Aberrant: Stargate Universe - Home Movies

Rorx

"Well damn."

Aradia sat back, looking a bit startled at the revelation. She had noticed the indentation too, though Yseult had been the first to point it out. After a moment, she bit her lip nervously. The necklace was still back in her room - after all, it had been her that her grandfather had entrusted it to, not the U.S. Military. But now she was concerned about it's safety, and the thought of handing it over to officials made her even more uncomfortable.

"So.. I think if you guys'll excuse me, I should put it somewhere no one is going to look for it. Somewhere safe. After all.. people have a tendancy to go missing on this base, I wouldn't put a lot of money on the same thing not happening to important objects."

Her eyes flicked to Cam's, as he was the one with real rank in the room. They practically dared him to contradict her, though she waited patiently, as if she was at least pretending to care about his permission.

Kyria bit her lip, her mind going over the footage and the vision she had had. "I think that pyramid was in my vision, too." She pinched the bridge of her nose and then rubbed her eyes, frustrated with the vagueness of her vision. "Maybe."

"So, what do we want to do now? I'd like to get a look at the library for myself, so my vote would be a spelunking mission back to the planet for a bit. Let us get a grip on at least the nature and extent of the Library and see if we can't trip over something useful while we're there."

Yseult gave Kyria a nod and a faint smile. "I concur, your vision did indicate an pyramid, and the Library of Ra seems to be the most prominent one that we are aware of, but I did not want to jump to conclusions... I had enough with the 'keys'"

"I too, would like a look at this Library, Cameron. I am wondering if we have access to any devices that would indicate any usual power sources within the Library, something that could reveal any hidden circuits." Yseult's smile held commiseration as she turned to the Colonel. "I am sorry to have sown distrust among your team, but I think this a very valid concern."

Gwyn nods, "Yeah, lots of people want to see it, but if I remember correctly we are limited to two people inside the library and a couple more at the Gate room at any one time?"

He turns to Cam and Olivia, "Am I remembering that correctly?"

Cam nodded, "Yeah, I think they are a little afraid of us. They've decreed that we can only have two personnel in the library at a time. I think it is also about limiting how much information we can gather at any one time. The less info we can acquire in a given period of time the longer we will 'need' them. As for determining circuitry I can do that, or Steve could. We can sense electronics and the Goa'uld equivalent. That should be enough to decide if they are keys to something."

Gwyn grins, "It would serve them right if we sent in Olivia and Yseult here. Between them they could probably memorise a surprising chunk of the place each day they were there. Although we'd have to have some heavy backup at the gate pyramid in case they took objection to the ladies I guess."

Yseult grinned back Gwyn, graciously nodding her head at the compliment. "Thank-you, Gwyn. I should mention, that as of late, I seem to be able to process visual information at a tremendous rate. Coupled with an eidetic memory, I am almost embarrassed to say how many words per minute with 100% comprehension I can now achieve."

Yseult turned to Cam, expanding on what she meant about circuits. "I am more concerned with if by sensing the possible circuitry, you can determine if the Library of Ra is in fact, a ship."

Cam thought about it but shook his head, "No, good as Yseult and Olivia are, and myself I might add, there is a problem with that idea. We can input the information far faster than we can transfer it to another format. It would be better to to send in two people with camcorders or scanners, which is what the SGC is doing I believe. They can't take in the info as fast but it's instantly transferable to the computers when they return."

Addressing Yseult's comment, "Yeah, I definitely want to find that out. I don't think it is a ship, but there has to be some circuitry, and I'm wondering what that does. Maybe it opens up a secret chamber or something."

Gwyn chips in, "I'm pretty certain it isn't a ship. For one thing it's just too damn big at a number of times the size of a Mothership. Secondly, in our conversation with the Brethren One commented that if they were attacked Ra had rigged the place with a massive explosive. One big enough to probably take out the planet as it was designed to take out the Gate, adding it's Naqudah effect to the blast. There would be less need to do that if it was a ship capable of leaving the scene of an attack."

Archived