Re: Sticking it out in 2018.....

Ptesan-Wi

For a whole slew of reasons - #1 being lack of free time - I'm going to be sticking it out in 2018, rather than kicking off new or re-imagined characters in the re-boot forums.

If other folks want to keep this going, give a shout of some sort; I'm up for collaborative stories with Ptesan-Wi, Sandcaster, and/or The Crusader (and, if you want to do the alternate-universe thing, with Timeslip as well).

I may just do it too. I have had WR sitting in Chrysalis for 6+ months, and to just end it in favor of another forum is heart breaking. There was so much to write about in the intervening time, but doe to character integrity, I felt it necessary for him to leave for the intervening period. Se you guys in a couple of months.

I have never played in 2018. I have 2 approved characters in 2008 but have not so much as posted yet so I may consider porting one.

Main thing is there is a shit ton of history here. I was kinda looking forward to the reboot if only cuz I could get in on the ground floor of somfin' knowImean?

Im a bit intimidated to play in this here forum but maybe some o' y'all could share some wisdom. Drop some knowledge. Give a li'l understanding to a brother that might be a tad more welcoming for a n00b.

Well, it's quite easy. Post an intro thread, pop into chat a few times, and pretty soon we should be able to work something out interaction-wise. And read some old threads, Psetan-Wi's and Waki's in particular - they were responsible for the most recent shitload of history.

I have a neat idea for a Terat. Maybe two. Im just not sure how buff I should make them since there are NO guifdlines here and even I can agree that some of the sheets floating around are just rediculous... Whats a good level to start at? 75 NPs? 100? More? Less? Some guidlines for chargen would help as for how to fit in well.

Whatever floats your boat. I started Whitie with 50 NP's, and gave him 1 xp every week that I posted. I also gave him 3 xp upon completion of a fiction. Go balls out if you want, I always found it more exciting to grow into power than have it created from the start. Also, no Q6 to start, you have to have played awhile.

You have time. The sociopathic madman has been in Chrysalis for 7 months, and he has about two left. I need to check exactly when that will be. I had him down for 42 weeks. I started him with 7 taint. He has as many aberrations as someone with 12 taint.

Velvet's first fic (and official IC post!) was on 14 March, 2006. She started with 96NP, and I honestly could not convince myself, in all of the time I've written for her, that any sort of increase was necessary. I wish I'd started her out differently, but I'll probably still write with her from time to time in the 2018 section.

For starters, that I'd not caved to the (perceived) pressure of using such a high NP build. As I've said elsewhere, I can count on my hands the number of times her powers were actually used, because anything short of Planck Scaling was all but laughable with many of the people in that setting. (That's a bit of an exaggeration, but not much.) I would also have spent more time thinking about/developing a couple of her fictions (one, notably, is nothing but angst presented in a very un-Velvety way) to make them more satisfying to me in terms of how she developed as a "person," and to readers in terms of small and large story arcs.

I would also have put forth more effort to complete co-op fics which were stumbling or slow, because some of them would have had lingering effects on Vv and her virtual life. (Procyon's date and Sean's mental trauma are both good examples.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

As I'm finding myself with incredibly limited free time, and as 2018 has effectively dried up, I'm moving my activities over to the Middle Children of History chronicle (which has the advantage of being able to keep my established history for PW pretty nicely intact).

Goodbye, N!Prime 2018.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived