Aberrant: 2011 - Blackburn Brawl: Group Event Idea

Stardust

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. No sense in hurrying to the fighting just yet. Why not wait until next Thursday, or even Wednesday night. (I work Mon-Wed, and can't post on those days. frown ) Don't mean to sound selfish, but this Sunday is bad for me as well.

I'm just worried, that by the time I get to posting, the Brawl will already be over.

Sure. We can do it that long. I pulled the day out of my butt; it had no special meaning other than as a starting point for the discussion.

We can have fun RP until Thursday, April 5th; then we can start the fight. That sound good for everyone?

I was thinking that the fight would start small (as they do) and get larger. There would be time for the more prudent (or cowardly) to leave, as I see it. Like at first there would be two novas punching each other, then one would get pushed into another and she'd start swinging or running, and it'd spread like that. I don't see it going from club to fight in 3 seconds.

And trust me... all my characters are soft and squishy too. I know Hina is 3/1; Kara is only a 7/5, and Aura only gets to her 12/~9 (can't remember her lethal soak) when her BM is active, which means that everyone in a 20m range is taking lethal damage from her radiation (Immolate with area).

Does anyone see a problem with the proposal put above? That will let the weaklings have half a chance to duck out, and the ones looking for a fight to jump in the moment they notice.

I think everyone in this site except for a specific few are very veyr squishy, Robert is supposed to be strong, but he has a glass Jaw at 9/6, when on Werewolf form.

I think only Troy, Catalyst (if touching something like Titanium), Josh Brickman and Bellator have a good chance of survival in all out fight, specially since 2009 is a lower power setting.

Don't worry Rev, there is a lot of people who will go *squish* before the sex god of 2009 does so =D

What am I, chopped liver? There is a reason that I picked LB for the Blackburn Brawl. He is built for extreme athletic pursuits, and that includes fighting.

He has a normal soak of 10/6, but can, with DI, raise it up to 16/12 if need be. With Mega-Dex 4 and Athletics 3, he can dodge most attacks as well. He also has a couple of extra health levels.

As far as I know its not required, but I personally find it useful when writing fictions. For example, most people don't post their Appearance + Style, yet that's how they are seen. Also, do I sneak up on somebody to say 'Hi', or does the other person have a greater Perc + Awareness than my Stealth pool?

In Longball's case, until you told me Longball had Mega-Dex 4 (!!!!!), I had no idea that he was superhumanly graceful, and that's something I feel is important in how he appears. Its yet another thing that sets him appart from mere mortals, and I think it helps other posters flavor their texts.

Longball: I have to go with Ravenshire, since I had never seen your charsheet, I had assumed you were more based around social pursuit with some physical secondaries. But damn O_O Mega-Dex 4? That's almost Totenzan's level of fluid motion. (No wonder he was banned from Baseball, the strike zone for him is non existant!)

Ravenshire: If the sneaking up is bothering you, Bob has 11 dice to sneaking up on anything XD Inderectly because of Alpha, Robert was turned into a Ninja >_>

I am wary of posting his sheet until he has his first combat scene. At that point, everyone will be aware of his powers. Once I do, though, any surprises in store, for his opposition, are gone.

Giving his Mega stats and stuff, would not compromise his tactical edge. If it helps everyone in writing fics., then I'll add them to his 09' profile.

Mostly Ravenshire is talking about the things we can see, like his Strenght, his Might rating, his Dexterity, his Charisma, obviously the Aberrations.

I know you might feel like you are walking into a death trap by posting your char sheet, but mine is not only public, it's posted in the "Character Review" thread and I haven't had a problem with keeping Robert's abilitites a secret from anybody he dosen't actually know.

I need to post something better for Josh's stats. For right now he has baseline maxs attributes for socials, 10 dice but no mega-dex for dancing.

Brickman's built for Mega-Strength 5 combat (both dealing it and taking it). His soak is high & is backed up by M-Stam 2 (Regen).

There's that old saying about what happens if you meet your evil twin... which is Josh's case is easy since if he doesn't do knockback on his signature move he eats his own attack.

I dug up some pictures of what Brittany's wearing for the event, for the sake of clarity, so here they are:

She's wearing the same top as Molly Ringwald in The Breakfast Club, only entirely off one shoulder: http://www.gonemovies.com/WWW/Drama/Drama/Breakfastclub2.jpg

The skirt from the cover of Madonna's Like a Virgin album, in red lace, nothing underneath: http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/1/1e/Like_A_Virgin.jpg

The super typical hairband/bow that was all the rage back then, in blue w/ white polka dots: http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/703051/2/istockphoto_703051_80_s_girls.jpg

And lastly, legwarmers, also in blue:

http://aboutjane.typepad.com/about_jane/legwarmers.jpg

Hope that helps some! grin

I removed Nyx from the fiction, but neglected to write an exit post and, instead, just deleted the one I'd written. Admittedly, this was bad form, even if it didn't actually affect anything. I'll be rewriting her entrance, and penning a departure later.

Would you mind telling us the rule you were breaking Nyx?

And Well, another reason a fight could start is that if Nash Burns shows up. But I don;t think we need to go that low.

When is her brute force form Cat has a mega strength of 3, a soak of 19/15 and three dots of claws. She is rather nasty.

Archived