[OpNet] I thought I'd announce this before the Media jumped all over this.

Sakurako Hino

It's official, I am now with the WCK as a full member. Finally I've joined up with the group I gave the initial inspiration to Bandwidth to found.

Now that I am finally in with the project I helped inspire, there are a few things that need to be straightened out.

1: This was My and Bandwidth's baby. Inspired from what we were able to do together.

2: The WCK is for all intent and purpose a Municipal Defender group. Not some "Real World" spin-off. Get that through your thick skulls. If you're in it for the fame or the lights, to steal an early 2000's acronym... GTFO.

3: There IS going to be changes, and if it takes a herculean effort to do it, and it takes a few tweaked noses in the process, it has to be done. The WCK is without a rudder at the moment. It's time the Captain arrived and took her place at the conn and steered this ship to calmer waters.

Scandal, Contraversy, and sheer Insanity has marred what I wanted to be something great.

Time to clean the tarnish off.

Chicago and even the Great-Lakes/Midwest region better take notice. WCK is due for bigger and better things. Endeavor is home, and the WCK is ready to go.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Endeavor to the Windy City Knights. She was indeed one of the original minds behind the team, and has been of significant assistance to the Knights as an outside consultant for some time now. It is only fitting that she now wear the uniform alongside those of us who are more recent arrivals.

As I believe you all know, Endeavor is not one to hide her exuberance, and I would appreciate it if her policy-related comments were not taken out of the context of celebration in which they were intended. Changes are in store for the Knights, but at at this point, I would prefer to not elaborate on those plans.

Again, welcome aboard, Endeavor!

-- Sandcaster, Field Team Leader, Windy City Knights

Ah...welcome to our intrepid band of stalwart defenders of this great metropolis we call "Chicago", Endeavor!

Yes, together we will right wrongs in the rightest way that wrongs have ever been righted. Why, I'm certain that with your rudder of knowledge, this mighty ship of justice will ply safely through even the darkest waters of villainy; our moral compass setting us on a straight and narrow course of freedom and

-------<<<485: OPNET LINK DISCONNECTED>>>-------

Quote:
Originally posted by Dorothy Roberts:
Umm...
Heh, and my boy Interceptor too. When someone isn't heard from for like... ever, you forget. I'm sorry for the inaccuracy.

As for my comments, I have seen a few dings in the WCK armor recently. I took it that a "take charge" initial remark would let peole knwo that I'm here to help repair any damage to the WCK's reputation that was caused regarding the incident with Wakinyan a few months back.

Ever since, the WCK family has been drifting. Mostly apart.

With Jager not to be seen recently, Alchemist out and about, DigiGeist quiet as ever, and only good ol' Sandcaster running things to keep me company... Well... I tried doing a pep talk to get everyone lit up and get people talking again.

Unfortuantely I SUCK at such things and from some sources it sounded like I was putting the entire region on notice. I even freaked out a UN rep that deals with the WCK on a regular basis.

Not only was that NOT my original intent... I used the damn wrong words as well.

I'm EXITED I'm in. I'm EXITED that there is a new opportunity for me here.

Can you forgive my exeuberance?

But past that, I am anxious to start setting up PR meetings at various locations around Chicago in the next month with myself and the rest of the WCK to start getting friendly with the public again.

We're more than just an occasional OpNet show here.

But again, there is the primary mission of the WCK to regard as well. We're here to assist in times of crisis and disaster. DO NOT mistake us for anything else.

My comment regarding those that are in for the fame and the fortune may have been harsh and with bluster, but it's a fact. We're not actors. We are REAL NOVAS that are living our every day lives in the effort of making the areas under our watch better places. If you're in it just for the show, then perhaps you should reconsider your membership.

The WCK is due for bigger and better things. There is no where left to go BUT up.

I have to admonish though, that the WCK is more than just myself.

First, Interceptor and I, then later some extra effort put in by Bandwidth, got the WCK off of the ground, with an initial team. Later on, I backed off, citing possible conflict with the whole "reality show" concept and some conflict I felt from a Nova I had previously respected.

Interceptor left, and Bandwidth as well. My finally making it official that I was placing my lot with the WCK feels like a homecoming.

Perhaps now, a bit of the spirit will return to the WCK and we can start coming up with ways to keep ourselves from constantly sitting on our butts untill the next disaster strikes.

PR meet-and-greets help.
So does perhaps looking into possible VIP overwatch, so does other things Chicago might need us for.

I think the WCK should take this opportunity to think about what we do outside of just being there when things go wrong.

And is it just me, or is Crusader more Gung-Ho about this than I? ^.^

But again, sorry, foot in mouth, total newb on the team. I'll be sure to remind everyone at HQ to haze me properly.

Endeavor
-Embarassed as all hell
-WCK Research and Development
-Field Tester
-Resident Guneapig
-And... CEO of a corporation...

Quote:
Originally posted by Wakinyan:
Hey Rev do you ever find your attitude makes people want to eat your liver? Just curious because honestly you are as cheery as a daisy.
Cheery as a daisy? Cheery? I'm sorry I'm not all sunshine and giggles like lil miss Cosplay up there, but I've been having a rough time lately.

I cart my ass all the way to Chicago and find out Dr. Head-up-his-ass has a break down and decided to go on vacation! What the hell is up with that?! My fuckin' head is killing me and now I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do, I seriously doubt the WCK has anyone else on hand that would understand my condition.

So there... now ya know... now piss off Jr. Bird-man.

Okay let me make this easy for you and you can thank me later. Dr. Alchemist is good but you might also want to consider a fellow by the name of Neil Preston. One of the nicest guys I know and always willing to help others.

He is on this board a lot so he should see this.

As for pissing off... Well I'll try to help you first hence why I told you about Neil. If that doesn't work well, we will just cross that bridge when we get to it.

Don't laugh too hard kid. In its inception, this team was willing to jump through hoops to get Ashnod and Apep on board. You wouldn't be an easy fit, but then we are a cast of oddballs. laugh

If you are serious, get in touch with Sandcaster, or myself.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jager:
In its inception, this team was willing to jump through hoops to get Ashnod and Apep on board. You wouldn't be an easy fit, but then we are a cast of oddballs. laugh
Not so much as to forgo the financial backing Interceptor insisted could not be ignored. All members of the WCK had to agree to be contractually assigned and on the payroll of said backers - exceptions to this were unacceptable - as well as participants in the "reality show" style programming that the WCK was meant to be the centerpiece of.

Of course, no one has heard from Interceptor in some time, so everything that applied then may be irrelevant now, including the hoops that needed to be jumped through to get us on board.

Speaking of the little perks...

I have been researching into getting a better medical/dental plan for all WCK members. Not that the one you guys had was good, but I'm just penny pinching here.

That, and I'm seeing what could be done to streamline the finances and the expenditures the WCK has every day.

You know last month we had a 3000 dollar electric bill? That HAS to change. Who's been leaving the lights on in the bathroom? ^.^

Quote:
Originally posted by Endeavor:
I have been researching into getting a better medical/dental plan for all WCK members. Not that the one you guys had was good, but I'm just penny pinching here.
Awww, you're changing the dental, and I haven't even had a change to sign up yet! :P

Quote:
You know last month we had a 3000 dollar electric bill? That HAS to change. Who's been leaving the lights on in the bathroom? ^.^
Hey, I'm no electrian... but 3K for a facility as big as the WCK building, and with all its gadgets and doodads... I think that's pretty reasonable. But then... you're the genius, aren't you?

Hey, I only have a bill of $50 US. Then again, I do sell power to reduce my power bill.

Of course, I have figured out ways to make solar power so efficient, as to put out as much power as a diesel turbine. Now if I could figure out a way to make true low-temperature fusion, and make it safe enough to calm nuclear critics, I'm sure Chicago's power company would be more than happy to buy the technology.

After all, it's just Hydrogen becoming Helium.

Quote:
Hey, I only have a bill of $50 US. Then again, I do sell power to reduce my power bill.

Of course, I have figured out ways to make solar power so efficient, as to put out as much power as a diesel turbine.
Ok, wait. You sell power back to the company to save money? Why don't you just stick up another couple of your super-solar panels and have a $0 US bill? I mean, if you don't have to pay, then why do you?

Now that we're filled in on the bills and what-not... think you could maybe post some floor plans, patrol schedules, employee dossiers, secutiry specs, and perhaps the cafeteria lunch menu?

After all it's a public forum, I doubt anyone is reading this stuff.

Oh, and a pin-up of Stormwarden... I heard her clothes get skimpier, and skimpier with each passing day... heh.

Quote:
Originally posted by Flicker:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean McCline:
Ok, wait. You sell power back to the company to save money? Why don't you just stick up another couple of your super-solar panels and have a $0 US bill? I mean, if you don't have to pay, then why do you?
I suspect it has something to do with a short attention span.
It was a busy couple of months. Just now got things to the point I might MAKE money.

How much I won't say. ~.^

And Rev... No. I'm not THAT stupid.

Quote:
Originally posted by Revenant:
Oh, and a pin-up of Stormwarden... I heard her clothes get skimpier, and skimpier with each passing day... heh.
Honestly, I do not like clothes and I walk around naked whenever I can. Wearing the uniform is nice when I am on duty, but I can't stand wearing anything on underneath it. Such things itch and pinch horribly.
I do like the clothes I go clubbing in. A few of the men I work with were nice enough to help me shop for them. Once I informed them of my preferences, they were most enthusiastic. The less I wear and the less confining it is, the more natural I feel. I like the way the wind caresses my skin.
Revenant, thank you for your interest. It is very nice of you. I apologize, but I do not have a pin-up yet.

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormwarden:
Quote:
Honestly, I do not like clothes and I walk around naked whenever I can. Wearing the uniform is nice when I am on duty, but I can't stand wearing anything on underneath it. Such things itch and pinch horribly.
I do like the clothes I go clubbing in. A few of the men I work with were nice enough to help me shop for them. Once I informed them of my preferences, they were most enthusiastic. The less I wear and the less confining it is, the more natural I feel. I like the way the wind caresses my skin.
Revenant, thank you for your interest. It is very nice of you. I apologize, but I do not have a pin-up yet.
Damn, didn't think you read these things...

Whelp... I got a camera and some spare time if you're lookin to fix that whole "not having a pin-up" problem ya got. wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean McCline:
Quote:
Damn, didn't think you read these things...

Whelp... I got a camera and some spare time if you're lookin to fix that whole "not having a pin-up" problem ya got. wink
Stormwarden, make sure he buys you dinner first, at least, OK?
Hey, I'm doing this as a service to her... not to get a date.

Why do people always assume a guy has ulterior motives? I'm insulted.

Archived