[Fiction] Babylon Reborn: Arrivals

Velvet

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preston looks past Nova to the three men at the bar. His eyes flare slightly and he speaks in a low, confident voice.

"Timothy 'Flea' Taylor of PU; Troy 'Blood Spirit' Boques - a hometown PI; and Michael 'Bacchus' Palladian ... just your basic Indie nova."

Looking over to Long.

"I need to talk with your wife soon. I suggest Havanna as nuetral ground."

At the same time, Selena glances to the door and perks up.

"Craig, your daughter-in-law has arrived," she says, looking toward the stumbling young Indian girl. In a flash, Selena is moving toward Ptesan-Wi, to catch her if she can and to pick her up if she can't.

Deftly Revenant stepped forward, a look of urgency on his face, as he moved into quickly intercept the falling Eris and the toppling Ptesan-Wi.

For once in as long as he could remember, he wasn't fast enough. As if her meeting the floor was meant to be, Revenant just didn't make in time. Quickly he kneeled before the two ladies, helping them to their feet.

"Are you o...," And then he saw he took his first real look at her. "kay?" He mumbled out, absolutely toppled by her beauty. "Uhh, here, let me help you."

Helping the ladies to once again be vertical on the red carpet took only a second. "Please, enjoy yourself here at Babylon, if there is anything I can do for you (or more to the point, to you,) please, let me know."

With the commotion over the women continued no their way through the foyer.

Then it hit him.

With near super human speed Revenant dashed to catch up with the young Lakota woman, who was now well past the coat check. "Uhh, pardon me." He spoke loud enough for her to hear as his hand grasped her arm slightly below her shoulder. His grip was not rough, or abusive, just enough to inform the young woman that her attention was required on Revenant and nowhere else at the moment.

"Ma'am," He began, the politeness was killing him tonight, but for Vivi he would endure. "I'm terribly sorry, but tonight’s opening is strictly for novas only, or guests on a my list. Since you are not one, you'll need to be the other or I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave." His grip on her arm loosened and then was gone. Once she was facing him he had no reason to restrain her any longer.

"Novas, novas everywhere, but nary a drop to drink," Velvet murmured, casting a sweeping glance over the growing crowd of patrons as she maneuvered with practiced grace through the mass of varied humanoid shapes.

A man who might've been made of solid quartz was having an animated discussion with a slightly older gentleman who looked for all the world like her freshman English teacher... if you ignored the metallic golden skin and vaguely Egyptian raiment. There were catgirls enough to send an anime fan into seizures, shapeshifters whose forms fluxed and changed according to their whims, and telekinetics who simply levitated their drinks nearby while they shook hands with old friends.

Okay, screw that business, she finally decided when a demonic-looking but friendly woman's tail "accidentally" brushed the back of her thigh.

"Four Horsemen,” she chimed up as she leaned over the end of the bar, her serpentine armbands jangling discordantly. The bartender, to his credit, didn’t miss a beat, but instead pulled out a tall shot glass and quickly added Jim Beam, Jack Daniel’s, Johnny Walker Red, and good old Jose’ Cuervo. “Thanks, Lou,” the leggy proprietress replied, and tipped back the glass, downing its contents in a single brisk gulp. She blinked, shook her head slowly, and handed the glass back. “How about something social now, mm?”

A few moments later, carrying a black-red concoction the staff affectionately called “The Seven Deadly Sins” in an elegant martini glass, Violet Vincent strode rather more confidently back out onto the floor.

Damn. I knew this would happen.

Being tackled from behind had been a less than grand start to things, though at least Revenant - who could it be, she had asked herself, if not Revenant? - had helped both to their feet again. But not a dozen steps later, there was his hand on her arm, asking the question she had dread.

Best foot forward, girl.... Her face took on a careful mask that blended a soft and pleasant understanding with rock-hard resolve.

"I am very much aware that this event is for novas only; I saw as much on the invitation on N!Prime. That said, I am also very much a nova, even if you can't see though the cloaking of my node. I am Ptesan-Wi, mate of Wakinyan, and unless I'm mistaken, you are Revenant - I saw you briefly at the Pow Wow. If you require something quite so vulgar as a demonstration, I will be pleased to provide it." *Or will this suffice?* she added in words that echoed only in the deathly nova's mind.

Understanding little in the art Telepathic gateways Revenant stood there staring at the young woman. It did not take an empath to see the rage that quickly boiled in the back his mind. Revenant despised mental intrusion. Not for the moral reasons of privacy invasion, he despised it because for all his might and power he was nothing more than an open book to those capable of mental influence.

There were rumors of how angry Revenant was, in general. At this moment nothing prepared the young woman for what she was feeling through the link. The rumors hrdly did him justice.

"Very well." He managed through gritted teeth. "A fair warning, should I ever find you in my mind I assure you that by the the conclusion of your first thought I will have sent you meet the spirits of which you are so overly fond."

Suddenly remembering himself, nd where he was, and for who all this was for, his mood drastically changed. Revenant bowed his head slightly. "My apologies. I forgot myself. Please, try to enjoy yourself tonight at Babylon."

The mask held... barely. Beneath it, Ptesan-Wi was stunned. She had never encountered a mind that recoiled so reflexively at contact, and the backlash had literally hurt.

Unfortunately, there was no privacy, no way to deliver a true apology other than to repeat the violation of the poor man's mind. As such, the mentalist could only provide an apologetic nod and a murmured, "I'm sorry," before she hurried into the club proper and as far away from the cursed foyer as possible.

The sleek car quickly pulled up to the curb with the purr of a high performance engine. The driver quickly lept from his position behind the wheel to open the back door for his passenger. Jordan stepped out of the car as the crowd pressed forward, eager to seen which of the beautiful people had arrived; each one secretly hoping it would be their personal favorite. A wave of silenced awe passed through the gathered baselines as the young man came into sight.

If Jordan noticed the eerie silence of the crowd, he did not acknowledge it as he straightened the cuffs of teal Indian silk shirt. Brushing a nonexistent wrinkle from his black Egyptian cotton slacks, Jordan strode casually towards the entrance. The clothing draped his form perfectly, revealing only enough of the curves and musculature of his body to entice the imagination.

As he reached the entrance to the club, Jordan turned to the still silent and awestruck crowd. He inhaled as if he was preparing to speak and the onlookers inhaled involuntarily with him in anticipation. Jordan let his gaze settle over the baselines and with the barest hint of a smile he winked before turning and entering the building.

Long nods to Preston. "I'll pass the message along, I'm sure she'll enjoy talking to you again." His eyes watch the incident with Ptesan-wi and he frowns as Revenant questions her about her novahood.

Seeing the look on his face Long decides it's best not to mention PW's age to anyone tonight. He turns back to Preston and smiles. "Have a good time tonight my friend." He nods slightly in the direction Selena took off in. "She doesn't like me much does she?"

The second time tonight he's already felt unwelcome, and it's starting to wear on his nerves. Either it's being a Terat, a former Elite, or being married to the most hunted woman on the planet, but it remains that he's an island unto himself tonight.

"How have things been in Boston?"

Trooper thought women could be beautiful in a thousand different ways. It was an attitude that made him a very happy lover, even prior to his eruption, most of the time. But even then, some women had something really, well, special.

The goddess on stage had it going on .

Midnight might have been chicano, but he thought she was more likely Native American. Straight black hair that tickled the underside of her ass, an hourglass figure that was 100% god-given and eyes that made you forget she was naked. That and she could dance. Not just grind her hips and shake her tits, she could dance . Perfect rythm, sure-footed and a natural lithe grace that made it look so damn easy.

And she was currently the subject of a bidding war.

Nova clientele or not there were novas with money and novas with money . Trooper was in the latter category. He'd been an Elite for a long, long time. And across the stage from him was Andoni "The Basque" Urquia, a Janissarie. That neither man liked the other was a given. Throwing fives or tens wouldn't be an option even if they weren't in competition. Twenties weren't an option the moment she took the stage. Fifties became hundreds right damn quick. There had to be six or seven grand on the stage right now and Midnight was leaning towards Andoni's side of the stage. Damn quantum enhanced good-looks.

Sonfabitch looks that good and still wears a mask. Idiot.

And then it hit him. The mask. Andoni didn't have a mask anymore. It was currently hanging from Pursuer's "Wall of Shame". Had been since August.

Heh, hehehehe.

Trooper caught Andoni's eye. Andoni threw him a wicked grin as he tossed another Benjamin on the stage. Trooper threw the smug bastard a nod and then slowly passed his hand over his face with a look of false sympathy coloring his features.

That was all it took.

Andoni stood up quick enough to throw his chair backward and came storming over to Trooper with a mask of raw fury marring his perfect features.

Wow. Sensitive, isn't he?

Revenant's earbud blew up in heartbeat. "Uh, Revenant, we have two guys in the lower level about to tussle. We need you here quick."

Son of a bitch! He exclaimed to himself as he sped off to the lower level. "Jeff, you're on door. Problem down below."

Revenant moved with a feline grace through the throngs of novas all enjoying their evening. Quickly most were able to put the math together, no one moves like that with out there being a problem somewhere. Down the stairs he moved and again through the crowd of people.

Midnight shot Revenant a look and a shrug like it wasn't her fault. None of the dancers liked him, he creeped them out, but she was worried hat later he would blame her for this event.

Revenant walked to the men, approaching from them both from the flank. The Basque looked absolutely livid, but this Trooper fellow was the picture of calm. Yep, Trooper started it. You're never that calm unless you're doing it on purpose.

Without wasting a breath (not that he breathed) The Basque found the palm of Revenant's hand on his chest, backing him away slowly, placing distance between the two gentlemen. "Slow yer roll there big guy." He started, looking at The Basque, who for the most part was the only one looking guilty at the moment. "Is there a problem gentlemen?" He stated. The authority in his voice demanded an almost immediate response.

Ben moves along into the main room of the opulant club admiring the hardwork the Velvet put into creating the place and the hard work the rather angry looking fellow Revenant put into rebuilding it. He scanned the room but really there was not much need there she was drink in hand. The duffel bag full of money was enough excuse to go and talk to her. The handy fact that no one had yet intercepted her was gave him the encouragement he needed to go and talk to her.

"Velvet?" The golden eyes sought hers out and once he was sure he got her attention. "Hey, you mentioned I should put this away some where." Knowing she was likely to busy to recall. "Gatekeeper, Ya know guy with a bag full of money you wanted to lock away." He smiled trying his best to break the ice with the hostess. "Ben works though, not really the type to have to stick to code names or what not." With great effort he tears his eyes from hers to take in the room. "Looks like you have a good opening night."

Andoni whipped around to face Revenent, taking a half-step forward as he did. It didn't suprise Trooper, Andoni was known as being full on aggro when the chips came down. Lucky him his powers let him get away with it.

"Yes, there is a problem! This maricon has forgotten his manners. I was just about to teach him. If you'd care to I'd be happy to give you some pointers."

Trooper just shrugged his shoulders, "Hey, sorry, chief. I didn't know he was so sensitive. Just made a little joke and he got all hot and bothered." Trooper's grin and "aw shucks" attitude is blatantly bullshit. This base dishonesty enrages Andoni even further and he puffs up. Those around pull back. Seasoned club goers learn to sense when a blow up might occur.

Bag full of money...? Oh!

"From the OpNet room, right? And here I expected you to be carrying some American Girl memorabilia," Velvet teased amiably, referring to the conversation they’d had earlier in which he’d mentioned shopping for his niece. "And, thank you. Nearly everyone seems to be enjoying themselves so far, which is all I really wanted in the first place." Her quiet chuckle was scarcely audible over the music and the waves of conversation that surged through the room like an incoming tide.

She glanced toward a small office on the opposite side of the foyer from the coat check room, and lifted a hand to beckon the far-travelling nova to follow.

"This," she elaborated as she led him into the narrow room, “is my vault.” Inside, there was only a typical office desk, a few filing cabinets, and a small safe for storing deposit bags. A window, precisely identical to that of the coat check room, opened out into the foyer as people moved to and fro between club and street.

“If I may?” the club owner asked, extending her hand for the bag.

"From where I stand it's you who has forgotten your manners. I'll ignore the pointers comment, this time. But you've worn your welcome in record time." Revenant now stood slightly between the two novas just enough to keep Trooper in his peripheral vision. "You don't come here and make trouble for Ms. Vincent, now you have two options, leave peacefully, or myself and local law enforcement will remove you."

He wanted to throttle him. Within the psychic prison of his mind the beast known as "Wrath" was rattling his cage, hard. It took ever bit of his strength to not just attempt to remove him on his own, one AP bullet at a time.

[Revenant has spent a Willpower point to remain in control, and not challenge Basque to a fight.]

Andoni's eyes go a little vague for a second, as if seeing something unseen.

Yep, rumor's are right. Baskey can check out signatures

The Basques' eyes go a little wide and he takes a step backward, "Fair enough, Senor. I shall leave. I shall not return." As he walks away he sneers and says loudly enough for those around him to hear, "And others of the Jannisaries shall be told how unwelcome they would be made to feel in this filthy puta's den of whores."

Trooper winces. Rumor has it that Revenent cares for the proprietess.

Was that the last straw?

Jordan passed quickly through the foyer and onto the main floor of Club Babylon. His eyes swept the room taking in both the décor and the Novas present. He noted with some pleasure that while his appearance and presence caught the attention of those closest to the entrance, he had yet to evoke the same reaction in the Novas present as he had upon arriving outside.

Jordan walked over to the first floor bar while adjusting the chain hanging around his neck allowing the nearly palm sized, tear-shaped diamond attached to it to swing free of his shirt. “I’ll take a screwdriver,” he said to the bartender. With drink in hand, Jordan slowly began to make his way through the room saying his hellos and getting a better look at the club itself as he went.

Revenant cocked an eyebrow, that last one was harsh. He wanted this man dead, broken, bleeding, and anally raped by a rusty electric hand mixer wrapped in barbed wire. There are many ways to win a battle, not all of them involve getting your hands dirty. Were this matter on the street, this Basque fellow would be either dead, or dying. This was not the time or the place.

"You have yourself a nice night now. Please, tell all your friends, we'd love to have you stop by again." Revenant offered a 'princess' wave, his hand cupped in a sarcastic 'get the fuck out before I kill you' style motion.

No sooner did the Elite hit the stair way did Revenant have a cell phone out in his hand dialing a number. A second later he was speaking. "Yeah, hate to bother you, but there is a man coming up do the mid level, an elite with a foul mouth who thinks that not only is Ms. Vincent a puta' but that this is a filthy den of whores. I'm a little busy down here, would you mind playing PR for me and educating this gentleman on why we don't like that kind of attitude around here?" A megawatt grin shown on Revenant's face. "You Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I appreciate this. Ciao..." He chuckled slightly with his mock choice of a farewell.

Revenant turned to Trooper, his expression one of polite irritation…

Trooper looks serious as he can manage, "Thanks, Chief. I knew I was poking fun, but really, I thought he was a bit more of a professional than that."

"So, I'm sorry. I'll be a good boy from now on."

"I promise."

Please god, let that be enough. Basky would've been doable. But this monster I don't want to fuck with unless I'm fully loaded.

A massive Hummer pulled up, and the driver's door opened to reveal Brawlzilla's massive form working it's way out of the cramped interior. Her black jacket should have strained over her massive shoulders, but the eufiber, provided by the XWF as part of her contract, fit her despite the sudden shifts and swells in her musculature. When she was finally on her feet, she handed the keys to an eager young woman in a valet's outfit along with a fifty dollar bill. "A little extra for you to part in the back, away from other cars, ok?"

The girl nodded and Sally turned to face the gaunlet. For once in her life, she looked nice; the eufiber was able to do what nothing else had ever done for her: fit right. Her clothes were deceptively simple; black pants with a matching jacket, and a white collar-less shirt tucked in. The most eye-catching thing about her was the writhing, swaying barb wire that passed magically through the shoulders of her jacket. These moving bits of metal compelled all the reporters to keep their distance, despite the fact that they weren't directly threatening anyone. In fact, their bearer was smiling at the cameras and waving good-naturedly.

Passing through the door, she gave a wink to the door guards; they let her, a nova, pass through the doors, just like all the other novas. I'm so enjoying this, she grinned to herself, glancing around the area. It was packed with quite a few people - no, more than just people. Novas. And I'm one of them now.

But... how could she talk to any of them? She didn't know them! And with that, Sally's natural shyness reared. Looking around, she began to seek out her hostess; at least she knew Velvet.

Ai, after waiting for a little while, mentally shrugged and walked on through.

The Indochinese woman passed by a pillar and seemingly vanished. What emerged was a slight woman, delicate of feature and frame, with blue-black hair and slanted dark eyes who wore a brilliant red cheongsam embroidered with Double Happiness designs and firebirds. She carried a parcel wrapped in gauzy silk of palest lilac that remained utterly opaque.

She looked around the room, spotted Velvet and weaved her way through the crowd, waiting for her to be done with her current conversation partner.

"Fair enough." Revenant replied to Trooper. "Try and have yourself a good time alright? I don't want to have to come down here again."

He turned walked away, heading for the stairway and within moments he was back on the main floor. He stopped ad looked around as the crowd here was huge. He made his way back to the foyer, from there it was a matter of second to anywhere within The Club.

Long put away the pohne and excused himself from Preston. "I'll be back, someone needs to be taught a lesson in proper manners." Long made his way to the stairs and waited for the Elite Revenant had spoke of, His form shiting and becoming metallic. Andonio reached the bottom of the stairs to find himself staring into the broad white and black metallic-furred chest of Shen-Khan, one of the most notorious Elites.

"Idiots like you are a discredit to all of us, now begone before I make you think you're a six year old girl for the remainder of your pathetic life." His voice rumbled with anger, and to seal the deal he flooded his body with quantum energy and further enhanced his menacing visage.

Andonio was taken aback, Shen-Khan was dead and gone, yet here he stood, in all his fearsome power. His mind was overloading at the immense raw power radiating from ShenKhan and the glowing green energy wreathing his fists and claws. He knew what that meant, and fell back, terrified by the monstrous Elite before him.

It was known Shen-Khan killed all novas he deemed weak. In that moment of total terror he lost control of his bowels and ran from the bar, humiliated and broken.

Long waited till he left and reassumed his normal state. He stopped by the bar and ordered a "Wrath" and returned, drink in hand to Preston. "Sorry about that, a friend called in a favor, and I am a man who pays his debts."

Handing the large bag to the woman he wondered if he could ask her if it was enough to purchase a private performance but he immediatly thought better of it. Instead he let the bag go with the simple remark. "I think there is over one hundred thousand in there but I am not really sure. I didn't count it." He shrugs and gives another smile to the hostess before he sees the small asian woman standing near the office doorway apparently awaiting her turn to speak to the woman. "Hey I know you are busy so once we lock this up I will let you get back to your meet and greet. Still if you see me around later I would be more than happy to talk to you again."

Ben gave the asian woman a friendly grin as he waited for his money to be secured and he couldn't help turning back to give velvets backside a hard look as she turned away to deal with the cash. It really just could not be helped.

Velvet closed her eyes, concentrating on the weight of the sizeable duffel bag in her hands. In her mind's eye, she envisioned the satchel and the money it contained, overlaying them with an image not unlike the "snow" resulting from lost signals or obsolete parts on video equipment. She could feel her own skin begin to tingle in response as quantum energy rippled through her body. It was, as always, a faintly uncomfortable sensation, as though every part of her anatomy had fallen asleep simultaneously. Even after years of practice, she could never quite decide what the effervescent feeling actually was.

Opening her eyes once more, she stepped through the bare wall opposite the window like a phantom, molecules shifting and sliding imperceptibly until she exited into a small but comfortably furnished room on the other side. Deftly, the violet-haired vixen deposited the bag on a low side table within her private sanctuary and returned whence she'd come.

"There, now. Safe and sound, and I'd love to chat with you later. Please, in the meantime, take in all that we have to offer you here. Feel free to explore, and enjoy." Her warm smile was sincere as she clasped his hands in a pleasant grip that felt much more solid than her disappearance would have allowed.

Ptesan-Wi bolted past more than a bit discomforted by Revenant's theatening speach and posture. Such bullying was not something that endeared him to either of the Boston novas, but par for the course from what was generally said about him.

Selena choked back a low growl and made her way back to Preston's side, grasping his hand and squeezing for support. Not only was attacking the Jack-Ass poor form, it was likely to get her mangled, if not dead.

Preston barely gave the thug a moment's look before looking back toward Nova. Glancing toward Long,

"A surprising number of people from Ibiza are here tonight. How interesting."

Revenant races by and soon after, Long gets his call, moving off to do his break some unfortunates spirit and soul. Long comes back and oddly apologizes. Preston shrugs and says,

"It beats the mydriad number of far more unfortunate possibilities that were presenting themselves. A minimal amount of force was used to defuse potential violence. That is something I generally approve of."

Looking past their little troop, Preston sighs.

"We'll have to wait for Ms. Vincent to return before greeting her, Selena. After that, I could do with a nice, long, slow dance."

To Nova, Meghan, and Long, Preston adds,

"Doesn't a nice waltz or tango sound like something to sweep away stress of a busy fall?"

"You have no idea Prestion." Then he chuckles lightly as he considers who he's talking to. "Perhaps you do though, perhaps you do." He looks over to Flicker/Meghan and smiles. "If you'd like to conserve your energy I could go get Neil, though you'd have to tell me where to go."

Ben couldn't resist taking the offered hand and giving it a small kiss. Not that he knew the first thing about that sort of etiquette but it felt right so he made it happen.

"Thanks. I think I will go do some exploring now and see what sort of playground you have created here."

He released Velvet's hand smiling from ear to ear. "Talk to you again soon." He could have tried harder to hit and made more a fool of himself but the moderation seemed to work and he turned giving the woman waiting for the hostess a smiling nod before strolling to the bar to begin his first round of people watching for the evening.

Flicker cocked her head to one side, charmed and intrigued by the senior Preston's manner of speaking. She smiled broadly enough for her expression to show through the close-fitting second skin and her eyes danced in the semi-darkness.

"I'd love a dance with you," she said to Preston, offering her hand.

"Neil's at our place in Rio, if that's what you want to do," Meghan replied to Long. "If he freaks, tell him I said it was okay."

Damn, Meghan thought, staring at Selena. I wonder if she's bi.

Upstairs of the club, still on stage, Simone rocks through a number of songs. Metallica, Blind Guardian, Black Sabbath, Iced Earth, a few from bands more obscure, finally ending with Throw Up Your Rock Fist before Simone puts the guitar down almost an hour later. She grins out at all her listeners, and puts the guitar back on the stand to wend her way over to Jager.

"That was fun! Thanks for the encouragement." She insinuates her arm through his and leads him back towards the first floor. "In case you noticed, I didn't do any original songs up there as a way of encouraging you to come see me in Vegas. Did it work?"

A low altitude flight takes him just below the clouds as Amped flies across the Chicago skyline, Saori's hand in his. It had been a while since he had last seen Saori, though any amount of time is too long. Unforunately bad circumstances had brought her to Chicago this time, and it was something that definitely had her upset.

Amped was shirtless tonight revealing his small but muscular blue frame, and showing off the wonderful Irezumi Saori had given him. The two of them landed outside of the club. "Are you sure you still want to come Saori? I'm sure Long will be here, and I just need to make an appearance for work, but I can take you back home and come back for only a short amount of time then we can go do our own thing."

A lean, strong arm slips around my waist and pulls a goddess in close to me, enough that I can smell whatever expensive ambrosia she's dusted her frame with this evening. I don't know what it is, but it's intoxicating. It's rare that a woman can put on perfume without smelling like the urinal in a Portugese whorehouse, but Erin pulls it off. I find myself wanting her even more than I did a second ago.

"Nah", I tell her. I don't want her to get the wrong idea about me. "I ain't no teleporter, I just own one, I guess y'could say." I slip one arm around her curvacious waist and draw her even closer to me than she was before, something that took more than a little bit of strength. I unhook the apparati belt and extend it around her frame as well, being careful as my meaty mitts can allow to not mess up that knockout dress, but I ain't too proud to let my fingertips paw at the top of those finely-sculpted cheeks as I go. I focus on her breathing as I take my damn sweet time, but I get us both locked in quick enough. I tell her "Hold on close", unnecessarily, and active the porter.

We end up in the parking lot at the flying J, maybe fifty feet afield from where I parked. I undo the belt like I was removing an article of her own clothing and wrap the thing back into my coat. I let my arm up from around her, and she seperates from me, but goddamned if she don't seem awfully reluctant to do so. I gesture over to the Shelby with a nod of my head, "That's my ride." I keep in step with her up to the rig, then dart ahead of her to open up the passenger side for her. "We're not far from Babylon", I nod to her. "I thought you might enjoy a brief joyride along the way."

It wasn't difficult to pick out the slight, but lovely raven-haired woman in the striking red and gold cheongsam... especially since she seemed to be waiting for the opportunity to catch Velvet's attention.

With the ever-present smile lingering on her lips, she reclaimed her drink and strode over to where Ai stood waiting patiently.

"Good evening! I'm so glad you could make it out here. Didn't have any trouble getting in the door, I hope?"

"No," Saori said softly, "we planned to do this long before Long and I argued." She straighted out her kimono-influenced dress, pleased that the bike shorts underneath weren't ruining the lines of her dress. She smiled at those so-loved blue eyes and features, placing a gentle hand on his cheek. "And I know you want to come, as do I. Long will not cause trouble, even if he is angry with me."

They walked the gauntlet, Amped waving to the city he defended as his graceful companion moved at his side like a dancer, her eyes shyly adverted from the cameras. Silently, she followed him into the building, holding tight to his hand.

Amped approached with his 'date'. Within a moment his eyes peered into their souls verifying their existence as novas. He could careless about exterior appearances, his he could not read em, they were not getting in with out a good excuse.

The approached and were quickly by Revenant already blocking their way. "Now I know you ain't of age kid." He started his finger about chest level with Amped. " Knight or not, you ain't of age, so don't even try some line. Just cuz you and your date are novas doesn't mean laws do not apply to you. The law in Chicago is 21 after 10pm. It's 10:47, truck on outta here."

[so this doesn't end up in Limbo, I'm taking liberties with dialogue. If this is a problem, we'll deal with it, but for now let's not hold up the flow of the fic.]

"Oh, come on Revenant! Please? Seriously, all we want to do is have a little fun and mingle a bit." Amped began his protest. While the he looked older his actual young age of seventeen came through as he pleaded for his chance to party on a Friday night with his date and here was 'daddy' not giving him the car keys. "I swear dude, all the things I've ever said about you, I'll take back...” he paused for clarification. “Okay, most of them… come on, hook me up."

The kid's fire amused him. He didn't take ‘no’ for an answer, and Revenant knew how he would feel if he was embarrassed in front of a date like the one Amped had in his hand now. Perhaps it was the crisp clean air, or the fine steak he had for dinner, or maybe it was the radiant smile that had been plastered on Velvet's face all evening. Whatever it was, a cord within Revenant was struck that had placed him in a good mood. "Alright kid, tell you what, since you and I go way back," He looked to his date, and back at Amped. "And since I owe ya one for that time." He lied, letting Saori hear it hoping it would score Amped a few more points on her "I'm Impressed" meter for the evening (whether he needed it or not). "I'll see what I can do. But remember, I'm not the boss. I'll have to ask her, but I'll at least put in a word for ya."

Within moments a member of the security staff was whispering Velvet's ear explaining to her that her presence was request in the foyer.

Pulling herself back together, Ptesan-Wi headed toward the main-level bar. Not that she dreamed of actually ordering anything with alcohol in it; aside from the fact that she had nothing resembling I.D. and the fear that some of this stuff would be ramped up to lethal levels to better suit the nova clientele, there was a deep-set distaste associated with the liquid drug. She had seen all too many of the People fall sway to its charms, knew all too well that the genetics of Native Americans left them vulnerable to White Man’s Burden. These were genetics that were now her own, and the last thing she needed to do was to start down that dismal road. No, a ginger ale would be just fine.

She had her soda-pop in hand and was taking a sip when she saw, through the rim of the glass, a certain someone that fit a description she had been given months ago. “She only wears black until something darker comes along,” Wakinyan had said, “but she’s also great in crimson so dark that it might as well be black. She can go Euro-goth, and it fits her music, but her best is when she’s wearing something right out of 1940s Hollywood. You should meet her sometime.” She was smoking something, a cigarillo that had an almost orange tinge to it, and that fit her mate’s description as well.

OK, let’s hope it’s her. Ptesan-Wi stepped over to the tightly-wrapped beauty, cleared her throat, and asked the question. “Excuse me, but would you by any chance be Noir?”

Noir lounged in the club, her small form, relaxed demeanor and obvious lack of the typical traits which make so many novas stand out helped her to avoid much notice for the time being, though there were a few checking out her curves. The light scent of rose oil lingered around her, mixing with the peach scent smoke of her cigarillo as she surveyed her surroundings, somewhat reflexively analyzing them and the people moving about.

Blinking once, obviously distracted by something, but not really looking at anything in particular, Noir looked over to the voice that addressed her, honestly a bit surprised at being recognized. She knew this was Chicago and if the Knights ever figured out who she was, they would probably want to ‘talk’ to her at the very least for her involvement with Wakinyan’s escape from them some months ago. Quantum surged through her as she began to look at the waves of possibilities, preparing herself… just in case.

“I do believe I am.” She said with a small smile as she looked at the woman addressing her and mentally relaxed just a bit.

“And you are…?” she then asked, already quite certain of the woman’s identity, but still keeping her habits ‘clean’, so to speak.

[Apperance 4 (Exotic), Sexy Merit, 3 successes on Style, currently using Analyze Weakness on the club’s security and has brought up Foresight and Hypercognition as well as her “Avoidance” power. She also has That Creepy Feeling.]

The Lakota woman gave a warm smile as Noir's identity was confirmed. "I'm Ptesan-Wi, but I was still going by Thoughtwave when you helped my mate. Which is why I'm glad to meet you; I never got the chance to thank you. I appreciate what you did for him, and I know that he did as well."

[Appearance 4 (Exotic), Mega-Appearance 1, Appearance Alteration in use for the soft white aura and glowing blue eyes, 7 successes on Style (Lakota) for a kick-ass native look. Charisma 3 and Mega-Charisma 2 going full-force on trying to make a good impression.]

Noir motioned over to a table with a casual wave of her hand and stepped over to it, taking a seat and leaning back in the chair slightly crossing her arms and lifting her cigarillo to her lips.

“Well, you are quite welcome. I could… sympathize.. with his state of mind at the time, I suppose. Things have a way of spiraling out of control when all that is really needed is just a few moment to stop and think. He wasn’t thinking. I tried to talk some since into him. To open his eyes to his situation and reality. To show what he had done and how every action has repercussions. It seemed like it helped, but I really do not know.”

Noir then pulled out the small case and opened it, revealing the cigarillos stored neatly inside. She offered the case to Ptesan-Wi, thinking that she might like some tobacco.

“Would you like one? They’re peach.” She commented.

[Apperance 4 (Exotic), Sexy Merit, 3 successes on Style, currently using Human Nature on Ptesan-Wi and Analyze Weakness on the club’s security and has brought up Foresight and Hypercognition as well as her “Avoidance” power. She also has That Creepy Feeling.]

Archived