[OpNet] Question for flyers

Wakinyan

Have any of you heard rumors about the FAA requiring all Novas to start carrying transponders and filing flight plans on any flights over fifty miles? I saw this on the Opnet yesterday and while I don't really put much merit in it I am curious if anyone else has heard about it.

I haven't heard of this either. I'm not usually flying at he heights at most aircraft fly but this sounds like a good idea.

On a side note, does anyone know if there is some sort of , I don't know, airport for flyers? I want to take a trip into the states. Should I just cross over the peace bridge in Niagra?

I have not heard anything supporting or negating this rumor, though to be honesy I have not checked that intensely. My own flight speed is sufficiently low that I never considered long distance flight. For any serious travel I teleport.

I do not know what to make of a proposal like this. I can see both good and bad points to it.

My experience is usually radio contact with air controllers to whatever country I am heading to covers the whole passport and customs issue.

As far as this whole flyer control rumor, I use a transponder when I choose to as a courtesy the device I carry with me allows ground controllers to contact me if they need to. However I fly to fly a lot of the time, how do I register a flight path if I do not know how far I am going or for that matter where. I won't be dictated to where I fly in the skies.

Fuck that noise.

If you can't fly your ass doesn't belong in the fuckin' sky. Far as I'm concerened if they need a fuckin machine to fly then they are GUESTS in MY domain. I belong there, and they will show me recpect while they enjoy my skies.

Fuck em, they can move for me. If not, then it would be great fuckin opportunity to erupt some wings.

Don't like, stay the fuck out of my sky.

50 miles is almost 81 kilometers. I've never flown over 30 kilometers. Nearly all of that was with in a city.

America isn't the world any way. If I go there I will be mindful of their rules. Until then I will enjoy skimming across the clouds in the early morning Mexico sky.

To be honest, I would not carry such a device. When I fly, I watch for and monitor airline traffic and stay clear of their flight paths unless it somehow becomes necessary not to. I am faster and more agile in the air than they: As Revenant said, it is the element of those of us who can fly without machines. No human aircraft can match my speed or agility up there, so I stay out of their way as a courtesy, much as I would step aside for a small child running around heedless of who they might bump into.

But to carry a device that allows humans to track me? Never happen.

Originally Posted By: Every Jackass Here
I don't have to pay attention to FAA regulations because I'm special and the rules don't apply to me. Tough titties for me if I end up a smear on a Boeing's windshield or plow into a civvie aircraft and kill a dozen people. It doesn't matter, because I've got a physiological blank check to do whatever the fuck I want.

Archived