[OpNet] Goodbye for now

Wakinyan

This will be the last post I make on the OPnet for a while. I cannot say how long it will be.

I have decided to leave and try to find my true self. Free of distraction and an attempt to get to the center of my being.

There are a lot of people I owe apologies to. The list would be a true mess if I named them all but know this. I am sorry for all the pain and suffering I have caused. Hopefully when I can return I will no long cause the grief I have caused.

I consider many of you friends and some of you family. Know that where I go I will miss and think of you every day and even though it will be worlds away my heart will still be with you.

Lila waste icimani icagiya na nun.*

*(good journey brothers and sisters)

Christ, WakiToDan, how you do go on. Remember that cross I told you I was going to buy you? It's in the mail. Promise. Why the drama slut routine? You want to stop being a prick? It's easy: stop being a prick. Apologize, do what you can to make up for it, and don't do it again.

But that'd be too simple for you, right? Everything's got to be some epic fuckin' quest with you, because you're a GAAAAAAAAAWD, and because anything less than some self-flagellating pityfest doesn't get you the same sloppy outpouring of emotion and well-wishing. "Bye, Waki! Good luck! We'll miss you!" It'd be touching if it wasn't so fucking transparent. You know why you can't just man up and be a better man? Because you're not a better man. Take notes, WakiToDan; there is no "true self" for you to find. The shallow, lazy, lecherous, hedonistic, atavistic guy you see in the mirror? That is your "true self", dickhead. I strongly suggest you do your level best to lose your true self, if you've finally discovered what a douchebag he is. Get yourself a new self and spare us the theatrics. I'm sure it'll play to your size-of-fucking-Jupiter ego to have everyone missing you and worrying about you and happy when you return, but it's not necessary, and it's just playing into the shittiest aspect of your current character: the part of you that's egotistical, manipulative, and self-important.

And yeah, I know, you've probably already said your tearful goodbyes and written little love notes to those closest to you, and now you've posted this spread-eagle bid for attention, but let it go. I promise, nobody's going to laugh if you just say "You're right, I'm being a king kong fucking vagina, and I just need to get over myself and try to be a better man." Nobody will think less of you. And if they do, they'll have me to deal with.

Just be a fuckin' man.

Machina,

If you were a quarter the person that Wakinyan is, you would not be hiding behind your wall of insults.

Let my mate try to do what he has to do. It is bad enough that I must endure his absence in the coming seasons, that I will be alone through winters and summers alike and wonder when he may be ready to return to me; do not make me endure your ridicule of him as well.

Lady, your "mate" is a nineteen year-old kid who thinks he's a god. I'm doing a public fucking service by dressing him down and telling him like it is. There is no "finding yourself" at nineteen. That's something jackass upper-middle class white kids do after they get out of high school. If your boyfriend was a quarter the god he thinks he is, he'd either accept what he is and deal with it or he'd just decide he wanted to be a different way and make it so. What your little boyfriend is going through is called "melodrama", and it's about as natural to dipshit teenagers as acne and masturbation. It's a shame there isn't someone with the strength to deliver the quantum-powered bitch slap he'd need to get through that thick fucking skull of his; for most of us, our dads manage it just fine.

But you're right, it was insensitive and callous of me to force you to read what I wrote. How dare I "make" you "endure" such a grievous insult. But hey, as long as I apparently have total control over you, how about a grief lay?

Machina, he could be worse. He could one day wake up and try to do something with his power besides fucking everything that moves.

Stellar shut up. You for a living live fake drama. You are herded about like cocks.You told who and when to fight by corporate pressed spin doctors who make their livings by sucking what little brains are left in the shells of the franchised zombies. You are no more real than some reality pod cast. You have no fucking right to call someone else a drama queen, cause baby drama queening is your life.

Something needs to be made clear. Wakinyan will not be reading your posts. He posted a message here to say good-bye to friends and to try to make his regrets clear to those who he had hurt over the past three years.

This isn't a vacation or a retreat for him. He's going to be gone for years, if not decades, and these message threads may very well no longer be here when he returns.

So I will ask you, nicely - please just let it be.

If this Wakinyan fellow is going to be gone for years it does no harm for those who wish to continue speaking to do so. Much like a wake its not the dead who are served by the event.

You say he is your mate. In this I can see a motivation for the desire to close the matter but simply resisting the temptation to read what is written serves as well.

I had the opportunity to interact with "that damned teenager" when he was in the custody of the Windy City Knights. What I found was an earnest and troubled young man who was locked into an outsized body and even more outsized social role for his culture.

I have watched him struggle with these things, and try to better himself. I have seen him take steps forward and fall back, but I can and will say that he never stops trying.

If this time away from here helps Wakinyan to grow into his life - or helps him to find a life more suited to who he is inside - I for one will be glad to see it; there is a lot of potential in this young man, and it would be a shame to see him continue to stumble into the pitfalls that have dotted his path for the past three years.

Ptesan-Wi, if you do hear from Wakinyan, please convey the above to him.

I didn't think my statement was cryptic, Machina. In fact, I thought it was pretty clear, at least to anyone who has seen or heard of the things of which Timeslip is capable. But since you seem to be having some trouble connecting the very large and obvious dots, I can spell things out for you so that they are less challenging: Wakinyan has gone to an alternate timeline; he is not a "time traveler" in the classic sense.

There - is that better, or does your "giant, thick, meaty, throbbing, quivering grey matter" need more clarification?

Look up the definition of "chronoplanar" sometime, y'fuckin' backward-ass split-tail. That's how us grown-up, science people refer to the collective strata of time and dimensional space.

It's natural that you'd need me to explain that to you. After all, you live with a nineteen year-old who tells you he's god and you believe him!

I've known a coupla skirts woulda swore the sun rose and set in my pants, but I've never been able to sell them on the "god" thing. Guess I should start tryin' when they're young and will believe anything.

I'm actually aware of the meaning of "chronoplanar". I'm also aware of the accepted meaning of the phrase "time traveller". You are the one who chose to use both terms, and that indicates that you weren't certain which applied.

As for the rest of your rant: a non-sequitur anchored by childish insults does not a brilliant mind reveal.

Machina is attempting to point out in his unique way what you view as seperate events are not seperate. It as if you were attempting to draw a distinction between trips taken by automobiles using the intended destinations as a criteria. It's not completely invalid but it is arbitrary.

Machina is attempting to point out nothing of the sort, Mr. Frost; he's resorting to pedantics only because doing so backs up his insults.

The only thing that Machina is truly attempting to point out is that he believes himself to be far enough above the rest of us that we are worthy only of his scorn and derision.

Meanwhile, the only thing that Machina succeeds at pointing out is that he is incapable of anything other than scorn and derision, no matter how advanced his raw cognitive strength may be. For all of his vaunted grey matter, he's has a personality every bit as nausea-inducing as a portrait of Sloppy Joe... and in a way, every bit as pitiable.

Quote:
Originally posted by Machina:
Look up the definition of "chronoplanar" sometime, y'fuckin' backward-ass split-tail. That's how us grown-up, science people refer to the collective strata of time and dimensional space.

It's natural that you'd need me to explain that to you. After all, you live with a nineteen year-old who tells you he's god and you believe him!

I've known a coupla skirts woulda swore the sun rose and set in my pants, but I've never been able to sell them on the "god" thing. Guess I should start tryin' when they're young and will believe anything.
You think you can say anything to her that will change her mind? She not only will think of the boy a god, but that only one nova can find him. after all she has never seen what Ashnod can do. I have, and timeslip is well a child in her own right.

Personality is important in "soft" events like those of social interaction. It is far less important, often irrelevent, in "hard" events of achieving a measurable goal. Understanding his point of view is no less worthy an endeavor than for instance understanding that of Procyon or Timeslip. I find it unwise to allow perceptions of personality to be a criteria in anything other than purely social situations.

Machina, your are a caustic and harsh man, but you are not incorrect. I suppose sometimes that truth must be delivered with a knife, but oh, how you delight in twisting it.

It would be a lie to say that I'm sad Wakinyan is gone. I do not and never liked him. That said, if running away helps him to become a better man, then I hope he comes back successful. People seek improvement through many channels, and if this is what he has chosen, so be it. It seems as though he's making a lot of personal changes of late and I hope he returns satisfied with what he is.

Archived