Mutants & Masterminds: The Indigo Children - Teenage Mutant Ninja Table Talk

jameson (ST)

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PP gain for the aborted chapter 2 has been posted, Dom also received a "catch up bonus". Updated the Bank limit (now 5 PP)

Please get all purchases and the updated character sheets to me no later than Noon EST on August 10.

Forge I can help you with Dom if you need it, just let me know.

Originally Posted By: jameson (ST)

In general I will give people 10 days Real Time to PM me their PP spends and get approval for those spends. In addition, moving forward I will only allow you to bank PPs in the amount of your last PP gain. So if you earn 5 PP for Chapter 1 and later earn 6 for Chapter 2, at the end of the 10 day buy period you must spend down to 6 PPs un-spent.

Hello Jameson,

can you explain me the reasoning for this? I fail to understand this ruling of yours.

Thanks for feedback.

Which ruling? The bank or the time limit on spends?

Re: time limit - I gave only 7 days this time out because I handed out Exp on a Monday and I felt that 1 week would be easiest.

Re: Bank limit - I'm enforcing a limit because I do not want people to save up tons of PP and then suddenly have a huge boost upgrade. I also want to try and keep all the PCs on a mostly even level so that things roll forward the way I want them to in a more meta sense. Also because I'm the GM and this is how I want to run it.

Fair enough. I have no way of telling when a player is making the PC make a mistake and I have seen entire plot thread go 180º from where they were intended because of unintentional PC/player misinterpretation. My comment was for clarity to the players (which is why it was done here and not IC through Raph)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, unless I see something to the contrary I'm going to assume that you all go back to the boathouse to retrieve the camera?

I'm a bit busier than normal this week (any indeed probably the rest of the month) but I'll try to get an update out soon.

On a related note, I have a surgery later this month that will take me out for at the very least a couple of weeks so after the 28th my posting and my visits to the site will be nill until I recover.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: SalmonMax
(OOC - Search: 18)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2287227/

(OOC - Search, or Notice? There's some overlap between the two, conceptually...)

The way I read it and play by Notice and Search are basically the same idea, the character sensing something important. The difference in play is that Search is active and Notice is reflexive. Basically if you all walk into a room and I need to see if you catch something immediately I roll notice for you. Search is something you choose to do, takes longer, and of course keys off a different stat.

Basically in the current scene you all are searching, you are actively watching for trouble and/or persons/objects of interest. Had there been something I needed to determine if you saw from the moment you arrived I would have rolled Notice for you all and told those who needed to know ... which isn't to say that I didn't ;):D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived