Aberrant: In the Beginning - Table Talk- In the Beginning

Titan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see you, Kat. You are currently at the door to the cafeteria, coming from the courtyard. You are with Voltage, aka Michelle Rassner, but you may want to ignore that, as I don't want anyone to have to wait on anyone else. Post in Chapter 3 whenever you are ready. [Edit]Or in your own thread, if you prefer.[\Edit]

What? Did you think I wouldn't have saved you a spot?

Welcome back!

Please note that I have moved many threads to the 'Fiction' forum, many of which are not fiction in any sense of the word. If there is any thread that you want back in the main forum, just let me know, and I will move it back. Just doing some housecleaning.

[Edit]It has been brought to my attention that no one has received xp for chapter 2. I have consulted with Dawn and Max, and each person who posted between Aug. 25, 2008 and July 17, 2009 may spend 25 experience, and PM your updated character sheet to me, update the character sheet that we already had in PM, or ask me for a copy of the last character sheet that I had for your character. For the purpose of this xp expenditure, there are no limits on how you may spend it. [/Edit]

Open invite to those wishing to take part...

If you had previously (or currently) wish to be part of Novus, Inc, please feel free to join me in my thread. Colin (jedi) is about to make a press announcement about the formation of the company and any nova that had signed with the company would be there.

Keep in mind that Colin has specifically set it up so that being in Novus does not preclude people from being part of other groups at the same time. You can be Aeon T2M members and work for Novus, or Faranheit'ers, all are welcome to join and make ridiculous amounts of money.

As a reminder Colin wants the company to be a bit different than DeVries in Canon. He's still a bit idealistic and doesn't want novas killing novas in conflicts between governments and will take steps to avoid such.

Joe hasn't heard about you except as part of a history lesson 30 or so years in the future... but he's about to (and the INA, or whatever it's called as well... I think).

Either way, I think he'll probably leave you out of his plans... he's got bigger fish to fry (and thus keep them from frying the rest of the world).

Originally Posted By: Jedi
He's still a bit idealistic and doesn't want novas killing novas in conflicts between governments and will take steps to avoid such.
I think the whole "novas killing novas" is a bad idea even outside of gov conflicts. wink

And Jedi? Good for you. This is straying into an IC comment, but you're providing nova leadership (thus side stepping the teragen's objections) for teaching all novas that they can get amazingly rich by working inside the system (thus avoiding many of the 'nova-criminals' issues).

Short term that's just not possible. Rich might or might not beat you out the door but he's certainly moving in a rush. And US Nuke contacts are pretty much a closed shop, and a big issue at the moment is the *idea* of novas being profitable isn't wide spread yet.

Long term... maybe. There are governments which have this issue which aren't on good terms with the US.

We have posted for a week now, and I would like to hand out some experience. The following characters receive the following experience bonus for participation.

Richard "Dr. Cure" Stevenson - 3

Sascha 'Fahrenheit' Kindler - 3

Juno Reyes - 3

Joe Smith - 2

Devin "Jaunt" Jauntsen - 2

Everyone else, please take one (1) experience point for the week.

I am having a blast, I hope you are too!

Fang, I was just reading your post... I just wanted to say that only the people who went to the future should know what Joe's abilities are.

He just arrived at Aeon 'yesterday' and had no knowledge of what his powers were, and before anybody could try anything, he got whisked to the future.

In my profile, I know I put his powers, and they have been displayed IC, just not in this timeframe (granted, I don't remember everybody who got whisked forward, just saying)...

...Sorry if that screws you up or anything. (It probably won't be that long until he displays his powers; he's had a lot of time to practice and study them since 'yesterday'. Just wanted to keep the continuity.)

The last time we played ItB, there was a lot of this, and it became a problem for me. I am not saying that this would turn into a problem, or that it is a problem, because it's not. That said, I am going to rule so that it never becomes a problem again.

Fang is extraordinarily perceptive, and attuned to quantum signatures. Almost everyone else went to the future to help fight in the war, or heard about it after. Everyone's MAJOR powers are known to all. You can have a secret power kept in reserve that other characters don't know about (i.e. Jedi's lightning attack), but if that is the case you should let me know about it so I can help protect the secret.

Again, SG, I understand the impulse to keep secrets, and I agree that secrets can be fun. I encourage you to have them, and keep them. But everyone's major powers, at this point, are known.

Thanks SG. I figure my summary of the events at the end of Chapter 2 threw continuity out the window in any case. I appreciate your great attitude about it.

Should have postage for everyone tonight. Fang is making me do actual work (that I should have been doing all along), so kudos to her for that. Many of you will also notice that I am pulling some loose threads from earlier in your story, to weave them into the current fabric. I will try to give you narrative hints, as I know this was over two years ago for us (Sorry, Juno!), so that you have some idea of what the hell is going on. I think the overall story will be stronger for it.

I like the slower pace of the game, and believe it or not I do know where we are going from here. If you do not like the pace, or are not interested in exploring the world around you yourself, but want something to do (an adventure of some kind, perhaps?), feel free to give me narrative hints, or just tell me straight out here, or in a PM.

Thanks to everyone for the time and attention you are giving this game.

Just remember Titan, there's no rush. At least not for me. Seriously dude, if you need to make me wait for a bit while you do others things (or just take a day off) you're not gonna hurt my feeling none.

We do this for fun, I just hope we don't turn it into 'work' and make it more of a task than a 'game'. If you need a break, holla.

No, I've got my mind right this time. Promise. If I need some time off, I will take it, and I will let you know if it will be longer than a day or two. But... last time this was more of a social exercise, like a table top game. You know, just fun times. This time, it is more that I want to practice writing, every day. It is an added bonus that I get to do it in a realm I know and enjoy, with people who I like and whose writing I respect a lot. I do not feel like I HAVE to do anything.

Similarly, if anyone needs a break, ever, for any length of time, take it. You don't even have to tell me, for I assure you it doesn't hurt my feelings, and I will not give you shit about it. If I see you around, I may ask if there is anything I can do for ya, but that is because I care about my players, and I just want to know if there is anything i can do for ya.

My goal each day is to respond to everyone who has posted that day. So far I have been mostly able to do that, but if a time comes when I can't, I will be thankful that I have such prolific players (I already am), and stop for the day when I've had enough.

If any of the above changes, I will let all of you know.

Just a quick heads up that I will post lightly tonight, and probably most Tuesday nights. It is my day off from work, so it is a convenient day to take off from posting (mostly). You may recall I did the same last Tuesday. Also, tomorrow is my wife's (Wraith) birthday, so we are celebrating tonight.

Sigh. Yeah, tired and went over the list again and again to make sure that I had gotten every obscure Nova that had ever been mentioned in the game (that Aeon would have reason to know of), and of COURSE I left out 2 PCs. Nice.

Ok, list updated to reflect missing PCs. If you think of someone else that should be on the list, but is not, please let me know. I will make general post toasties for you all tonight, in any case.

We have played for another week, and I am ready to hand out xp again. The following characters may take the following xp bonuses for participation:

Fahrenheit - 3

Jedi - 3

Rich - 2

Nathan - 2

Joe - 2

Wei Fang - 2

Juno - 2

Everyone else, please take one (1) xp.

Keep up the great work, thanks!

Question for Titan: For those of us in the Aeon facility, if we were to look at our watches, what time is it? (i.e. how much time do we have until the 9:00am deadline?) Your post said 15 minutes for the scientists/doctors... does that mean that it is 8:45 (or do they have to be at their posts before the rest of us?)

SG-

Yeah, the time continuity is gonna be a bit wonky until people get together. I'm tryin'. Technically, it is 8:45. In reality, everyone has time for a scene before they need to be anywhere. Which could be several days in real time.

Dave-

Take your time. As you like to say, us no-life-havin bastards will be here when you are ready.

Originally Posted By: Titan
http://www.novus_sightings.net - April 12, 1998 09:40am GMT

IBIZA, Spain - The leatherclad hottie with a killer tan has a name! Say hello to Fahrenheit, fanbois... CONFIRMED - Aeon flip-off artist, and 43th hereditary Count of Montealegre, Raoul Cristobal Orzaiz, held an impromptu press conference outside Ibiza hangover hangout the Cafe Montesol this very morning. He refused to speculate on what his abilities may be, but did confirm that his fiery tempered tablemate prefers to be known by her nom de guerre - Fahrenheit. Fairlyhott, if you ask me. He went on to say:

"You are quite right to be interested in her, should you ask me. I am quite interested in what she has to say, as every Novus should be."

The Count left in the ubiquitous limosine.

This site has had 1,947,309 views in the last 30 days

Only {{[x]image not found}} Days until Juno is 18!!!

Yay me!!! I couldn't resist :P

Archived