[OpNet] Karaoke Night 2: Electric Boogaloo!

Wakinyan

Hello my friends.

Despite my disastrous attempt at social engagement I am willing to step back to the plate again.

I had a lot of fun with you all last year in Tokyo and I would like to do it again. This year for those interested I think it will be Vegas style!

Currently I am talking with Starlords Hotel, MGM and a few others on which would be the best place to let this let event go down. I think I will make this open invite this year and see how we go from there.

I am thinking about MidNovember. Anyone interested?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will attend this karaoke night on one condition: that everyone who hops up on stage either knows how to sing, or limits themselves to the Talking Heads song 'Once In a Lifetime.'

Because I can think of six highly invasive medical procedures I would rather go through than sit through 'Leeroy Brown' sung in two seperate keys, or listening to someone try and fail to hit a high F.

One of the minor side benefits of my eruption is that I wound up with perfect pitch, which can be a blessing as well as a curse...

Quote:
Originally posted by Vixen:
Because I can think of six highly invasive medical procedures I would rather go through than sit through 'Leeroy Brown' sung in two seperate keys, or listening to someone try and fail to hit a high F.
Interesting. I believe I've heard the guy you're refering to sing that exact song (Leroy Brown) in ways no living ear should have to suffer through. By chance, did he also torture you with his version of "Born to Be Wild?"

Of course they are making my day! This will be even better than last year. I think I must have song bird in me or something. laugh

White Rat. Where you do live? I might be able to swing it however there is a small private event I am planning before the main event so I cannot promise I will get away. Best bet is for you to bum a ride from a teleporter anyway. My rides tend to not be for everyone some have insisted on getting off.

I can assure you, Aberrant Beast, that I and my fellows shall march into the City of Sin and picket your vile spectacle at whatever whoremongering house of debauchery that is so brazen as to host your display. We will be there to pray for your immortal souls, and to warn others away from your sick exhibition.

Quote:
Originally posted by Brother Jacob:
I can assure you, Aberrant Beast, that I and my fellows shall march into the City of Sin and picket your vile spectacle at whatever whoremongering house of debauchery that is so brazen as to host your display. We will be there to pray for your immortal souls, and to warn others away from your sick exhibition.
I guess you saw my little blue silk and Celtic pin number that I wore to last year's one. Don't worry - this year's one will be even more spectacular.

smile

Anyone is welcome to come if you like. That includes you Flicker as well as White Rat. The only persons I would flat out not want there are Charr, Leviathan or Geryon but I doubt they would bother with something like this anyway.

However with the growing crowd I need to make sure that the place that puts us up is ready to deal with us.

Also please do not bother with Jacob or his crowd (At least not there). We don't need to gratify them by causing a scene or spilling their blood. They want to worship us by hate let them.

If this is your first time to Karaoke Club,

You have to sing. Fear not though everything that happens in Vegas as always, stays in Vegas.(or at least until the video hits the opnet 30 seconds later. wink ) Me personally I have a few bang up acts planned.

Oh and Also, the date I am looking at now is Saturday November 14th so you can all start making plans.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wakinyan:
Anyone is welcome to come if you like. That includes you Flicker as well as White Rat. The only persons I would flat out not want there are Charr, Leviathan or Geryon but I doubt they would bother with something like this anyway.

However with the growing crowd I need to make sure that the place that puts us up is ready to deal with us.

Also please do not bother with Jacob or his crowd (At least not there). We don't need to gratify them by causing a scene or spilling their blood. They want to worship us by hate let them.

If this is your first time to Karaoke Club,
You have to sing. Fear not though everything that happens in Vegas as always, stays in Vegas.(or at least until the video hits the opnet 30 seconds later. wink ) Me personally I have a few bang up acts planned.

Oh and Also, the date I am looking at now is Saturday November 14th so you can all start making plans.
11-14? Can do! ^_^

Vixen-I'm not going to speak for the whole group, but I'm sure it would be ok. And last year went without a hitch so I doubt anybody would use their powers this time around. There wouldn't be any reason anyway.

On a side note, after last year and knowing who's going to be there this year Las Vegas is going to be packed with people trying to catch a glimpse. Should be interesting.

I promise to act decently and treat the monkeys with 'respect'. I also will not use my powers, unless a certain groups of novas decide to disturb me. You know who you are.

What am I saying? These are your goody-goody crusading types, who can't help themselves whenever a nova tries to be himself. They always got to be workin' for 'The Man'.

The chances of my ugly mug making an appearance are slim, but I will try.

Archived