Aberrant: Dead Rising - 11g: Schrodinger's Zed

Dawn OOC

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Crap, there's another one. Watch our backs Sarah." He was a blur as he went on the attack.

Click to reveal..
spending for multitasking

First attack

(11:10:32) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 9d10 and gets 1,2,9,9,5,2,2,10,6.

(11:10:44) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 3d10 and gets 8,4,4.

(11:10:54) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 1d10 and gets 7. 6 successes

damage 5d10+[10](11:11:33) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 5d10 and gets 3,7,2,9,9. 13 Damage lethal

second attack

(11:13:29) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 8d10 and gets 9,3,4,7,1,8,4,1.

(11:13:35) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 3d10 and gets 2,1,8. 5 successes

Damage (11:13:43) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 5d10 and gets 4,9,2,6,8. 12 damage lethal

Defense

(11:15:04) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 8d10 and gets 3,7,10,3,8,6,3,2.

(11:15:10) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 3d10 and gets 4,4,5.

(11:15:16) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 1d10 and gets 3. 3 successes

16/26 qp

Dan's lightning fists struck at the creature twice, pulling a shrill scream from it. His fists made new marks in the smoldering flesh. Sarah took another look and realized, though this was identical to the first, it clearly didn't have the same wounds they had inflicted before. This 'twin' was fresh to the battle.

Or had been before Dan.

Myf is up - you have until Thursday afternoon.

"Wait a second, Adam, you're hurt." Myfwany pressed her palms against Adam's side, pouring a torrent of golden light into him that faded to green as it entered his body. The damaged places she could see in his pattern were rewoven, flesh and bone remade as if new.

"If she's hurt, bring her up and I can heal her too."

She looked around, feeling a touch of nervousness. Fighting is taking it out of me. I can't keep it up much longer.

"Otherwise it might be best if you got her out of here."

(Using Healing on Adam. Two dots. Do you need a roll for that? My book seems to be hiding from me.)

(also! Die roll for Nature Mastery! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2837929/ 3 successes.)

Adam's wounds began to knit in that 'magical' way that both delighted and irritated Myfwanny.

Meanwhile, her animals continued to attack, tearing and hurting the zombies around them.

Kristin is up; you have until Friday evening to post.

Kristin's hands tightened with comfortable familiarity on her axe, quickly glancing at the man on the ground who had handed it back to her before refocusing on Hornsbeck, lips peeled back in a hateful grin.

"I don't like Simon, but Ashley does, so that's just one more thing I have to pay you back for, Mas- Asshole-fucker!" Kristin's thick muscles rolled and rippled beneath her skin as she strained to hold herself back from attacking with reckless abandon, the axehead weaving precise circles in the air. She hadn't known it, but Hornsbeck was a Slayer - a Super too. She had to be smart about this, she never wanted to be his ever again. She'd die this time.

She would.

"Just you and me, right. But this is the last time. And after, you'll never hurt me or any other woman ever again. I'm gonna make you eat your fucking balls."

Kristin suddenly jumped forward, axe-sweeping low in a feint before swinging high, powerful, compact body spinning gracefully in a full circle as she aimed for his head, seeking to wipe away that hated smirk from his face, then dancing out of reach in case that wasn't enough to stop Master Horns-bastard from still trying to claim her.

Click to reveal..

2 Multiple Actions (-2, -3):

Action #1- Attack [Head Shot, +2 Difficulty], Spending WP for an extra success

Head-Chop!!! (First Die Mega) 9d10.hitsopen(7,10) = 6 Successes) + 1(WP) - 2(Headshot) = 5 Successes VENGEANCE!!!

Damage: Str + M-Str + Weapon + Threshold Success = 15d10 + [10]

Damage [+10]: 15d10.hits(7) = 16 Lethal Damage + Headshot

***Substracted last die from damage***

(If the Super Zombie is dodging or has something mitigating Attack Successes, subtract dice from the Damage roll starting from the right [the last ones] and going left)

Action #2- Dodging (Keep those Hornsbeck Hands OFF!!!)

Dodging (First Die Mega): 8d10.hitsopen(7,10) = 2 Successes

Q: -1|WP: -1|HL: -0

Hornsbeck didn't dodge. He tried to; he started to duck his head, but Kristin's axe caught him across the throat. Her unnatural strength tore into his body, cleaving his head from his shoulders and snapping her axe head into several pieces. Hornsbeck collapsed and his body faded into nothing within seconds.

Draygo is up now - you have until Friday evening.

Draygo quickly looked around but couldn't find where his prey had gone, so he coiled and jumped back up into the sky. Once high enough, he looked around the area, what was directly under him, where the majority of the zombies were, and beyond. The human part of him reasoned that if it could disappear and reappear that it might go away from the main battle zone to recuperate from its' encounter with Draygo.

Click to reveal..
(Draygo): Perception (Mega First)

(20:29:42) ChatBot: (Draygo) rolls 5d10 and gets 4,1,4,2,2.

(20:29:52) (Draygo): ouch

(20:29:53) (Draygo): botch

Have fun Dawn... please be gentle

High in the air, Draygo could finally see the other zombies left on the field of battle. He saw only one super zombie left, fighting with Dan and woman he didn't know.

Click to reveal..
The one fighting James in inside the building with him.

Julia shouted back, "Okay, Uncle Adam!" Her voice was tight with fear. She was holding it together - until she heard something behind her. "Theressomethinghere!" she shrieked at the top of her lungs as she pointed her revolver at the sound.

"Lady?" 'Simon' asked, looking nervously at Krisin. Wu was a little scared; she'd helped them but she'd been screaming some strange shit. "You okay?"

Julia's whimper became a scream as the zombie stumbled out of the shadows and moaned.

James is up; you have until Sunday evening.

When his blow landed James smiled grimly at his success but then his elation turned to defeat when the zombie teleported away. Darn it. Chickens counting too early. Is it close by?

Feeling like a cat with an infinite number of mouseholes, James closed his eyes, and tried to sense and pounce on his foe.

Click to reveal..
That chicken statement is James mangling a proverb. He'll do the same as before, Aware to see where it is and then a super leaped attack. There's a good chance this will send him through a wall or something but he's not thinking of that. Pool is 18/24 (S-leap this time and forgot to account for blindfighting from last time).

With Blindfighting up I don't think there's a diff so he'll roll megas(first).

Aware (2mega+8normal) 10d10 → [9,9,1,8,8,1,1,9,4,4] = 7 Succ (wow)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2842035/

Attack Roll: (7 normal) 7d10 → [6,5,10,7,9,3,5] = 3 suc

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2842041/

Damage: 7d+2(acc)+[15] (lethal: Fire)

9d10 → [6,8,6,9,9,3,9,3,6] = 4sux+15= 19

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2842045/

Sarah blinked at her belayed realization but tried to not let that distract her as she moved backwards from the punch and brought her blade back around for another strike, grunting, "Then we'll just stop it again and find out where they're coming from!"

And with that, her weapon flashed towards the new(?) super Zed's torso, it's wielder's eyes narrow with focus, deciding to not press her luck, still feeling that last hit and lucky by a hair to have dodged that punch...

Click to reveal..
Okay, rolling to hit and expending a dot of temp willpower...

8d10.hits(7)=1

That plus one equals two.

In the event I hit, rolling for damage...

10d10.hits(7)=4

And that plus five for M-STR One equals 9 Lethal Damage

Sarah’s blade cut into the zombie again. There was no scream, but the monster grimaced in pain.

Adam and Myf

The zombie was just there again. Before they could react, it had lashed out at Myfwanny, its hand rocketing toward her. She felt the breeze of its passing like a gust of rotten wind.

Draygo

As the dragon-man came around, he saw a zombie appear where he had just been. It seemed to be looking for him.

Dan and Sarah

Dan scowled as the zombie turned on Sarah again. It punched her hard in the face, then brought its foot up and kicked her in the chest, hard. The blow knocked her back onto her ass, leaving her on her back on the roof.

Click to reveal..
Attack 1: 3 sux

Attack 2: 3 sux

Damage 1: 0 Bashing on Sarah

Damage 2: 4 Bashing on Sarah

The ‘knockback’ on Sarah is for dramatic purposes. She won’t have a penalty to get up or move back into combat on her turn.

Adam is up next.

Sarah had managed to soften the impact of the punch, but the kick had driven the air from her lungs and sent her backwards off her booted feet, her head snapping back against her backpack frame as she hit the ground. The megamorph's blade went skittering out of her hand, and she had a few confused seconds of dull pain as the darkness rushed in and claimed her, enough time to think one question before it all went black.

What the hell was that thing?!?

Adam ground his teeth for a moment, but there was no contest - as much as he appreciated the healing, and hated to leave the doctor, that was his niece screaming down there.

Without another word, he turns and drops down the hole after his niece, looking around in the darkness for the zombie and swinging at it.

Click to reveal..
4d10, first die mega -> 8,5,8,9 = 5 successes

Unless the damn thing has a stealth mode, I think I spotted it.

5d10 -> 9,9,6,7,4 = 3 sux

[5]+5d10+whatever damage the steel bar would count as; I expect it's another 4d10, but I'll leave that to Dawn to roll.

Adam's attack knocked the zombie clean off its feet and bounced it off the wall of the building. Julia dashed forward and grabbed him, burying her face in his side. He could feel her shaking against him.

Dan - you're up. Get 'em Tiger - just do it before Thursday evening. wink

Dan got worried when Sarah went down. Ducking beneath the Zombie's guard, he tried to land one good solid blow to take it out, or at the least distract it.

His next motion was to grab Sarah and her sword and take to the sky, hopefully out of reach of the zombies, including the supers.

Click to reveal..
multitasking

attack

(18:19:40) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 9d10 and gets 2,6,2,9,3,10,1,7,6.

(18:19:49) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 3d10 and gets 7,4,2. 5 succsses

(18:19:58) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 5d10 and gets 7,2,3,2,1.

11 damage Lethal

(18:22:36) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 1d10 and gets 5.

activating Flight

defense if needed

(19:11:52) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 8d10 and gets 4,4,8,5,4,9,3,6.

(19:11:56) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 3d10 and gets 8,6,4. 4 successes

quantum 13/26

He switched on his radio and sent out to the others. "I've got a super down, I'm calling this one. Everyone head back to the rendevous point, It's time to go."

Myfwany recoiled from the zombie...another teleporter?! How many of those were there?! It was completely unlike living supers, who tended to manifest a startling array of abilities, no two exactly the same. Unless...

Unless this zombie's power wasn't teleportation at all.

She squinted at the zombie, stepping back to avoid another clumsy swing. It broke down in her vision into a black fog...the signature of the zombie version of the power. But...it wasn't the same. The strands were indistinct, and looked misty when she focused on them. Abruptly she realized what she was seeing. Not a creature exuding power...but power disguising itself as a creature. This thing was like one of Pumpkin's 'friends!'

"Dan!" Myf called urgently. "Some of these zombies, maybe even most...they're not real. Something is creating them. Defeating them won't hurt the source at all...we have to find the one who's making them!"

She glared at the 'fake' zombie, and lashed out with filaments of golden power, like barbed wire. Rather than attack the false creature, they attacked the pattern of energy that was creating it.

There had to be some manifestation of power when it made one. Now she'd be alert for it. First though, she had to dispose of this one.

(19:04:07) (SalmonMax2): Disrupt roll

(19:04:57) (SalmonMax2): 7 dice, plus one mega dice. Mega is the last one.

(19:05:03) ChatBot: (SalmonMax2) rolls 8d10 and gets 7,6,7,5,5,10,3,3.

Kristin crowed in victory as she cut Hornsbeck down for the last time, his head tumbling on the ground. But as she bent down to claim his head, her victory cheer turned into a growl of frustrated rage when Hornsbeck's body discorporated into nothingness. Like a bursting soap bubble, Kristin was suddenly no longer facing her tormentor and his minions in the courtyard of the Prison-come-Paradise, but instead, stood bewildered among a morass of the shambling undead.

Kristin stared at the shattered remains of her axe, the improvised, steel half twisted and bent, thick shoulders and full breasts rising and falling with her rapid, strained respiration, when someone spoke to her. Feeling sick to her stomach - Will I never be free of Paradise? - Kristin looked over at Wu, swiping at an approaching Zomb, crushing its chest with the axe-haft.

"I'm... I'm okay, I'm fine. I'm just..." Insane? Nuts? Tormented? "... pregnant." Kristin forced out a self-deprecating chuckle, but it was weak and faint. "Hormones, you know?"

"Uh... right..." Wu agreed, since if this woman was crazy, that last thing he wanted to do was make her angry.

"Wu, er, Kristin, we gotta go, the zombies are closing in!" Black Dave shouted from the front of the idling APC. "Let's head to the Barracks. Hopefully there are some survivors left." And damn, I want to close the hatch before a Zed crawls in.

"That has my vote!" Wu suppressed a grimace, then stretched out a hand to Kristin, hoping she wouldn't rip it off. He'd though he'd have a hard time taking his eyes off her tits, but her muscular arms, not to mention of obviously superhuman strength, was intimidating. "Coming?"

Kristin looked at his hand and nodded, but didn't take it, a shiver running through her at the thought of male contact. "I'm coming. Get inside, I'll ride on top again."

Kristin brushed passed him, shoved another zombie into a clump of other zombies, and jumped onto the roof of the APC. She stood in a low crouch, one hand keeping her steady, the other using the twisted steel-haft as an improvised club to give her a bit of extra reach.

Wu ran back into the rear of the APC and raised the drop-hatch. A second later, the APC slewed around and sped towards the Barracks, zombies breaking against the hull, dirt and gravel kicked up the the heavy treads.

Of all the zombies, Draygo only saw one like the one that had hurt him; and he needed to hurt it. So, like a lightning bolt out of the sky, Draygo fell, talons first on top of its' head, deepening the crater that was there from where he had done this before.

And, despite the fact that he had a radio earpiece that Dylan had specifically made for him (so that they could talk while he was moving his trailer), because his dragon self was almost in a blood rage, he heard nothing of what Dan said about falling back. He would kill this zombie until it stayed dead, and no one was getting in the way of him doing it.

Click to reveal..
(Draygo): Flight Check

(19:32:30) ChatBot: (Draygo) rolls 5d10 and gets 1,6,5,3,7.

(19:32:35) (Draygo): 2sux

(19:35:27) (Draygo): dmg = str +3 = [5](Mstr) 5str +3 +2flight(B)

(19:35:51) ChatBot: (Draygo) rolls 10d10 and gets 6,5,7,7,2,6,9,4,9,10.

(19:37:44) (Draygo): [5]5B

(19:37:59) (Draygo): Draygo takes 1/2, reduced by soak, ping dmg

(19:38:04) ChatBot: (Draygo) rolls 1d10 and gets 6.

(19:38:09) (Draygo): no dmg

The zombie crunched under Draygo's claws, but once again, he could still feel it wiggling.

Adam

"Uncle Adam!" Julia's voice was relieved as she clung to him, her arms wrapping around his waist. "Can we go?! Please?!"

The zombie stirred and began to rose again.

Kristin

The truck rumbled onward, when Wu stuck his head out of the passanger window. "Wait, you guys got a message from a 'Dan' saying to fall back. You guys aren't leaving us, are you?" He looked frightened by the thought.

James you're up. You have until Tuesay morning.

James stood in the darkness and waited for an attack which didn't come. Come on... don't take that from me. You're hungry, come get me. Could he be waiting for me to turn away?

Originally Posted By: Dan Hawkins
He switched on his radio and sent out to the others. "I've got a super down, I'm calling this one. Everyone head back to the rendevous point, It's time to go."
James paused, momentarily indecisive. A super down? Kristin finally got what she wanted? Please don't be Myf. If I had to choose it'd be Dan... one hell of a way to split him from V... and he's not saying over the radio that he himself is unconscious.

James started to walk away and said out loud, "Guess I got him." No body means I didn't kill him. Come on, this is your chance...

Click to reveal..
Assuming nothing interrupts him, James will walk outside and then leap away... but he fully expects that zombie he didn't kill to try to ambush him so his attack action from last time is still reserved.

Draygo

The Zed bucked and twisted, and Draygo felt it wrap its teeth around his ankle and bite. To his surprise, he felt pain lance up his leg as the super-strong teeth dug into his skin.

Click to reveal..
Zed’s attack: 2 sux

Damage: 1 Lethal

Dan

Below him, the zombie flickered and faded from view-

Myf

-another zombie popped into existence behind her. The doctor had enough time to brace and then it was grabbing at her. Its arms locked around her like iron bars. “Donna know how you di’ tha’,” the Zed gurgled in her ears, “but gonna fin’ ouuuuut.”

Myf saw her own aura was being suffused by the Zed’s black one, as if it were incorporating her aura into its own.

Click to reveal..
Zed’s attack: 6 sux

Damage: no damage; grappling

Adam is up next. You have until Wednesday evening.

Adam wraps one arm around Julia, takes a half-step back, and then leaps up onto the roof. Flying over Myf, he sees the zombie grappling her, knowing he can't blast it without injuring, or maybe even killing her along with it. He lands only a few feet behind them, and swings around, bringing the bar down in an overhand swipe at the zombie's head.

Click to reveal..
5d10 -> 6,7,4,10,7 = 3 sux

Same damage as before, [5]+5d10+whatever. I expect this monster's soak is better, though.

Julia is still held in Adam's other arm, he won't be putting her down until they get out of here.

The bar cracked rotten skin and released a stink into the air, but didn't affect it like it had the zombie below.

Dan is up now - Dan do your thing! But do it before Thursday evening - if you need me to write a post for you, just come talk to me in chat. I know this is a bad week for you.

Dan growled with disgust. "I knew I should have taken the hit and killed it, Shit."

Juggling the unconscious and thankfully limp form of Sarah with one arm, he unslung his battle rifle and swung to an angle where he had a good clean shot only at the Zombies head, or it would be a clean miss.

Time seemed to stand still, and for a moment nothing moved, as Dan breathed in, then exhaled as he squeezed the trigger knowing this shot had to count.

Click to reveal..
Spending 1 Wp for success 10d10+3 mega (first)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2857139/

[2,9,9,2,10,2,4,5,10,1,4,8,6]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2857141/

2d10 → [1,9] 8 rolled +1 for WP 9 total successes

Damage

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2857148/

[7,2,4,4,8,4,2,4,10,4,5,7,1] 4L ( I hate my gun... I need a howitzer, or something with HEAP ammo..)

Myf felt something rip the zombie away from her; then a second later she heard the crack of the rifle. She turned her head and saw it sprawled on the ground, leaking things from its head. For a moment, she thought it was dead; then it started making a hideous whining noise.

Myf is next! You have until Friday evening.

With the threat of the zombie momentarily neutralized, Myf turned away and scanned the milling zombie hordes. If it was creating new ones so precisely, it had to be somewhere it could SEE, she thought. It made sense as a working hypothesis.

One of those zombies, she thought, will be watching up here. And it will be powerful...much stronger in its power than the ones around it. That'll be the one I want.

"Keep them off of me for a second," she said. "I've got to find it..."

(Perception check: 4 successes)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2861487/

Myf scanned the zombie horde, but couldn't see a zombie staring up at them. Suddenly, she realized that it could see up onto the roof; the second one to arrive hadn't been guessing about where to appear to grab her. It knew where she had been standing!

As if her thoughts had summoned it, she saw a flash of light from a nearby hill...

Kristin is up! You have until Sunday evening!

"No man is telling me what to do. I'm staying," Kristin shouted back, knocking a zomb's head from its shoulders with her club. "But we better hurry, or we might miss our ride back to the Refuge."

The APC drove across the camp under much better control in Black Dave's hands than in Kristin's, it's front hull painted red and brown with blood and decayed zombie flesh. With sharp handling, the APC navigated the terrain, heading towards the barracks and the sound of gun-fire.

Black Dave drove the APC to a skidding stop in front of the barrack's main door, the rear door thumping down with a loud clang. "Tell them to hurry, Wu, if they want a ride out."

Wu darted out, pounding on the door with the butt of his shotgun before leveling it on the zombies. "C'mon guys! Now's the time to motor - We've got help from people like Adam, but they're pulling out. Go! Go! Go! Please!" His plea was punctuated with the roar of the shotgun.

Kristin jumped down, batting the encroaching zombies away in tumbling heaps with her club until it was bent into uselessness. Kristin growled furiously, pitching at - and through - the head of another zombie, then looked around for another weapon. An abandoned car was nominated, due purely to proximity. She grabbed it by the front, small hands crumpling the steel, and swung it in scything arcs to knock the zombies away in bunches, who went sailing yards away.

Her grin was fierce and mean.

"The longer they take, the more chance one 'a the zombs'll get by me," Kristin yelled over her shoulder. "I can't see much swinging a car."

Draygo roared in rage, his voice carrying over the noise of the battlefield. That thing's teeth had somehow managed to get through scales that had stopped bullets... and that made Draygo see red.

He bent over, grabbed it just like the last one, and squeezed and pulled just like the last one. He was ready to kill everything at this point.

Click to reveal..
(Draygo): dex + brawl = 4+1

(14:37:36) ChatBot: (Draygo) rolls 5d10 and gets 4,7,8,3,7.

(14:37:47) (Draygo): 3sux

(14:38:24) (Draygo): Clinch does str + 2 dmg = 5str + 3Mstr

(14:38:41) ChatBot: (Draygo) rolls 5d10 and gets 4,6,4,10,8.

(14:39:20) (Draygo): 2 + [15] dmg or 17L dmg (because of talons/claws)

[bruised 0]

The zombie's head came loose with a ripping sound, and Draygo held his trophy high over his head, roaring his triumph. That roar was cut short when the head simply stopped existing, along with the body.

Julia finally let go of her uncle, stepping back from the super zombie lying on the ground. She thought about putting another bullet in it but felt better if she wasn't too close to it.

Kristin continued with the mayhem, unstoppable in the face of the lessor zombies. Her teeth bared, she ducked one zombie's attack, then laughed as another futitly chewed on her.

Wu and Black Dave began to load everyone left in the barrack into the APC.

"Guys," Myf said into the radio, talking in a quiet voice as if not wanting to be overheard. "I saw it. There was a burst of power from the top of a hill overlooking us. It's the one left of...I mean...it's to the north. The broad, tall hill there. It's at the very top. Someone hurry, before it teleports."

Dan nodded, lowering the gun abit, and drilling another bullet into the super zombie's head, exploding it across the roof of the building in a little fount of gore.

He set Sarah down, and nodded to Myfwany, "She's been hurt, and knocked out by the Zeds. Do you think you can help her and round up everyone else while I track down your mysterious friend?"

He was already looking in the right direction, waiting simply for Myf's affirmative or negative.

Archived