Human Centipede - Don't open this if are squeemish

Matt

The%20Human%20Centipede%20-%20Final%20Po I saw the footage are the bottom of this post a few months ago. It may appeal to people that like Miike or old school Cronenberg.

The reason that I am posting it however has to do with another show. I was working on my laptop laptop while my wife watched the real housewives of some big fucking city. I didn't watch any of it but just listening to it while I worked gave me a huge headache. After the show was over I asked my wife to never ever watch that while I am in the room. I tried to think of something gross to compare it to so that she would understand my disgust... The Human Centipede was the first thing that came to mind. So I told her to let me know when a crazy doctor turned them into a human centipede and I would give it a second chance but until then to keep it the hell away from me.

If you are a sick and disturbed individual, then by all means watch the real housewives. If you like horror movies watch the scenes below.

post-11-131291463247_thumb.jpg

I just read up on this.

Frakking disturbing in ways I shudder to contemplate. I'm not really sure how this is 100% medically accurate despite having a surgeon as one of the consultants. Regardless of that, I want to vomit just reading the concept of it all.

Wow.

Yeah, read the plot synopsis last night. I think my own gross-meter was tripped pretty thoroughly. There's something about the specifics of the procedure- horrible enough to violate every sensibility I have, not compelling enough that I still feel the need to watch anyway.

Everything you ever see/experience is stored in your brain somewhere even if you can't consciously recall it (according to some scientists/psychologists). This movie is not something I want rolling around in the back of my brain for the rest of my life. I'll pass. sick

No dice... you guys are getting a full ass-to-mouth review in all its gory... I mean glory. In big bold letters, with charts, diagrams, how-to instructions, maybe even some home video...

Why? Because I love you guys soooooo much I wanna go the extra mile for you!

What's worse than me being squicked seriously out by this whole concept? Is me discussing all of the medical reasons that this whole idea wouldn't work with my friends in the medical field...

And figuring out ways in which it might be possible.

I'm so pathetic.

At least the real-life way of doing it would be so much trouble, it would hardly be worth the effort.

I'd just like to point out that this movie thread has had created more discussion than Iron Man 2, Tron 2 or Scott Pilgrim. And I'll guess that at least 2 out of the 3 will be well liked by the people on this site. The Human Centipede doesn't have a briefcase armor, but it does have something that inspires discussion. It may not be a good movie, but at least I don't think it will be a movie that you'll be able to say you have seen before like so much other crap that we get spoon-fed because some other genre picture did well.

I totally get that this movie will not appeal to most people. As my original post indicated, I only posted it because I was pissed that a show like the real housewives exists. I think I have Valerie's hatred for THC for that reality show.

It's a horror movie, the whole point of a horror movie is to push the envelope of gross and see if they can make you go 'ewww'.

People haven't even seen this one and it's already done that. I'd say it one hell of a good movie already. It's certainly done its job. smile

Originally Posted By: Dave ST
It's a horror movie, the whole point of a horror movie is to push the envelope of gross and see if they can make you go 'ewww'.

People haven't even seen this one and it's already done that. I'd say it one hell of a good movie already. It's certainly done its job. smile

I dunno about that. I'd say that it's the mere premise of the film, one that cannot be supported by fact yet so horrifying in concept, that is sparking the discussion. It could be an absolutely horrible film but with a premise that pushes the envelope of you what can stomach.

Is the premise of the movie really that out there? It may be for a movie, but I don't think it is for a RPG. I've probably done things in my games that are just as disgusting. I guess the only shocking thing to me is that it is a 2 million dollar movie. I would love to see a documentary about the guys getting financing and pitching the movie.

That depends on why it is being done. If the point is to humiliate and kill the people involved then no,it isn't. If the point is to create a living, sustainable organism then yes, it is pretty impossible. The doctor in the film seems to be shooting for the latter and not the former, which hurts the premise.

I guess some people just take their movies much more seriously than I do. I haven't seen the movie so I am not going to argue how realistic the concept actually is. Whether it is medically possibly wasn't my point, because for all I know the centipede experiment goes horribly wrong and doesn't work in the film. If you happen to read spoilers, please do not spoil it here to prove a point. I merely said that someone trying it isn't that far fetched for a RPG game.

Frankenstein is an incredibly stupid idea in reality. But the story is still amazing.

Hmm. I understand what you're saying, but I find it hard to equate the two.

Frankenstein was written at a time when science as we know it was still a young and vastly undiscovered field. Essentially magic tech. And the story told was about the arrogance of man in the face of this power we suddenly found ourselves able to wield, and the consequences when one did not respect it.

This film seems closer to something like HOSTEL. A fairly horrific idea that sounds intriguing with the added dare of can you stomach to actually see it up close and personal.

This kind of idea tends to work better in an RPG because in an RPG we gloss over EVERYTHING. It's like a character who has feline ears and a feline tail because the Fleshcraft and Bonecraft technique of Vicissitude allows them to have it. It doesn't matter that Fleshcraft and Bonecraft cannot actually CREATE flesh or bone, only alter what already exists, so the bones in that tail actually had to be taken from somewhere within the body. Some part of the body is weaker for having lost the bones that currently make up the tail, some part of the flesh is thinner and the muscles sacrificed from somewhere else because it had to be reshaped to create something that wasn't previously there.

But that is glossed over, and never given any thought, because that complicates an idea that someone wants to run with while ignoring the consequences.

• 1 year later...

Archived