Mutants in the World of Darkness

Stargaizer

Ok, I've found what I think is the single best mutant game. From what I can tell, it's basically a homegrown mutant game, based Marvel mutants. It's simply called "Mutantkind in the World of Darkness."

It's free, and I've put it online at the following link:

http://boxstr.com/files/2919344_bpoau/mutant.zip

I love this system, and I would really love to play a game or two in it. Unfortunately I cannot GM a game. Any takers?

• 4 months later...

copied from the other thread

Quote:
Ok, if no one here wants to try and run a game... then... even though I'm not the best of ST's (I still say that I don't have that particular gene)... I'll try and run one.

Is there anybody who would be willing to try this system with me as the ST?

Setting would be real-world ish, not WoD. The stereotypical good guy team vs. the bad guy team. I don't know how to explain it much more than that, it'd be based off of the homegrown world that first introduced me to gaming.

Oh, and I'd only be able to handle 3 or 4 players... maybe up to 5 or 6 if I could get one of the grand ST's here to help me.

This'll be the thread for any interested.

Ok, so that looks like three that I've had give me an ok, one more?

A little more setting info/char gen:

This, at least in the beginning, will be a bit of a coming of age, so I'd prefer teen/twenty-ish, though we could discuss it if you really want to be older. You can pick your starting powers but you won't have them at start, you'll get them in-game. Thus merits and flaws (any that are applicable from any WW game) and backgrounds should be chosen accordingly. Any of the above that deal with powers, I'll deal with on a case by case basis.

As far as chargen house rules, I'm nixing the actual power level. I believe that it's just another number to keep up with, and it tends to gum up the works. Don't worry about APL (base power charge is equal to the highest bought power level, or 3, whichever is larger. You may increase regularly). Also The primary/secondary/tertiary powers, don't worry about it. Treat everything as if it's primary. I've found that the classification system he uses, can make a unified theme span 2 or even all three categories. So don't worry about those two things; should make book keeping a little easier.

As I said, broad theme is good guy team vs. bad guy team, so I would like everybody to be at least a marginally good guy, or at very least someone who could fairly easily defect to the good guys.

Characters don't have to have any common background, or even a common starting location, though I would prefer everybody to start out in the U.S.

Game will be real-world-ish... hopefully it'll get to the point of epic, sweeping adventures/missions/consequences. As such, there may be some four-color in it, but it should be limited if it creeps in.

Lastly, sinking plot-hooks into your character during creation could net you some extra points; ask me and I'll let you know. Anything that'll fit into my vision and help make things more interesting.

Early twenty martial Artist - Physcial Adept type powers - boosted stats/speed armour? optional lethality from precision technique and/or speed.

Los Alamos/Santa Fe area of New Mexico, since its the only part of the US I've visited in person (for work meetings).

Originally Posted By: Stargaizer
As far as chargen house rules, I'm nixing the actual power level. I believe that it's just another number to keep up with, and it tends to gum up the works. Don't worry about APL (base power charge is equal to the highest bought power level, or 3, whichever is larger. You may increase regularly).
So Power Potential can be increased after char-gen?

EDIT: And someone is going to have to tell me which abilities are Skills, Knowledges, & Talents (or just which book this is out of).

"You may increase regularly" was in reference to the power charge, you may increase that with xp.

I hadn't thought about allowing PP to be increased, but with what I have in mind, it might be a possibility. I may allow it, but it won't be easy.

That being said, I'm going to increase the starting PP to 5 and reduce the freebie cost to 1 to increase PP.

Also, if you check the other thread, I outlined all the talents, skills and knowledges that were on the character sheet that I had. Basically you can pull any applicable (driving or melee would be the same, but no vampire lore for example) one from any of the WW sourcbooks that you might have.

Thank you Stargaizer.

Quote:
Actually, I'll go ahead and give the list here, just for completeness' sake.

Talents:

Alertness, Athletics, Blindfight, Brawl, Diplomacy, Dodge, Empathy, Expression, Fine control, Instruction, Intimidation, Intuition, Search, Sense Decep., Sensuality, Streetwise, Stun Man., Style, Subterfuge, Swimming, Tracking

Skills:

Acrobatics, Animal Ken, Climbing, Directed Blast, Disguise, Drive, Etiquette, Fast-Draw, Firearms, Leadership, Meditation, Melee, Missiles, Performance, Pilot, Repair, Security, Stealth, Survival, Technology

Knowledge:

Area Know., Bureaucracy, Computer, Culture, Enigmas, Genetics, Herbalism, History, Investigation, Law, Linguistics, Magic Lore, Medicine, Mutant Lore, Occult, Poisons, Politics, Powers Lore, Science, Sewer Lore, Theology

Most of these I recognize, but "Intuition", "Sensuality" (Seduction?), and "Stun Man." will need a little more description. Also I don't see a "Martial Arts" skill, is everything that's not weaponed "Brawl"?

Ok, what I'm going to say about these is: if you can't find it in a sourcebook (as in an explanation of what it is), then don't worry about it, it won't come into play. Conversely, if you can find something in another sourcebook that you don't see here, feel free to add it.

You're correct, everything that's not weaponed is technically 'Brawl', however, MA is a something special and more trained/focused. So, if you want boxing, kickboxing, streetfighting, or anything similar, take 'Brawl', but those ranks would only count half towards anything Martial Arts related. The converse is true as well, if you want Karate, Judo, Kenpo or anything like that, take MA (and specify which type), but those ranks would only count half towards 'brawl'ing.

That work for everyone?

correct, but the beginning of that section specifically states "If you are interested in expanded rules for the Martial Arts skill (as it differs from Brawl)"

Personally, I like to try and keep it simple, so no expanded rules, for MA or Firearms (which is just after).

If it's un-weaponed, it defaults to Brawl, unless specifically Martial Arts related. Also, dots in one, because of certian similarities, count half towards the other, I'll say to a max of 3.

Is that ok for all?

copied from the other thread

Ok, if no one here wants to try and run a game... then... even though I'm not the best of ST's (I still say that I don't have that particular gene)... I'll try and run one.

Is there anybody who would be willing to try this system with me as the ST?

Setting would be real-world ish, not WoD. The stereotypical good guy team vs. the bad guy team. I don't know how to explain it much more than that, it'd be based off of the homegrown world that first introduced me to gaming...

The 'in the WoD' in the title simply means that this system should be compatible with other WW/WoD games, not that it has to be, or is even supposed to be set there. As such, this isn't. And remember:

...as you're writing up the backstories, that you're not starting the game with powers, and in fact the world at large has no idea that people with powers even exist...

and

...Game will be real-world-ish... hopefully it'll get to the point of epic, sweeping adventures/missions/consequences. As such, there may be some four-color in it, but it should be limited if it creeps in.

Lastly, sinking plot-hooks into your character during creation could net you some extra points; ask me and I'll let you know. Anything that'll fit into my vision and help make things more interesting...

I think what he means is that just because your using the 'real-world' doesn't mean it's the World of Darkness, you're just going to be using the Storyteller System.

Can't really tell. He's wasn't particularly clear the first time he posted the above, so I'm not sure how quoting was supposed to make it more enlightening. ;P

And My character is submitted and approved. Meet the QB for the football team, Will (or William, or Bill, or Billy). And who ever thought of also joining the team, I'm all in favor of that. It'd make getting the characters together easier.

As stated before Will is mostly a Brawler... but he also has Passive Empathy.

FYI, Ally Cat is JustinOOC.

What I can do, is that after Courier and Joani, the next person to get me at least part of a character sheet gets the spot. That means that Rorx, you can take your time, and if no one else wants it, and you get the time (and still want it) you can have it, but if someone else is more eager, they can have it.

Fair enough?

Meaning, recruting is now OPEN for the first person who gives me at least part of a character sheet (at least a basic background and some numbers).

Originally Posted By: Rorx
SG, I'm not really getting the time I need to sort this out, probably be best if I drop out, especially if there are others eager to go with it. Sorry about that. frown

Hey Rorx, I hope you change your mind, would love to see you in this game.

Archived