[OpNet] Yo

z-Brawlzilla

I think I could lie, and be nice. I could tell the truth and be cruel.. Or I can simple say hello. S I say this, I wish you the best life for you. I wish you understand that you are not your job and you pay check is not worth your soul.

Quote:
Originally posted by Brawlzilla:
So... this place is where all the cool novas hang out? My stage name is Brawlzilla, but y'all can call me Sally. Nice to meet y'all, though I do know some of ya already.
Welcome to the forums. Looks like your first welcome wasn't as warm, but I'm more into warm housewarmings. Welcome aboard, and whatever you do, don't feed the trolls. Unless it's Doc Troll. He's cool.

Quote:
Originally posted by Li Ai Jun Yen:
Welcome Sally.

Or do you prefer Brawlzilla?
Either is fine. I answer to both. wink

Endeavor: Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Y.T.:
I think I could lie, and be nice. I could tell the truth and be cruel.. Or I can simple say hello. S I say this, I wish you the best life for you. I wish you understand that you are not your job and you pay check is not worth your soul.
Or you could quit with the pseudo-intellectual bullshit and just tell me what you think to my face. Then I can fuckin' laugh in your face about what pretentious shit you are.

How's that sound?

Li Ai Jun Yen: Like I said, I answer to both. Most people seem to prefer Sally, go figure. wink And quick question - do you gotta have a nova name? I mean, most do, but I wouldn't think ya had to.

Machina: Yeah, I'm not so pleased about it myself. Being super-strong and shit like that is cool, but the whole flashin' bit - how did that one sports writer put it? Oh, yeah, "a display that was both arousing and terrifying; seeing breasts bigger than myself gave a flashback to my childhood." Yeah. And some of my "quantum manifestations" suck. But it's better than bein' dead.

Flicker: Thanks, and it's good to see you here, too.

Timeslip: Hey. Nice ta meetcha.

Dr. Troll: Thanks for the welcome. Well, for starters, they'd better give me a fuckin' raise. And they'll probably change my fights - you know, who I fight and I'll probably end up in a circle instead of moving around. Beyond that, I imagine not much will change, really.

Revenant: Nice to fuckin' meet you too. What is it with rude shits out here? To answer your question, I don't give three fucks about what you think about God. And the short answer: Fuck you. Happy?

White Rat: Thanks for the welcome. It was quite a show; the sponsors were tickled. You can probably find both edited and unedited versions on the OpNet somewhere. Between you and me, I'd go for edited, unless you like brain scars.

Welcome to the forums, Sally. If you have any questions, or need help with anything- even if it's just clothing advice wink - don't hesitate to ask.

Oh, and if you're ever in Chicago, feel free to stop by Club Babylon. I've shifted the opening to next weekend, so that more people will be able to attend. ...And it'll fall on Friday the 13th, which is perfect, eh?

Anything's better'n bein' dead, beautiful, so that ain't saying too much. Still, no reason not to make the most of what you've got. When life hands you shit, might as well make a mud pie. You mind letting us all in on what you plan on doing with your new life as one of the tin gods?

Shit, a girl goes out to try to drink a fifth of scotch (no, it didn't work) and gets lotsa love. I think I'm gonna like it here.

Y.T.: Ah, you're one of them novas. Yeah. Consider yerself ignored.

Max: Hey! Always good to see a friend here.

Velvet: Yeah, thanks for all that, and I'll try to make your opening - the XWF is wanting to push me out into the ring, keep my momentum going, so I may have a meet that evening. But if not, I'll be there.

Neil: I'd love to get together, man. Buzz me with a couple of times that work for you, and I'll find one that works with my calendar.

Lou Anne: Oh, heh... not that kinda stage name. I'm a fighter in the XWF. I haven't been to any of the big matches, though I'll probably make the one in December this year now that I'm the "better, badder Brawlzilla." But thanks for the welcome!

Long: Thanks for the welcomes.

Machina: The same thing I was doing before my eruption. Yes, I know, I know... how lazy of me. I know the Utopians were really disappointed in me. Still, the fuckers wouldn't put me in T2M - I got a "support position" offer. Which means, "we get to count you when the bean heads do our stats, but the public doesn't get to see your fugly face in our suits."

Tommy T.: Thanks for the welcome, but I gotta disappoint you. I was technically dead; thankfully my node was able to repair my heart before my brain shut down. But yeah, being a nova is neat - I've had some fun trying out the new bod, and I'm lovin' the huge contract I just signed.

Sally:

I hear that your new gifts may not be seen by many as 'desirable'. Shortly after my eruption, I had a hard time looking at myself in the mirror. I was not a handsome person by any measure, and my eruption did me no favors in that department. I did, however, learn that what I had, inside, was of much greater worth than beauty. Unfortunately, not everyone is that enlightened.

You will find among baselines, intense feelings of apprehension and even loathing. That is unfortunate, but also a reality. I myself have had to deal with the alienation that can be felt by having altered physical attributes. Most are baselines, and even human-looking Nova are frightened by them.

Me and my associates embrace the beauty of difference, oddity, and monstrosity. We can understand your pain. If you need help dealing with the changes you have gone through, you can always contact me privately.

Sally,

A nova name is not necessary, I feel, though I will admit to considering one. Unfortunately, the only one to suit my abilities and nature does not translate well into Chinese, and the English would only inspire mockery.

Make certain that you are aware of your value before you negotiate your new deal. I did not, and I did myself great harm.

And remember - novas need to eat more than baselines, much more. I may be saying something you already know, but I did not know, and I was starving myself.

Sally,

Welcome to the One Race, my dear. Your eruption was both terrifying and awe-inspiring to behold. I am glad that you seem to be well-adjusted despite the physical issues; many novas do not deal with such matters even half as well as you seem to be doing. My compliments.

So am I to understand that you will be renegotiating with the XWF and continuing to compete in the ring? I wish you well on that course if it is the one that makes you happy. During my occassional chats with other gladiators here, such as Stellar, Mythic and Ultimax, I have come to change a lot of my previously held views on your profession. It is as a self-described Terat that I say that, at best, your career is an excellent example of nova athleticism, showmanship, and courage. Even at it's worst, it is still several rungs above working for Utopia, and several hundred rungs above working as an Elite. At least you're not paid to oppress or kill people. Entertainment is a worthy dedication of one's talents.

Keep up the good work.

Archived