Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - Chapter 9.3a Fallen Comrades

Justin OOC

It had been about sixteen hours since the battle against Takashi and Hizashi, and things were finally normalizing. A half Dozen machines kept Valerie alive, though she couldn't speak, move or respond to any stimulus. Masane sat with her, following the last order Kai'd given her, to keep his friends safe at all costs.

"I wasn't there for you Valerie, and I'm sorry. Kai and Lady Akina both asked me to protect you and I failed." She took one of the young woman's hands and held it to her heart. "I'll find a way to help you. I will not fail again."

(OOC This part is open to Lily and Skye. I'd like the two of you to make your way there, she was your comrade in that fight after all.)

Visiting the injured and the dying was always the hardest part after a fight. Skye personally hated it, but it was worse in Ikaris – hospitals there stank of death and dying. Here, on the ship where the air was filtered and scrubbed, there was no primal stench of pending mortality. Here, it smelled like Chemistry class.

Skye stepped into the room they kept Valerie in and stopped, frowning at Masane’s presence. “I’m sorry,” she said quickly, turning to leave. “I didn’t mean to interrupt.”

"Stay, please." The Older woman smiled. "She could use all the friendly presence we can manage. You fought along side her, though you never knew her."

"Where I come from, that's a gesture of great respect, and even if it is not where you are from, I thank you for being there when I could not."

Skye shrugged. "I just wish I could have stopped him from hurting her," she sighed, moving over to the neighoring bed. It was empty, and she pulled herself up to sit on it.

"We all do," Masane said, quietly studying the woman. Skye had slept and talked with Kazuo since the last time Masane had seen her, and the unusual priestess looked much better. Kai had healed her, but Skye had still looked dazed after the fight. Now, she looked more stable, less shocked.

"So," Skye added after a moment of silence. "Someone told me Valerie is German. Is that true?"

"She is of German and Hispanic origin on her original world from what I understand yes. Though neither of those nationalities really mean as much to me. Where I am from, It was simply Mainlander and what would be called Japanese."

"I saw that you touched my young master, and what that does when one lacks mana, or vitality?"

She sighed. "Thankfully it is something that only affects those he calls friend and ally. Or Else that fight would have been long over before."

There was a tension in the air suddenly, like a guitar string as someone plucks it, but just before it starts to make a sound...and then with a flash of blue light, Lily appeared in the hospital room. She was wearing the same clothes she'd had on at the fight, as they'd survived intact. Her hair was long and blue and swayed gently in the aftermath of her teleport. For a moment Skye found herself the subject of the princesses' gold-eyed scrutiny. Then she looked at Val.

"Masane...What's the news?"

He does that to his friends? Skye wondered, trying to figure out how to frame that as a question that wouldn't seem suspicious or overly negative. Before she could figure it out, Princess Lily teleported into the room.

Skye merely raised an eyebrow as Lily studied her. When Lily said nothing, Skye relaxed a little. She didn't want to start a fight, not right now. Not over their failing comrade.

Slipping off the bed, she lifted one of Val's limp hands into her own. Her skill at healing wasn't; she was not that kind of priestess. Normally, Skye didn't mind, but today she wished that she had the magical power to save this girl. All she could do was extend Tsunami's Grace over her; while this power normally only drove off evil, perhaps it would do more, today.

Skye's blue aura slowly spread from her hands down Valerie's arm. It didn't stop there; it eased over her until the girl glowed with the same blue that Skye did. "May Tsunami bless you," Skye whispered, still wishing that she were capable of calling on Luna. She missed her goddess and resented the intruder. She resented Her even more as she realized that defeating these two might take a while. Leaning down, Skye kissed Valerie's forehead and straightened.

She hated feeling helpless.

Lily watched Skye, the strange foreign priestess of Tsunami, extend blessings over Valerie. She didn't say anything, but she privately doubted a miracle would occur. Tsunami could not easily move within the tiny, fragile universe...not without ripping it apart, as a human being might inadvertently destroy a spiderweb while trying to free one of the bugs caught within.

"Masane," she said after letting Skye retreat back into silence. "What about the flower? The resurrection flower we got from the magic world. Could it help her? It's healed people in worse shape than her before...and she deserves it as much as anyone else who's benefited from it."

Skye couldn't stop her start of surprise when Lily mentioned Amana's Tears. The flower that started so much sorrow, Skye thought, composing her face to blankness. "It's Amana's Tears, Princess, and the world is Ikaris," Skye pointed out, her voice haughty. She was well aware that she was being a bitch, but she didn't really care. So much damage had been done to retrieve that blossom but Lily couldn't even be bothered to remember its name. Or even the name of the world where it had come from!

Masane's words hadn't helped calm Skye; indeed, they only fanned the flames hotter. Her composure slipped as Skye began to briskly straighten Valerie's sheets and cords. "I was not ordained as a priestess of Tsunami. She..." Stole. "... borrowed me from another goddess. I was ordained to Luna's service. And I'm not Dalaraan. I'm one-hundred percent human." Her small chin lifted proudly at those words. Dalaraans might be super-special or mystically endowed or something, but Skye didn't need special blood to survive the touch of their goddess.

"Apparently, Tsunami needs a mere human to help you defeat those arschlochs."

Lily turned to give Skye a flat look...had she been a cat, her ears would have been flat against her head, and her tail lashing. It was clear she wasn't really in a much better mood than Skye, after all.

"Exactly what is your problem?" she asked. "Ever since you've arrived, you've been snarling and snapping at everyone, no matter how polite we've tried to be. I realize you didn't choose to come here, but that's not our fault either! And what was that you were doing with Kai, anyway?"

Her voice went up on the last question, and it wasn't hard to deduce that was the one that was really weighing on her.

"You should ask Kai that," Skye said enigmatically, pursing her lips in the classic 'bitch smirk'. "He can answer that much better than I. But don't worry about me stealing him - like I said, you can have him."

With a final tug on Valerie's blankets, Skye began to move around the bed. She probably shouldn't fight over the dying woman but she couldn't stop; she was too angry. The best she could manage was to move away from her and give her a modicum of peace. "I never said it was your fault, Princess. It's never the pretty princess' fault, even when you catch her with her hand down the pants of the guy you like." Oops. Skye hadn't meant to bring that up. She'd honestly thought she was over that, but apparently not.

"But you are truly innocent of bringing me here," Skye said, her tone implying that there were other things that Lily was guilty of. She moved casually toward the door with a saunter that was designed to just piss Lily off more. If this continued down the path other other fights had, they should leave the medical area and Skye was preparing to 'take this outside'. "You don't have to get your hands dirty when your goddess will have her brother rope in all the people you need. I came to find Kazuo, not fight your war. It's already almost got me killed! So ficken excuse me if I'm a little pissed."

In a blue flash Lily stood blocking Skye's path out the door.

"Look, if you're mad at Tsunami, I suggest you take it up with her. You can at least talk to her and get answers. That's more than most of us get."

She folded her arms stubbornly, glaring a Skye. "What I want to deal with is your attitude towards me. I don't know if it's something personal...which seems impossible, since we just met, or if it's just a general problem you have with authority, but it needs to be put to rest before we have to fight again. Otherwise, you can take Kazuo and go as far as I'm concerned."

"No, they can't." Masane looked at them both. "Kai is there only way home, and if Tsunami doesn't allow it, they don't go anywhere."

She shook her head. "She's still the primary Goddess of this dimension, and as powerful as we think we are, we cannot go against her. To do so would only invite misfortune on everyone."

"You two need to calm down."

She looked at Skye. "I don't know what possessed you to kiss my master, but I assure you he was every bit as suprised as he could be when you did so. He did nothing to make you do so."

Skye bit back the long string of angry curses that bubbled behind her lips. She'd learned some temperance, even if she didn't have much of a cap on her temper. She stepped so that she wasn't between the two women and could see both of them. "As Masane just pointed out, Princess, I don't have a choice to be here, and as such, I don't feel like I have to be all smiles and glücklich freude-freude. Tsunami has already taken me from my patron goddess, so you can see why I probably don't want to talk to Her, either."

Skye tossed back her hair and said with icy anger, "And no, we don't need to talk anything out to work together. I will do my best to defend you and Satoshi, because I have been commanded to do so. I don't have to like it, but I can be a professional - and a gute kleine Soldat." She snapped a mocking Ikaris salute off at Lily and spun to face Masane.

"And as for you," Skye snapped, "I don't need to do anything you ask of me. And your assurances that 'your Master' didn't do anything to me means nothing to me. You didn't experience what I did, and I really doubt that I can trust the word of a woman defending a man she has enslaved herself to."

Skye glanced at Lily and said with a snort, "If you're worried about someone stealing your liebling der herzen, you should worry about her."

Click to reveal.. (Translation)
glücklich freude-freude - happy joy-joy

gute kleine Soldat - good little soldier

liebling der herzen - little darling's heart

Lily took a deep breath and said, "Fine. We offer courtesy and you return scorn and insults. In that case I won't bother holding back."

"As far as I'm concerned, Tsunami brought you here to secure your friend's loyalty. That's the only reason I can think of, since you were completely and utterly ineffectual in the actual fight." She made the last words crack like a whip, but her expression never changed; her anger showing entirely in her eyes, her face set in a grim mask.

"So you don't have to worry about being a gute Soldat or any other kind of soldat anymore. You can stay in your room, and let Kazuo pull both your weights, since it appears he's capable of it. And maybe, if you ever get it into your head to stop being a black hole of a bitch to the people who are trying to help you, and a serious drag on morale, you can see the light of day again."

"How does that sound, Priestess?" Lily concluded, mimicking Sky's mockery of her title perfectly.

Your help!?” Skye barked, her eyes going wide with indignation. “Look, Princess, I don't need anything from you! I was brought here to help you! So yeah, you can take that ‘Skye needs our help’ and shove it up your arsch! I wasn’t even involved in your war until I agreed to help you! Oh, and just as a note, your hospitality has been pretty verdammt lame, too.

“But back to the issue at hand, I get told my friend is here and people need my help, only to find out I'm dealing with the Petulant Precious Princess and her crush on the pubescent head of Satoshi. Now you’re getting up in my face because your boyfriend made me kiss him! Oh, don’t look so outraged,” Skye snarled, her pretty blue eyes narrowing as Lily reacted to her biting remarks. “I spent a long time in Bazaroth; I know what an emotional compulsion feels like. Go be mad at him instead of acting like you have any authority over me!

“Speaking of authority, I should warn you, as a Priestess of Tsunami, that making assumptions about Her intentions and motivations is dangerous,” Skye pointed out, her tone scathing and reproving. She was vaguely aware of the displacement of an incoming teleport, but didn’t think too much of it. Half the Daralaans seemed to be able teleport from the cradle, as near as Skye could tell. She glanced casually at the new arrival, mildly curious to see who was coming to yell at her now.

"I'm petulant?!" Lily demanded. "Look in a mirror! This has nothing to do with you losing control of your hormones after a fight! You've been nothing but whiny and demanding ever since you arrived! You seem to feel like you deserve status and privelige, all the while you treat us like obstacles in your path, and that is NOT how it works! Any status you have here, you have because you EARNED it. If you're new, as you are, then you start from the bottom, I don't care WHICH god punches your time card!"

"If you want to help, fine! Great! What I'm telling you now though is that right now, you're not helping! If that was your mission, you're FAILING. The bottom line is that, if you're going to be fighting with us, you'd better accept that I DO have authority over you. So do a lot of others! We welcome allies, but an ally is more than 'someone who grudgingly fights alongside you because she has a gun to her head.' Until you're willing to put the attitude down and deal with your issues...whatever they may be...there's no way I'm letting anyone fight with you."

Brilliant Black fire blossomed from the opening teleportation gate, and Masane moved to pull the priestess and princess out of the way succeeding only partially. One hand, seemingly made of pure black flames placed a bright jeweled collar around Lily's neck, and instantly she felt weak. The other holding Sounga, speared into Masane's chest. Coughed blood all over him, Takashi smiled.

"Hello, Ladies."

His massive wings brushed Skye and she felt darkness envelop her. "I came to finish the job." Ke knocked over the table disconnecting Valerie from her life suport systems and sending her to the cold metal floor. Masane still reeling transformed and stabbed him. He grunted then scowled as he heard the ship's alarm sound. She smirked. "No chance now, they're all coming."

He smiled. "I have enough." She was already beginning to crystalize death soon to take her. Skye felt a massive impact in her stomach, then nothing. Lily could only watch as Masane died, and Takashi grabbed her, knocking her out far easier than he should have been able to, then only blackness.

By the time Kai arrived, Masane was solid Crystal, frozen as she died... his touch shattered her, and sent the witchblade bouncing across the floor, where it touched Valerie.....

Valerie´s body was sprawler on the floor, all the tubes and cables going into her had either been disconnected when she tumbled off the table of broke off in the case of the more delicate ones, there on the floor while her friends and allies were being captured and killed, she slowly bleed to death, literally as it comes, her heart beast stopping.

Even after death, Valerie was not somebody to give up, as her last moments of brain activity were spent remembering the Hizashi fight, kicked herself over not being able to help more, and being useless against the Ex Captain Commander of Satoshi.

What else could I have done? I pretty much used up all the juice I had, and half of what the ship had left on it´s core, maybe, if I had been slightly stronger, if I could of drained the whole ship core...

Dozens of thoughts alike rushed through Valerie´s head, slowly dying out due to a lack of energy and ending in a single short thought. I don´t want to leave Kai behind.

As the last moment, right before every sign of life extinguished inside of her, a force clutched onto her life force, nailing it to her un-living body. DO YOU ACCEPT THE CONTRACT?

A thousand years worth of life times rushed through Valerie, all of them of courageous women from Earth, some even from other places far beyond, they all lived and died by the ideals they served, and by the persons with the power to sustain those ideals above themselves. They were all Witchblades, servants to a master magically bound by contract to spirit and mind.

I...I don´t know, what will happen to me? What happened to Masane? She was your owner! Valerie reeled slightly with the shock of the news, what had happened to Masane was obvious at this point, the Witchblade did no sound to the question, but asked once more.

DO YOU ACCEPT THE CONTRACT?

An image of Kai running into her hospital room and finding both Masane and her dead came to her mind, clear as crystal, the taint of Takashi was still palpable on the room and the feeling sickened her to her stomach. I do, grant me your power so I may serve my master.

What sounded like a terrible laughter from beyond hell ran down her spine and ignited it on fire, as a matter of fact every part of her body felt set aflame from the tip of her toes to the top of her head, every muscle fiber and nerve ending was filled with pain, that while alarming at first it dawned on Valerie just how numb and cold she had been, the clutch on her life only tightened its grip as it was allowed to exist.

----------------

On the ground as she was, Valerie´s color went from a very pale shade to a flushed color, not even convalescence removed her new "Battle" mode as she had called it at first, the Witchblade enveloped her completely as a thin membrane, spreading through out her body, and slowly but surely all her wounds healed, and what was more, from within her skin, shards of metal and plastic punctured her skin as they were rejected by their host, more and more pieces of cable, motors, hydraulics and computer chips were pushed outwards as Kai could only overlook the situation, the whole thing was a mess as her flesh kept being regenerated and then punctured again by her own healing powers, the little blood she had draining from her quickly, but on the span of minutes Valerie was left lying in a heap of discarded machine parts, and some of her own blood, while her eyes opened.

"Are you ready for a fight again, Master?"

Kai reacted without thinking, simply kneeling down and pulling Valerie to him. His sorrow over what she would face now rivaled that of what he felt at Lily's abduction.

He was happy to See Valerie alive, and yet saddened by the circumstances. Her life would be one of servitude now, to him.

Even though she was nude he pulled her to him. "I'm so sorry Valerie."

In her mind she could see his memories, how he'd found out about the blade, what it did to it's bearers, and knew why he said what he did.

In her heart she could feel as he did, and knew it was the same for him.

In her soul, The Witchblade laughed. This was what she wanted, and now she would have to live with it.

Among Valerie`s first thing she noticed was the warmth of Kai`s body enveloping her, for the first time in months she felt safe in place, she felt truly belonging to a place, she snaked her arms around Kai, they were stronger with the witchblade fueling her now, pressing Kai onto her body she rested her head on his shoulder. "This is something I picked Kai, I was not forced by it, it offered me power to protect you, to be with you once again, I did this because I love you Kai, even if can`t make yourself to fully see me as a woman, it won`t stop making me love you."

Leaning back a bit, she could already know how Kai had reacted to her feelings, she knew he already knew her feelings, the bond of the witchblade making them almost into a single mind able to probe each other`s thoughts and memories. "I see you also have a...healthy imagination Kai, good to know Satoshi is not everything that occupies your mind." with a wide grin she continued "and it`s good to know I was among them too, not a bad thing to realize seeing the situation." Valerie moved in for the metaphorical kill by locking her hands behind`s Kai neck, and pressing her lips to his, seeking to relief the passion that had been kept in check inside her during her long pursue of the young captain-commander.

It all happened so fast it took everything he had to push her away, breaking her kiss, but not her embrace. "We can discuss all of that later Valerie. We need to get you dressed, others are likely on the way."

Reluctantly he got her to release him and get dressed, just as a security team showed up, lead by Captain Klang. "What happened Sir?"

The Princess and Skye have been taken prisoner, and Masane has been murdered. Call everyone together, I want a full command staff meeting in thirty."

She noticed Valerie. "I was told Valerie was.."

The Witchblade joined with her after Masane died, reviving her."

"I see. I'll have a team come and clean up here."

"Thank you Captain."

He looked to Valerie. "Come on, we need to go." He lead her out, taking her to her quarters. "Get dressed, properly. I can wait."

He seemed oblivious to the fact they were alone in her room.

Valerie looked over Kai as she held the recently removed hospital gown, Kai was looking the other way as the perfect gentleman he had always been, one of the many reason Val had fallen for him, turning to look at him something inside her brand new beating and very organic heart twinged just by looking at him.

Silently walking towards Kai, Val snaked her arms under his, pressing her body onto his, enjoying once again the feeling of warmth against her skin, inhaling the smell of Kai and listening to his beating heart, all of this were humans senses, not a computer on her brain telling her how it was supposed to feel.

"It is later now Kai" Val got on her tip toes, closing in towards his ear her pink lips almost pressing up to his earlobe. "Can we talk about it now? on our own, private time?" Valerie finished the sentence by biting playfully on his earlobe, her naked body still pressed against Kai, as her hands moved in small circles over his chest.

He didn't answer immediately, but part of him felt her in his mind, and he saw what she wanted.

Knowing there was no point in delaying this.

he turned around, his eyes closed still, his hands on her back He wouldn't make this easy on her.

"What is it Valerie, that you truly want from me?"

His voice was strong, his grip hadn't slackened, and he was sure of what she'd ask but hid most of his reaction to her.

Valerie leaned into his arms, enjoying the sensation of closeness and security "You know what I want Kai Amaha, just as much as I know what you want. But if you truly want me to voice it out." Valerie kissed him on the lips tenderly. "I to be with you, together, I`m a real girl now, I got real girl needs now." tracing a circle on his chest with one finger she tried on her best sexy voice "Would you be willing to help me with them?"

He looked at her, felt her desire, and knew she could force him. Only the command mantra, or attacking her could stop this, things he wasn't willing to do.

He nodded. "We don't have alot of time Valerie, but if this is your wish of me then I'll do it, and then we will go save the others, and you will do everything you can to bring them back to us."

He leaned down and kissed her nose, and stroked her long white hair. "what do you say."

Kai allowed Valerie to kiss him, returning it weakly. He didn't want this, but he knew this wasn't really Valerie, this was the witchblade, overruling all her inhibitions. If he didn't submit, she'd go berserk. She wasn't Masane, who had decades experience reigning in the powerful urges.

Her hands worked down his sides, peeling away the layers of his kimono, tiny blades extending from her fingertips to draw blood, as She began to transform instinctively. Her nude form pressed against his, and he was having trouble keeping his wits about him.

Masane had called it Sympathy, and he felt it now with Val, as they attuned to the same wavelength. She placed his hands where she wanted them, grabbing her rump and on breast, as she kissed his chest working her way down.

Things were going so fast, and Val found her prize, suprising her with it's size, but she didn't care. She would be his now, and he would be hers, at least for a brief moment. She was fully in her witchblade form now, and Kai knew how dangerous this was.

Just then the door opened, Signalling a Captain. Captain Klang was suprised by what she saw, but nothing more. "I can come back Captain."

Too late she realized the dangerous look in Valerie's eyes, and a tendril of razor edeged hair shot towards her. "Computer emergency Close!"

The armored door closed, and the tendril still penetrated it stopping an inch from Klan's head.

"Stop it now. We have to go." He lurched to the side, throwing Valerie off of him and onto his bed. He was already moving to get dressed.

Outside Klan waited discreetly, knowing something was going on, but knowing the circle needed to be kept small.

Valerie almost growled, at the interruption of what she was quickly finding to be a new favored activity.

"But...Kai..." she tried her best puppy eyes on the young captain-commander, not that it would make much of a difference, he had put on his serious face and that usually meant he closed off his mind to pretty much anything else. Cursing her luck, and possibly her companions on getting captured.

"Forget it." Valerie`s nails grew into large sharpened claws that sparked as she dragged them down the wall near the bed where was sitting, "I will get Takashi for this, and Hizashi, and every damn last one of them." picking up her clothing from where she left it and getting dressed quickly in the pants of a battle suit with a white tank top undershirt, she started moving towards the door "...but first, I gotta talk to Klang about entering my room without knocking first." she opens the door and walks right out.

The witch blade was a primeval force of passion, it joined with a human host and intensified all of their feelings several times over, how Masane kept her cool will forever amaze Valerie de Quebedo, the new Witch blade on the service of Satoshi Industries Captain Commander, Kai Amaha.

Right now, the witch blade was entertained by fanning the fires inside of Valerie´s head, right now anger was clouding her better judgement for a moment, all of it directed at the petite form of Captain Klang.

As soon as Kai was out of sight, a clawed hand shot in front of Captain Klang, "I would appreciate if you, at least KNOCKED when you want to go inside my room Captain, certain...situations, could be happening that its better nobody else is to be privy to." Valerie looked into Klan´s visage, as a captain of a Satoshi division she had seen more than her share of combat and looked unfazed.

"Valerie, I understand your need for privacy in such situations, but unfortunetly Kai is a very important part of our operation, we need him to be available, and if this means we have to interrupt you, as much as it would pain me, so be it."

Valerie looked directly at the eyes of Captain Klan, and burst into tears instantly. "It took me forever to get there Klan, I...I don´t think he would ever go for it again." Valerie leaned on the surprised Captain and sobbed for a bit, hoping nobody would see her, after regaining her composure he fixed her face slightly. "Let´s...lets keep this between you, me and Captain Hoshino, she probably already saw on a camera hidden somewhere." breathing a sight of relief, the maelstrom that was Valerie´s head cleared up slightly, the witchblade more under control now. "Shall we go to the meeting now?"

• 2 weeks later...

Valerie followed the Captain, all the while wondering just how she kept dancing around in Satoshi without actually entering their hierarchy at all. "Captain, just wondering. As the official Servant of the Captain Commander, does the Witchblade enters the Satoshi hierarchy?"

Valerie walked besides the petite Captain "Always made me wonder, never had the chance to ask Masane. Figure I have no actual authority but I want to know whose orders I can disregard without getting into trouble." Valerie`s grin was an authentic shark grin rarely seen outside of battle on her face.

"You are the personal Servant of our Head Captain, Essentially his head bodyguard. In matters of his safety, none overrule you, from my understanding."

"Generally we won't order you to do much, but we may ask for you to do certain things. If it conflicts with your mission to protect Kai, then you are free to fulfill your primary focus." klan nodded. "It's really that simple."

• 2 weeks later...

They arrived at the meeting room, still waiting on Sakura and Kazuo, once Sakura arrived, Kai waited another five minutes, then sighed.

"You all may or may not know this, but the Princess and Skye were abducted from the ship not an hour ago. Masane was slain, and Valerie would be dead as well, were it not for the witchblade."

He looked at them, "We are going to get them back, I want our options, now."

Francis bit down roughly on his lip as he heard the news. This was something he'd had to hear before, but the surprise and shock was never good. Touching his lip to feel drawn blood, he commented "At least we don't have to ask who. The first question is: How are we going to find them or is that taken care of?"

Francis slightly smiled, though there was little joy in it. "You have someone whose job is getting into places he's not supposed to be." Spreading his hands, it was technically a comment on how he'd arrived and become known to Satoshi.

"We need a small but mobile team, plus a fast ship. The name of the game is infiltration. We get in, get the girls, then return to the ship and run like there's no tomorrow. I assume you've got an idea of how their planetary defensive and detection systems work?"

Archived