Aberrant: The Middle Children of History - Fight The Good Fight!

Help Bastion fight the good fight. In his drunken haze Bastion's views of heroics are incredibly skewed. Instead of fighting crime he fights human stupidity. As you may have guessed he's out gunned. Post ideas you have for shit that annoys you about people or things in this world and I'll try to use it in a fiction.

If yours is selected you don't get a damn thing.

So far we have:

People who talk on their phones while driving. (Velvet)

People who bring babies into rated R movies...then won't take them out when they freak? (Lily)

People who dress their dogs in sweater, or carry them in special handbags. (Carver)

Show me whatchu got people! grin

People who talk on their cell phones when driving, standing in public lines (when talking loudly), or sitting in doctors' waiting rooms.

People who tailgate when they could pass.

People who chew tobacco (so...gross....).

Ummm....mean people?

On the other hand, good looking men usually just want sex. Women use their powers of sexuality to climb in social status (ie its more common I think for women to "marry up" though I have no hard facts on this) and to achieve financial security. yes i realize I may be horribly horribly naive and ignorant in saying such things so please dont flame me. I know there are "sugar-momma" types out ther e that men can use for such things...but even still I would think in such cases the woman is still the one holding the power in the relationship...

Originally Posted By: The_Fool
In my experience men are usually just arrogant asses (which yes is just as bad) while women use their beauty and the effect it has as a weapon.

This isn't the place for that; suggest things for Bastion's list and start another thread if you want to convince me that a good looking guy has never used that against me.

So, for another thing: skinny people who complain of being fat

I did...however I shall rephrase my suggestion:

Arrogant people (of either sex) who think they are so important or entitled that they can get away with all manner of unpleasentness.

(Im not going to start another thread for such things carver...I will say in defense of my point of view however that I work in an upscale day spa and have seen the bitchiest of model-type women come through and act entitled and bitchy and it was that image I had in mind with my initial post. No offense intended. I hope none taken...)

Proof positive that people will find anything and everything to bitch about.

Fact is you're both right, equally. Human beings are a shitty, backstabbing, filthy, murderous, conniving, and pathetic lot.

All of them. It's called Human Nature. Thank you for the illumination into the "I'm Right! No, I'm Right!" Zone.

Now, back to the topic, please.

People who let their children scream/run rampant in stores, restaurants, etc.

People who are clearly not handicapped, but park in handicapped spaces just to be near the entrance.

Slow drivers who refuse to move out of the fast lane.

People who carry on conversations at maximum possible volume in crowded places.

People who count their pennies at the checkout.

People who leave their shopping cart in a parking place.

People with flaky car alarms that go off at 3am... over and over. Also, in this same vein, people who drive around at 3am with a stereo worth more than the sum total of the parts in their car thumping bass that registers on the Richter Scale.

People with obnoxious ringtones in public (usually professional) places, e.g. the doctor's office.

People who "smack" their gum while talking.

There are probably more, but it's late.

People who are Hypocrites

People who have health insurance, but would rather use Medicaid, to pay for their medical. (I have seen this happen. Sometimes they don't even know that they have private health insurance, even though they pay it out of their paychecks...this brings me to the next one.)

Stupid people

People who can't think for themselves. (They are not always stupid)

People who base public policies based on emotions and not reason.

People who litter

Helecoptor parents (Parents who attack the teachers when their kids don't get perfect grades, or when their kids are disciplined in school.)

Fashion Slaves

Parents who don't discipline their kids

People who drive SUV's and then complain how much is costs to fill their tanks.

Originally Posted By: Infinity
People who spell their name a funny way just to be "cool"

Originally Posted By: Bastion
Like... Katalyst? laugh

Hey that is way cool smile

People from other countries that come to the US and won't learn to speak english.

Archived