Aberrant: Children of Quantum Fire - OOC: Discussions

Krul

Warp: Having discussed this with a certain player, Warp with Selective Permeability can not be used to affect an entire world...
Thank you... Warp is not Quantum Inferno. I don't mind the idea that Warren can obliterate the planet by Warp Gating to the Middle of the Sun... but the idea that any 1st Gen can do this with a powermax (at Q3 no less) gives me serious pause.

That one needed a nerf bat... however IC Warren thinks/strongly suspects he can do this.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys - internet has been dead at my house for the last couple days and this morning my tire blew with all my books in the trunk and so they went with the car - I'll try and get in and posted as soon as I can.

It's okay. You can save Darrik and Butch's butt if Demon and Thoughtwave turn out be able to mentally zap them. Calvary time!

Okay - this is ridiculous - I just can't get enough time to get caught up on what has happened in thread to get to post before work is over. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to take enough time to read and post. Internet at home still isn't working - a tech is suppose to go by the house and fix it [i'll be at work but someone will be there to let them in] so if all else fails I'll get on after I get home [likely at midnight] tomorrow night and make sure I get a post in. Krul, please feel free to npc Pip to whatever extent is needed to keep the story moving in the mean time. I truly to apologize for this delay.

I was sort of waiting for you to continue the stealth thread, I think Pip is likely to do something there, before the others do, regarding Demon in Rose's mind, even with Darrik making his action, Demon managed to remain within her mind... I think Pip might be able to do a bit more in that regard.. though, your still limited to physical actions, though you can make one power use action as part of them.

Interesting, Krul. Well, they're gone now save for Cora's two unless Courier wants to alter something.

And in relation to this quote from the Stealth Team thread 'Inside Warren2 had moved through the mountain to the other prisoners and was freeing them'... What a nice way of saying he probably scared the crap out of and/or killed quickly a bunch of mooks.

Definite family meeting fodder all this. I'm thinking next day game time once we play out the wonderful imediate fall out anf get to know the recuees. Yes?

Minor interjection, I didn't quite catch this... cora's two captives, and about 8 of the nova's on the ground, who were not dead.. are nova's not baselines.
Whoops. I (the player) had been thinking they were dead since the plan was to put them into the wood-chipper, but only one went.

...:shrug: Two captive is enough. Guess the others went with the other motherhunters.

It's not entirely clear, maybe even to Warren, what the plan was for that lot (i.e. after CTT when he was out of sight of the family) but the point is moot. There's an argument for killing them (so they don't come back stronger), but '3-named-didn't-die' thing was disconcerting. The whole CTT didn't exactly work as Warren planned, i.e. I can't convince myself that clones can survive node-less in another dimension.

And in relation to this quote from the Stealth Team thread 'Inside Warren2 had moved through the mountain to the other prisoners and was freeing them'... What a nice way of saying he probably scared the crap out of and/or killed quickly a bunch of mooks.
:)

Yes?
Agreed, good idea.

Do you have the Mental Link extra for your clones?... no, then no, they are not part of the network, unless pip adds them to the network..

Now, if you did have the mental link, you would never need her to add them to the network, they would be part of the network because they would be part of Warren's mental processes, as long as Warren was part of the link, they would be.. even from the other side of the universe.. sense there is no range on the mental link extra of clone, as long as Warren himself was close enough to Epiphany to be part of her network.

On another level, what that means is that unless you return to tell yourself, what your clones know might not be known to Warren, and on the unlikely chance a clone vanished or was killed before returning to Warren, it would mean that any information would be lost..

If you were wondering, the cost of adding that extra to clone is the same as adding a dot to the power, which at one dot, means five experience, sense the clone power is in theme.

Btw, I ended the Stealth team thread because both of the pc's we're waiting for are presently having difficulties being here/around, and had asked me to run things forward when possible..

If you feel that there is something you want to add.. the Stealth thread is not fully closed to Maia or Pip..

On a different note.. I'm now willing to slowly open things up to new players.. only a few players at a time, but where it goes from there depends on the pc's.

And to expand the rules a bit for them..

1st Generation Elders (Who will be given a bit more in the way of BP's to start, but won't have the jump in power offered by Apothesis)

2nd Generation Terat & True Clade's (Same rules character creation rules as everyone else)

Part of the idea here is to allow for a sense of growth and community within the game..

Okay, considering krul is kicking the plot two weeks into the future as a pattern, I'm thinking I'd be good to set cora up for her one week later meet up with norman. any objections if cora clearly and firmly tries to outline that, no, she doesn't want anyone tagging along this time but, yes, she'd yell out on the link if there was any problem what-so-ever? Think I'll post something late tonight, so feel free to comment.

Also, welcome to our new-player-in-formation, Wyrd.

EDIT: Oh, feel free to come along without telling Cora, too, if your chracters would. That'd be good drama, too. ;)

Actually - Pip has been wanting to go to the Rainbow Room. She's very much interested in meeting other novas, she would be interested in going along but assure Cora she wasn't there for Norman, but to spend some time for herself if Cora would be willing to share the ride. Before she does what she's thinking about doing she wants to be sure she's got her own head on straight. Though if Cora asks her not to come alone, Pip would stay away [likely doing something else instead].

*burrowing literally minutes on a school comp* Unfortunately, this would be taking place two weeks gametime before Maia finishes rebuilding her boyfriend from a baseline straight to q7, so he'd not get past the door.

But speaking of Touch of Dvinity, had an idea. Since 'Alaska' isn't exactly a confined point, perhaps Warren and Darrik could open a rift above the state and search there. Also, as a potential drama point for the future can you attune a limp body out of someone's arms into density decreasedness and fly off with them assuming you have the attunement dots, strength, and hasty judgement to pull it off?

can you attune a limp body out of someone's arms into density decreasedness and fly off with them assuming you have the attunement dots, strength, and hasty judgement to pull it off?
Probably. Attunement got a serious upgrade in the APG, if you have attuned something then from a power stand point it's basically part of you. Thus if you have flight you don't even need strength. There's also examples of attuning things at a (slight) distance.

Since 'Alaska' isn't exactly a confined point, perhaps Warren and Darrik could open a rift above the state and search there.
Good point. Normally I assume people send a mental 'picture'... hmm... which she might have in this case. I'll have Warren open a hasty and we'll see what happens.

Do you have the Mental Link extra for your clones?... no, then no, they are not part of the network, unless pip adds them to the network..

Now, if you did have the mental link, you would never need her to add them to the network, they would be part of the network because they would be part of Warren's mental processes, as long as Warren was part of the link, they would be.. even from the other side of the universe.. sense there is no range on the mental link extra of clone, as long as Warren himself was close enough to Epiphany to be part of her network.

On another level, what that means is that unless you return to tell yourself, what your clones know might not be known to Warren, and on the unlikely chance a clone vanished or was killed before returning to Warren, it would mean that any information would be lost..

If you were wondering, the cost of adding that extra to clone is the same as adding a dot to the power, which at one dot, means five experience, sense the clone power is in theme.

Thank you... I think just to function this needs to be the next priority (I'm sure he has experience for it although I haven't balanced that in a while, it's on the list of things to do).

Recent experiences with Quantum Supremacy have created enough issues with concerns for future and present pc's enough that I'm going to hit it hard with a nerf bat.. until it squeals and begs for mommy... (harder then I've already hit it)

I've talked with Maia's player about this, sense it affects her the most, and Justin is going to be a bit of a exception, sense it is a little unfair of me to hit him after the fact of allowing things but even Justin is going to be affected by the changes.

Recent experiences with Quantum Supremacy have created enough issues with concerns for future and present pc's enough that I'm going to hit it hard with a nerf bat.. until it squeals and begs for mommy... (harder then I've already hit it)
Just because Q-Supreme is in some ways a superior version of Planck Scaling... um... never mind.

At some point Warren is going to get irritated enough with his lack of mega-app in this bunch and he'll ask one of you Q-manipulators for an upgrade. I expect I'll have to pay out of theme cost for it, but there you go.

I've talked with Maia's player about this, sense it affects her the most, and Justin is going to be a bit of a exception, sense it is a little unfair of me to hit him after the fact of allowing things but even Justin is going to be affected by the changes.
Just to toss out some ideas. Centipede syndrome, make him a pre-nova, make him a PC...

Hello :)
Sky, welcome back!

And I think we're going to need a thread where we talk about some of these world affecting powers and what we do about it. I (mostly OOC) am getting sympathetic to the mother hunters.

Let's put it this way... (thanks to our brilliant ST) right this minute, there are about 50 teenagers, *each* of whom can (potentially?) destroy the planet.

That's over and above taint issues and the mental dysfunctions that being raised as a hunted animal bring. I remember an episode of the X-Files where Mulder finds a Genii is destroying people by granting their wishes, only to find out that the Genii isn't evil, it's just that wishes are *that* dangerous.

Thanks Courier! It's been a long time since we first played together in Trans-D. Someday we should chat about what we were planning for the future. Esteban had some serious plot waiting in the back wings...

As for this game, I understand there is a waiting list, which is fine, and that Krul wanted to talk with me about it. :)

There are about 3 potentials ahead of you, so they are first on the list, but the general answer is yes, I'm considering possible characters, check the character creation thread...

On a different note, I feel the need to add something, I'll be honest, I hope you don't take offense, it's not exactly fair, and I prefer to be fair whenever possible, but your reputation around the site isn't the best with folks I know and trust, so you have a bit of baggage which makes me a bit unsure about how that might affect this game.. however, I'm inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I'll give you a fresh start, and judge your character on his or her own merits.

Hey, thanks for that.

I don't have a specific character in mind yet, so I'm happy to work with you towards a best-fit.

To be clear however, there are 3 people ahead of me. Are we all submitting characters and then you pick, or shall I wait until a spot opens up. And how many spots are open?

I'm adding characters slowly, not quickly, so what three ahead means is that your number four to be added, you may not have the opportunity to play your character right away, for a bit until I'm ready to add you, or I make up my mind on the best way to add your character... it means also means that my present players and potentials have priority over new ones. The others are still in discussion stage, though one is much closer to completion.

Hmmm...

I'm considering adapting my character Titan Omega from the absolutely epic In The Beginning game run by Titan. Normally I would never consider porting this particular character because he was so tied into the setting that we were all weaving together. But something tells me that Adam Capello would actually be a good fit for this setting.

If you let me keep his history as one of the first novas he would work great as an Elder of the first generation, but I don't want to seem like I'm just going for a power grab...he would work equally well adapted as a Marvel/Portent Terat or a True Clade...

This character also has a pedigree among those veterans here, and was easily one of my least controversial, most successful roles. The only minor hiccup I can remember is when I got upset about one of the PCs kinda sorta using OOC knowledge to kinda sorta bust my character's secret earlier than I had wanted to hint at it. The only other character I've had around here that went smoothly is Cody from Fox's The Long March, and of course, the old archived games from Eon Online.

Feel free to look those up if you are curious about my writing skills and style.

Also, I know you have probably heard all the bad buzz, but I'd encourage you to reference those who have good experiences with me as well. Off the top of my head, Courier, Kazuo, and Mr. Fox have all had me as a pleasant experience in their games, as well as co-players in others.

Archived