Aberrant RPG - Aberrant: The New Flesh Developer Interview

Matt

Your entitled to your opinion, but some of us actually liked the APG, despite the editing. As to Unbalanced rules, I assume you mean Level 4 powers and above, as well as the various Mastery extras, which a number of us also liked.

Heh. Yeah, the book is one of the worst editing jobs I've seen, but I liked a lot of the stuff in it.

If there was one project in the Abby universe that I'd take on, it would be putting out a revised edition that was actually organized and clarified.

Well....the horribly written gadget rules. The terribly designed Q6 and above rules. Both of which I think are things the game desperately needed. But not done that badly.

And then there is the weird about-face attempt to make it a world of superhero teams.

I agree. It obviously didn't see good editing or play testing before it was released. The book feels very rushed to me, like they knew the game line was ending and wanted to make one last buck before it went under. That said, I am still glad they released it since I do want many of the things the book provides. I just wish they had taken the time to do it right.

Re: The APG-

Agreed that the editing on that book stank - there's really no pretty way to say it - but a bunch of the gaming data in it was very good. AFA I'm concerned, it was just a matter of picking out the gold from the dross.

Archived