Aberrant: Dead Rising - 11g: Schrodinger's Zed

Dawn OOC

Feeling that sick, buzzing sensation at the back of her head that signaled she was nearly out of energy, Sarah nodded acknowledgement of the axe-wielding woman's (girl's?) response, pausing with a Zed hefted in one hand. She dispatched the snapping monster by grinding it's head and shoulders into the gore-stained ground and reached up to secure a handhold about 12 feet up on the tower's side.

Then she let go of the energy, a momentary vacumn forming as she shrank back to her more natural 6'10 height, feet braced against the side of the tower and looking down at the surging hoard below, backpack covering the cloth-wrapped form of her sword. The megamorph frowned, hair fluttering in front of her face.

"I don't suppose you're strong enough to give a helpful stranger a lift to the barracks so she can help some more?! I'm nearly dry, and would rather not have to get there the hard way!" Sarah yelled over her shoulder to the crackling figure of Dan, climbing up another few feet to stay clear of scrabbling claws.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"No. I'm better off throwing rocks in all honesty," Sarah confessed, scanning the hoard below them, gut roiling below the adrenilien at the number of people who had to have died here today, "Sorry." The megamorph hadn't been carried by anyone since she had changed, her run-ins with other metahumans more professional rivalry and fleeting cooperation than actual teamwork. It was... different. Good even.

He nodded. "Probably do as much damage, especially in your other state, if not more."

He was scanning for the others, making sure they were alright. "He said it was bad here, and with the size of Vegas, I figured it could be, but I didn't expect this."

He was already thinking about how they were going to get all the people out, still hoping there'd be enough to warrant that particular worry.

"Any pain left from your wounds?"

The animals spread further across the battlefield as nature itself rose up to attack the zombies. Most of the dead fell before the combined assault of man and beast. The rescuers could see the numbers dwindling as the deadly mob was given a taste of its own cruel medicine.

Draygo

The dragon bellowed with joy when his yellow eyes fell on his prey. It waited next to a building below, its ghastly eyes focused on Myf, Adam and Julia. Snarling, Draygo dropped out of the sky, heading for it as fast as he could.

Click to reveal.. (For Myf)
To clarify, the one that Myf has successfully disrupted is the one that Draygo is attacking. Myf can tell that her power worked on it, removing its teleportation ability and forcing it to face the dragon alone.

Dan and Sarah

The tall woman settled on the roof, looking around for something to throw. Dan hovered next to her, at head height to her even though his boots dangled in midair. This roof was bare of rocks, but Sarah began to gather buckets, rubble and even a couple of wooden toys as ammunition. She cringled a little at using a child’s playthings as implements of zombie-killing, but she consoled herself with the thought that she’d find the toys’ owners and replace them. If they were still alive.

Dan continued to fire, counting rounds so that he never clicked on an empty chamber or popped with clip with a round still in it. Even before Z-day, shooting had been easy for him. Now it was just too easy.

A pop of displacing air was all the warning they had. Dan and Sarah spun, but the zombie that had teleported in was already attacking them. One fist struck Dan in his back, feeling like someone had just hit him with a baseball – before his change. Sarah was already half-turned and the zombie’s second attack struck her thigh. The blows delivered, the zombie bounced back on its heels, standing in a defensive pose, its fists held up before its head.

Click to reveal.. (For Dan and Sarah)
Dan, your soak was based off your base numbers. I didn’t see that he’d activated his forcefield, but if I missed that, just direct me to the post and I’ll fix it.

Damages:

Dan - 1 Bashing (ping)

Sarah - 2 Bashing

Kristin

The blonde beauty was leaning down into a blow when a weight fell on her. The smell of rotten flesh enveloped her even as fingers dug into her hair. Her forehead bounced off the top of the vehicle as a knee dug into her kidney – not that it hurt. She was tougher than that – but she was still pinned under a male form, one that was dripping rot and black blood on her.

James

The only answer to James’ call was the childish sobbing from somewhere inside. Stupid kid, doesn’t even know when he’s been rescued, James snarled to himself as he leaned in a bit further-

Someone punched him in the throat. It didn’t hurt, but the shock of it caused him to half-fall a bit further into the hole. The smell of rotten death assaulted him as fingers curled around his throat and dragged him in deeper.

Myf, Adam and Julia

The bizarre battle was her doing and she also knew that she’d denied the monster its ability to flee the fight. Draygo’s roar assured the doctor that the dragon would take care of the zombie and Myf mentally patted herself on the back. Adam had said there was more than one, but if she could do that to them one at a time while the others took them down, she could really help.

Adam peered around the compound, looking for the next spot to lend his aid. There was a pop from behind him; cursing, he started to turn but a rotten fist smashed into his face. Adam staggered back a step, staring at the zombie which now stood between him and Julia and Myf.

Click to reveal.. (For Adam)
Damage:

Adam – 3 Bashing

Click to reveal.. (For All)
We’re in combat rounds; I’ll put up a combat thread for tracking Initiative. Post your rolls there.

James is up first, you have until Saturday morning.

It's true, Myf thought to herself. Their power is like ours. It looks different, but I think that's just like some kind of...polarity. Or something. The black energy and the gold energy are basically one kind of energy.

It was too complicated to think right now. Instead she focused on the zombie that had just teleported in and repeated her actions. Gold tendrils of power lanced from her in her own vision, snipping like surgical scalpels at the patterns of power within the 'zombie.'

She then said into her radio, "Dan, everyone, the teleporting zombies' power works on the same principles ours do. I can stop them from doing it, if I can see them, and if I'm close enough."

James

James hit the floor inside the building. He could smell rotting flesh and hear something moving but the darkness was disorienting. As he tried to focus, he saw a flash of movement. Suddenly, he realized the child's sobs had turned into maniacal, chilling giggles. Every horror movie involving a small child ran through his head as he struggled to get his bearings.

Fists slammed into him again and again it didn’t hurt. James had a second to register this and relax a little as the thing attacking him paused for some reason.

Draygo

The one he was watching hopped off the roof and started to move toward the building holding Myf and the others. Unlike the other zed-heads around it, this zombie moved with actual grace and speed, running at a pretty good clip. The dragon-man had to angle his course toward it.

Dan and Sarah

They both waited a beat too long. The zombie facing them danced forward with inhuman grace and lashed out again. It closed with Dan, unleashing a fury of blows. It struck hard enough to hurt at least once.

Click to reveal..
Zed’s attack roll #1: 7 sux

Dan’s damage after soak: 1 Bashing

Zed’s attach roll #2: 6 sux

Dan’s damage after soak: 0

Kristin

“Pretty.” It took Kristin a moment to realize that the zombie had just spoken to her. Worse, it had just hit on her and not the way that Kristin was comfortable with. To her horror, it grabbed at the back of her shirt and yanked, tearing the fabric easily.

Myf, Adam and Julia

Dead eyes scanned the doctor and the child next to her; Myf had the bad feeling she was being studied. Then it seemed to dismiss both of them, turning toward Adam as it swatted at a raven that swept in too close to the zombie’s face. It took one long-legged step and brought its other foot up in a low-high kick the caught him in the face – again. Adam felt his lip swelling as he faced the monster again.

Click to reveal..
Zed’s attack roll: 1 sux

Adam’s damage after soak: 1 Bashing

Adam is next, please post by Monday evening.

Adam sways on his feet, the beating following his earlier exhaustion leaving him on the verge of blacking out. "You son of a bitch!" he shouts, and golden light erupts from his hand, exploding in front of him.

Click to reveal..
Attack roll: 6d10, -4 wound penalties = 2d10 -> 8, 5 1 sux (area attack)

Damage is [8]+4d10

4d10 -> 10, 5, 4, 3 1 sux + 8 auto - whatever soak

The zombie screamed. The noise was pretty awful - something like listening to a child being put through a wood chipper backwards.

The roof fared far worse; Myf, Adam and Julia all found themselves on the edge of a hole in the roof. They had all seen the zombie fall, but was it down there?

Dan, you're next - you have until Tuesday noon to post.

Dan was agitated by the strikes, actually managing to pierce his field. "Fine." His wounds sealed up quickly, and with the practiced reactions of a combat veteran, he lashed out at the zombie, his hands crackling with electricity again, in a pair of vicious attacks.

Click to reveal..
activating regeneration, multitasking (1 turn), claws (-4qp)

wits

(12:05:00) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 5d10 and gets 5,8,8,8,1.

(12:05:05) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 1d10 and gets 1.3 success

First attack

(12:06:49) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 10d10 and gets 4,3,7,8,1,2,2,3,6,8.

(12:06:55) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 3d10 and gets 2,1,2. 3 successes -1 for penalty 2 sucesses

second attack

(12:08:36) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 8d10 and gets 2,6,10,3,7,5,9,5.

(12:08:43) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 3d10 and gets 8,5,6.

(12:08:48) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 1d10 and gets 10. 6 successes

defese

(12:09:34) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 8d10 and gets 10,6,6,2,10,3,6,8.

(12:09:40) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 3d10 and gets 3,6,8.

(12:09:45) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 1d10 and gets 8.

(12:09:54) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 1d10 and gets 2. 6 successes

damage

1st [10]+5d10

(12:11:11) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 5d10 and gets 8,10,2,3,9.

(12:11:16) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 1d10 and gets 1. 13 damage Lethal

2nd [10]+5d10

(12:11:46) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 5d10 and gets 5,2,4,2,2. 10 damge lethal

remaining quantum pool 18/26

The zed's skin was hard; the first blow opened a sizzling, raking blow in it; the second did nothing. And to Dan's surprise, the zombie made a face like it had felt that. He'd never seen even a super zombie react like that before.

Next up is Myf. You have until Tuesday evening to post.

Myfwany steps away from the hole in the roof, swaying to keep her balance. The last place she wanted to wind up was down in a dark wrecked house with one of these amped up 'super' zombies. Instinctively she looked around and spied the one that she'd used her power on. It had come off the car and was heading their way!

She grabbed at her power, part of her mind standing back and watching as gold ribbons unfurled from her hands and arms and plucked at the green streamers that flowed between the sky and earth. Power in the air, she thought. Thermal? There was a smell of ozone though, and the hairs on people's arms and legs were gently pulled out straight. Ghostly runnels of St. Elmo's fire burned blue along the metal of the car just behind the zombie...and then

KRAK

There was a blinding flash and a sound like an explosion as a spear of lightning descended...or ascended...from a clear sky, almost directly upon the undead zombie!

(Roll: (20:40:49) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 6d10 and gets 10,2,6,9,9,8.

4 successes. Damage is 4d10 (+10), for (20:50:20) ChatBot: (SalmonMax) rolls 4d10 and gets 6,10,5,4... 10+1...11 successes. Plus any from "extra" hit dice if applicable.)

Draygo watched as lightning dropped from the unclouded heavens to pound into 'his' zombie. It stopped the zombie, smashing it to the ground. For a split second, Draygo thought someone had stolen his prey; then the thing moved, dragging its arm over the ground lethargically.

Kristin, time for your freak out. You have until Wednesday night to post!

"Pretty..." rasped a scratchy, rough voice in her ear, a hand tightening cruelly in her short, golden hair. Her bared nipples stiffened in the cool breeze of the night and the passage of the APC, warm blood curling around her ribs, and suddenly, Kristin was back in Paradise...

Click to reveal.. (Flashback (Mature))
"Yer the purtiest little cunt Ah've ever seen, ain't ya just?" Master whispered in her ear, yanking back harshly on the chain leash linked to her steel collar, straddling her back as he forced her to the ground on her hands and knees. "It's too bad, really. Ya had'ta go and bust up Bill's face like that. Cuz now, now I hav'ta teach ya a lesson."

With a long, ominous shhhhrip! Master sliced her tight shirt off, then flashed the razor-sharp, gleaming skinning knife in front of her eyes, resting the vicious hook on the back of the blade on her cheek. "Now, do Ah use this on yer little friend, or on ya?" Master ran the blade down her face, her neck, over the heavy swell of a dangling breast, and caress a stiff nipple with the tip.

"Me..." Kristin said in a quavering whisper, shivering at what she knew he would do with the skinning knife, what he had already done.

"Louder, whore!" Master spat, twisting the knife, exerting all his strength as he jabbed it into her breast. Flesh distended until the tip finally penetrated, blade sinking in, up to the hooked barb, a thin line of crimson running it's razor edge. "Beg me to flay ya! Say it! Say it, slut!"

"Please, Master, please, flay me, skin me, don't- don't hurt Ashley, it was me, she didn't do anything. It's... it's my-my lesson," Kristin whimpered, groaning as Master twisted the knife so more, tears streaming down her face, then letting out a sharp cry as he wrenched it free.

"That's right, bitch, it's yers. It's the lesson all these bitches in Paradise gotta learn." The knife ran down the subtle knobs of her spine, stopping just before the crevice of her ass. Then Master started working the tip to penetrate her tough flesh. She was his favourite, more effort equaling more cruel satisfaction. She could feel the barb hooked on the edge of the hole Master had made, and she knew what would come next.

"Ah don't care how freakish strong a cunt ya are, woman serves man, as he pleases. Now, hold still, we don't want the cuts crooked, do we? When Ah'm done skinnin' ya, Bill has a special surprise he's gonna fuck ya with. And remember, if ya misbehave, everything we do to ya, we'll do to yer little friend too..."

Master tightened his grip on the hilt of the skinning knife, then with a steady, practiced motion, began to pull, a line of fire racing up her back-

<Ashley isn't in Paradise>

"NOOOOOooooo!" Kristin howled in furious, panicking rage, flailing blindly with an elbow at the demon in man's flesh clinging to her back. One hit connected solidly enough to stagger the bulk on top of her and Kristin scampered to her feet, spinning around with her steel-hafted axed raised in both hands. She grinned demonically at her assailant, green eyes blazing and hugely dilated.

Kristin didn't see a zombie, any zombies. She saw Hornsbeck, dressed in jeans and a wifebeater, cruel, domineering sneer on his face, a horde of his lackeys behind him. Men, all men, who had used her, abused her, cut her and beat her, and when she couldn't take anymore, they did it some more. And she had taken it, endured it, so Ashley didn't have to.

And they didn't have Ashley anymore.

"You don't have Ashley anymore, Horn-fucker!" Kristin yelled, voice rising into would have been laughter, if it hadn't sounded so broken and heart-rending. She pointed her axe at her former Master [the speaking super-zombie cocked a head in confusion].

"No more lessons, asshole. When I'm done fucking you with my axe..." The muscular teen's bronzed flesh was ruddy in the firelight cast by the barrel-fires [burning RVs] surrounding the gladiatorial ring on the main floor of the prison [the camp]. Her taut, full chest, barely restrained her bra, jiggled as she waved her axe at his men standing around them, ugly faces she knew and saw, awake and in her nightmares [the shambling horde of undead around them took no notice]. "I'm going to kill you. All of you. Every single one who touched me."

With a wordless roar, she launched herself at Master, chopping with her axe in a wild flurry, huge, green eyes wide and seeing their own reality.

Her first blow missed the zombie as it dodged with grace humans couldn't manage. The next two attacks landed perfectly, slamming into the zombie and tearing great rents in its flesh. But it did not fall, and Kristin saw Hornsbeck smile at her as he stood under the blows from her axe.

Sarah is up next - you have until Friday evening.

Sarah frowned as the thing stood up to Dan's crackling blows. It didn't move like a Zed. It didn't react to damage, or rather, fail to react to damage like a Zed. And no Zed she'd ever ran into, let alone a human, had stood up to a combat-blessed metahuman like this thing. And that was before she considered the teleporting.

Okay. So she'd treat it like a hostilemetahuman as best she could under the circumstances. Distract it if she couldn't kill it. Worry about what was in front of her and think about the implications later.

The blonde megamorph reached up and drew her sword from it's sheath on her back, two-and-a-half feet of steel emerging from it's protective covering to rest in her caloused grip. As soon as the weapon was firmly in hand, she stepped forward and swung with all her might at the thing's side, hoping to distract it from Dan if not actually inflict an injury.

Click to reveal..
Okay, so two actions. First action, drawing her weapon...

8d10.hits(7)=3

The second attacking with her weapon and spending a point of temp willpower to help...

7d10.hits(7)+1=4

EDIT: Aparently this is supposed to be five on my to hit roll???

And if that hits, here's the lethal damage before Soak is applied and minus my 5 auto successes for M-STR 1...

10d10.hits(7)=5

The sword bit deeply into the zombie's side. The zed screamed, a terrible sound like someone had a baby in a vise. As if the noise wasn't bad enough, thick black ichor sprayed from the wound. Sarah wrenched her sword loose as something seeped out of the zombie and rolled down its leg. It was probably once an organ, but now was just a black mass of rotten flesh.

And as happened to often, the chance to quote Star Wars came up. In the words of the immortal Han Solo: "I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"

Draygo is up; he has until Saturday night. I know the player said he was heading out of town tomorrow so if he doesn't post within that window, he has already stated his PC's actions for me to post.

Draygo let out a low snarl; no one was going to steal his prey, the thing that actually hurt him. Draygo angled down, flying head first towards his target. He pulled his wings in so that he could get as much speed as possible and screamed through the air towards the zombie. Before he got too close, he did a quick somersault in the air so that his feet, talons and all, were closest to the point of impact.

The only sound heard from the ground was the stereotypical whistling, reminiscent of the night time bombing raids of WWII... And then Draygo landed.

There was a loud crash, crunch, and boom as he landed right on top of the zombie, bringing the full force of his strength, weight and speed to bear. His backward facing knees bent with with force of the impact, and his wings spread to help him keep his balance. With a look down at his feet, Draygo lifted his head and let out a roar, relishing in the thrill of the hunt.

Click to reveal..
(Draygo): dex+flight for attack (if needed)

(00:24:58) ChatBot: (Draygo) rolls 5d10 and gets 7,3,1,9,1.

(00:25:04) (Draygo): 2sux

(00:27:55) (Draygo): dmg = str +3 = [5](Mstr) 5str +3 (B)

(00:28:09) ChatBot: (Draygo) rolls 8d10 and gets 5,8,7,7,7,6,10,6.

(00:28:28) (Draygo): [5] 5(B) dmg

(00:29:15) (Draygo): +2dice for flight (full tilt)

(00:29:23) ChatBot: (Draygo) rolls 2d10 and gets 8,7.

(00:29:49) (Draygo): 2sux = [5] 7(B) dmg

(00:30:49) (Draygo): Draygo takes 1/2 dmg, which would be [3]5, but 11B soak takes care of that completely.

Draygo felt the zombie crunch under him, and it felt good. His primal roar of triumphant delight was also good - good and utterly right.

Then his prey stirred below him - he hadn't quite managed to crush whatever passed for life out of it yet.

Julia is next, so BN is up; I'll do the NPCs in the reply post.

Kristin heard a shout, then a rifle going off nearby. She turned to see one of Hornsbeck's men clinging to the side of the vehicle they were on, shooting at Hornsbeck. It didn't seem to do much good; like most nightmares, it had little affect on the central horror.

The zombies continued their relentless crawl forward, as the humans kept up their desperate fighting.

James, you're up. You have until Wednesday evening.

The zombie had taken James totally by surprise and turned one good move into three. James swore mentally and tried to get a hold of himself. IDIOT!!! Darn it, OUTSMARTED BY A ZED! Calm down. Fight with your head.

James inhaled sharply through his nose, looked blindly around, and said with a trace of fear over the radio, "It's a trap! Don't come after me!" Wait for it... come on, you can't let me warn the others...

Click to reveal..
James turns on Smell-Sight (i.e. Blindfighting) when he inhales and reserves his action.

The smarter-than-him zombie (good grief he needs to kill any witnesses to that) would teleport away if he jumped it, so he'll wait for it to come to him. When it attacks him he'll attack it. If it matters this isn't a defensive action.

Attack Roll: 10d10 &#8594; [5,3,2,5,1,6,6,10,5,5]

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2810598/

Wow I suck, that's 1 sux.

If it hits it does 7d+15; 7d10 &#8594; [3,9,1,4,7,7,4] => 18 before soak with the black-fire blade.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2810605/

James

He didn’t have long to wait. The zombie struck from the darkness, and James turned to face it. Their blows struck together, James’ black sword and the creature’s pounding fists. The zombie screamed, a satisfying sound, but James was distracted as he noticed there was something different about the attack. The blow pounded into James with a strength he’d never felt before. First, it hurt a little. Second, it shoved him backwards, through the rickety wall of the building and into a car outside. None of that hurt, but it was annoying to pull himself out of the totaled vehicle.

Click to reveal..
James didn’t take damage; the ‘hurt’ was like when something hits you and stings. The knockback was cinematic in nature; no damage and no having to spend movement to get up.

James’ init is now 18 because he held.

Draygo

It shoved him off of it, standing up and facing him. The zombie snarled, baring rotting, black teeth at the dragon-man. The two of them faced off like gladiators about to go at it but Draygo was not so into the moment that he failed to notice that the zombie’s skin had started to shine a little, as if the rotting fluids covering it were drying into a shell….

Dan and Sarah

There was a pop of air and the zed disappeared in front of them; Sarah only had time to widen her eyes as it reappeared behind her and struck at her. A fist pounded into her kidneys, hurting more than any zombie’s blow should.

Click to reveal..
Sarah takes 4 bashing; it got a really good roll.

Dan glared at it, noticing that it seemed to settle into a defensive stance rather than attack again. It’s learning. It’s learning us.

Kristin

She was still in world where Hornsbeck lived and Kristin was raged as she swung her axe again and again. The zombie watched her demented strikes, then darted in, grabbing at her. Kristin screamed as Hornsbeck’s arms wrapped around her, holding her with iron strength. Her nemesis was not only here, he didn’t need Ashley to contain her anymore.

Click to reveal..
Hold Attack, page 244.

Myf, Adam and Julia

There was a pop of air and then the thing was behind Julia. The little girl spun and screamed – right as it shoved her forward into the hole. Julia fell with another shriek as the floor below rushed up to meet her; that scream was cut off when she hit the ground.

“Bad giiiirl,” the zed slurred, “playin’ wi’h guunssssss.”

Click to reveal..
Julia takes 1 Bashing. Lucky roll, that.

Adam, appropriately enough, is up next. He has until Thursday evening to post.

With a pained war-cry of "Julia!" Adam lets fly with another blast of explosive light, centered on the super-zombie's head.

Click to reveal..
6d10 -> 10, 9, 6, 6, 3, 2 -> 2 sux

Holding the area down to 2m radius this time (to spare the damaged roof), centered on or just above the zombie's head (the edge of the blast should just barely touch the roof).

Damage: [8]+4d10 -> 10, 9, 8, 3 -> 11 lethal before soak.

Hmm, so ... 3qp left, damage taken of 2L/4B ... yeah, I think I've got one more round left in me. laugh

Have to end this fast. He moved with alarming speed, closing with the super-zed and lashed out with his electrically charged hands, looking to strike it down for good.

Click to reveal..
1 qp for multitasking

First attack

(20:11:12) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 10d10 and gets 3,10,6,2,8,9,3,8,5,3.

(20:15:14) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 3d10 and gets 5,8,2. missrolled should be 9d10 -1 success.. 5 successes total

damage(20:16:30) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 5d10 and gets 10,5,8,5,9.

(20:16:36) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 1d10 and gets 4. 13 lethal damage

2nd attack

(20:17:21) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 8d10 and gets 9,9,6,8,5,3,3,2.

(20:17:27) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 3d10 and gets 7,7,5. 7successes

damage

(20:18:18) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 5d10 and gets 5,3,3,8,10.

(20:18:26) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 1d10 and gets 2. 12 damage lethal

Defense

(20:19:05) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 8d10 and gets 6,1,1,3,6,2,4,8.

(20:19:16) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 3d10 and gets 9,2,7. 5 successes

17/26 qp

The zombie flowed around the first attack with ease. The second caught it in the chest. It staggered - and started to fall. Before it could hit the ground, it faded into nothingness, leaving no trace behind.

Myf is next - I am suspending the two-day rule over the holiday weekend. Please post no later than Wednesday, the 29th.

"Julia!" Myfwany cried as the young girl dropped through the roof. There wasn't much time to act, let alone think. She yelled, "I need help up here!" and to make sure the others had an opening to provide that help, she pointed at the only super-zombie she could still see...and a stroke of lightning burned a path through the air from the sky to the ground, passing through the unfortunate undead on its way there. She then looked over the edge of the hole in the roof to see where Julia had fallen, and if it was close enough for her to get to without breaking a bone...as well as to make sure there were no zombies inside the place ready to attack the girl!

Meanwhile, outside, the animals continued attacking the zombies as Myf's power kept goading them to react to the zeds as threats.

(Lightning! 6d10 on attack roll, with 3 successes. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2819885/ )

(Nature Mastery! 7d10, last one is mega. 3 successes. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2819900/ )

The hair rose on Myf and Adam's arms; the air seemed to sizzle and become hot, building in strength and power. The animals edged away from the zombie as small sparks bounced between the hairs on its undead flesh.

Then all of that pent-up energy released in one massive burst of fire and blinding light. This close, the lightning strike was like having a hammer made of sound and light slamming into people. The zombie took the full force of the blow.

When the aftershocks were blinked away, the zombie was gone.

Kristin is up next. You have until Monday morning.

With Hornsbeck's arms wrapped around her, groping her taut ass, pinching her full, milk-swelled breasts, a keening whine rose from Kristin's throat, escaping through tight-clenched teeth, an urgent panic wracking her entire body. This was worst, so much worse. When Hornsbeck had Ashley, Kristin at least had the knowledge - as little comfort as it was - that she was letting Hornsbeck and his men do all those terrible things to her. Now, now, she couldn't even stop him, and she knew Master was going to drag her back to Paradise.

With teary desperation, Kristin writhed in terror-filled panic, thick muscles bunching and straining beneath bronzed flesh as she tried to free herself with the instincts of a wild animal, her only focus to flee from being thrown back into Paradise.

Click to reveal.. (Break Free!)

Activating Irresistible Force

Break Hold Roll (1st die Mega): 11d10.hits(7) = 2 successes Bleck!

If it matters, Kristin has M-Str 2 (10 auto-successes) and if Irresistible applies, her M-Str is considered 4 (20 auto-successes).

Q: -1|WP: -0|HL: -0

One moment she was tight in Hornsbeck's embrace; the next Kristin was staggering away from him, her muscles tensed tight from the quantum and fear-fed adrenaline pumping through them. She was free of ‘Hornsbeck’, who looked surprised that she’d pulled loose. It was a heady victory for the traumatized girl.

Sarah, you're up - you have until Monday morning.

Ugh, that had *hurt*. And then Dan had failed to take it down, too. Okay, okay... This wasn't difficult to figure out. A Super Zed was aparently still a Zed and Zeds never gave up on the attack. It would come back, and she'd be ready to take it down, give Dan a second opening if she failed...

The tall megamorph tightened her grip on the blade in her hands, senses straining for the tell-tale pop of the incoming Zed, muscles tensing beneath her skin amd feet shifting slightly to give her every possible advantage in speed before she sent her blade swinging at and hopefully through the creature's neck.

Click to reveal..
Okay, so Holding my action to try and decapitate the Super Zed if it comes back. Aparently this requires first a perception+aware roll (boosted by willpower)to spot the thing...

5d10.hits(7)=3

Which +1 Success =4

And if that spots him, I roll to Decapitate dex+melee...

8d10.hits(7)=1

...And in the unlikely event Sarah connects with that swing...

10d10.hits(7)=4

Which with Mega strength 1 translates into 9 Lethal damage.

The fact that the thing under his feet had the audacity to not only hurt him but then to survive after he had landed on it absolutely infuriated Draygo to no end.

So, to remedy that, Draygo bent over, grabbed the zombie by its' head and torso and began to both squeeze and pull. His talons sank deep into its' undead body while his muscles (that had, not too long ago, thrown an Abraham's tank through a building) tensed and pulled.

Click to reveal..
(Draygo): Clinch on zombie

(20:55:02) (Draygo): dex + brawl = 4+1

(20:55:08) ChatBot: (Draygo) rolls 5d10 and gets 2,5,4,5,8.

(20:55:12) (Draygo): 1sux

(20:55:43) (Draygo): if that's enough to hit, does str + 2 dmg = 5str + 3Mstr

(20:55:49) ChatBot: (Draygo) rolls 5d10 and gets 10,4,7,8,3.

(20:56:27) (Draygo): 3 + [15] dmg or 18L dmg (because of talons/claws)

The zombie tore easily, its rotting flesh parting under his massive claws. For a second the dragon gloried - then the zombie faded into nothingness.

Julia pushed herself up slowly, whimpering with pain. That had hurt! But she couldn't lie around and wait for the zombies to find her! Blearily, she looked around, tryin to see if there were other zombies in the room with her. "Oh, shit," she whispered when she realized she was surrounded by corpses. Swallowing hard, she turned in a circle, trying to see if any of them were interested in getting up again.

Kristin was still lost in her fantasy; the man from Hornsbecks, the one who had been helping her, shoved her axe at her. She had dropped it when Horns-fucker had grabbed her, and now it was right there for her again.

More humans died; more zombie relentlessly continued their mindless surge.

James is up, you have until Wednesday evening.

James grunted at the impact and his clothes tore going through the wall and again when he was embedded in the car. He though absently, I'll be naked before this is over...

Not sure if it was still working, James said over his radio, "They're strong. Strong like me." Not fully sure I got him... darn it, I have to check.

James leapt back into the building hoping to catch his attacker with it's guard down.

Click to reveal..
This is his fourth leap so his pool is 20/24. Mixed action, awareness at -2 (8d, megas used to lower difficulty) + attack (7d)

Awareness: 8d10 &#8594; [8,7,3,8,1,10,5,1] = 4 suc (and diff lowered by 2)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2828496/

Attack: 7d10 &#8594; [9,7,2,10,6,8,5] = 4 suc

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2828494/

James

He spotted it seconds before it spotted him. James' black blade cut into the zombie, tearing a hole open in it. The zombie shrieked in pain and disappeared.

Sarah and Dan

The zombie popped back into existence and Sarah swung for it. Her sword missed, coming shy of the neck she’d been aiming at. The zombie hissed at her then swung, its fist narrowly missing her head.

Click to reveal..
Dan, give me a Perception + Awareness check please.

Sarah's check: 5d10.hits(7)=0

Myf, Adam and Julia

Their zombie remained gone, leaving the two adults facing each other warily.

Draygo

The dragon raged, its trophy taken. Snarling, Draygo waited for the next attack, but it didn’t come.

Kristin

‘Hornsbeck’ snarled at the young man trying to help Kristin. He lunged past her and hit the kid in the face; he sagged immediately and disappeared from her view. With a rotting grin, the zombie turned back to her and rasped, “Jus’ you ‘n me again.”

Adam is up, you have until Monday evening.

Ever-alert Dan was waiting. It was too easy for it to have just left, not with Sarah hurt and him unable to put it down. It was there, or another one was. He knew in the same way that a mouse knew the Hawk was there, only this time He was going to be ready.

Click to reveal..
per+awa

(22:58:01) ChatBot: (Dan_Hawkins) rolls 9d10 and gets 2,9,4,7,7,4,4,8,9. 5 successes

Dan's sharp eyes darted to their opponant when it reappeared, just like Sarah's. Because he wasn't attacking, he noticed something she had missed - there were no burn marks, no place where Sarah's blade had cut into her. This wasn't the same zombie they had just fought.

Archived