Aberrant: Dead Rising - Chapter 12d: The Box

Dawn OOC

His gear finally clean, Dan decided it was time to meet the survivors they'd brought. Besides, he knew Sarah was likely there and he had promised to speak with her more.

He noticed Jules leaving with another man, obviously a super. He chuckled. "Just how much more of a target can we make this place?"

He didn't know why he said and thought it, just that if had a ring of truth he did NOT like.

He made his way inside, listening for familiar voices, quickly picking out Sarah and Adam conversing with others.

The Marine super knocked on the bars of the cell and nodded. "I'd like to hear that myself, as after Hawaii we split up." He looked to the man he didn't know, and then to the woman in the cell next door. She seemed lost in whatever she was doing with the notepad.

He looked back to the other male super he didn't know. "Adam and Julia I know, but I don't think we've met." He extended his hand. "Captain Dan Hawkins, United States Marine Corps."

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olivia looked up as another person walked into the holding facility. He was actually extraordinary in not being obviously extraordinary and yet apparently being associated with the people who seem to live at this refuge. She made note of his name and apparent rank in her notebook.

Though the fact that he apparently had been to Hawaii recently tugged her interest away from the infected. That the people here had access to transportation wasn't surprising, but that they were using it to go all the way to Hawaii was. She was suddenly interested to know why he would have gone there, how he got there and back, and why he was trusted to make that kind of trip.

"I guess I owe you some icecream one day then?" he says to Julia, "I'm guessing you like either strawberry or banana and chocolate."

Galahad takes the proffered hand and shakes it.

"Galahad, student."

Galahad is a little unsettled by the attention he is recieving. He can feel the eyes on him, but that wasnt hard when it seemed every single person within 30 yards was trying their hardest to look at him without appearing to be looking at him, and it made for a very comical effect.

"DC? I dont really know much, just the end of it from Jules' point of view. Not long after Ver and I made it into DC we were ambushed by this group who didnt seem to like the fact that we were making our way to the Pentagon and that our fathers work for the Army.

They stuck us down in a converted toilet block. Not the most pleasant of places. Hosed down every now and again. Hence why I was looking forward to that shower and why it took so long. It really wasnt a nice to be covered in your own filth, and the filth from others, for days on end, and," he clears his throat and looks a little ashamed, "motor oil. I tried to get out a couple of times, but they kept bringing us back in. There were two guys there with crazy abilities. Arseholes the both of them. Pardon my language in front of your niece Adam, but its hard to contain my feeling for them.

When Jules came everything happened so quick. She was bound in endless chains and held securely. It was very gruesome to watch as one of them," he glances at Adam and his niece, "its a little gruesome. Dont know whether you want to cover her ears or something. But while she was hanging there they fired into her, numerous times. It was like a massacre, but they didnt care. And then she just healed up while we watched. Watching as a gaping wound closes itself back up is not something I really want to watch too much.

Not long after that the big guy with the extra arms just seemed to materialise from nowhere and we made good our escape. Thats about all there is to it."

"If watching someone miraculously heal wounds that should have killed them and then escaping with them to a place of refuge after a time of captivity is your idea of a bad day, I'll trade my day for yours in heartbeat," commented Sarah jokingly, lips quirked as the arrival of Dan seemed to dissapate some of the effect of Galahad's very, very distracting good looks.

She settled her gaze on the Marine Captain, smiling full and bright as that reveal added a 'ah hah!' to the why of his admirable competance, "You were right about the Refuge being nice, Dan. They even have showers in the quarantine area."

"I know, I built them." The statement wasn't a boast, just the statement of fact. His Engineering skills were second to none at the Refuge, and he had a relatively large number of things going on.

He nodded with regard to Jules and Walker. "I'll have to talk to her about pushing her limits. The last thing we need around here is for her not to come back." There was more to the story, but it was fairly clear he wasn't in the mood to elaborate.

"As for Walker, The man with the extra arms, that's pretty much his way as well. He's pretty much the only super I know that goes out alone other than me. Alot of people fear him, but they don't know how important his presence is."

Once we've done our time here, I'll make proper introductions for everyone to everyone else who's here. If any of you plan to stay on, you'll have to meet Fox. I assume Myfwany hasn't been by yet, as since we're supers she goes to help the regular folks first. From experience, alot of us can heal as you saw Jules do."

"I never said that today was in any way worse then any day since I was thrown in those holding cells. All I said was that what happened is not something I wish to see happen again. A women hanging from the ceiling, fired at until her bones and entrails are showing, then watching as it all repairs itself back up and then the riflemen get ready to start over again. If we hadnt distracted then a bit they would have fired into her a second time. They seemed to want to test her regenetative abilities. One likened them to a cartoon."

Originally Posted By: Jordan
Jordan Smiled at Jules' dog comment. "So far your rules seem reasonable. There are more than a few enclaves out there that aren't so trusting, but then they don't have a bunch of super powered people to keep them safe so, I guess I can understand why,"

He sighed and stretched before continuing. "Well, if there is no problem, I'll radio my people and have them come in. How long do you keep people in quarentine?"

"Twenty-four hours," Jules replied. "So far, everyone we've met has exhibited signs of infection within that time frame, so we've seen no reason to hold people longer than that."

She gave him a half-smile and remarked, "I've answered a lot of your questions, I have a couple of my own. Are you looking at settling down? So far, you've been forthcoming on your friend's plans but not your own. And if you do plan to stay, what are your skills?"

"24 hours seems reasonable. Just give me a sec to contact my people," He said. He pulled out a small walkie talkie and after a brief exchange he paused, his ear cocked to the wind. After a moment, he said. "They are on their way."

Jordan turned back to Jules thoughtfully. "Yes, I'd like to settle down, somewhere. I'm hoping your enclave will be a good fit for me but we'll see. I was in University before Z-Day. I was training in architectural and civil engineering; not much call for those these days. I was a gymnast and I'm good in a fight and with guns" He smiled ruefully as he spoke.

"Or were you refering to my super powers?"

Jules shrugged. "Super powers are nice, but I find that what we need day to day is the 'ordinary' stuff. Like I know aikido, but I use that like once a week, if that. Walker's taught me how to find food in the wild and that is much more important, as far as I'm concerned. The fact that Dan can fix cars and build showers is ten times more important than his electric thingie."

She smiled and added, "If you'd like to disclose, that's fine. I'll even listen and remember. But trust me - it's not the thing I care about the most."

"That's cool. Well, as I said I was in school for engineering, focusing on Architecture and Civil Planning. If you need someone to do up building schematics or plan out a community, I can help with that," Jordan paced as he spoke.

"I can fight, if I have to, but I prefer not to. With my strength I can easily do most manual labor jobs you've got kicking around. I suppose I could be an entertainer. I was a Cheerleader in high school and I kept up with the gymnastics and dancing in University. I don't know, is any of that useful here?"

Olivia had been listening and taking notes, they were talking about powers now, that was of imminent interest to her. She had heard of those who could heal at an accelerated rate after undergoing mutation, but to get a first hand account of it was fascinating. She hoped to have some first hand experience of some of the heightened abilities of the people here soon.

"Ma'am?" Olivia looked up at the short, wide man standing before her. He wasn't really fat; more like built like a fire plug. "I'm Ger, one of Fox's second hands here. I'm going around to all the newcomers and finding out their names, what they're looking for here and seeing what their intentions here are. Can I interrupt you for a few minutes?"

Jules grinned. "Well, if Violet starts her strip club, I supposed you could be part of Ladies Night." That led to thoughts of Galahad on stage, which Jules stomped as hard as she could. That way lies madness.

"We'll certainly be able to use you on the Wall. We've continued construction on that because its a safety matter. It's pure manual labor. Helping on that would be fantastic."

"Then you did a good thing distracting them," Sarah responded without rancor or arogance, brushing a lock of hair behind her ear and mentally adding 'brave when it counts' to Galahad's list of good traits, "At least long enough for Walker to liberate you, her, and, I assume, the other people from DC."

"So. What kind of a man is Mr. Morgan Fox? What kind of a leader gathers so many unique people to his Refuge?" she finished, going over another checklist in her head, the one she used to decide whether or not it was worth the risk of contacting home, an honestly-fishing tone in her voice.

Kristin approached the gate surrounding the Quarantine and Trading Area, the guard giving her impressive curves an admiring glance before he realized who they belonged to. When he did, he firmly kept his eyes on her face, burgeoning guilt rising inside him - before Z-dat, he had daughter about her age.

"Hello, Kristin, what've you got, there?"

"Just some clothes I'm willing to give away so those in Quarantine don't have to keep wearing clothes with Zomb-goop on them, if they don't have any extras." Kristin raised the bags off her shoulders a bit to show him, shifting her weight defensively. "Is that alright, sir?"

The guard looked over his shoulder and through the fence, seeing Jules outside of the Box, talking to one of the newcomers, a pretty-boy. If there was a problem, Jules could tell Kristin - who would probably respond to her better than most others.

"That's fine, Kristin," he said, giving her an easy-going smile as he unlocked the gate. "And you don't have to call me 'sir.' My name is Cody."

"Thank-you, s..." His easy-going smile made her a little uneasy, but he seemed honest and kind enough. She swallowed her instinctive reactions, straightening her shoulders and gave him a nod as she stepped through the gate. "Cody."

Kristin glanced at the vehicles in the parking lot as she headed for the Box, before she noticed Jules talking to a man - an extremely good looking one, better than all the best looking athletes in high-school put together. She didn't like him, but that was her problem. She swung her pair of bags off her shoulders, holding them in one hand and approached.

Jordan noticed the new woman coming towards them, remarkably curvaceous for someone with her solid, muscular build, she was every bit as attractive as Jules, if not having her presence. At least, Jordan thought it was a woman, until he focused on her face. It was the face of a stunning school-girl, no more than fifteen, sixteen if he was being generous, and the expression on when she looked at him was full of wariness.

"Hi," she said gruffly to him, as if that bare politeness was an effort before turning directly towards Jules, raising the bags in her hands. "I've brought some clothes for those from Vegas, in case their stuff got ruined or has zombie slime on it," the super teen offered to Jules' curious expression. "Or anyone else, who needs some," she reluctantly added.

After a long moment, Kristin looked back at Jordan from lowered eyes and held the bags toward him, even though she hadn't seen him in Vegas, and he hardly looked like he needed any of the clothes she was offering.

Olivia took notes, jotting down what Ger was saying before she realized it was directed at her. "Oh." A slight blush, "Oh, ah . . . I'm sorry. Yes, of course." She smiled at him.

Wait, he asked her some questions. Olivia looked down at her note pad to see what they were. "Oh, I'm Olivia Shepard. I'm sorry, I kind of zoned out there. I'm a forward scout for a group traveling about a day behind me. We're looking for a place to stop and be safe, to start rebuilding. Failing that, a place where we can trade for a few essentials and that we can keep as a trading partner for future endeavors once we do get settled. There were two men with me, I'm not sure where they ended up, we came in just as that other group that had been fighting zombies came in and things got a bit confusing. Brian and Allen are better at talking to people than I am and they know more what the group is looking for.

"I am, as are several others with our group, a research scientist, but I specialize in medicine. And, on a personal note, I've been collecting samples from people, willing people of course, on our travels. I'm hoping to eventually set up a lab where I can research a vaccine for the zombie virus. I would love to get some samples from anyone who would like to volunteer here.

"Oh, ah . . . yeah, sorry, that was too much wasn't it. I just . . . I'm really not good with people and I talk too much sometimes, when I say anything. I never know what the right thing is to say and . . . I should stop now, shouldn't I?" Olivia made up for her earlier silence in a very brief period of time. Something about the man made her nervous. Maybe it was because he reminded her a bit of her piano teacher. Piano was one thing she had never been able to master. Her parents excused it because she was short and had relatively small fingers. Olivia always thought it was because of that teacher.

Jordan cocked is eyebrow at the mention of a strip joint. "Really? As much as I think I could wow you ladies; getting nekkid and wiggling my junk for the entertainment of the womenfolk just doesn't float my boat. Sorry," He said with a grin, believing Jules comment to be in jest. He hoped. The last thing he wanted was to get mobbed by a gaggle of horny women.

"I'm fine with manual labor. I take it you have someone with a construction background around here who knows how to build a wall properly?" He stopped short as the new woman approached. She was attractive, for a girl, obviously super powered; and very, very young by that looks of her face. She seemed angry and it didn't take Jordan's considerable intuition or intellect to perceive a cause.

Jordan turned to greet the young woman, and much to Kristen’s surprise, there wasn’t a hint of the usual interest she usually received from men. His body language remained relaxed and neutral and his attention remained focused on her as a person, rather than on her anatomy. He made eye contact with the girl. It was easy to look him in the eye. Unlike many men, Jordan wasn’t intently focused on eye contact to avoid looking at ‘other places’ but was simply being polite. He stuck out his hand “Hi there, I’m Jordan. I appreciate the offer, but I’m good for clothes and such. If you have other people more in need then they should probably go to them.”

As Jordan talked with the two ladies, two more cube vans rumbled through the gates and parked beside Jordan’s vehicles. A woman with pleasant curves and mousey brown hair hopped out of one cab and a middle age man with a goatee and glasses stepped out of the other. Both of them went about checking out their vehicles, waiting for Jordan.

Originally Posted By: Envoy
"I think I know what you mean, Adam, a low tingle that doesn't hurt and leaves you feeling better than before you felt it. At least that's what it was like when I gained the need to keep an eye out for Big and Talls back on Z-day and just now after we finished up shifting your people here. I'm going to want to run through some drills just to see what I got this time."
Adam blinks, and then sits quietly for a minute, ignoring the conversation while he turns it over in his mind. "No tingle here, actually. More like ... you ever pulled a muscle, dislocated a joint, something like that? It feels like I did that to ... whatever helps me throw giant balls of flame around. It still hurts, and I've hardly brushed my powers since yesterday." He looks up, only now noticing Dan. "Oh, hey Dan. Can you let me know when a good time is to talk to Fox? There's still lots of supplies in Vegas that we never got to. Including clothing," he says with a not-quite-pointed glance at the various gore-splattered people.

Julia is sitting wide-eyed, arms clasped around her legs, staring at Galahad. "You have ice cream?" she whispers.

When Olivia spoke Dan looked to her. "A Doctor, that's something we could definitely use around here. Myfwany's abit swamped most of the time."

He smiled, "That is if you don't mind lending us you expertise."

Looking to Adam he nodded. "I know, I was already told as much, and as soon as we can go back we will." He shook his head. "I won't be a party to risking more lives though."

That meant supers only essentially, it would slow things down, and leave them abit understaffed, but at least no one else would get infected.

Dan chuckled. "We can use most anything. Books of course, computers, anything with technical recordings or illustrations."

He nodded. "We need the essentials, but if there's an intact library, I'd put it high on my list to get any medical books or those on other scientific subjects."

He nodded. "Building supplies, hell a functional backhoe or bulldozer would be nice."

He looked over to Sarah. "Captain Fox is a former Air Force Captain who commanded this base before Z-day. He had the foresight to hole up in it after the fact, and became a safe haven for traders. Priest and his crew, came in and then I and James and the others. It just sorta fell into place."

"Once I realized how many of us their are, I decided to stay here, and fight alongside the others."

"Interesting," answered the blonde megamorph, her tone making it clear that interesting was a good thing in her eyes, "If you're intaking this many people at once and this is small to you... I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you've got going on inside for myself."

"If I'm still here when you all head back to Vegas, consider me in. It's how I get by while I'm on walkabout, percentages on the hauls taken by the groups I escort in and out, with penalties taken out against my share for everyone hurt under my guard," she finished.

Olivia's attention was drawn from Ger as she heard someone mention books and library. When Dan said medical books and scientific books would be high on his list, she had to chime in.

"Um, sorry to intrude but . . . ah, if you have a way to print, I have alot of medical, astronomical and research texts on my laptop, I'm sure my compatriots have other scientific works on theirs. We managed to pick up a generator but havn't been able to spare gas for it, but we could theoretically set it up to power the computers. We havn't bothered with a printer yet. Of course, if you have jump drives or computers of your own the files can be transfered to instead, that's a possibility.

"I know I don't mind sharing my files, I don't think anyone's going to worry about copyright infringement anymore and making sure the knowledge isn't lost is of imminent importance. I also have William Shakespeare's entire published works, Jules Vern's writings, and most classic novels. I was overzealous in my pdf book purchases before we headed to the arctic. Though if someone does make a library run I would be very interested in getting some books too. Oh, though you know the best place to find some of the more technical books would be to check college campuses."

Olivia then turned to her notebook to make a note to start looking for books, it was too good an idea to forget. She didn't notice how the others might be reacting to her blurted out offer, she didn't really think about how odd she must seem. To her there was too much to worry for the opinions of others to be of any import.

Dan smiled. "As long as I live, There will power for such an endeavor."

"I know Fox will thank you for your offer, our own collection isn't as much as we'd like. We've yet to find a major library that's intact, and the Zombies are generally thick around them. I had a super zombie actually ambush me after I hit one."

"Actual printing, well we should have what we need. If not, there's always walmart."

Olivia took a moment to process the fact that someone was actually responding to her. "Oh, ah, well, you're . . . he's, ah, welcome."

Giving Dan a half smile, Olivia suddenly felt the weight of the attention of those around her. Ducking her head, she started chewing on her lower lip and poured her attention into her notebook, hoping she wasn't as red as her flushed face felt.

Olivia's eyes showed a little too much white, "Ah, nice to meet you, ah, I'm Olivia Shepard. I, ah, I don't um . . . I . . ." Olivia looks to Ger, "Um . . ."

Wondering that she was actually invited by someone she didn't know to join in a group was new for her. Olivia wanted to take Dan up on the offer, but wasn't sure she should, and not just because she might end up with her foot in her mouth in the best of the scenarios she could imagine this whole thing turning out. But she was being questioned by someone official looking, she should probably stayed focused on him to begin with, but now, she really didn't know what to do.

Ger waved a hand. "Go on," he said with an easy grin. "I understand. Dan's prettier than me." At her look, he waggled the clipboard in his hand and added, "I got what I needed."

That said, he officially dismissed her by turning away and going to the next person in line.

Olivia blinked, then blinked again. 'Oh . . . okay . . ."

A grin that almost overcame the slightly greenish tint her skin had turned showed teeth white as her widened eyes. Olivia moved hesitantly towards the others. Turning the grin on the others, "Ah . . . hi?"

Kristin's eyes narrowed suspiciously as she glanced at Jordan's hand, then him again, sure this was just a trick to get her to drop her guard. But his eyes and smile were unwavering, without the forced fixedness she saw all too often. It really looked like he saw her rather than a piece of he wanted to fuck or was already imagining fucking.

Kristin's fair brows crinkled, a tentative smile growing on her face as she reached out and gave his hand a quick shake, her grip surprisingly strong, even for someone with her obvious vigor. Her hand held an odd blend of youthful, feminine softness and unyielding resilience.

"Hello. I'm Kristin," she replied with more genuine politeness then most men ever got from her, though she seemed unaware that she wiped her hand on her jeans. "Um, er, yeah, I saw that you're fine - I mean..." a faint blush rose in her cheeks, "... that, I'll go see if anyone inside needs anything."

She held the bags up at Jordan and Jules as if she needed to prove that was the reason, then hustled towards the Box. Kristin rapped perfunctorily on the door, then paused to take a deep breath - it was a confined space that was meant for... confining - then peeked in, holding the bags of clothes before her.

"Hello? Does anyone needs clothes to replace stuff that have zombie guts all over them? I got some I'm willing to give away...." The short, but by no means small, girl-woman trailed off as her eyes fell upon the man with weird, silver hair.

Ugh? Ooof! Whuh? she thought brokenly, as she gave her head a shake, trying to pull her eyes off the man, the most dangerous man she had ever seen. He makes any woman want to want him just by seeing him...

As Dan and Olivia talked, Myfwany made her way over to the quarantine area with a notepad under her arm. The doctor was pretty, even beautiful, by human terms...slim and tallish for her build, with bright red hair and the usual pale skin spattered with a very light pattern of freckles on her cheeks that came with it. Her clothes were simple; the kind of thing you could throw on in the morning without worrying about matching. White shirt, blue jeans, and a brown suede vest with pens poking out of the pocket.

On seeing Dan and the others she broke into a puzzled smile.

"Hello everyone. What's up?"

The medic earned a prefunctory nod before the megamorph focused on the shy woman in the next cell.

"Take a seat on the cot next to Miss Julia," Sarah offered with a reassuring smile and a wave to the shorter woman, "Plenty of room in this cell for good conversation. My name's Sarah Daunt, The movie star with white hair is Galahad, and Julia's uncle by the door is Adam. We don't bite. And it sounds like you have an interesting story yourself."

She cocked her head to one side, "...I think those clothes you were asking about just arrive with Kristen, Adam."

Startled by the sudden appearance of not one but two new people, Olivia withdrew back towards her own cell by a step. She stopped after that small retreat, but kept her back to the relatively solid wall behind her. It wasn't that she actually worried about a physical attack, but she knew how painful social mocking could be and she was far too exposed.

Her notebook clutched in one hand, Olivia watched the others. Not even marginally sure what to expect, she hoped to once again go unnoticed. It was safer and much less uncomfortable when people didn't expect her to speak.

But she was being addressed and invited in. Somehow that was both terrifying and comforting. Everyone was friendly and encouraging. Maybe they were nice, maybe they were setting her up for something, and maybe the world had changed and people had changed with it. Regardless, Olivia hesitantly joined the others, perching on the edge of the bed.

Adam looks up at Kristin from his seat on the floor. "Oh, thank goodness. There's a few people here that need it, and some are waiting to take a shower because they don't have clothes."

Glancing at the shy Olivia, he gives a small wave. "It'll be nice to have two doctors. Best we had in Vegas was one paramedic and a couple of boy scouts." Frowning, he turns back to Dan. "How many people are here then? I mean, I know you said it was bigger, but I don't think I heard how much bigger."

As Myf arrives, he nods respectfully to her as well. "Hello, Doctor Myf. Whenever you get the time, Dave and I had some questions about those teleporting zombies. You seemed to figure out more about them than I ever did."

Galahad sits an listens to everything, a slight smile on his face as each of the new girls arrives.

What peaked his interest most was the talk of backhoes and dozers.

"Theres a few options you have for those you know. Firstly, we could always look for a Cat store or something, a major one should have some around. Or we could always find a major construction project, they keep their equipment on site. We just wouldnt have a key, but I dont think thats much of an issue. Or finally, if your lucky, small subdivisions and such that are under construction might have a few thing around. That is, under the assumption they still work.

Is the sattelite system still functional? Unless someone brought the whole thing crashing down I dont see why it would be. Theres the possibility we could get some equipment that runs with GPS. Some survey equipment in GPS would be useful too, as well as some of the normal stuff. The only issue would be finding a suitable program to set the whole thing up on. I suppose we could use AutoCAD, shouldnt be an issue with that, just have to find a laptop that has it installed.

Oh, ah sorry, got a little carried away. Along with civil engineering I was studying some land surveying. If I start talking I have trouble stopping."

Galahad finally stops talking.

OOC: Continued from here 12c: Fallout Baby

Venus approached the Quarantine area from the exam room the guards giving her free access as she was known to belong to Myfwany’s medical team. As soon as she had reached the general area the unusual tall and outrageously voluptous succubus drew eyes to her from both men and women. It seemed impossible not to stare and while her unearthly beauty caused both admiration and deep envy she radiated an aura of sexual energy. Paired with her medieval dress, which was cut to emphasize her impossibly curvacious body. Huge breasts dominated her upper body which were half exposed bulging ominously from her laced corsett. A waspish waist flowed into generous hips supported by the longest legs mankind has seen. Her skirt was slitted on both sides to grant her freedom of movement but also to grant the lusty eye enough exposed skin to turn someone mad with desire and lust.

Her long wavy auburn hair cascaded over her shoulders down to her ass shining smooth like the finest silk and the way she moved inclined that she was used to be the center of attention. Venus porcellain like skin was in stark contrast to the general ´dirty´ appearance of most residents giving her an otherwordly quality. Even women who weren’t into the same sex couldn’t deny a certain excitement when they saw Venus for the first time.

Click to reveal.. (Picture for reference taken from Character profile)
tarotn01p04.jpg

With long strides Venus parted the crowd with a simple stare from her unnaturally lavender glowing eyes nodding at Ger who she made out from the people. There were a lot of new faces but Venus‘ mind was set to find Dan.

“I’m looking for Dan Hawkins, Marine – dark hair, handsome face, strong built...“, she stated to no one in particular when her eyes found Galahad. There was a short hesitation, a barely perceptible widening of her eyes that followed but she immediately regained her composure. Could he be...?, she asked herself but kept her thoughts perfectly hidden behind her marvelous smile. She nodded at Galahad in acknowledgement but her stance remained proud and steady. Placing her hands on her hips, one leg half exposed under her skirt she waited for someone to give her directions where to find Dan. It was more likely that he’d found her anyway so she wasn’t really troubled, she wouldn’t have to wait for long.

"Does she now?" Myfwany answered Ger with a speculative look at Olivia. "We'll be needing to talk then. Hi, Olivia, I'm Myfwany Shattuck, the doctor here at the Refuge. You're a super, looks like, and I don't see any sign of other diseases. No need to keep you in quarantine."

She looks at Adam and nods. "That was my first time in close contact with a 'super zombie.' What I learned was...well, it made the risk completely worthwhile. It could be just what I need, in fact. Anytime you have a moment feel free to stop by the clinic."

It's possible she had more to say, but the dramatic arrival of Venus interrupted that, though Myfwany knew her by another name. She smiled and glanced up as if thanking a higher power.

"Either this is my lucky day, or I'm developing precognition now. You're exactly one of the people I wanted to see today, Violet. Dan's here too, so it works out rather well."

Then Myf lifted an eyebrow slightly as she saw Violet more clearly. "Are you all right?"

"Everyone stays in quarantine for the twenty-four, super or not," Ger sang out. "C'mon, Doc, you know the rules." At her look, Ger shrugged. "The Captain makes the rules - don't like it, argue with him."

He was very, very, very careful to not look at Venus.

Venus smiled friendly at Myfwany. She was one of the few supers she really considered a friend and her medical training improved much under Myf’s guidance. Venus raised an eyebrow at Myf’s question and laughed a little, “I haven’t felt better in my life Myf, thank you.“, the tall seductress shifted her weight from one leg to the other keeping her proud stance. Even Myf could tell now that something was definitely different. Venus attitude was rather... aggressive and bursting with self-confidence as if she owned the entire place and it was her god given right to do whatever she pleased. Also her voice had acquired a quality that she used to suppress.

“I see your mission seems to have been succesful, lots of new faces – I take this is rather good news.“, she nodded at Myfwany keeping her perfect smile and aire of confidence.

“What is it, that you want from me? I need to talk to Dan and I don’t have much time.“, Venus‘ eyes rested heavily on Myf’s smaller shape glowing with dark amethyst fire. Aside from Sarah Venus was easily the tallest with her 6‘3“ of female perfection.

Archived