Mutants & Masterminds: Legacy - Legacy OOC

Joani

Nixx, your Green Man PC is very interesting and cool! I just wanted to say I'm really enjoying reading about him.

Arcana, your PC is interesting too. You guys are both doing a great job on your thread.

oh, and a belated welcome to the Legacy game.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay Joani, how do you want this to work? You mentioned a DC20 roll, but I dont know if that's a skill (eg: Technology) or an attribute, or a power.

Similarly, we clearly don't want the core to explode while we're busy with demons. Can Echo set it up on a timer? Perhaps additionally then fuse the panel so it can't be shut off again...

Also, bear in mind that Echo has a bonus of +20 in Technology, so a DC 20 check with that is something she'd make automatically, even on a natural 1. smile

Did I say 20? I meant 40 of course +cough+

No, seriously - Your DC is 30. And you may roll using your Technology Skill.

Echo can set up a timer and everything else she comes up with as long as you beat the DC wink Just don't turn it into a time-machine or something.

First of all, I wish you a merry Christmas. It is likely I have less time over the holidays but I'll try to squeeze in an update but I can't promise.

I hope you all spent some wonderful days with your families and I'll be back for sure on monday 27th.

Yours merrily

Joani

Okay. It's kind of complicated.

First, divide the fleet into four quarters, each one flying alongside the remaining fragment in a 'cross' formation...one each of above and below and to either side. The biggest, baddest battleship left will fly ahead of the asteroid. The Invincible and PC's will fly behind it.

Second, Echo will use Invent, extra effort, and a hero point (and Technology roll) to concoct a way to adapt the artificial gravity generators of the fleet into 'gravity beams' that can exert force on the asteroid.

Third, the ritual is done again, but this time the gateway it opens is placed AHEAD of the fragment, in open space. Echo believes that whatever interfered with the rift the first time was able to do so because the gateway opened directly on the prison itself. Opening it at a distance will make it harder to interfere with (she hopes).

Fourth, the 'Enemy' will probably try to move the asteroid away from collision course with the Rift. The fleet employs its gravity generatos to counter this. The PC's use their powers to accelerate the asteroid towards the Rift. This lets us use the asteroids momentum to our advantage, and forces the Enemy to fight the asteroid's considerable inertia in its attempt to divert it.

Fifth, the battleship will bombard the prison with missiles, bombs, lasers...whatever it has. Echo suspects that whatever entity is behind this is located in the prison, and it will be forced to protect that site. This will serve as a distraction, reducing the effectiveness of its ability to try to interfere with the rift, and/or move the asteroid.

Finally, just before the asteroid intersects the rift, the fleet breaks off and jets to safety. The PC's keep pushing until it's through.

Wow, nice idea Smax. Lets hear it from the others. I understand your intention of not stealing more light from the others but if you got an awesome idea I wouldn't stop you from trying to execute it. Maybe the others csn add something to it and thus making it a teameffort (which it already is in my book) and Echo currently has 4 HP available, you should be spending those rather sooner than later. That's just my GM view on it.

CC's idea has also its merit - I can see both work out or a combination of both.

Good thinking there Smax, makes me feel I'm doing something right smile

Since I haven't read any objections or other ideas concerning the asteroid I will take Smax's idea and work it into my next update. I hope you're all fine with that and in case you've been wondering. I'm not trying to screw you up - I think you're doing a great job!

Now let me get to work smile

Archived