[OpNet] Quick Music Poll

Velvet

If any of you have been down Clark Street recently in Chicago, you've probably seen the mess I'm making of one of the buildings toward the north end. I'm opening a night club soon, and since all of you are, potentially, my guests, I'd like to get your opinions.

"What sort of music do you listen to?" and "Do you prefer live bands, or a DJ?"

Obviously I've got my own preferences, but I'd love to hear from you guys what you'd like to see (musically speaking) at Club Babylon.

Anything with a driving, tribal-style drum beat is my favorite for dancing. Recently, I've gotten quite attached to some of the music coming out of Africa onto the international dance scene. A lovely blend of primal and modern.

Quote:
Originally posted by Flicker:
Memo to self: keep Wakinyan as far from my children as possible.
Didn't you meet Dorothy at the party? She is a hotty for a freshman. Both Dorothys are actually very cute and trouble with a capital T for me. So I guess what I am saying Flicker is, maybe you are right. shocked

Quote:
Originally posted by Flicker:
Are you so hard up for smart-guy points that you needed to score one off a newbie like me? You must be getting slow in your dotage. smile
I ain't the one who was near the gallons of baby batter and didn't say "hmm, maybe I should keep my future rugrats away" until days later. Not that I should blame you, most people have an odd reaction to the furball in person.

Thank you all for your responses! You've definitely helped me sort out a large part of the music issue, and I appreciate the input. Hopefully we'll have enough variety to satisfy most of you.

(My personal taste, for anyone interested, runs more to Sam Cooke, Marvin Gaye, and Otis Redding than synth-anything, but I'll listen to anything that can make me move.)

Archived