Aberrant: No Fate - Table Talk: No Fate

Joani

They extend only about 10 Feet exactly around her - Newton is virtually encaged his friends just outside of that ring protecting him.

But... you do have the feeling that the streams get more and more instable the longer you watch them. So with time... maybe you could reach them...

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm planning to make an update tomorrow but I'm unsure if I should wait for you guys?

If not I'll be describing the scene as best as I can, assuming you are waiting for an opening to attack?

Give me some feedback please smile

I take it we don't recognize any of the other novas...and except for the flaming one there's no obvious sign of what their abilities might be?

Hmm. I guess I can't 'tunnel' my way through the rock under their feet in time...or without a ridiculous amount of quantum pool expenditure...

Well, this is about the worst possible situation for Gray...in the open, no one to mimic, and at least one energy-based nova to deal with. I expect she'll be playing conservatively for the nonce. smile

Originally Posted By: Lily
I take it we don't recognize any of the other novas...and except for the flaming one there's no obvious sign of what their abilities might be?

You don't recognise the other Novas, but they all seem to be very young - barely adults. Next to the Fire Girl stands a Girl that could be taken directly out of a Fantasy movie - she looks very much like a Dryad of ancient mythology.

On the other side stand two men. One of them looks like a Superman clone with blonde hair. He wears an Eufiber suit without a cape and it looks painted on which makes his bulging muscles appear unreal (he looks the least aberrated, only bulging muscles and unearthly beauty)

The other man looks like he watched the Matrix once too often. He is dressed in black leather with a long flowing coat. You can't see his eyes but there is an intense glow behind the sunglasses he is wearing. You can sense from him the most immediate danger in regards of animosity and his stance looks much like he is ready to jump into combat (the others just stand there and try to protect Newton).

I was initially waiting to see if Void makes a reappearance or not. I'm going to make an update between today and tomorrow and hopefully get things rolling more fluent. I'm sorry for this but I got to learn how to handle a board game step by step. Never done this kind of Storytelling before.

I hope my update will compensate you for the long wait/delay.

Having fun with it Joani?

Persoanally I enjoy the forums almost more than tabletop...being able to think and choose ones words and describe ones actions thoroughly seems to work better than when one is trying to get into character while staring across a table full of dice, books, and pizza... smile

Originally Posted By: The_Fool
Any XP for the last chapter?

ok - got it worked out - it's going to be a flat 10XP for everyone.

One additional info - I haven't heard from Void since she/he last posted. I don't know whats going on and I hope she/he is doing fine. I decided to let Hyoseph in with his PC since one slot is open/missing.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
so Joani, just to be clear, did I understand your post right and my watch shows only 3 days having passed?

That's correct - and your assumptions are correct, too. OC would've a) picked you up by now, B) killed you right away, c) made at least contact with you and adjust your mission parameters.

None of that has happened and you get no uplink to OC.

The problem is, you don't know where OC was based - so that's speculation.

It could be an AU - but that's speculation, too. Maybe you have to find out the old fashioned way ;p

I'll be waiting till tomorrow before I update and tell you what Nosferatu's and probably Cherubs recon will reveal.

The Fool having been to the OC and able to teleport on his own could actually teleport there without it counting as blind. He could that is, if he wasn't dormed down for the first time since his eruption.

And just to be clear or what will be clear I am sure shortly is that the dormancy removed his disfigurement and physical aberrations, as well as his "delusions" about the nature of the universe...

Originally Posted By: Hyoseph
Yeah, the whole "Creepy Feeling" would definitely go off with an invisible creature watching smile.
It goes off if anyone is watching him, regardless of whether or not he knows they are there or he can see them. That's the entire purpose of the power.

Originally Posted By: Hyoseph
That's just my call on the whole thing. Whether Cherub can actually SEE him or not, whole different thing.
"See", no. Pin-point, yes, with one extra point of juice.

Archived