Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 10: Heritage

Justin OOC

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lily flashed into the air, still woozy from Naien's blistering assault. She didn't need to check her aura's status to know it had been devastatingly weakened. One more attack like that, and it would be too weak to block her blows. And then her main advantage would be gone, because Naien was FAR too fast for her to easily block or dodge, even using her teleportation techniques.

Naien prowled below, grinning confidently. "I can still reach you up there, Highness," she said with mock emphasis on the title, "But since I'm healing faster than you, I figure this little pause is really just another tactical blunder on your part."

A grimace darkened Lily's face. Naien was right. Stopping the attack only helped her. But it was abundantly clear that Lily didn't have time to mess around anymore. She had to put Naien down quickly. And there was one way to do that...something she'd never been able to pull off before, but she knew the theory of it. And her skill in quick-teleporting had grown so much since her Academy days. It had to work.

In a flicker, Lily was on Naien, swinging. Naien didn't even bother to block, instead wheeling around to encounter Lily coming at her back. That attack she met against her claws, with the energy blade sending a cascade of sparks out...but only for an instant before Lily vanished again. In her heightened state though, Naien's reflexes were too fast, even with the instant surprise attacks that 'flash-steps' made possible. Lily vanished, appeared, feinted, attacked, vanished...and Naien only got better at reading where she would strike from next. That was not wholly unintentional on Lily's part. She was creating a pattern. It was a complex one, based on a 20-sided figure that she imagined to surround Naien on all sides. Using it, she convinced Naien that the Hiroga had Lily's attack down pat...when in fact, she had something else up her sleeve. Something that Naien would never know to expect.

Faster and faster Lily blinked, evading by speed and luck alone the first, somewhat clumsy counterstrikes that Naien was starting to throw in as she used her apparent mastery of Lily's pattern to predict the Heir's next position. Faster and faster, until she wasn't even at a single spot for long enough to attack at all...just a flickering phantom, as soon gone as there.

Naien laughed. "I suppose it's a little impressive, but you're still not doing any..."

Abruptly Lily appeared where she shouldn't have, breaking the pattern. Naien, caught just a little off-guard, had to spin around to catch her...and then it happened.

"Star of Dalaraan!"

For an instant, not even enough time to blink, Lily rocketed through subspace at the same moment she lunged forward. Her speed through the dimensional separation layer was so great in that second thrice split, that she actually seemed to inhabit five different spots, all at the same time, arranged at the points of a star around Naien. In each spot she was plunging her sword forward. And Naien, attention drawn for just one fatal instant, had been impaled on all five.

Then the instant collapsed and time resumed its normal plodding tread, and there was only one Lily again...and really how could there ever have been more? Her face flushed, her breath coming in gasps...it was clear that the attack had taken a great deal of power.

Naien stumbled, almost falling to one knee. She was crouched over, hands clutching at where the swords had struck. Then she looked up at Lily...her eyes full of pain, mad rage, and triumph.

"Not bad," she sneered, hacking up a gob of blood. "But that was your last shot, and it wasn't enough. I'll rip you to shreds!"

Lily watched Naien with something like pity. "Goodbye, Naien."

The hiroga opened her mouth to retort, or to demand clarification...but then caught a glimpse of her own abdomen, where her cupped hands made an eerie blue glow visible. She took her hands away and blinked.

Stuck in one of the wounds, was a blue blade of energy. She could see its edges destabilizing, the boundaries of will that gave it shape vanishing to allow that energy out with explosive results.

She looked back up at Lily and started to take a step towards her.

The sword exploded.

Lily turned away as what was left of Naien fell back to the arena floor with disgusting, wet plopping noises. She felt no regret. Naien might have been a tool, but she was participating of her own will...and might well have been involved in the deaths of her family. Maybe it was wrong, but she couldn't bring herself to feel bad for her.

As she caught her breath, Lily turned her attention to the other battles going on around her.

(OOC - Activating special "star of dalaraan" spirit command, and boosting attack roll by 5 for 50ep, and using detonate for 10ep. Long rolled Naien's defense and let me know the results in chat, so I just narrated it all out here.)

Far from the others, Amaya and Kai drew their blades.

“I’ve been waitng for this Kai.”

“Same here.” Both vanished, and their blades sent a shower of sparks as they clattered against each other.

“You’ve gotten better.” There was an opening and she went for it, only to have Kai’s blade graze her shoulder.

“Better than you could imagine.”

He vanished again, and she felt another slash, barely adjusting to stop another.

She managed to cut him, but he grunted and backed away.

“Fine. Scatter, Senbonzakura.” The sword dissipated into thousands of blades and slashed at her, or would have, had her magical field not kept them away.

“You didn’t really think the same trick would work twice.”

“Worth a try. “ Their blades met again, and continued on. “You took away everything Amaya.”

“So did you.”

“Indirectly maybe.”

She stopped, and at the moment was run through by Kai’s sword. “What?”

“It may have all been caused by me, or over me Amaya, so indirectly yes, it’s my fault, EVERYTHING. I am owning up to that.”

“You think that makes any difference?” She cut him twice more, but he seemed not to feel it.

“It does to me. You lied.” He slashed at her again, connecting drawing more blood. “You promised to give me back Hiroko.”

“I returned her soul to this plane as promised, but why does it matter, you have a nice littler harem going already. What is one little insignificant human girl weighed against what you have?”

He backed away and held out Senbonzakura. “Insingnificant? Maybe to you, but you killed her, just to get at me. I wanted to give her back everything she’d lost, even if she never met me. I can’t even do that now.”

“The same is said for Kongou, little Key. What now, your best weapon isn’t good enough.”

He held his sword and inverted it. “Though you have forsaken the Kage training, I have embraced it Amaya. The Traditions, as well as the blood of the Amaha flow within me. I will show you my power.”

"Bankai." The sword vanishes straight into the ground as he released it as if he'd dropped it into a pool of water. The ripples travel throughout the area. The sky darkens and all the world seems to fall away. On each side of him a blade appears, more pairs rising slowly, each further pair followed by another in a seemingly endless supply. Each sword blade is like a thirty foot pillar of steel, and he looks up, his gaze calm, collected and serene. "Scatter, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi." In an instant the pillarine blades shatter and move like the wind, an endless cyclone of what look like cherry blossoms.

He thrust an arm at her, and her field seemed to melt under the cascade of blades, cutting her, piercing her everywhere. As she rose from the ground, bloody and barely able to stand, “How, how can you do this?”

“I am the last pureblood Amaha. There is a reason the Kage Clans feared us.”

Only then she realized that a huge mass of the blades was above her. “Be honored that I choose to defeat you with my Bankai.” The blades fell, illiciting a scream from her as the pain seared her.

He looked down on her dying body and allowed a single strand of his hair to touch her. Her wounds closed, and she stabilized.

For what you’ve done to me, to my friends, my home, I cannot forgive you Amaya, but I will not have a friend’s blood on my hands. Go to your true master and tell him he’s next.”

It was unexpected, but she caught his cloak, her sword lying away now. “She’s here, Kai, I promise that, there…” She pointed vaguely where Lily, Sakura, Skye, Gosha, and Francis were still fighting. Her consciousness faded, and she vanished, likely summoned back by whatever demon she’d pledged herself to centuries ago.

He calmly dismissed his bankai and began walking back to the others. He’d fight where he was needed, and when it was over, he’d find out which of his friends was Hiroko.

-----------------------

At Lily's feet, the was a sickening loud Thud. looking down, It was Valerie, unconcious and in her normal form, covered in cuts and part of her back was blackened, and not healing like the rest of her.

Most disturbing was the sound. It was a single set of hands clapping slowly.

"Very nicely done Princess. Not Even Amane could pull off a move quite like that. It wasn't impossible to follow, and with a little more time you might be able to perfect it."

"Sadly, you're not going to get it."

Takashi Satoshi stood, his wounds mostly healed, nnow holding Sounga in his hands.

"She fought well, but there was never any doubt. I left her alive, she could be of use to me."

He smiled, in a way that was totally calm and unnerving. "You too, I always did like having pets, and since you just killed one of mine... Someone's going to have to replace her."

Alone, tired, and facing a nigh-unstoppable foe, deep in the throes of insanity, Lily's future looked pretty grim.

(Sakura, you're up)

Originally Posted By: Justin OOC
He smiled. "There is the Aradian sensibilities I have long known." He came at her with unrivaled speed, his blade slashing away clothing from her side, her shoulder and even a lock of hair.

She'd fended him off, and then found herself looking up into his cold grey eyes with his fingers pressed against her shoulder.

"Hadou Number 4, Byakurai" At point-blank range he couldn't miss and didn't the lightning blasting straight through her collarbone and scapula leaving an inch across hole of burned and cauterized flesh. (130 damage for the next turn Sakura is at -3 to all combat actions)

He appeared again further away, and she realized, he was smiling. It was a test.

(Gosha you're up, you have until Saturday)

"Well, that certainly hurt.. but I'm not so easy to finish as that, you'll need to put a bit more into it.. " Even though she was weakened by his attacks, she drew on her inner reserve of energy, and fully rejuvenated her health completely. One moment, she looked rather wounded, between his weapons and lightning, with her wounds healing so fast, they were healing before his eyes... the next moment, she accelerated the healing, and she was fully restored, no sign of wounds other then the damage done to what she was wearing. At the moment, she wasn't sure that encouraging him to do worse was a good idea, but anything that weakened him for dealing with whoever came after her was a good idea.

Click to reveal..

-50 Energy for the Rejuvenation, which also eliminates the penalty, staying on full defense, but will hold the roll to see what happens next.
Regenerate 35 HP
Armor: 100 || Health Value: 500 || Energy Value: 230/620
Continuing with Total Defense, for the moment, she can't beat him, but she feels she can keep him a bit busy

Hizashi laughed. He honestly laughed. "Nicely done, I was wondering how long you would wait."

"It's almost time now Sakura, Three of the battles are over now. Two of your friends have won, and one has lost. Do you care to guess which is which?"

He looked in the direction of Lily and Kai. "Takashi is wasting little time now. Perhaps I should have Ayato end his fight, that way all of you can properly prepare to fight us?"

He smiled, and began walking towards her. "Come with me, before one of your friends is killed." With that he walked past her, heading for them. "If you do not attack, nor shall I."

(Gosha you're up)

I can do what now? Galahad looks at Ayato cross-eyed and brows furrowed for a moment, trying to digest what was being said. They he throws his head around to to judge where he was in relation to everything else.

Once he has his bearing he bounces back out of the way of any quick strikes from Ayato, except maybe that weird thing coming from his eyes, and plants the point of his sword onto the ground.

The white space had been annoying him, all he could do was throw out normal swipes with his sword. He needed some sort of terrain. There was nothing to hide behind, nothing to use as a distraction, how was anyone supposed to have a proper fight under these conditions.

He pictured what he wanted in his mind. Under and behind him blue tropical waters. From just beyond Ayato, aiming for under all his current comrades, fine white sand, a beach, but extending as far as he could. Then from left to right the shoreline, extending as far as he could.

Then he forced his will into his sword and then out into the white space.

Click to reveal..

Reality warped around them, and Ayato smiled. "So you wish to die on the beach, very well." For everyone else it was amazing, an endless bluewater and white sand beach, straight out of a summer vacation fantasy, as far as anyone could see. It smelled, looked and felt real, even down to the tropical breeze now blowing past them.

(Francis you're up)

Francis could care less for the change of scenery, and though it was clear that everyone could now do so, it was an utter waste of time, to his opinion. The laser pistol continued to speak.

Click to reveal..
HP: 330 (Regenerated 25) EP: 220

4 Laser Pistol attacks

2d6+17=25

2d6+17=28

2d6+17=25

2d6+17=26

Damage 177 (Penetrating 2)

Defenses:

2d6+19=22

2d6+19=21

2d6+19=28

2d6+19=26

Skye took a moment to breathe. She wasn't sure why Gosha had chosen this scenery, but she wasn't going to mess with it. He surely had his reasons. Instead, she gathered herself and launched two more attacks.

The first one was something special; Skye stood straighter as a blue Gibbous moon hovered behind her. "Tsunami! My mistress and goddess, hear my plea! As your image fills with light, so fill me with HOLY FIRE!" Her fan lashed out and intertwined ice and white flame burst from the edge. The shards of ice flew straight and true, as they always did, but the gouts of white flame danced with them, somehow not melting them. Instead, the two struck together, arching toward Ayato.

The second attack was far more normal, Ice and Wind throwing themselves at Ayato like living beings.

Click to reveal..
First action, letting her FF regen

Attacks:

Two attacks (2d6+19=26, 2d6+19=24)

Attack #1: 26, Wrath of the Northern Wind, spending 35 EP to use Passion on this attack

Attack #2: 24, Wrath of the Northern Wind

Defenses:2d6+19=31, 2d6+19=26, 2d6+19=27, 2d6+19=26, 2d6+19=24

Defense #1: 31 (Boxcars - perfect defense?)

Defense #2: 26

Defense #3: 27

Defense #4: 26

Defense #5: 24

105 damage taken (Regen 5), 55 EP spent, FF back to 12

The attacks suprised Ayato, melting away the rest of the skin and cloth covering him, but it was the utterance of Tsunami's name that drew him. "You would call on a Goddess in MY presence?" Very well you have my attention."

His sword lashed out, and the slash literally tore reality where it passed, and would have been fatal had it hit. Not to be outdone, his eyes blazed, and Skye felt the beam pierce her (100 damage) and the sword passed just over her head. A thrust was his final movement, and it tore a large hole in her kimono. Luckily the attack didn't strike her flesh.

Free Action

Skye felt panic bubbling up in her chest. She had stumbled onto some unknown grievance that Ayato had for goddesses, she guessed. Whatever it was, it wasn't nearly as important as not dying.

"Guys!" she screamed, panic in her voice. "Keep this arschgefickter Hurensohn off me!"

Click to reveal..
arschgefickter Hurensohn - ass-fucked son of a bitch

"You're overconfident, Takashi," Lily accuses as her aura builds back to its full strength. "I've grown during my time on your ship. I know who I am now. Out of all this destruction you've caused I will bring a new beginning, and we will be stronger than before. I promise you that."

She seemed like she might say more, but Skye's cry rang out, distracting her attention. For a moment she wavered, torn between engaging this terrible foe before her...or going to help Skye...

(OOC - Basically delaying here, if Skye comes under attack, I'd like Lily to block the attack, taking it herself.)

"Ignoring me is a mistake Princess."

Lily could only just turn her head around to see the incredible black aura Takashi emitted, Flames devoid of life, of empy nothingness, turning the sand it touched to glass.

"Bankai." The black flames began at the tip of his sword, covered both his arms, and extended into great black wings behind him. "Darkflame Dragon, Sounga."

Lily had a fraction of a second as the sword swung towards her, barely dodging as the blade cleaved reality and returned part of the area into nothingness. Another strike and miss and another part was gone. Having forced Lily back, it was easy to see what he'd done. Valerie, unconscious still was at his feet and his sword swinging down. Valerie would not survive.

small petal like blades wafted between them, and in an instant Kai was there, the Master standing over his Servant. "You will not take another Takashi, This I swear."

The screens above showed the battle in space. Tsunami was turning the tide, the allies were winning.

(Sakura, you're up Takashi, Lily, Valerie, and Kai are together, Hizashi will arrive when you do.)

She arrived at the battleground within an instant, only to be followed by her own opponent. Looking at the wounded on the battlefield she channeled some of her own energy into them, using her own spirit to heal the wounds of her allies.

She glanced at the one who had followed her to this battle, and sighed slightly. "Sorry, folks, but I couldn't bring him down by myself, did my best to keep him occupied for a while." She was prepared to move in defense of some of the others if necessary.

Click to reveal..

Spirit Command Mercy on Kai, Lily and Valerie.. each regain 30% of HP. -60 Energy, holding action for defense, to defend others or self.

Armor: 100 || Health Value: 500 || Energy Value: 170/620

Continuing with Total Defense, for the moment, she can't beat him, but she feels she can keep him a bit busy

Hizashi nodded. "You did keep me entertained, yes. I know about what your limits are now."

Elsewhere on the field Ayato was about to press his attack against Skye, but he stopped. He looked at the screen, and called. "Now?"

Hizashi sighed. "Go now Ayato, fulfill your role."

"Finally."

The living metal man looked to the others. "Enough warmup."

In an instant, he was gone, appearing in Space.

Hizashi smiled as there was a flash, and then Ayato's true form was revealed. "Smite, Godslayer."

He expanded and became a mechanoid the size of Tsunami, wielding sword and bow, each large enough to cleave the moon in two.

"His sole purpose is to kill the Gods themselves. He's ill equipped to fight entities like all of you, Concievably, you would have beaten him in another minute, with the loss of just one of you. Now you will watch him kill your patron goddess, and with her, the world."

"There's no escape from this dimension without permission, so sit back, relax and enjoy the show."

Though not everyone was near, they heard him perfectly, even over the crashing of the waves against the beach.

He looked to Sakura. "See how powerful you could truly be, if you had the Will to try."

Kai nodded as h felt refreshed by Sakura. He was glad others could heal, they would need it for this fight, as it was he was barely holding Takashi's blade off his shoulder.

(Gosha you're up)

When Ayato vanishes and appears on the screen Gosha is just a little dissappointed.

"At least you are fine for the moment Lady Skye," he calls out to the two on the beach.

He lowers the point of the sword until it is just in the water. Then he draws it in a very slow and delibrate arc under him and around to his back. As he does the water starts receding from the beach, much as it would if a big wave was coming.

Guessing roughly where the others might be he grabs his sword in a two handed grip and, as if lifting something heavy, he drags the tip from the water and flicks it in an arc. Water sprays behind him.

Further back a giant shark appears to be surfacing from the water. It flies from the water and as it gets closer its possible to see that it is water. And not just that, but also the size of a whale if not bigger.

Gosha leaps and lands on the top of the shark towards the front. Quickly he touches the point into the forehead of the creature. He then rides it over the beach, the shark getting higher and higher with each passing moment, swimming through the sky. He heads in the direction he thinks the others might be.

Hizashi saw the shark and chuckled. "Fascinating."

He laid a hand on Takashi's shoulder. "We shall let the others arrive."

"But..."

The look in Hizashi's steel grey eyes brooked no arguement.

"We SHALL wait."

He lifted his sword, and Kai struck with suprise lowered his.

"I wish to savor this Takashi, as you should. You only get to do this once."

(Francis, you're up.)

Francis watched as Ayato vanished, and glared at the screens furiously as he saw Ayato take his new form out at the space battlefied. He turned to Skye, "You alright?"

He sighed further, "One step ahead always, those two." In a flash, Francis and Skye reappeared behind Sakura, and Francis looked at Hizashi and Takashi. "Always ahead are we?" He flipped a switch on his pistol, and it started to hum and glow with a buildup of energy. "I guess we'll just have to repeat what happened on the Emperor's Flagship then?"

Click to reveal..

HP: 235 (Regenerated 25) EP: 220

Teleporting over Skye and Francis to the others. Readying the remaining three actions if Francis is attacked.

Skye nodded quickly to Francis as he asked after her; she didn't have time for anything else as she was whisked away to a new arena. But that wasn't her concern; her concern was for Tsunami. Whether or not Skye had chosen her, Tsunami was her goddess.

Without a comment, Skye fell to her knees and extended her hands to the sky. She began to pray, sending all of her energy and focus toward her goddess. *Tsunami, goddess, I offer myself to You, to uplift and support You...*

Click to reveal..
Skye is obvious to everything; she is locked in prayer. Mechanically, her EP are all being sent to Tsunami. Long, do what you will with that.

Tsunami could feel the influx of power from her last remaining chosen Priestess. That she would give of her will so freely touched the goddess, enough even that she swallowed her pride and accepted it, though it could well mean her death.

"You will not kill my children."

Ayato shook his massive head. "No, just you."

He lashed out, his left hand holding a gleaming blade of yellow light, and as one the entire Dalaraan Race felt the pain as it seared their patron Goddess.

She did not fall.

"Curious, never before has one survived that attack directly. Tell me, what strength keeps you here, just at Oblivion's gate?"

Tsunami's eyes flashed brightly, and radiant blue light radiated from her, knocking Ayato away. "I believe in my Daughters, and in my Priestess. They will not fail."

Lily could feel Tsunami looking at her, and she knew there could be no failure.

For Skye, there was a voice, even as unconsciousness claimed her.

"You have to live, for him, for them both."

Lily looked up at the battle in space between the goddess and the other creature. When Tsunami survives the attack, she looks back at Hizashi.

"This won't be as easy as you think. You can catch a tiger in a trap, but that doesn't mean you're prepared to face what you've caught....Skye!"

She blurted the last word out as the priestess slumped down to the floor, having donated all of her energy to Tsunami. Lily cursed under her breath...Skye had to know that their power was so tiny compared to Tsunami's, it couldn't possibly make a difference. And yet, as a selfless act of faith, it was touching. Unfortunately, now she was completely vulnerable.

Lily couldn't let her die!

She appeared at Skye's side and took hold of her shoulder.

"All the cards are on the table now, Hizashi. No more games. No more tricks." Lily paused only a heartbeat, then added, "Bankai."

"True blood of Tsunami, burn. Had she ever really not known what those words really meant? It seemed to her that somewhere in her heart, she'd known....and that knowledge had shaped the forces of her bankai even so long ago.

As Lily was drawn into the incandescent light at the heart of the forming Avatar, she did one unexpected thing. She pulled Skye in as well. Energy flared around them, the untempered will of a demigoddess, stronger than steel, keeping both herself and Skye safe from harm.

(Soul roll to include Skye in bankai: 18)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2956365/

This time was different. The avatar was vaguely human before, but this time it most definitely was more human. Within Skye and Lily were back to back, and the power of this fusion was unmistakeable.

Hizashi and even Takashi looked on, and Hizashi smiled. "Astounding."

Their raw power filled the air and For Skye and Lily, it was unprecedented. They shared everything, and in an instant Each knew everything about the other.

Skye saw The entire Royal family, alive and happy, She saw Lily's time at the Academy. Her decision to come to Earth, and how A silver Satoshi Mecha had shot down her ship. She saw life at Jindai High. she got to see Ikaris, and The Fight with Gilgamesh. She watched Kai die, and could feel the sorrow Lily had felt, and heard the final gift he'd given her. She remembered the kiss, after getting beaten to the punch by Valerie.

She saw everything that had happened, their dates that never quite finished, Her little brother hospitalizing Kai with food poisoning. She saw and heard the first time he told her he loved her. Over a hundred and seventy years of memories flooded into her.

For Lily, She saw the entirety of the Demon War. Friends dying, snuffed out like candles in the wind, only a small handful standing against them in the end. She saw the horror inflicted by Henry, what he did to her mother, to everyone she knew. She saw what he did to her, and the aura of Avatar blazed. Ten years of Bazaroth, and then Ikaris, where she thought she could be safe, then more heartache. This was Skye's lot in Life.

As it ended, she could see a library, feel a sense of familiarity, and then cold...before the eyes shut.

Kai reached out to the Avatar, and nodded. The lambent flames enveloped his hands, but didn't hurt. Skye and Lily could feel warmth suffuse them, as he restored them.

He went to each of the others, Restoring them as well. "Francis, Gosha, I want you both to focus on Takashi. Keep him occupied and don't let his sword touch you. You've never fought him before, and if it does it causes wounds that won't heal."

He went to Sakura, restoring her power as well "Fight with Hizashi. Lily and Skye will need backup, and you're best suited to it."

He laid a hand on Valerie, and in an instant she was gone, removed to his own private dimension. She'd be safe there, as long as he didn't die.

He looked up to Takashi. "She's the last one, the very last one of my friends that you will hurt."

He held out Senbonzakura and released it. "Bankai." The sword vanishes straight into the ground as he released it as if he'd dropped it into a pool of water. The ripples travel throughout the area. The sky darkens and all the world seems to fall away. On each side of him a blade appears, more pairs rising slowly, each further pair followed by another in a seemingly endless supply. Each sword blade is like a thirty foot pillar of steel, and he looks up, his gaze calm, collected and serene. "Scatter, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi." In an instant the pillarine blades shatter and move like the wind, an endless cyclone of what look like cherry blossoms.

"We will settle all accounts here, now."

(OOC everyone is at full HP and EP We will use the previous init order to save time. Lily, Skye, you will have a PM regarding your situation.)

A goddess had risen to the the skies above an now Lily and Skye had become something else, something magnificent and glorious, and Sakura was astonished. "By the Web of Life.. may the Light have mercy.." She closed her eyes an instant, before weaving into the battle flying around the Avatar as she faced the enemy...

"So be it." She responded to Kai, then she smiled, in this battle, she decided, it was her task to support and defend, that was something she could do well.. and she decided to guard herself, even if she couldn't beat the enemy, she could aid in defeating him. Of course, that meant that she was likely to be attacked soon enough, so she prepared herself.

Click to reveal..

Armor: 100 || Health Value: 500/500 || Energy Value: 620/620

Holding actions, will activate guard spirit command for 80 energy if attacked, and go on full defense.

Defense Rolls as requested

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2957818/

The sum of the parts.

We must become one.

Those parts forgotten.

Those parts never known.

Those parts never forgotten.

All are needed against Evil.

Rise.

Skye had been slumped in the bankai, held with her back to Lily's by the power of the upgrade. Without warning she went from completely unconscious to utterly awake. “Thanks,” she murmured, in a voice that wasn’t entirely her own. Skye drew herself upright, standing without help from the powers surging around her. An aggressive smile graced her face, but that wasn’t the only change to the young priestess – where her hair had once been blonde, it was now blue. Her striking blue eyes were now yellow. Lily was looking over her shoulder at a young woman who looked Dalaraan, save for the black streaks in her hair and her pointed ears. Her blue aura whipped around her, driven by the wind and snow that howled like a living creature and seemed to emanate from her. The blue kimono appeared to be white robes, made of some kind of fur. A blue disk hung behind her head, haloing her with an azure moon.

Fubuki! Tachikaze!” Skye whipped the fans around her, dusting snow across the floor and causing the silver bracelet on her wrist to sparkle brightly. “Wake up! It’s time to play!” The fans whistled as she moved them, almost sounding like singing voices and spitting snow around their mistress. Skye laughed, a joyous sound that she hadn’t made since she was sixteen. Whatever she was now, it wasn’t entirely the same person who’d given so wholly of herself to her goddess.

Hizashi wasted no time. "Bankai." The void itself seemed to explode from him, as Kusanagi grew, and the blade curved. Gone was the black steel, replaced with a blade of seeming void. "Sword of infinite darkness, Bind yourself to Oblivion's Call, All things shall fall at your touch. Reap, Deathscythe Kusanagi."

His Bankai was not as impressive as others, but its power was undeniable.

He slashed twice at Sakura, connecting both times and she felt a pain unlike anything she'd ever felt, even though the cuts did not pierce her skin. (400 damage a hit No powers lost, -2 to all actions)

Click to reveal..
since we know Gosha is out for almost a week, I will skip him, and do his part when i do Kai's, or Gosha can come back to do his own. Francis is up.

Francis grinned thankfully as Kai healed him, amused as his armor noted the sudden boost of power and bodily strength. Gosha was coming up to the beach now, but only now settling into fighting position. As Kai warned him about Takashi's deadly attack, Francis' mind was drawn back to the first meeting with the Dalaaran royal family, the horrific state that the Emperor had been in. It appeared as if not even his nanobots would repair such damage. "Understood, mon capitaine."

Immediately, he settled behind Kai's shield that was Senbonzakura Kageyoshi, and raised his pistol with cold aim. As he pulled the trigger, the stored overcharged power unleashed in a furious fusillade upon the mad Captain.

Click to reveal..
HP: 400 EP: 300

Spending 80 EP for 4 Overcharge mode attacks

Attacks

2d6+17=22, 2d6+17=24, 2d6+17=24, 2d6+17=23

Damage 417 (Spreading 3)

Defenses

2d6+19=24, 2d6+19=24, 2d6+19=26, 2d6+19=25

His shots went wide, Having to shoot around Kai wasn't working to well. With Kai in the way, Takashi couldn't get past him, and seemed alot more focused on the skeleton key than the future tech sniper.

(Skye, Lily you're up. Gosha, if you wish, you may post as you wish here.)

The Avatar they shared...and the why of that, the HOW of it, would have to wait for now...reshaped itself to show an etheric face sculpted to resemble Lily herself, albeit clad in ceremonial-looking battle armor. Its sword was nearly as long as its legs, but wielded with one hand. On its other arm pure spiritual force gathered and formed a large oval shield.

"We are your foe, Hizashi!" the Avatar declared as he attacked Sakura. "No one else!"

As huge as the conjoined Avatar was, it moved with liquid speed, faster perhaps even than Lily alone. In mid-charge it winked out, appearing behind Hizashi to slash at him with its ridiculously oversized blade...then again, vanishing and reappearing to attack from another angle...and again! Each time, harder to predict, harder to block, with the energy sword just as agile in this supersized state as it had been when human-sized.

Attacks: 27, 32, 33

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2966719/

Defenses: 34, 31, 32

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2966722/

(Sword does 679 damage per hit, ignoring 12 armor and is multidimensional. Flash Step and Guard active. EP cost 120 for activating bankai, 130 for techniques.)

The attacks caught Hizashi unaware, and he grimaced as the blades drew searing lines across his chest.

"Damn you." It seemed like a curse, but it was more. Darkness lanced out from some point behind him, missing the Avatar, but his sword was not so unlucky, finding the Avatar twice, the attacks sending a spiderweb of void energy momentarily through the energy matrix, Thankfully everything held, barely.

(two hits, 500 damage before guard, -2 to all actions next turn)

As Hizashi watched them absorb his attack, the Avatar shifted. Now the face looked more like Skye’s as it twisted around somehow to bring her to the forefront. “Yeah,” she said with a laugh as the fans swung around, “why would you play with anyone else other than us?” There was no trace of the fear that had once plagued Skye when she faced Hizashi.

“Fubuki! Tachikaze! Wrath of the Northern Wind!” The Avatar slashed forward, one fan coming up into guard while the other raged at Hizashi. The fans threw a storm of ice and wind at Hizashi, as if a blizzard had been hiding in the delicate curve of her weapons.

Click to reveal..
Attacks:

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 5+1+19: 25 + 2 = 27

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 6+6+19: 31

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 6+6+19: 31

Damage: 321 damage on the first strike, 642 on the crit

Defenses:

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 4+3+19: 26

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 4+2+19: 25

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 3+3+19: 25

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 4+4+19: 27

Carver *rolls* 2d6: 4+2+19: 25

EP spend: Guard 80 EP, 20 EP to hit all three times = 100 EP spent

FF: level 12

Hizashi was unprepared for the power of the attacks. Though they didn't hurt nearly as much, The cold wind born far in the North did encase him in ice, leaving only Kusanagi's blade uncovered. They could hear his voice. "You've bought yourself seconds, when I am free, you will die."

Against Takashi, The millions of blades comprising senbonzakura were both shield and sword to Kai, keeping Takashi from harming him, while at the same time, slicing him all over. The damage dealt was minimal, but still it was wearing away at the rogue Captain.

One thing that was noticeable was Kai was driving Takashi away from Hizashi.

(Gosha you're up)

Gosha is confused by all that is happening and dismisses the idea of gods being beings able to directly control things to that creature fighting out their in the place where the screens showed as just an out of control sorcerer. Those were a fickle bunch who could not really be trusted. Mind you, he had only had dealings with the remnants of said sorcerers, their bodies having decayed long ago in the prison they were kept in. Their magical energy sustained their souls though, and the two had melded into a strange being. But all this was beside the point.

He had been given a direction, his mind was focused. Attack the one called Takashi. Not that he really knew who Takashi was or why they were attacking him, but he waited for Francis to fire a shot to understand exactly who they were fighting with.

He swirled his blade around in the shark and watched as it changed. It lengthened, thinned out, and became very much lijke a giant spear. It even had flowing tassels on it, though he didnt remember putting them into the creation. He shrugged.

One thing was causing him to struggle, and that was he was told to avoid getting hit, which usually meant attack from a range. But ranged wasnt his forte and he proved it with his next attack.

He flicked his sword in the direction of Takashi and the spear sped off like an arrow. He backflipped as he did so and landed on the sand below him.

He then had time to watch as his spear was easily avoided. He flicked his wrist and directed the spear into the ocean of water beyond.

"I'm not a ranged fighter. So I guess I'll just follow behind and do what little I can..." he calls over to Kai who was leading the way in pushing Takashi away from the other fight.

Kai nodded. "Fight where you are best, just be careful, I will defend you as long as I can, though I do not know how much longer I can keep this up, my Captains are depleting my reserves even now."

The screens showed the truth, In the other world, Tsunami could only defend against Ayato's attacks, and her defenses grew weaker. All the might of the ships that remained could do nothing against him.

He swat them away with a single wave of power, leaving the severely injured deity alone, so he thought. "Now you die." The sword as large as a capital ship thrust forward, towards Tsunami's heart.

There was a mote of light, and a single word. "No."

Standing between the Goddess and the Deity slayer was The Regent, Ryoko, holding back the massive blade with her own hands. "You will not harm her. My duty is to protect all of Dalaraan until The Heir is ready. This includes the faith."

"You will not touch her again with this sword."

Blue light radiated from Ryoko, and she began to shake even as she grit her teeth. Cracks began to form in the blade, and blue light shone forth from them.

"What are you doing you in significant Mortal?"

"The job of the Regent." The world seemed to fade, the light almost unbearable, and the sword exploded backward, as everyone heard Ryoko's scream."

When the light faded, Ayato stood swordless, and Ryoko was gone.

"That bitch... That hurt."

"She is the least of your worries, Ayato. Of that we promise you."

The voices were unmistakeable. They'd survived the fighting, and acted as Kai had commanded.

Shin Getter Robo and the Gaogaigar, enemies feared universally by all Dalaraan warriors, responsible for untold deaths across the galaxy, now stood, against a former ally, in defense of Dalaraan.

GETTER TOMAHAWK!!!!!!!!!!! An axe actually larger than Shen Getter emerged from its shoulder and the mech took hold of it and launched into an attack, not waiting for anything more.

Behind it, the left arm of the Gaogaigar began to glow and spin. Holding it towards Ayato, they heard Gai roar.

BROKEN MAGNUM!!!!!!

The fist launched at speeds almost impossible to follow.

The former enemies of Dalaraan were no longer, centuries of warfare set aside, because each burned with the sacred symbol of the Amaha, of consort of the crown Princess.

In the world Kai smiled. "Take him down." lines of light shone over his body faintly, as his captains drew upon his power.

(sakura you're up.)

Sakura was.. furious, again and again these foes had harmed innocents, had attacked for no other reason but power, madness or malice. They had burned and slaughtered and killed, for no other reason then they wanted to, out of a lust for power or revenge, it was evil.. it was a act of darkness...

And then, to make matters worse, they marginalized the matter, acted as though it was no more then a minor issue.. He might not have meant this way… but this foe in particular had made it as though it wasn't important, as though her fight didn't mean anything.. and she decided it was time to pull out the stops.. it was time to show the lights power.. to show the power that had been inherited in her... to show that if she had reached for the Bankai as suggested, and found it.. he would have lost.. and that even now, she was dangerous to him.

Skye had frozen him, which made him much more vulnerable to her blade, but that was not what she was going to do.. she was going to expend energy and show him pain like he had never seen.. from one who wasn't even Bankai.. Zeal filled her, accelerating her speed, and power unfolded as she unleashed energy such as she never had before. “Kai.. Be Renewed.. End this..” She reached out with her spirit, and touched the infinite energy that was bound up in the eternal light, and let it flow forth to renew the energy reserves that were draining, making it whole once more..

That done, she spiraled into the air, to turn her gaze upon Hizashi, and for a moment, her iris burned with light.. “It’s time you faced the wrath of the Heavens, and face justice for those you have murdered, for the innocents slain by this crusade of yours, time to see the power you have been mocking..” Words spoken, she now moved beyond them, to show a measure of power she had only shown bits and pieces of before… though some had seen a measure of this power unleashed once, what she was about to unleash was beyond that even. Focusing on the exposed blade of her enemy, she concentrates upon making this one of the most devastating attacks she knows.

Light beyond the reaches of Eternity, Golden Fire at the End of Night, Dragon of Heaven's Light.. Fury of Heaven's Fire! Heavenly Dragon Strike!!' As light began to explode, that was bad enough.. but then her voice range out even louder as she began to glow, then to go incandescent with the power she was pouring down upon her foe... she repeated the spell 5 times over.. lacing it together into a terrible blow of awesome power.. Golden Fire Of Eternal Light! Cascading Fury of Heaven's Light! Dragon of Light, Unfold Your Ire!

HOLY DRAGON FIRE CASCADE!!!

The light poured down and it was like the energy became as a dragon made of burning light, of white and holy fire.. that descended upon her foe with a wrath that had to be seen to be believed… the very air appeared to burn… and there was so much light, that for a moment, everyone was blind.. It was like the sun had come down to earth.. so much energy, that it could even be seen from space overhead.. A shaft of light extending out into space from the planet.. a shockwave of power exploded out from the area she focused upon, the energy she had concentrated on a single foe..

As the light faded from Sakura..and the light had everyone blinking the spots from their eyes.. she was exhausted, and began to fall from the sky like an angel falling from heaven…

Click to reveal..

Armor: 100 || Health Value: 500/500 || Energy Value: 540/620

- 60 Energy for Renewal on Kai (Would have also restored Lily/Skye.. but they haven't spent much energy)..

- 40 Energy for Zeal to give her 5 actions.

- 75 for Heavenly Dragon Strike each action.. Multiplied by 5... that’s 375 energy spent

Heavenly Dragon Strike = 800 damage, area 100 meters

x5 that's 4000 damage.. Focusing on the blade.. and it's area affect, there is no dodge for it.. even without being frozen.. she's set the range at the end of the battle between Lily and Skye, so they aren't struck.. she'll also avoid striking any of her other allies in this battle..

Shock Value should be a serious issue here, I believe.. if it matters… even if he can take it, this should hurt like almost nothing else..

Additionally, due to renewal spirit command, Kai, just had his energy reserves completely restored..

And, because this a dramatic moment, so it’s cooler this way.. so much energy spent in a single moment that she exhausted, and can’t keep herself in the air, drained and exhausted she falls from the sky… unless someone catches her, though she can still defend herself, somewhat.

Total Energy Spent - 475

Energy Remaining: 65

Kai felt the power form Sakura, and he smiled. "Show him how we humans fight."

He looked to Takashi and then to Gosha and Francis. "when you see the opening, bring him down, hard."

Senkei, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi!" Around them a dome made of swords appeared, blocking the view of everything outside. "You think another dimension will contain me?"

"For long enough yes."

He nodded and closed his hand, and hundreds of swords stopped rotating and speared into him, most notably into his legs, pinning him to the ground.

"NOW!"

-----------------------------

Outside, there was no time to register what Kai had done, as Sakura unleashed a level of magical might that Even Tsunami seemed to feel. The spell said five times, striking five times, was enough to kill any foe in creation that wasn't a God.

So it was thought. Before the light blinded everyone momentarily they saw the ice shatter, and a sort of building scream.

When the light cleared, Hizashi stood, naked above the waist, his kimono destroyed, steam still rising from his body. In his right hand, Kusanagi screamed, vibrating intensely, and then, shattered into dust.

"So be it." He looked at the girls. "The truth it is then, if she'll still obey me. It has been generations since I called upon her."

He was hurt, and he was calling down his final ace.

A sword appeared before him, and he took hold with both hands, removing it from the scabbard with his left. "Scatter, Senbonzakura."

The blade seemed to melt away into fragments of cherry blossoms, and Sakura, exhausted, and falling, had almost no defense against the attack. Blades cut her from every direction, hurting her in ways that she'd never felt. Blood fountained from the hundreds of lacerations, and then she hit the ground, hard enough to induce unconsciousness.

(500 damage, then 150 from the fall

Gosha you're up.)

(OOC: Long has cleared me to go.)

Francis gritted his teeth but it morphed into a grin as Kai trapped then skewered Takashi in place. "Finally. You know this has gone on long enough Takashi. Since Mon Capitaine here says it's time to finish you, you're done for."

As he activated the full Overcharge powers of his pistol, one after the other, spheres of energy appeared, charging with power and forming the corners of a square. The glow lit Francis' features as he called out his attack.

"OMEGA OVERCHARGE BARRAGE!"

Then each sphere shot forward in beams of laser fire, blasting into Takashi with a thundering rumble of repeated volleys.

Click to reveal..

Basically 4 Overcharge Attacks together:

Attacks:

Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 3+5+17: 25

Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 5+6+17: 28

Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 3+1+17: 21

Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 5+4+17: 26

All are Spreading 3.

Damage: 417 per hit.

Defenses:

Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 5+1+19: 25

Jeremy *rolls* 2d6: 1+6+19: 26