Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 10: Heritage

Justin OOC

Originally Posted By: Abyss Phantasia
Hideko extends her hand to Skye

"Nice to meet ya. Your goddess is really impressive."

She said smiling since she had the pleasure of meeting the goddess in question

"Yeeeeahhhh," Skye said, taking the hand and giving it a brief shake. "She's not really my goddess, more like I'm on loan to her. But thanks."

Skye edged around and tried to make her way out of here without being obvious about it.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Well, you weren't lying Francis. Nobody's dead, but you guys look like hell." He set Ryoko down on the carpet leading to the Thrones, and went and knelt by Lily. He grabbed her shoulder and shook her gently. "wake up Princess, I got someone ya need to see."

Lily opened her eyes and took a breath. The explosion of the Avatar had hurled her into the palace floor hard enough to leave a trench of cracked and broken stone fifteen feet long leading towards the throne itself, where she had stopped her meteoric descent rather forcefully.

"What?" she asked blearily. Then she blinked and her face brightened as realization set in. "I'm alive. We're alive!"

Klan smiled at Skye. "You're hurt, you shouldn't be leaving. At least let Rebecca treat you, or Kelly, We didn't bring down an army and it's likely to be a little bit before the Empire comes here, they're still sorting out terms. Please, be at peace and rest. you've earned it Skye."

Ryoma looked to Lily and stood, reaching down to offer her a hand up. "Yes, you're all alive, though you and Captain Morisato were knocked out by that last little stunt. I don't think anyone ever tried combining Bankai before. It says something that the two of you did, let alone with Skye involved as well. three people was frankly impossible."

He looked to Sakura. "Someone might want to try to wake up our head captain,he's the only one with access to the dimension he sent Valerie."

Francis pushed himself gingerly off the wall, for all his injuries healing visibly, he felt an exhaustion more heavy than anything else he had ever experienced. Plodding over to Kai's out cold form, he knelt and took a long moment using what medical training he had to ascertain the extent of Kai's condition.

Then he got up and shook his head reluctantly. "No dice with that I think. He's plainly exhausted, more completely than I have ever seen anyone. Even myself in my current state." Observing something, he glanced in turn at Ryoma and Klan.

"Unless you two have some way of getting him back on his feet, which I wonder with those markings on both of you. The same ones on Kai, I don't suppose there's a reason for that- one that helps right now, you know."

"Ryoma, I have some stimulant packs that might give our sleepyhead a quick jolt of energy if you think it's a good idea." Rebecca says, re-calibrating her medi-scanner in her medkit. "And if anyone else needs some pain relievers at least, just holler. You guys are bloody tough. Tougher than leather."

She smiles as she scans further. "I'm glad I appeared in the right place and the right time."

Lily accepts the hand up and looks around, wincing. "It wasn't something I planned. When Skye fell unconscious, I could only think of one way to protect her. I figured she'd just be with me in the Avatar, shielded. I never thought..."

Abruptly she realized how Skye would take this. What her reaction would be. It was a little jarring to realize that she knew her so well...as if the minutes of the fight had been a lifetime.

At the same moment, she spied Kai. First things first. With a flicker she appeared at the Head Captain's side and picked up his hand. "Kai?" she asked. "Kai! Wake up. Are you all right? Can you hear me? Wake up!"

Lily could feel some of her own mana, what little remained after everything, flowing into him and Kai's eyes opened. "remind me to not try that particular stunt again."

Suprisingly the young head Captain pulled lily down to him into an embrace. "I'm alot better now."

After a moment he released her and rose unsteadily on his feet. Surveying the gathered friends, allies, and servants he smiled. "We all made it out, and the world is safe. Not bad, not bad at all."

Skye felt the tears prick her eyes harder. “No,” she said softly, trying to move past Klan, “no, I’m not done.” Kazuo was missing again – why did they think that peace was an option? She had to find her friend again. And if she ran into the Old Man, she was going to tear him a new asshole.

“Skye, you may not be done, but you do need to rest,” Klan’s voice was gentle but firm. She drew the pretty priestess away from the exit and toward the medics. “You’re worn out and injured. No, no arguing. C’mon.” Klan herded the priestess back to the others, making her sit down near the triage center being established. Skye could have fought, but she was tired. Bracing her elbows on her knees, she put her head in her hands and waited for medical care.

For Francis there was something, a flash of memory. There was no Empire in his time, and he knew why. They had lost the war, and in less than a Century had joined the Terran Hegemony, Headed by someone who radiated light from his body, and was surrounded by powerful Lieutenants.

He'd seen it in many briefings, and knew looking around that history had changed, but his future wasn't totally impossible yet.

Takashi was dead, but Kai still lived. Had he traded one tyrant for one in the making?

---------------

Kelly made her way to Skye, clad in her Mjolnir armor. "Is there any particular area that hurts more than others?"

Looking into the visor of the power-armored trooper Skye said nothing. "Alright then." She reached out and laid a hand on Skye's shoulder, even as millions of nanites set about restoring her body to peak condition.

In a matter of minutes her wounds were gone, and Kelly withdrew her hand. "Thank you, Lady Skye, for fighting along side us. We all saw your battles, and the selflessness you showed throughout. I won't presume to speak for everyone, but as far as my squad and I go, you can always count on us to aid you." The Battlesuit trooper reached up to remove her helmet, and long blonde locks spilled out, and face that looked remarkably similar to that of Skye's long-dead mother, just younger, looked back at her as the young warrior offered her her hand.

Klan looked on in pleasant suprise. Ever since Sakura came along, the battlesuited troopers had been becoming more than expendable soldiers. It made her smile that another person had endeared themselves enough to make the squad leader remove her helmet.

Francis looked quietly at the patterns on the floor, wondering why he only was getting flashes here and there, not entirely holding onto his past. But the thought was unsettling, that what they had fought to prevent might yet be undone. His organization's head (the one he'd left) was an Amaha he realized with a concealed surge of concern.

With the advantages of Satoshi, dominating Earth would be child's play for Kai.

Was this why Hizashi had opposed Kai? Could the old powerful Captain have foreseen this? But no, Francis reprimanded himself... there was no true evidence yet. And Takashi was in no way better than Kai. But the temptations were there... and Francis swore to himself that he'd move to counter Kai if he looked to be succumbing to the siren's song of power abuse.

In the meantime, to clear his interest... "So did you find out why Hizashi did this? Skye, Lily?"

The Skeleton Key shone brightly in her scanner, though his overall health wasn't great. He'd suffered damage and didn't seem to be healing, and the mana level he showed was extremely low. Still he was awake and he nodded.

"I don't believe I've met you before miss." He was looking right at Rebecca.

"I... I'm Rebecca, Sir... Rebecca Shirasu Rathbone. A Lieutenant in SCRT-4's Research and Development division. I've... been away. A malfunction with the D-Drive I was testing t... twenty years go."

She sees the full readout. Wondering why she wasn't starting to naturally heal. She starts to set the medical wand to start to work. "Would this work on your wounds?"

He chuckled. "It seems any time they make the drives that copy my powers smaller than a whole base they malfunction. I'm sorry you missed so much time."

He nodded. "I'm sure it would, I don't heal like most of the others, I heal at the normal human rate."

He nodded. "Well Lieutenant, I officially welcome you back into the fold, if you desire to continue that is. I am Head Captain Kai Morisato, overall commander of all Satoshi Heavy Industries, including the CRT's."

He didn't sound comfortable with the title, but he said it anyway.

"I hope sir, that this will do what you need then. I'd hate to see our relations start and end at this point. You don't look too good on the bio-energy front here... perhaps taking care of the physical damage can cover the rest. Please lie down while I knit more of you together."

She helps Kai as best she can get comfortable while she starts to take care of Kai's injuries one by one.

"What is your pain level at the moment on a 1 to 10 scale? I have some low-grade pain blockers on hand if necessary."

Lily watched Rebecca fret over Kai's injuries for a moment, then leaned over and kissed his cheek to get his attention.

"If you're all right here, I want to check in with Skye," she said. "This whole thing...it won't..." Lily sighed. "In a way, it'll just make things harder for her."

Every time she's started to get ahead, someone's yanked the carpet out from under her...every single time. She's learned to fear winning as much as losing.

"I need to talk to her. I shouldn't be too long and then we have things to talk about too." She dropped a grinning wink to let him know that the things they had to talk about were not weighty, depressing things at long last, then zoomed off into the air to look for Skye from above.

(Skye's in the throneroom too, Klan an Hideko brought her back.)

Kai nodded. "Go ahead Lily." He smiled, even as Rebecca began to start her ministrations. He'd learned to let the CRT 4 people do their thing, and smiled. "About a 6, though it's not crucial."

Klan looked at him. "A six over your whole body and you can handle it. Impressive for a human."

"Actually under Medical Regulation 2.40 I would be obligated to at least apply a general low-grade pain reliever for a 6 rating." She says. "Unless the patient explicitly and can prove they are within their faculties they do not wish a pain medication."

She says this as the medical wand starts assisting Kai's body to release it's muscles around significant damage areas so that the medipack wand can do it's job. She injects a low grade pain-reliever in Kai's neck before he can say anything.

"He is impressive, Ma'am." Rebecca says to Klan. "Is everything SOP on the Macross now? I'd hate to hear anything bad happened since I left for your scouting mission."

Click to reveal..
Klan would notice that Rebecca looks different now. Blonde hair, a new suit, but still the same voice and facial features. There are some signs on her skin of being touched by a nanite cloud. Looks like a couple scrapes on dry skin on the cheek.

"Well that's part of the bad news. We lost one of our cruisers, and the Macross's Stardrive is gone. Ayato's shot simply erased the entire assembly. This also means we can't fire the main gun, as the conduit from the reflex furnace went through the Stardrive."

"Our Flagship is stuck here for the forseeable future."

Francis shrugged as he stayed about, even though what he was about to partially- and only partially reveal- speak out put worries in himself.

"Could be worse. I remembered at last what happened in my future... you guys lost this war. That's why I couldn't recall much of the Empire in our chat, Kai. They went kaput. And yes, I think I said the Empire existed... but it's only as a province of the Terran Hegemony. But Ryoko still was around."

Francis clapped a hand to his temple.

"I don't know why, but ever since I wound up here, this time this place, my memory has gotten muddled. Vagueness here, mixed up there. I guess reality itself is preventing me from altering events. If you don't know what's going to happen..."

"Pretty bad until Tsunami made Ayato suddenly be missing his chest. And his body in general."

She said looking at Osprey and the the troopers and then back to Osprey.

"Name's Hideko. Um, miss. You do realize you've been exposed to Nanites, right? Sorry, side effect of my powers. Just can pick this stuff up." She said pointing to her eyes. "The troopers seem to have plenty of the stuff too."

"Then things can simply take their course Francis. It's why I never pushed you to remember."

He nodded. "It might be nice to know some things, but it comes with knowing both good and bad. I'm not going to worry, I have my friends and allies, and I'm confident we can handle anything."

Grace's head turned to look at Hideko. Still Clad in her battle armor, it was hard to tell the troopers apart until they spoke. "It's common for us to have them, it's part of why we can keep fighting like we do. Our Final test in training was surviving the optimization process. I can't tell you everything, but we're all smarter, faster, tougher and stronger than any normal human, and part of why we all look older than we are."

Rebecca looks to Hideko. "Oh right, yes, the Nanites. My Mecha has this little way of avoiding the scrap heap. Thing is it uses Nanites and if you're in the cockpit at the time you might catch a bit of reconfigurement. Namely the color scheme on my suit and the protein content in my hair was changed to turn it blonde."

She straightens her flightsuit out. "But I am one-hundred percent sure I am well."

She turns to Klan. "That is... unfortunate. No FTL drive and how far away are we from Earth? For that matter can we abandon the Macross then and use the remaining fleet for important transit?"

She then focusses her medkit's systems on Kai again. "And sir, please try to keep movements to a minimum. This will go faster with your cooperation."

Kai nodded. "Alright."

Klan shook her head. "The Macross was the ship we used to open a large enough jumpsphere for all the ships. the others have smaller drives, but much slower. Looking at the logs of the archangel, it actually capitalized on Takashi's hole in timespace when he jumped here, magnifying it."

Aside from that, equipmentwise we got mauled. We lost alot of drone mecha, things we can't replace without necessary resources. alot of what I have left is quite damaged as well. The officer Corps is intact, save for Lunamaria, and we also have the Captured Amaterasu as well. It will take a month until all the repairs are done, provided we get what we need. That doesn't factor in the Stardrive we need to replace."

Rebecca grins. A gleam in her eye. "Looks like a Job for... THE FIXERS!" She says with a giggle. "You can depend on CRT-4!"

She then turns to Ryoko, the blue haired girl she saw earlier during re-entry. "Amazing how a life form can survive such trauma... Ryoma, I am sorry for chastizing you earlier, by the way. Force of habit."

He waved her off. "She was dying as it was, I brought her into my Shin Getter as a last resort. The Getter Rays healed her because I willed it so, but she hasn't woken up yet."

He smiled. "She needs her rest anyway, she nearly shattered her sould with that move."

"While I don't know matters of the supernatural, Ryoma, I'll take your word for it. Seeing two titans in space slugging it out... was a bit... mind blowing. Might have to see the psychologist after seeing that... that and some debriefing time. I was only gone for two years by my reckoning... Also...I think Ryoko would look good in a blue flightsuit myself. Just an opinion."

She looks Kai over more. "There... you should be ready to take care of the rest on your own. This is just a kit for more pressing injuries. Bruises and cuts the best I can do is antiseptics and gel bandages. You'll have to requisition some anti-inflammatory medications from the CRT-4 quartermaster corps, whichever ship they're using."

As Skye waited, staring morosely at the floor, a familiar voice piped up from next to her.

"Hey," Lily said with sympathy and a bit of humor. "You're not looking like someone who just beat a godling at his own game here."

"Are you okay?"

Kai looked to Rebecca. "I don't think she'll be joining us, She is still the Regent." He looked around. "The Dalaraan Empire, what's left of the command will be coming back eventually. I want you to make sure the city is safe. Call in the other Teams if you need to, but I want to make sure it's alright."

Ryoma nodded. "I'll contact Eiji and let him know." The Mecha Captain walked out and towards Shen Getter, to better contact other elements.

Rebecca looks down on her with some pity. "Such a burden to possess." She states before packing her medkit. "It seems everyone here, outside of needing rest and some relaxation will be back to optimum health in no time."

She straightens out her suit. It feels like it doesn't fit quite as right as it used to. "Now... I assume we have to focus on the recovery efforts. Who is my CO in CRT-4, Kai? I'm sure the command has changed hands at least a couple times. I will have to report to him or her as soon as possible. As soon as I can see how things have changed in my unit, the better. Hopefully the Research and Development department hasn't withered since I left."

"No. Captain Hoshino took advantage of her unique makeup among our forces. She sacrificed herself to protect our approach, along with the Dominion. She downloaded her personality into the ships computer, and as it died, She set it over to the Macross quarter. There the minifabricators are rebuilding an organic body for her to restore herself to."

he smiled and held up his suddenly glowing hand. "That's how she explains it at any rate."

She just stands flabberghasted... "Full... full corporeal transferrance? But how did they figure out how to quantum entangle the quantum string frequencies..." Osprey for a moment looks like her eyes glased over, but then snaps back.

"Oh sorry, there I go rambling again."

She walks over to Hideko. "I'm sorry, I was so rude a moment ago, I should have introduced myself. I'm Lieutenant Rebecca Shirasu Rathbone. Pleased to make your aquaintance." She says, extending her hand for a handshake.

Klan looks to Kai. "Well Ryoma's calling down the other teams, so we can secure this city. For now we just relax. If you want, you could go exploring, though you might not want to go alone."

She looked over to the others. "There's little to do but, rest, heal and wait."

Rebecca mentally salivates at what sort of technology she's returned to. Perhaps her mecha would look good with some sort of FTL drive... or a adaptive force field or even some sort of enhancement field system like what she ran into earlier with that suicidal mecha pilot.

She sighs. "Actually, Hideko you did. You told me your name. That's an introduction." she says with a smile, her british accent showing through. "And I guess I've been following Klan's orders up to now, so I guess untill I'm told otherwise by Kai or he has advice, I'm going with Klan's advice."

Archived