Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 10: Heritage

Justin OOC

"Let us see what you have.. " With that, she moved to an offensive position, and called upon the power of her blade, which had been come a dear and precious friend over the years. Drawing on her internal zeal, she moved with impossible speed and action. "Into once again, my friend, be with me tonight. Crimson Flower, Blossom." As she rose in the air, with impossible speed, six perfect wings seemed to unfold behind her, and her sword unfolded once more into a more deadly expression.

Her next action was to sharpen her defenses, something that others had seen her do before. "Heaven's Radiant Defense! Armor of Light! Shield of Avalon!!" Light surrounded her, sharpening her defenses, and strengthening her regenerative capabilities.

Her remaining three actions turned into dive attacks at incredible speed, as she swooped in and out to strike out at her opponent, attempting to break though his defenses, even as she prepared her own defenses.

Click to reveal..

Zeal - 40 EP, 3 Attacks w/Passion - 35 on each, -40 for Avalon, total -195 Energy]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2878493/

Using Divine Relationship for a Re roll on the Critical Failure in the first attack. (2 rerolls left)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2878497/

24, 28, 24, Damage 534 on all Attacks.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2878503/

First 4 Defensive rolls.

Armor: 100 || Health Value: 500 || Energy Value: 280/620

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All three of her attacks hit, Hizashi didn't put up more than a cursory defense. The damage was significant, tearing his robe, but his smile did not fade. "Your Father has taught you quite well. Let us see how well."

His sword lashed out at her, connecting on the third and fourth strike. (125 damage each hit, ignores 40 armor)

"Better than most, or just celestial luck. Come little one, Show me all you have."

(Gosha you are up)

Gosha followed after his combatant, and when they seemed far enough from the others he rushed in.

He brought his crystalline blade in two fast arcs, testing the defense on his opponent, before leaping back from him to study the way he moves and fights.

"Dont really know what I'm doing here, but lets not waste time!"

Click to reveal..
2 Attacks 28 + 21 (one double 6)

Damage 337 per hit (Critical Strike auto double if not 'Outrageous Margin (x3/x4)')

Pirercing 10 (ignore 80 points of FF) + Penetrating 10 (ignore 40 points of armour)

Judge Opponent

Side note +3 to each attack, I didnt add my Accurate 3 from my weapon, for 31 and 24.

The fist attack breached Ayato's defenses, tearing a gash in his kimono, but the second was met with his own blade. "You suprised me, it won't happen again."

He Held his other hand out and lightning leapt from it, reaching out for Gosha where he stood.

Click to reveal..
need a single ranged defense you need a 27 or better to avoid being struck if struck 120 damage dealt

As Gosha leaps back he plants the point of his sword onto the ground and takes the lightning just below the hilt. It travels down the blade to be grounded.

Click to reveal..
Defense 27

Using Deflection to stand my ground (or where i was moving to) and intimidate

Edit: Francis just pointed out its already x 2 for doubles, do I do x3 or x4 with critical strike?

"Tsunami!" Skye's shout filled the air. A blue light began to fill the air around her, revealing the presence of the goddess. "Our goddess! Be with us now!" Francis and Gosha were immediately struck by the power in her voice, the strength of inspiration.

Her attacks were not nearly as impressive, but what could you expect from a priestess?

Click to reveal..
1) Aura of Inspiration; 2-3) Attacks; 4-... s2d6=6)

Aura of Inspiration vs DC 12: 17, pass

Attack #1: 15 "Wrath of the Western Wind"

Attack #2: 14 "Wrath of the Western Wind"

Defense #1: 19

Defense #2: 18

Defense #3: 15

Defense #4: 19

Defense #5: 17

Long, let me know if I boffed up the math.

Naien led Lily away from the others. On foot she was by far the faster of the two, and though Lily could have kept up by flying or teleporting, she chose not to. She wanted some time. The revelations she'd uncovered about herself were settling in. Her father, the Emperor, had taken the secret passage to the heart of the planet, where an incarnation of Tsunami waited. She'd come out with him then and married him, and stayed in living flesh long enough to have children...then left again.

She was the oldest of them. Not just the daughter of the Emperor, but the daughter of Tsunami. The bloodline had been renewed. She was not generations removed from the source of her people's power.

As she slowly walked, slowly accepted these things as fact, she was aware of barriers slipping away within her. Walls between herself and her powers, put there long ago; some by herself out of fear and a desire to have an uncomplicated life, some by Tsunami and her father, to make sure she didn't accidentally cause damage or injury with poorly controlled tantrums.

Their time was past now though, and the walls were tumbling down.

Finally Naien stopped and confronted her, having chosen a spot she felt was suitably isolated. On whirling to see the Princess the hiroga paused, not out of a wavering of her conviction, but in a moment of confusion. She was not sure what she was seeing.

Lily was on fire. That's what it looked like at first. She was surrounded by a sphere of seething blue flames. After a moment Naien realized that it was simply her protective aura...but she'd never seen anyone, not even Lily, with a shield so easily and brightly visible. Normally they were hard to see at all.

But no. It wasn't because of power. It was lack of control. The Princess had no doubt relied on family connections to graduate the Academy. She'd never taken her duties seriously. Never studied or practiced enough. She'd always been behind her elder siblings, and they had been quick to fall. Now the Heir to the Dalaraan Throne stood before her, and her shield was wasting half of its power on some kind of lightshow, instead of being clean and concise and focusing entirely on defense.

The hiroga's lips curled sarcastically. She wouldn't even need her avatar to finish her.

"Are you ready, 'Princess?'" Naien called, putting mocking emphasis on the title. "Or do you need another hundred years to practice first?"

Lily took a deep breath. She was surprised to find that she didn't hate Naien, despite all she'd done to destabilize the Empire and kill people she loved. The hiroga was nothing more than a piece in a game, moved by fingers she never saw, and sacrificed freely when the time was right. What did you say to someone before you killed them? How did you try to grant them at least some fraction of the peace in death that they had lacked in life?

"I won't hold the hiroga responsible for your crimes, Naien," she said. "The rebel hiroga will be treated fairly. If they truly don't want to remain with the Empire, they'll be allowed to leave. But there will be an Empire. It may not be the same as before, but it will not end now. Not because of this. Not because of you."

A spike of blue energy grew from Lily's right hand, and she watched the hiroga warily, expecting an attack any moment.

Skye's attacks tore at his uniform and drew blood from him, and Ayato replied with blasts of lightning, the first missing, striking near her feet, the other hitting squarely in her chest. (120 damage)

"We shall see."

Naien's words reached her ears as the Hiroga appeared before her. Large clawed hands reached out with speed Lily could only remember Amane posessing when she had trained her with flashsteps.

Click to reveal..
Ok Lily since you ceded init to her, Naien is attacking

4 attacks

DC 27 100 damage Penetrating 5

DC 25 100 damage Penetrating 5

DC 32 200 damage Penetrating 5 (Crit)

DC 24 100 damage Penetrating 5

Naien was on Lily and savaging her before the Pureblood knew it, or so it seemed. The first two swipes of those massive claws struck before she even lifted her sword to stop them. But Naien was horrified to realize that the impact of her claws was completely absorbed by her energy field...neither struck flesh!

With a cry of primal rage, she struck again with both paws at once, smashing Lily's sword aside and slashing through the shield and toughened skin by sheer force of emotion and maddened strength! As Lily reeled backwards, she attacked again, though the weakened shield was still too strong to injure her through, she did manage to breach it again, weakening it further.

"I'm impressed, Princess...you must have worked hard to get your aura to that point. But it was wasted. Once it's been pierced, it just keeps getting weaker...but I'll still be hitting just as hard when it's gone."

(OOC - Missed defense rolls vs crit and last attack. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2890995/ )

Lily took a deep breath, using the pain to help her focus. The wound was deep, but not life threatening. As she met Naien's eyes, her shield built in strength again, until it was as bright as it had been before.

"That's not exactly how it works."

She feinted, and teleported aside, nearly catching Naien off guard from the flank but seemed to get over eager and teleported again...causing her own strike to miss! With a curse she turned to face Naien again, ready with her full defenses now.

(OOC - Okay, so used 2 attacks to recharge shield back to full, then took 1 attack, which I rolled double 1's on. Flash Steps are active though and so is Concentration for this turn. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2891155/)

Valerie went on the defensive against takashi, fighting for the longterm. The witchblade railed agianst this style of fighting, but she was still in control for now.

Far from the others, Kai and Amaya exchanged words, and their swords skittered against one another, neither managing a real strike.

Click to reveal..
Sakura is up you have until Thursday night

Originally Posted By: Justin OOC
All three of her attacks hit, Hizashi didn't put up more than a cursory defense. The damage was significant, tearing his robe, but his smile did not fade. "Your Father has taught you quite well. Let us see how well."

His sword lashed out at her, connecting on the third and fourth strike. (125 damage each hit, ignores 40 armor)

"Better than most, or just celestial luck. Come little one, Show me all you have."

"To continue such forceful attacks against such capability, would be foolish, and while I can be direct, I draw the line at being so foolish, egg me on as you like, I think being consistent in this case, would be better then being too forceful. Still, even restrained, I believe I can make you feel it."

With that she swooped down with frightful speed, so fast that human eyes likely would see nothing but a blur, in a set of attacks spinning around her opponent like a figure 8 of sorts. Then she went on the defense, seeking to block his attacks, even as the earlier wounds he'd inflicted were closing up.

Click to reveal..

4 Dive Attacks - 267 Damage each blow
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2895656/
Using Divine Relationship to re roll critical failure
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2895657/
Defense
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2895661/

130 Damage taken - Regenerate 35 Damage - 95 Damage Remains
Armor: 100 || Health Value: 405 || Energy Value: 280/620

( please wait to post until your turn next time)

Three of Sakura's attacks hit home, illiciting a grunt from him. "Very well." He held his sword aloft, and made a single slash. "Reap the field clean, Kusanagi." The blazing discs of energy barely missed her, but his second slash did not. (250 damage)

The remaining two attacks she managed to dance out of the way of. The sky was not safe, He had reached her to cut her with uncanny ease.

-------------

For Gosha, Ayato emitted an aura that was hard to read, it would show points of weakness, then they'd shift. It was as though Ayato were in a state of flux himself.

Trying to find any weakness cost him, as his strikes were all parried by Ayato's sword, failing to find any purchase against him.

Ayato for his part, didn't react much, slashing at him, connecting twice, but at far less damage than one would anticipate. (80 damage x2)

Click to reveal..
Francis is up

Francis stayed back from the swordplay, as befitted him best, noting how the fireball seemed about half-way negated by the armored suit and the regenerative nano-bots. So far, not much yet, and if he could avoid more blows, he could last this fight out.

And then, as Ayato focused himself to attack Gosha, an opening appeared in his sideward arc, where he would certainly be vulnerable for a few well-placed shots, and Francis aimed at the target and fired a good burst.

With the overextended Ayato realizing his gap, Francis grinned at his foe, as if to suggest those previous words about being off-guard again were surely overblown.

Click to reveal..
HP: 335 (after Armor and Regeneration) EP: 220

4 basic laser pistol attacks:

2d6+17=29 (Crit), 2d6+17=27, 2d6+17=25, 2d6+17=20

Base Damage: 177 (Penetrating 2)

Defense rolls:2d6+19=24, 2d6+19=28, 2d6+19=26, 2d6+19=30

Skye snarled as Ayato's strikes hit her; still scowling, she returned the favor, sending three vicious strikes at Ayato. So pointless, all this fighting. What is this solving?

Click to reveal..
3 attacks, 5 defenses (2d6=6, 2d6=9, 2d6=9, 2d6=8, 2d6=9, 2d6=4, 2d6=7, 2d6=4)

Attack #1: 25 "Wrath of the Western Wind"

Attack #2: 28 "Wrath of the Western Wind"

Attack #3: 28 "Wrath of the Western Wind"

Defense #1: 27

Defense #2: 28

Defense #3: 23

Defense #4: 26

Defense #5: 23

FF is now 40.

120 damage taken

The kid gloves now apparently came off for Lily, who vanished from Naien's vision and appeared almost instantly behind her to deliver a stinging blow and immediately disappear again. Fighting Lily when she used her teleportation this way was nearly as bad as fighting several individuals at once, as any vulnerability from any direction she could instantly exploit. On the last attack of her furious combination, she attempted to drive her energy blade straight into Naien's body and leave it behind while she teleported back several meters and created a new blade to defend herself with.

(3 attacks using Flash Steps. 27, 30 and 29, using sword. 142 damage a pop, ignores 12 armor. Detonation used on the last attack. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2902159/ )

(3 defenses against Naien's counter attacks. 32, 27, 31. If she attacks 4 times I'll have to add another roll at a penalty since Lily only gets 3 defenses a round for 'free'. smilehttp://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2902162/ )

Skye's attacks found purchase, to her suprise, revealing silver beneath Ayato's flesh He shrugged as his sword slashed at her, met by her fans. it was almost as if he was.. bored.

For Lily, her attacks found purchase, blooding Naien, and Naien's attacks failed to connect. "Damn you." Her battle aura changed, and Naien nodded. "No more playtime."

The aura intensified and she transformed, her color changing to white and red. "Rampage mode."

The entire world seemed to shake then and they could see the sky darken where Kai and Amaya fought. Lily and Valerie could feel it, and hear it as Kai uttered "Bankai."

(Sakura you're up)

The deadly force of his attack had Sakura reconsidering her options, and she went into a total defense mode, making no attacks, simply using her incredible speed and skill to dodge everything he could throw at her. She was coming to an unpleasant conclusion, she couldn't beat him, she didn't have the power she needed, and his blows could do terrible damage to her, but she also couldn't allow herself to lose, and have him attack anyone of her own allies.

The thought filled her with a measure of sorrow, but also, determination, if she couldn't beat him, she would keep him occupied, while her allies fought their own battles. Devoting herself entirely to defense for a while, however would allow her to heal up some of the damage he'd done to her, while she considered her options.

She'd been able to hurt him, but she wasn't able to keep the damage up, without opening herself to his more powerful attacks. For a moment, she wished that she could unlock the deeper level of power that Lily and Kai seemed to have, but she wasn't sure how to do that. For a moment, her thoughts turned to her blade, Crimson Blossom, and then to the Eternal Light, the source of a good measure of her remarkable power. Her friends and allies were in trouble, this man was party to those who had taken her mother from her.. a thought that filled her with a measure of rage for a moment, but she pushed it down... even as she moved around him, dodging and parrying everything while she thought about the matter further

Click to reveal..

Full Defense + 3 and + 1 for each extra attack, + 6 to defense,

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2907042/

Nothing less then 33.. I think he's going to have to push himself a bit to be able to touch her.

190 Damage taken after armor- Regenerate 35 Damage - 60 damage remains from first attack, total damage - 250 taken total

Armor: 100 || Health Value: 250 || Energy Value: 280/620

Sakura managed to dodge or parry all of Hizashi's attacks, making the elder head captain smile. "You understand finally."

He nodded once and looked to where Kai was fighting Amaya. "You wish for his power, You think it could save you. That's alot of faith in your sword, more than most."

"If I give you a minute, do you think you can make it reality?"

He smiled. "I'd be interested to see the final expression of your soul."

---------

It was then that the screens changed. They seemed to back out and even in extradimensional space, everyone could feel it. In space a woman as large as the moon appeared. "I am Tsunami, Mother of Dalaraan. Those who attack my children shall know my wrath. Cease this senseless battle now. The Empire is sustained by my Divinity. I shall fight and defend them."

For a moment nothing happened, then the Hiroga fleet began attacking, too committed to do otherwise."

--------------------

"So the Goddess has entered this battle. Too soon Tsunami, far too soon."

(Gosha you're up.)

Gosha is surprised at the appearance of the silver on Ayato. He had never fought someone who had metal under their skin.

He then looks around at the screens as they change.

"Tsunami eh? Hopefully that means a wave is coming."

But he doesnt let his attention waver for more than an instant before he continues his barrage of attacks. With the landscape the way it was it was all he could do.

Click to reveal..

3 Attacks 26 24 28

337 pts damage, ignoring 40 armour, 80 FF

4 Defenses 24 23 24 24 +2vs Ranged

FF 13/15

HP 356/400

EP 455/455

Gosha's attacks all struck Ayato, who only put up a cursory defense. His face was transfixed on the screen. "So that is the Dalaraan Goddess."

He looked to The three opponents facing him, more silver showing on his arms and legs now, and from a gleaming weal across his chest.

The gleaming metal shone unnaturally, and it was dawning on them that Ayato was nothing at all like the others.

(Francis you're up)

Francis paused in the heat of combat, watching the streaks of silver and the distracted expression on Ayato's face. Something seemed wrong here. The cursory attitude, the silver under the skin, taking on 3 opponents though he was a Lieutenant... but he was Hizashi's lieutenant, wasn't he?

The definitions involved here might be much more different than Francis had hoped... The secret agent lowered his laser pistol slightly, but remained prepared for dodging, eyes totally focused on Ayato.

Get Ayato to talk... but how to do so without shaking the lion's den? Then Francis studied the battlefield.... and realized that everyone seemed to be using swords, magic and whatnot fantastic. He seemed the odd man out, with a laser pistol and technology...

Some of the best in Homeline... but so puny here. And Kai unlocked his Bankai, talk about humbling. His gaze tilted down to the gun, though his sight line allowed for easy reaction if needed.

"You're not doing me any good here, are you?" He remarked to the pistol, as if it could hear him. "I mean, it looks like nothing you throw out fazes this guy eh? Eh?" The questioning gaze came to Ayato.

Click to reveal..

HP: 280 (after Armor and Regeneration) EP: 220

Delaying my actions for now...

Francis sighed. "You forget that I don't need to move a millimeter across it to fight you. Has the ennui numbed down your repartee?"

At that, the gun was back up swiftly and firing at Ayato. Might as well go out fighting.

Click to reveal..

HP: 280 (after Armor and Regeneration) EP: 220

Attack rolls: 2d6+17=24, 2d6+17=22, 2d6+17=24, 2d6+17=19

Damage: 177 (Penetrating 2)

Defense rolls: 2d6+19=29, 2d6+19=26, 2d6+19=26, 2d6+19=26

Only two of the shots hit him, revealing more silver across his chest and side, but he deflected the others. "Nor do I." Searing light blazed from his eye, carving all around Francis, yet nearly hitting him. Francis' armor was white hot where the laser'd come near to it. A single hit could have proven fatal.

(Skye and Lily you're up)

Lily circled Naien warily, watching her for clues about any new tricks this 'rampage mode' gave her. Then she was attacking again, with the full speed of her flash steps. Vanishing, attacking, vanishing; fighting like a ghost, or a dream, her sword of energy swooped and arced, then swerved to block again!

(To hit rolls: 28. 25. 30; 142 dmg each)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2913857/

(defense rolls: 27, 29, 26)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/291386

It happened so fast, Lily's attacks found purchase, and at the same time, Naien's claws raked against her twice as fast as before.

Each it battered down more of her shields, though none of them managed to get damage through. (5 hits 125 damage)

Perhaps most notably, as Naien hit her, her wounds began to close.

"You aren't the only one with new tricks."

(Skye you're up)

Feeling buoyed by the presence of her goddess on the field of battle - even if it wasn't her goddess - Skye lashed out at Ayato again.

Click to reveal..
Three attacks (2d6=7, 2d6=6, 2d6=7)

Attack #1: 26

Attack #2: 25

Attack #3: 26

Five defenses (2d6=11, 2d6=7, 2d6=3, 2d6=8, 2d6=3)

Defense #1: 30

Defense #2: 26

Defense #3: 22

Defense #4: 27

Defense #5: 22

The attacks connected, revealing more translucent silver, and hints of gold as skin peeled away. The eye lasers lashed out twice, carving the blank terrain around her, cutting off a large swath of her Kimono, the heat singeing her skin.

Across the battelfield, far from the others, They could hear the words...

"Let the Fool who stands before me be destroyed by the power you and I possess, DRAGONSLAVE!!!!!!!" An explosion ten kilometers across shook the area, the unreality of the power of their ability to hear Valerie's voice even, it left everyone in Awe.

Ayato called to Hizashi? "Now?"

Suprisingly he answered, though he was some distance away. "Hold."

"Very well."

On the screens Tsunami cleaned house, destroying ships that fired on her, and at the forefront of the armada backing her, Ryoko stood, bathed in divine azure fire, She too had been invested with Tsunami's power.

(Sakura you're up)

Originally Posted By: Justin OOC
Sakura managed to dodge or parry all of Hizashi's attacks, making the elder head captain smile. "You understand finally."

He nodded once and looked to where Kai was fighting Amaya. "You wish for his power, You think it could save you. That's alot of faith in your sword, more than most."

"If I give you a minute, do you think you can make it reality?"

He smiled. "I'd be interested to see the final expression of your soul."

Sakura considered his question for an instant, then she drew a deep breath, she wasn't sure at all that she could reach as deep as needed. "I do not know.. we shall see." At that moment, she touched her soul and then began to focus upon her sword, reaching deep within as she did, testing for a moment, and felt herself shoved out with enough force that she shook her head. "Not today, I spoke early of skill, I don not have the skill or the strength to fight you, though I can keep you from striking me for now, I can not do anything to you... and and I can not yet awaken the full strength of my soul, I am not ready for this challenge you put before me."

She smiled slightly a moment, then "I can, however, keep you occupied, until my friends and allies are finished with their opponents, and you stand alone... strike me if you can.." With that she went into full defense once again, making no strikes on him, only avoiding or parrying his own attacks.
Click to reveal..

Again.. Full Defense + 3 and + 1 for each extra attack, + 6 to defense
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2917233/
Regenerate 35 HP
Armor: 100 || Health Value: 285 || Energy Value: 280/620
On a side note, at the moment, I don't see her doing anything but total defense at this time.. unless she receives support, or a clear opening comes up.

He smiled. "There is the Aradian sensibilities I have long known." He came at her with unrivaled speed, his blade slashing away clothing from her side, her shoulder and even a lock of hair.

She'd fended him off, and then found herself looking up into his cold grey eyes with his fingers pressed against her shoulder.

"Hadou Number 4, Byakurai" At point-blank range he couldn't miss and didn't the lightning blasting straight through her collarbone and scapula leaving an inch across hole of burned and cauterized flesh. (130 damage for the next turn Sakura is at -3 to all combat actions)

He appeared again further away, and she realized, he was smiling. It was a test.

(Gosha you're up, you have until Saturday)

Gosha is slightly dissappointed at the lack of reactions all the attacks are recieving. The 'thing' they were attacking was reacting, but not as much as he had expected. And he wished they could do something other than just swipe at him, but with a lack of any terrain at all it made things difficult.

So he just did what he was good at and slashed a few more times.

Click to reveal..

Three attacks 23 30 28 damage 337 each 40 armour 80 FF

Defenses 26 21 24 23 +2vs ranged

Ayato danced back from Gosha's attacks and sighed. "Is this all you can do little man? How very boring. We're in a world where you can craft the surroundings as you wish, and you're all so weak you haven't even tried."

There was nothing but contempt in his voice, as he lashed out with his own blade, connecting only once. (100 damage)

(Francis you're up)

Francis didn't like the contempt being shown them, even if they couldn't seem to overturn it for now. In frustration, he tried to blast Ayato's laser eye before switching to more regular firing patterns.

Click to reveal..

HP: 305 (Regeneration added) EP: 220

Attacks:

Called shot to Vital spot- Eye

2d6+14=23

Other Regular Laser Pistol Attacks:

2d6+17=24, 2d6+17=24, 2d6+17=25

Defenses: 2d6+19=27, 2d6+19=28, 2d6+19=21, 2d6+19=22

Francis's first shot missed, but the others hit, revealing more silver and gold translucent metal. It was lucky the attack had thrown off his aim, as the laser carved up more of the area around him.

"You're starting to annoy me."

(Skye, Lily, you're up)

"Craft the surroundings as we wish?" Skye tilted her head a bit at that, blinking. A second later, she decided to give it a shot; at first, the 'world' resisted her. She pushed harder, forcing the change - and reversed the gravity around Ayato.

Click to reveal..
Attempting to reverse gravity in the spot where Ayato is standing (+5) DC 12 (2d6=5) = 10, boosting it to 12 by spending 20 EP

110 damage taken (Regen 5), 20 EP spent

Archived