Aberrant: In the Beginning - Table Talk- In the Beginning

Titan

Agreed (er, with Carver). I still like the idea of these ratings coming from an IC source too.

There could be like...a Nova CCG.

"I tap Fang and Disrupt your Totentanz!"

"Uh UH! Wraith plays her interrupt and turns him intangible!"

"Disrupt still works if he's intangible!"

"Does not!"

"Does TOO!"

Hee hee

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed (er, with Carver). I still like the idea of these ratings coming from an IC source too.

There could be like...a Nova CCG.

"I tap Fang and Disrupt your Totentanz!"

"Uh UH! Wraith plays her interrupt and turns him intangible!"

"Disrupt still works if he's intangible!"

"Does not!"

"Does TOO!"

Hee hee

Fahrenheit-

What I would do is call him in your thread, then PM him, and he should post in your thread. You guys may want to try to have the conversation in chat, to save time.

Everyone-

I am going to get some posts up today, while everyone is napping. Nice job so far with Totentanz. Wraith is irked that she didn't get in on the action. Heh.

Oh and by the way...

I certainly see the benefits of having consistancy on the power ratings. That being said, it is there for your enjoyment, and I don't care all that much what you do with it. If you are having trouble with it, or other players seem to disagree with you, PM Courier or Titan Omega, as they seem to be well versed in the process, and willing to help out.

Fahrenheit-

What I would do is call him in your thread, then PM him, and he should post in your thread. You guys may want to try to have the conversation in chat, to save time.

Everyone-

I am going to get some posts up today, while everyone is napping. Nice job so far with Totentanz. Wraith is irked that she didn't get in on the action. Heh.

Oh and by the way...

I certainly see the benefits of having consistancy on the power ratings. That being said, it is there for your enjoyment, and I don't care all that much what you do with it. If you are having trouble with it, or other players seem to disagree with you, PM Courier or Titan Omega, as they seem to be well versed in the process, and willing to help out.

I have an appointment with Peter later today to do the Chat thing, edit it accordingly and post it in both threads. I think that would save both time and since its part of both stories it should be in both threads. (Each PC can add his own thoughts in between to make it more interesting ;))

I have an appointment with Peter later today to do the Chat thing, edit it accordingly and post it in both threads. I think that would save both time and since its part of both stories it should be in both threads. (Each PC can add his own thoughts in between to make it more interesting ;))

Well all those who life is turned upside down by my rating system can now sleep better at night. I've went and edited my profile post, not because I felt I had to, but rather I felt that some people are just to caught up in the numbers game.

Let's all be happy and get back to playing a really great game!

Well all those who life is turned upside down by my rating system can now sleep better at night. I've went and edited my profile post, not because I felt I had to, but rather I felt that some people are just to caught up in the numbers game.

Let's all be happy and get back to playing a really great game!

Dawn, the nova philes ranking is not subjective...it is based in the numerical mechanics of the game and therefore presents everything on the same scale.

Katalyst, I second Couriers point..if you want to use a different system use a *different* system. I have no problem with it, but it defeats the whole purpose of a standardized ranking system if the numbers dont lie on the same scale.

Now I would have no complaint if you presented your own system, and then rules for conversion to our system.

Again, consistency please.

I only put up the Titans ranks because everyone else was, and if I had known that my painstaking attempt to make it accurate (Whitearrow helped me, and I had originally highballed a few things so he tempered me) was going to mean jack squat because people could just write whatever they want I wouldn't have bothered.

I hope I'm not being an asshole.

Dawn, the nova philes ranking is not subjective...it is based in the numerical mechanics of the game and therefore presents everything on the same scale.

Katalyst, I second Couriers point..if you want to use a different system use a *different* system. I have no problem with it, but it defeats the whole purpose of a standardized ranking system if the numbers dont lie on the same scale.

Now I would have no complaint if you presented your own system, and then rules for conversion to our system.

Again, consistency please.

I only put up the Titans ranks because everyone else was, and if I had known that my painstaking attempt to make it accurate (Whitearrow helped me, and I had originally highballed a few things so he tempered me) was going to mean jack squat because people could just write whatever they want I wouldn't have bothered.

I hope I'm not being an asshole.

Ah. you know since its at the top of the page I hadn't seen your post katlyst as I was posting mine above. I didn't mean for this to become a bash-katalyst fest or anything, and I can see from the tone of your post that you are irritated with me. I hope you know that I love your character (as well as everyone's in this game..it is simply epic and I truly hope that it can be a long running affair) and that the power rankings is a minor detail. I have always been one who looks for consistency and organization in games (and I mean any games...as a kid I used to get upset when my friends would change the rules mid pretend!), and I apologize for getting hung up on the small stuff.

Ah. you know since its at the top of the page I hadn't seen your post katlyst as I was posting mine above. I didn't mean for this to become a bash-katalyst fest or anything, and I can see from the tone of your post that you are irritated with me. I hope you know that I love your character (as well as everyone's in this game..it is simply epic and I truly hope that it can be a long running affair) and that the power rankings is a minor detail. I have always been one who looks for consistency and organization in games (and I mean any games...as a kid I used to get upset when my friends would change the rules mid pretend!), and I apologize for getting hung up on the small stuff.

Hey it's really not that big of a deal. I'm not upset about the whole deal by any means(well maybe a little but that's passed). I was just trying to add my own little flavor to my character. Like you said it's a minor thing and it's not something that we need to get all hung up about.

Hey it's really not that big of a deal. I'm not upset about the whole deal by any means(well maybe a little but that's passed). I was just trying to add my own little flavor to my character. Like you said it's a minor thing and it's not something that we need to get all hung up about.

Regarding the "Meet the Characters' thread, I would like to add more of a early Æon description for Michaels powers rather than an itemized list. Would anyone have any suggestions for what the Æon doctors would call various powers, or some in-house terms they would have?

Just to add some flavor to my character description.

smile

Regarding the "Meet the Characters' thread, I would like to add more of a early Æon description for Michaels powers rather than an itemized list. Would anyone have any suggestions for what the Æon doctors would call various powers, or some in-house terms they would have?

Just to add some flavor to my character description.

smile

Most of Michaels powers have an angelic theme. He can glow a soft golden light, amplify that light into a bolt of energy, craft feathered wings of that same light and coat himself in a mercury-looking metal skin that covers his face in a cruciform mask. The rest of his abilities is a smattering of minor mega-stats.

Most of Michaels powers have an angelic theme. He can glow a soft golden light, amplify that light into a bolt of energy, craft feathered wings of that same light and coat himself in a mercury-looking metal skin that covers his face in a cruciform mask. The rest of his abilities is a smattering of minor mega-stats.

If you want Aeons descriptors they are pretty much the dry ones from the book. In other words the are scientists so they are going to have the generic names. They will call flight, flight and q-bolts q-bolts (that is at least once they understand that quantum channeling is what novas are fundamentally doing...). If you want to get more specific and techno-jargony they might say his armor is a "dermally secreted metaloid sheath," or something like that.

As for how *he* sees his powers, it could be anything. For example, he could really believe that he was an avenging angel and call his q-bolts the "Wrath of Jehovah" and his armor "The Armor of God." You get the idea... smile

If you want Aeons descriptors they are pretty much the dry ones from the book. In other words the are scientists so they are going to have the generic names. They will call flight, flight and q-bolts q-bolts (that is at least once they understand that quantum channeling is what novas are fundamentally doing...). If you want to get more specific and techno-jargony they might say his armor is a "dermally secreted metaloid sheath," or something like that.

As for how *he* sees his powers, it could be anything. For example, he could really believe that he was an avenging angel and call his q-bolts the "Wrath of Jehovah" and his armor "The Armor of God." You get the idea... smile

The D&D thread covers a 2 week period of time, and can be used for flashbacks or to have ongoing discussions between players who are separated geographically. It is no particular 'time' in the thread, and continuity is not important. If you go in and say something, whoever wants to respond, can.

The D&D thread covers a 2 week period of time, and can be used for flashbacks or to have ongoing discussions between players who are separated geographically. It is no particular 'time' in the thread, and continuity is not important. If you go in and say something, whoever wants to respond, can.

Ah, well, it has rained most of the time... typical for my luck. We're stil having fun, though. I'll post some pics in the 'private' forum, for those who may be interested... It's late, I'll post some tomorrow..

Ah, well, it has rained most of the time... typical for my luck. We're stil having fun, though. I'll post some pics in the 'private' forum, for those who may be interested... It's late, I'll post some tomorrow..

Sorry if I have run off without someone and I understand that a number of people are on vacation this weekend, but I didn't want to let things grind to a halt for everyone else that was sitting around bored and eagerly waiting for updates. smile

Sorry if I have run off without someone and I understand that a number of people are on vacation this weekend, but I didn't want to let things grind to a halt for everyone else that was sitting around bored and eagerly waiting for updates. smile

Archived