Aberrant RPG - Weirdest Campaign Event

metaphysician

Generally speaking, if its out of left field, surreal, or otherwise bizarre and unlike the rest of the game, but nonetheless actually makes sense within its own context, it counts.

For example, if I had to pick one for Ancient Aberrant, it would be when the party ended up in an extra-dimensional performance hall, watching 'Ancient Aberrant, the Musical.'

Heh. We had a similar interlude in Trans-D. A Nova named the Diva had gained Taint Insanity revoving around gloabal area effect mind control making the whole world go about their activities while singing as if in a musical while somehow feeding off it.

Hmm...

"I'm just saying it's better to have a bomb out on the driveway than to not have a bomb out on the driveway."

"This business of shipping in large barrells of money has got to stop!."

(Non Abby Live RP game where a PC pulls out a card. The card is supposed to give a description of the power he is using, usually on the person reading the card. Reading the card I see it says, "Yes, he really can do that."

Let's see...When an PC Abby found out that Eufiber can change into any kind of clothing, so he ran around with nothing but a pirate hat and a bow tie for a session. Or how about when the same abbie, dressed as a pirate, made a determined effort to steal a NPC teleporter's coffee pot? While they were in space....

FR

Let's see...When an PC Abby found out that Eufiber can change into any kind of clothing, so he ran around with nothing but a pirate hat and a bow tie for a session. Or how about when the same abbie, dressed as a pirate, made a determined effort to steal a NPC teleporter's coffee pot? While they were in space....

FR

You know, stupid question time. . . but what happens to Eufiber's protection if its not actually covering where your attacked?

You know, stupid question time. . . but what happens to Eufiber's protection if its not actually covering where your attacked?
Rules say you still get the soak. Keep in mind for Eufiber to give that much soak by it's toughness, it'd have to be made of steel or advanced (and thick) plastic.

Its not that the Eufiber has such a strong material strength as it channels quantum and is attuned to the wearers signature. So you might think of it as a poor man's force field. (And by "poor" Im refering to its cost in background points since IC its mad expensive).

Let me think, any other really weird events. . .

In another part of Ancient Aberrant, we visited what amounts to Death, to see if he could help us get home. Didn't end up taking his offer, though.

In an unrelated campaign I run, one of my PCs was confronted by a secret mystic group ( think Watcher's Council ) about another PC, and responded by. . . bodily lifting their secret mansion headquarters and flying it from Europe to the US, so that they could have a face to face meeting with the other PC and ( hopefully ) talk out their problems. I *totally* didn't forsee that one.

Hmm.

Meeting a group of ancient (we're talking pre-Egyptian age) novas, who have (among other things) hidden bases all over the world, and on the moon, who warn our group about a coming alien threat. We have a few misadventures with them (as they're all powerful enough to toss us around in any arena). Then ...

It's suddenly, what ancient novas? They completely drop out of the plot, and the focus of the campaign shifts to stopping terrorists and supporting the Teragen nova-breeding program. ::confused

For my Trans-D'ers, the mapping device was borrowed from those guys, though the background of it changed completely to be alien, not nova-gadgetry, technology. And since we never, ever saw the aliens (though I think they were meant to be the Coalition) ... ::ultracool

Either that, or later in the same campaign, meeting a nova, trapped in an alternate dimension, named Merlin. Who offered the party great increases in their power, if only they'd go out and ritually sacrifice baselines in the middle of the street while loudly proclaiming his name. ::rolleyes

Either that, or later in the same campaign, meeting a nova, trapped in an alternate dimension, named Merlin. Who offered the party great increases in their power, if only they'd go out and ritually sacrifice baselines in the middle of the street while loudly proclaiming his name. ::rolleyes
Did you have any takers?

Did you have any takers?
Not exactly. One person wanted to switch PCs not too long after that, and his Mega-Stam 5 / Homonculus 5 / Clone 1 / all-mental-Taint 7 PC then became an NPC serial killer, who we never had the opportunity to hunt down and deliver the final death to. It was a tad frustrating, because we were taking bets on what would finally kill him, since he had been knocked into Incapacitated/Almost Dead by bullets, explosions, falling out of a plane, leaping off a bridge to land on a boat, drinking a Geryon Killer ("You didn't have a pulse for twenty minutes! You lost!" "I got better! I won the bet!"), as well as a couple of humorous interludes where he accidentally left body parts behind. Personally, I was betting on my Agg Mental Blast, but our party leader wanted to wait until his second Chrysalis when he hit Q8/Q-Supremacy and make him back into a baseline again.

Ah, the PCs in that campaign were what made it worth playing. ::happy

Archived