Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): In the Shadows of the City - Chapter 4 Session 2: What Remains...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kenichi was worried about Skye, he summoned all of his strength to try and jump infront of Skye to protect her, but as he was distracted trying it out he got clipped on the side by the Panzer demon's claw.

He was sent flying back several feet, a gaping claw wound on his side, some of his ribs were exposed and as he fell face first from the shock of the blow he held onto his side, and he could feel the fire inside him starting to surface.

"Look, I don't want to die here but I swear ritual suicide awaits you if you let any of this people get hurt!" Kenichi screamed this as fiercely as he could as his body mass started to shift and bone growths broke through the back of his shirt, his body transforming into the terrible half-oni form that he had inherited.

Red skin, and white hair where the first apparent signs as his muscles grew disproportionately and a long whip-like tail ending in a razor edged spike started twitching and swinging behind him, he roared at the Panzer as his wounds started to close by themselves slowly but surely.

Click to reveal..

(Delayed action, Justin could you post the initiative order so I know where I fall now?)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2281917/

Defense 17

Jim once again fails to dodge the claws of the panzer, grunting in pain and spinning from the impact despite most of the damage being absorbed by the shield. Using the momentum he continues the spin and uses it for the first of his retalitory attacks against the Panzer, the other being a cut at it's torso.

Click to reveal..

Defence roll +5

(20:57:00) ChatBot: (Jim) rolls 2d6 and gets 2,5.+5 = 12 Fail

1st attack +10

(20:57:03) ChatBot: (Jim) rolls 2d6 and gets 1,4.+10 = 15

Holytouch

2nd attack +10

(20:57:11) ChatBot: (Jim) rolls 2d6 and gets 6,2.+10 = 18

Created sword - 82 damage if he hits.

Hidden behind Keiko's field, and her own, Skye felt safe and invincible. A wide, crazy grin split her face as she kept her forcefield up with one hand and threw the Northern Wind with the other.

It was so fortunately thrown. The arch of the blow came just as the Demon Lord took a step back - right into the blast. It slammed into her and made her reel to the side. Skye grinned her pleasure as she brought her fan around for the next attack.

Click to reveal.. (Rolls)
Skye's Northern Wind Attack: 21

Demon Lord Botched (as per Justin)

Damage, critical: 120

Skye's Defenses: 16 on the first, 12 on the second.

Force Field: 32, hers and Keiko's loses 4 points each when Skye was shot at.

The after effects of Keiko's previous attack made themselves known as the Panzer's all vanished in a storm of light as they were finally purified.

The Demon Lord was encased in ice, by skye's attack and a quick look of the field found her weakened, frozen and outnumbered.

The ice began to crack, and shards began flying off as she Began to break Free.

They could continue to chip away at her and possibly kill her, or Try and seal her now.

Click to reveal..
(OOC you may continue to attack her or the Priestess can try to seal her now.

You will both need to Roll 2d6 + Mind (DC 12)

Then 2d6+Soul (DC 15)

The ritual sealing involes the appearance of an arachic seal, and the Demon Lord being bound into it. The final result is a small Engraved Coin With the Demon's true name. if this coin is lost the Demon Lord can be unsealed.)

Keiko gasped as the ice trapped the demon lord...startled, but seeing an opportunity.

"Skye! Remember the ritual! We have to do it now!"

She hurries over to the horrid form of the Orochi's head, now bound in ice, and places her palms together..

"Spirits of light, hear my prayer. Goddess of sun and moon lend us your grace and power, that the Devouring Serpent may be bound once more in the ages under the earth!"

Lines of golden force radiated out like the spokes of a bike wheel from the demon lord, the light refracting madly through the ice it was trapped in. Slowly it spread around, forming a circular mandala with the demon in the center, and arcane sigils scribbled in the spaces between the lines. But to anyone who knew what to look for, the emblem was incomplete. Phrases were missing, and there were places where the golden lines were broken, as if to make way for a whole other set of lines currently not there.

Keiko nodded to Skye.

(Binding ceremony! 13 on Mind roll, 17 on Soul! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2293620/ )

Skye had been taught the ritual, but unlike Keiko, she hadn't been trained for this her whole life. Stepping next to Keiko, she put her hands out, too. But when she spoke, it wasn't quite as well done as Keiko's.

"Spears... spirits! Spirits of night, hear my plea. Goddess of sun and moon, help us bind the demon-thing under the earth!"

That hadn't sounded right, even to her, but Skye pushed on, hoping she hadn't just messed everything up. Silver light began to fill the mandala, but would it be enough?

Click to reveal..
Skye's Mind Roll (+2 from 20 ep): 9

Skye's Soul Roll (+2 from 20 ep): 18

The sealing went off almost without a hitch. In the end they were left with only a small coin inscribed with the compete sigil of sealing. It wasn't until a moment later that Skye realized something was wrong. She could still hear the demon Lord's raging voice. Even sealed, the Lord was speaking to her now.

"You think sealing me is enough? My bretheren will come and release me you wind taming bitch, then I'll make sure everything important to you is dust and ash befor I devour you heart..." That was the most polite thing said.

Oh. Of course this is what would happen. Skye wasn't really surprised. The demons seemed to have it in for her personally, or perhaps she had some tie to them she wasn't aware possessing. Either way, this was going to be annoying.

"Keiko, the binding was... flawed," Skye said in a too-calm voice. "I can hear the demon conversing with me." She addressed the coin. "For your information, you have already taken all the important things from me. So, bring it on, bitch."

Keiko crossed through the puddle that had gathered in the place where the demon lord had been and gave Skye a curious, worried look.

"That shouldn't be possible," she protested. "Let me see the coin. Maybe it's just because you're holding it."

Kaori sighed as Onimaru clicked into it's sheath. "Which is why we should have just killed the wretched filth, but no, as always you choose the path of mercy. When it breaks free and devours more souls, the blood is on your hands priestesses, and since it was your bonding that was flawed it will be your responsibility to meet her in battle again, not ours."

She walked off, clutching her chest but showing no visible signs of pain. "Either way, let us not tarry about this place, inspection and conversation are best put off until we are on safer ground."

Jim looks to check on the status of the others as he dissolves the created sword, leaving Holytouch in his right hand.

"I thought we needed to Seal them whether we killed them or not, otherwise they would just come back again in a number of days?" He looks to Keiko for comment as he turns to start walking after Kaori.

"Yes," Keiko agreed, "they can't BE killed, not while Orochi is rising. And the only way to stop him from doing that is to seal the heads. Killing the lords only delays their plans..."

She paused and looked worriedly at Skye. "We need to get you and the coin back to the temple. I'm sure the priests will know why you can still hear the demon."

The Ogre turned and looked a the scene, when he came to be he only saw three girls holding a coin speaking amongst themselves, on the background there was a single man walking to them with a large shining sword on his hand.

Looking at the scene, The Ogre wondered why his weak counterpart summoned him out, did he want to get rid of the girls? Was he weakly damaged and ran like a coward? Too much thinking for The Ogre.

The Ogre fell on his back, probably collapsing parts of the floor and promptly went to sleep, not intending on giving back his body to his other part until he felt like it.

Jim turns at the sound of Kenichi-Ogre hitting the floor, initially concerned he hurries towards him but soon slows down when the first stenorous snore rattles the room.

"Come on Kenichi, get your flabby arse up. I'm not going to carry you."

Not getting any responce, Jim prods him in the elbow with one foot, while keeping an eye on the bladed tail.

"Rise and shine Kenichi, fights over, but this is not a safe place to sleep."

"Leave the beast." Kaori said coldly, not even turning around to acknowledge it. "It'll find it's way home, or not at all. Either way we don't have time to waste on it. The others will know one has fallen, and without all of them they can not reform. Rest assured, their retribution will be swift."

With a sudden jerk of her arm she tore the sleeve from her kendogi, folded it once to thicken the cloth, and then pressed it firmly to the wounds she'd received from the Demon Lord. "Now let's stop wasting time."

Jim shrugs and turns away from the Ogre after a final prod, "A fair point Kaori-san. Although if there is a siginificant possibility of running into another Lord on the way home perhaps it would be an idea for you to pause long enough for Keiko to heal that wound up. Then we would have a better chance against anything we might meet on the way home."

Keiko twisted to watch Kaori, then reached out to pluck at Skye's sleeve. "We'd better go. Don't worry about the coin for now. I'm sure the priests can tell us what to do to fix it."

She hurries after Kaori then, trying to catch up so she can heal the other girl's injury.

Archived