every Stock disappeared from its position appearing all around Hizashi, Every Valerie followed suit, as each Valerie attacked their speed increased, their numbers increased and the viciousness of the attack increased, so many assailants, at the same time, even Hizashi was not able to keep all of them at bay. Every kick, hold and fist that managed to connect accumulating damage all over his body. "Hizashi, say good night!" the several dozen Valeries all accumulated around Hizashi, his strength still not sapped was about to be able to part away from them but a solid wall of energy appeared around them, the dozens of small nuclear fires covered him all over as every Deuterra reactor went into Meltdown at the same time. "Boom"

The sound of the explosion was deafening, and even the heat was able to go through the massive wall of force surrounding ground zero, and smoke was still thick when the shields went down slowly filling up the air, no sound or move could be heard.

Click to reveal..

Lots of Drama!

I basically used Passion, Bulls Eye and the Deuterra Reactor to make Hizashi look bad, if you need any rolls just tell me Long and I will add them here.

The end Result was a battle scarred Hizashi, and Valerie's broken body lying by her comrades, all her cybernetics burned out, and her eyes were now vacant and glazed over. The animating light behind them, was gone.

Hizashi's mouth was a thin line, with just one side that curled upwards. "Very well done. You risked everything for that, and it almost worked." He turned to the priestess. "And you, do you have something you'd like to try. It's a formality at this point, I will claim you all, you have nothing left to harm me."

Skye danced around the first strike only to be caught by the return blow, some of which got around the blue shield before tearing through her blue aura. The pain took her back to Bazaroth – her first stay. It was pure and intense and for a moment, Skye saw the cell and Henry again.

The blackness passed and left her alive – something that surprised her a little. Skye had been hurt like this before. Then, unlike now, she had entertained no thoughts of running. But today, the physical pain combined with the emotional pain of being traded to another goddess and her first thought was to run and save herself. These weren’t her friends; Kazuo was her only friend here and these people were just the strangers that the Old Man had told her to save.

“I didn’t call you here to die.” Tsunami’s voice rang through her mind like a clarion call. “I called you here to put an end to the madness.”

Could have fooled me, Skye thought, her mental voice a touch bitter. But she’d been bending to the will of the gods for too long to just stop now because her life was in danger.

"And you, do you have something you'd like to try. It's a formality at this point, I will claim you all, you have nothing left to harm me." Hizashi was gloating, sure and confident. There was nothing more annoying than a smug know-it-all man who thought he’d already won. It was the thing that had first annoyed her most about Kazuo. It was still the thing that annoyed her most about Kazuo. But Kazuo had some redeeming qualities (he had to, if he was her friend, damnit!) and this fucker didn’t.

“Verbrauchen Scheiße und stirb, Arschloch.” The crude statement was classic Skye, as was the middle finger she extended to Hizashi. Tsunami had told her to stay and fight, so Skye was going to stay and fight in her own special style. Two slashes of her fan released more surges of the Western Wind, then Skye straightened. For a moment, she stood, her robes in revealing tatters around her, blood covering her skin like an impressionist painting gone wrong. She didn’t seem to mind that she was virtually naked, or looked like she should be lying on the floor, weeping from pain. It was all just another day on the job, honestly.

Her arms went wide and blue trails of powers followed the edge of her fans. With a voice that seemed more powerful than she should project, she cried “My goddess, I call upon your harshest power! Lend me the Strike of your DARK FACE!”

The bridge went black, as if darkest night had fallen inside the room. Hizashi looked around warily, trying to find the priestess who was surely hiding in the murk. He thought she saw a movement and spun on it, ready for an attack. From behind the madman, a blue glow emanated. He caught it from the edge of his vision and started to turn, but the blue slashes in the air became waves of wind, flying toward him at extreme speeds. They tore through skin and muscle alike, shredding his body and clothes.

Click to reveal.. (Numbers, dear god, the numbers!)
Guard is active, FF is 9.

1000 damage = 250 (after Guard) – 36 (FF) = 214

Attack #1: 27

2d6=8

Attack #2: 25 28

2d6=6

~Divine Relationship reroll: 2d6=9

Attack #3: 27 (activating Last Resort on this attack, disregard roll)

2d6=8

Damage is for Attack #1 and 2: 115

Damage for Attack #3: 230 (it looked so high before his 1000!)

Defense #1: 21 26 (Last Resort dodge, disregard roll)

2d6=4

~Divine Relationship reroll: 2d6=9

Defense #2: 24

2d6=7

Defense #3: 22 25

2d6=5

Divine Relationship reroll: 2d6=8

Defense #4: 25

2d6=8

Defense #5: 25

2d6=8

EP Spent: 320

Total HP lost: 350 – 10 (Regeneration 2) = 340 0.0

Three levels of Divine Relationship used in this fight.

Force Field is effectively 8.

Click to reveal.. (And of course, the cursing)
Verbrauchen Scheiße und stirb, Arschloch. - Eat (Consume) shit and die, Asshole.

Skye's Wrath intrigued Hizashi, but in the end it was no more than the bite of a small dog to a raging bull, and While new wounds were opened, they did not threaten his life. He slashed at her twice, missing, and he scowled. His blade began to shimmer, and he drew back his sword, preparing to end the life of this interdimensional interloper.

Perhaps the worst thing of it was the reflection. As the dark beyond black blade fell in a killing stroke, She could see all the images of her life before her eyes, all inverted in the light of the blade and she knew, she knew who they fought, Death himself.

There was a flash of brilliant white, and then Skye felt nothing...

Then her heart beat, and she felt the thrum of mighty engines far beneathe her through the deck, and she exhaled, a luminous pink petal flitted by her face, and she looked beyond it to see thousands of them forming a shield before her, only to flow back towards the door, reforming into the blade of Kai's sword, Senbonzakura. Kazuo was there next to him. Both were injured, but still in the fight. "You have taken one friend from me, You will not take another."

In that Instant A familiar Black-clad form Materialized across the massive bridge, Takashi had survived the Shadow's destruction. He too had drawn his own sword. He looked to Valerie, "Normally I'm the one who must apologize for playing too roughly with someone else's toys Hizashi, it's nice to see you enjoy breaking defective and weak things as much as I."

There was another Flash, and Kai smiled. "Masane."

The barely clad Demonic looking woman nodded. "Master." With her were both Francis and the Demon hunting Asrai, Sakura.

Francis had already drawn his laser pistol on instinct as the three appeared upon the bridge. He took in the damage of the scene, and bridled at the mad attitudes of Hizashi and Takashi, as he saw the two for the first time, adding in the body of Valerie.

He didn't recognize the woman or the man with Kai, but they were allies, that was immediately clear.

"Defective things don't last you say?" Francis' voice dripped with scorn as if Takashi was crazy (actually the 'if' could be dropped with no loss of accuracy). "I guess that's why you aren't around in the future. Mentally defectives certainly aren't around there."

Click to reveal..

Though Kazuo's outward expression was one of bemusement and arrogant disdain, Skye could tell from the look in his good eye as it moved over the scene on the bridge that he was troubled and angry at what he saw. But when he finally allowed himself to really look in her direction he was smiling with that trademarked cocky half-smile of his. "Wassup bijin?", he asked Skye in a conversational tone. "Those drone-mecha-things these jokers're fightin' with are no challenge at all", he said, "it was kinda boring, so I thought I'd come back an' see what you ladies were up to."

After a slight pause, Kazuo wasn't quite successful at keeping the concern out of his voice as he commented, "You don't look like yer doin' so good, Skye. Neither d'yer friends", he added, glancing towards where Lily stood, her avatar dimming even as he looked, and to where Valerie lay on the floor.

Having taken care of the obligatory hello-how-are-yous, Kazuo finally turned his full attention to Hizashi and Takashi. "Speakin' a defective shit that got broke", he grunted, "which wunnaya's Takashi? I wanted ta 'pologize 'bout yer fancy mecha-thing. These guys were tellin' me how fuckin' awesome it was an' here it looks I mighta scratched up th'paint job a little. Hope you can get it patched up, Takashi-kun. Oh! No, wait. That's right, th'plans fer it got lost, didn't they?"

Kazuo grinned at Takashi like the Asrai-cum-war-demon he was and said, "Well, ain't that a bitch!"

Click to reveal..
Initiative: (16:49:44) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,5. 11 + 3 + 6 = 20

Lily's towering Avatar flashed under Hizashi's assault, and the glowing blue battle aura finally shattered, leaving its energy 'skin' vulnerable. Even so, with the last of her will, Lily managed to fend off the black blade from her own body a little longer.

Through Val's sacrifice, and Skye's last attack, she felt a thick stickiness in her throat. Bitter, bitter regret. She had been the leader for this. She had guided them into this fight...and now they were all going to die for nothing, because of her.

And then others started appearing. Lily spied Kai among them, and instantly realized what must be happening.

"Kai, what are you doing?" she gasped. "He's too strong! Even our most powerful attacks only injured him!"

It was a mark of her waning power that the Avatar's voice was not so booming nor resonant as usual. It was really not much more than Lily's own voice, only slightly amplified.

Kai smiled. "I know, We'll be alright."

Hizashi arched an eyebrow, and cracked a smile. Takashi nodded, and stood with him. The room seemed to shake, and He brought his sword up. His gaze looked right at Kazuo. "The E-shadow was a toy, nothing more or less. I do not need it to defeat the likes of you." He smiled. "Bankai."

Black Flame roiled out of the sword, as Black wings of ebon Flame sprouted his back, and his arms were wreathed with black flames. It was the same as before, as his eyes blazed with darkness, and his very breath was black Flame.

Kai moved to Valerie's fallen form, and knealt down, then looked up. Masane was there in an instant, The massive blade on her arm ready. "She's alive, barely. I can't heal the damage, it's too extensive."

She nodded. "I know a way Master."

Faced with two Powerful Captains wielding their bankai, the odds were closer than would be thought. Though Francis Masane and Sakura were fresh, everyone else was injured, and relatively low on mana.

"Enough games, let's end this."

Skye had never been so happy to see anyone in her life. Kai had saved her life, of that she had no doubt. She gave him a grateful smile that made him think of unwholesome things before turning to grin at Kazuo. "I have been better," she told her friend. "You could have shown up a bit sooner, though. Just a thought for future actions."

Her impish grin faded as she assessed herself. Low on power, low on health, nearly naked... so about right for these things. Alright, Tsunami, I am here, I am fighting, how about a boost to make sure I win for you?

Before Tsunami could reply, Hazishi and Takashi declared that it was on. Cursing internally, Skye lifted her fans into a defensive mode.

Click to reveal..
Skye's Init: 20

2d6=12

Nice!

Lily felt conflicting emotions. The knot of despair pulled tighter, as she realized that this might be the fight that decided everything...and she wouldn't be able to do anything.

But at the same time, the chord of battle strummed a chord in her heart, and the reinforcements forced her to hope in spite of everything.

She lifted her chin and reformed her Avatar's energy sword.

She was in it to the end.

(OOC init 18)

(07:57:01) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 2d6 and gets 4,3.

Sakura took only a instant to glance at the situation and figure out what was happening, and she was ready to move at almost lightning speed, as she drew her blade and began to move against the enemy. Kai was engaged with the enemy, but she figured striking at the right moment might have the chance of turning the tide in their favor.

Click to reveal..

(OOC: Init: 25)

(21:39:02) ChatBot: (Sakura) rolls 2d6 and gets 4,5.

Skye stepped back to let the fresher fighters take the field. She wasn't stepping out, but she wasn't going to go toe-to-toe with these ficken aschlochs anymore if someone else was better equipped to handle it.

She needed time - time to restore her power. Just holding back and regenerating her shield would help her survive this fight - and for her, that was what this had become: a fight for her life.

Click to reveal..
Not sure I'm doing this right, but Skye is going to Total Defense for her dodges and regenerating her FF three times. If she can do this, her FF will become 11.

EP Spent: 320

Total HP lost: 340 – 10 (Regeneration 2) = 330

Dodges: 2d6=11, 2d6=9, 2d6=8, 2d6=4, 2d6=7

Dodge #1: 32

Dodge #2: 26

Dodge #3: 25

Dodge #4: 21

Dodge #5: 24

*final totals include the +3 for Total Defense (pg 144)

Hizashi zeroed in on the two weakest in current combat effectiveness of the remaining warriors, Dashing in at both of them with uncannily accurate attacks.

To Lily and Skye, The black-sword wielding Captain was the end, their lives would end at the edge of his blade. Skye actually dodged the first of his attacks, but the two that followed struck her squarely in strokes that were infinitely fatal. Before anyone could move, Hizashi loomed over Lily, slashing at her and connecting, ending the Dalaraan royal line for good.

Or so he thought. There wasn't a mark on either of them, though he'd clearly struck them both at least twice.

There was a grunt between them, and Kai faltered and fell to one knee. He began to cough blood, His body wracked with pain. "What manner of trickery is this? They should be mine now."

"Never doubt my commitment to my friends..." the young Skeleton Key nodded and coughed more blood.

Masane reacted before anyone, Her black armor changing to red, her red hair to white, as she grew a second blade and engaged Hizashi full on, throwing the Head Captain on the defensive. The demonic origin of the witchblade was obvious as her body sprouted blades and even her hair was a weapon slashing and tearing first at one Captain, then the other. She snarled and hissed,her eyes showing she was reveling in the battle, nearly in a state of unbridled Frenzy.

Hizashi and Takashi were only momentarily taken back by her onslaught, and both connected at least once with her. Once again, despite two strikes, there was no damage. Takashi looked to Kai. "If it weren't for you it would all be mine. It is time for you to DIE!!!"

For Sakura, the sacrifices that Kai was making, even though they were not fully visible, were more then enough to touch her heart. Several members of the team were in considerable pain, and difficulty, but she thought she could do something about that. First to increase her speed, and she called upon the Zeal of her spirit, in the moment, to increase her speed even further. All six of her wings unfold as she suddenly moves with incredible speed, covering great distances in an instant.

Next, to see of her defenses, sense she would most likely need them, as she drew once more upon her connection to the force she called the Eternal Light, and activated her defensive magic's. 'Heaven's Radiant Defense! Armor of Light! Shield of Avalon! In that instant, radiant energy surrounded her, giving her a look as though she was bathed in shining light.

Next, she saw to aiding her allies, moving to Kai and using her spirit to strengthen his. "Kai... Hold on, we're with you." She reached out and touched his spirit with hers an instant, and let her spirit flow though with the depth of her mercy and compassion, healing a measure of his hurts with the strength of her own spirit.

Next to make her attacks, though for all of her speed in this moment, there was only so much she could do in one moment, so she called upon the power of her blade. "Crimson Flower, Blossom, Dance of Blossoms, unfold." As she spoke, the sword unfolded to become much more deadly then before, and the power of the blade seemed to unfold within her very spirit.

Rising up into the air she then dove down upon and descending with incredible speed, she dived upon Hizashi, for several strikes, ascending and descending, and finally calling upon her inner spirit as she did on her last 2 attacks, unfolding with the strength and passion of her calling, and enhancing her attack with the force of that passion.

Click to reveal..

360 Energy, 360 Health

40 Energy To activate Zeal, now have 5 total Attacks

First Action: 40 Energy for Shield of Avalon, 20 Energy to use Mercy on Kai (Restore 30% of Health), 20 Energy to Use Mercy on Kai again (Now 60% of Health Restored)

Second Action: Blossom Crimson Flower, Activate Dance of Blossoms

Third Action: Dive Attack, (10:03:18) ChatBot: (Sakura) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,3. Total 5 + ACV of 18 = 23

On the Attack (267 Damage if it gets through defenses)

Fourth Action: Dive Attack, with 35 Energy to Passion(10:04:49) ChatBot: (Sakura) rolls 2d6 and gets 6,3. Total 9 + ACV of 18 = 27

On the Attack (534 Damage if it gets through defenses)

Fifth Action: Dive Attack, with 35 Energy to Passion, (08:17:58) ChatBot: (Sakura) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,6. Total 9 + ACV of 18 = 27

Activate Guard [80 Energy]]

On the Attack (534 Damage if it gets through defenses)

Defenses: (10:06:44) ChatBot: (Sakura) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,3. 5 + DCV of 18 = 23

(10:06:50) ChatBot: (Sakura) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,2. 7 + DCV of 18 = 25

(10:06:56) ChatBot: (Sakura) rolls 2d6 and gets 6,6. 12 Pefection

(10:07:02) ChatBot: (Sakura) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,3. 8 + DCV of 18 = 26

Energy Remaining: 100]

Sakura's healing of him made Kai smile, and Then she was gone laying into the head Captain, though her first attack missed, the others hit, illiciting a grunt from him as his black blood fell upon the floor. Takashi snarled and turned to aid him. He moved so fast, his first strike would have hit, and did, yet It was Kai who grunted. A chance bought with blood, She actually dodged all three of his follow-up attacks.

"I always hated you Asrai, especially bastard halfbreeds, All the power of humanity, with your stinking perfection and grace, Makes me sick."

"Excuse me", said Kazuo, his voice dripping sarcastic indifference as he pushed himself between Takashi and Sakura. "You're in my way, dumbass."

Kazuo's wings were back to being formed entirely out of razor-sharp adamantine blades that floated, seemingly under their own power, in tight, wing-shaped formations of pure lethality. One of his wings - the one on Takashi's side - was whirling in a tightly wound spiral formation; the blades that made up the wing's tip spiraling outwards in a tight arc and then coming back in just as tightly to replace the blades that made up the joint of the wing as the root-blades arced out and away to replace the tip-blades and keep the whole spiral going. The result was, effectively, a two-meter wide buzz saw comprised of hundreds of lethal blades all traveling at nearly supersonic speeds.

The scarred Japanese Asrai (whatever the fuck an Asrai was) barely seemed to acknowledge Takashi, making it look as though he was simply trusting the overwhelming onslaught of his attack to at least partially connect with the bastard. This wasn't the case, of course, but Kazuo hoped the idiot would fall for it and attempt to take advantage of the 'gaping hole in his defense'.

While Takashi dealt with a whirlwind of blades, Kazuo turned his attention on Hizashi. His one good eye fixed balefully on the older man and all he said was, "You fucked with the wrong Lunar Priestess, asshole."

And with that, Kazuo's other wing whipped itself out like a gigantic chain made entirely out of wickedly curved swords. The 'whip' moved with impossible speed, quickly wrapping itself around Hizashi entirely and then, just as it had him fully bound within its lethal coils, Kazuo made a slight jerking motion with his shoulder and the entire thing snapped back with even greater speed. The effect, of course, was that the blades of the 'whip' were dragged with brutal force and speed across all three-hundred-and-sixty degrees of Hizashi's torso mercilessly and inescapably.

Almost as an afterthought, Kazuo glanced back at Takashi and suddenly the 'buzz saw' of his other wing unwound as though a catch had just been released on a tightly-coiled spring and several hundred lethal blades suddenly swung out in a wide arc aimed directly at Takashi's neck. "And you can just go fuck yourself on principle", Kazuo commented.

Click to reveal..
Attack 1 (the 'Buzz Saw' attack against Takashi): (00:08:14) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,4. 20 + 6 = 26, plus a -3 penalty to Takashi's Defense for the Spreading Variable the Guillotine is making use of at the moment.

Attack 2 (the 'Whip' attack against Hizashi): No roll. Using Last Resort: body stat +5 for determining movement, double damage, attack will not miss, avoid one attack.

Attack 3 (the second 'Whip' attack, against Takashi: (00:08:18) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,2. 20 + 5 = 25, plus -3 to Takashi's Defense for Spreading.

Defense 1: (00:44:23) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 2d6 and gets 4,3. 21 + 7 = 28.

Defense 2: (00:44:26) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,1. 21 + 6 = 27.

Defense 3: (00:44:28) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 2d6 and gets 6,5. 21 + 11 = 32.

Defense 4: (00:44:31) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 2d6 and gets 3,6. 21 + 9 = 30.

Defense 5: (00:44:32) ChatBot: (Centimane) rolls 2d6 and gets 5,1. 21 + 6 = 27.

Note: Long, I rolled all five of his Defensive Actions just to get it out of the way in case it was needed. However, note that Last Resort allows him to dodge one attack automatically. Furthermore, if either Hizashi or Takashi attempts to attack him in return, he will use Reflection and turn it right back on them instead. However, since Spirit Commands can only be used once in a given round and since Hizashi and Takashi both have plenty of attacks per turn themselves, I've included the other Defensive rolls for you to use as needed.

EP Spent: -80 EP for Last Resort. Another -70 EP if he ends up using Reflection. So between -80 and -150 to his EP.

Guillotine Stats: Flight: 0 ranks, Shield: 14 ranks (+14 to Defense), Space Flight: 0 ranks, Weapon: 42 ranks, Accurate +3, Homing +6, Incurable +3 (damage can't be healed, so suck it hardcore, H & T!), Muscle +1, Range +1, Selective +1, Spreading +3, Backblast -1.

Base Damage: 518 HP (Last Resort doubles this 1,036HP)

Whether it was a misjudgement on his part or not, The storm of blades pared away flesh all over takashi, as the whip attack tore great gaping wounds into Hizashi. In a stunning move the second attack against Takashi actually sliced off his left arm at the elbow illiciting a scream of pain from demonic Captain.

Anger and hate flooded his features, but then an Icy calm as he looked at his severed limb. "Next time."

he moved next to Hizashi, who was breathing hard, his ribs actually exposed in some locations. "You win this round, but next time Asrai, I'll watch you burn in agony."

Then the two Captains were gone, leaving the team alone on the ship.

It was so anticlimactic, Kai turned to the others, then moved to valerie's fallen form. They hadn't escaped unscathed. "we need to get her to the Macross. Someone call them and get me an open door in the medbay!"

Archived