Aberrant RPG - Who is the colony?

Any ideas on the name being used by the colony during the abberant timeline?

I think it might be N'dolu Nyala ("The power Monger") p22 of XWF.

he has the power to give baselines nova abilities - could these be the sub-abberants for which he is famed? confused.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ranger:
Thats a power listed in the Teragen book, the name escapes me. The most common line of thought says that the Colony has some connection with or is the guy who created Eufiber...buendida or something like that. Haven't heard anything else.

If you're still interested, there are more references to the Colony in the Trinity timeline. In the new Trinity core book, there is a plot synopsis that describes the Colony as "a rival to Divis Mal" who decide to take back the Earth, starting with her extrasolar settlements. I don't know how they figure in the Aberrant timeline, however.

• 1 month later...

Given how much the Trinity-era Aberrants seem to resemble the Harvesters of the Teragen, and given his powers...it could possibly be Zia (The Apothecary)...

The reference to Mal's rival could refer to The Apostle who is likely to turn on him after his next chrysalis.

Just an idea.

• 2 years later...

I realise this is an ancient topic, but I was scanning through the old threads and this one caught my eye. smile

Buendida, the Nova responsible for the entire world supply of eufibre seems to be the most likely pre-Trinity identity for this Colony character. I recall a page in the Directive book where they specifically mention him as an independant they're monitoring.

Picture this. It's the end of the Aberrant War and China have just announced their nuclear ultimatum to the world. A taint-crazed Buendida reaches out with his mind to every fragment of eufibre on the planet and orders it to worm it's way into it's owners nervous system (eufibre can link cyberkines to the Opnet so a nervous system shouldn't be too hard). Silently hundreds of Novas unable to shake off the control rendevous at a pre-chosen point using dominated warp-gaters and leave for the stars.

It's the Borg, Aeon Continuum-style!

Just a thought. The above thread seems to indicate it's been thought of before, anyone know if something similar is canon?

There (delibrately) is nothing decided in Cannon. Bruce was asked and he claimed that in his head the Colony was a no name nova who lucked out (personally I don't especially like that definition).

Buendida is (IMHO) one of the two leading candidates. Especially since the Colony looks like a spider and B spins something like spidersilk.

The other leading candidate would be that Teragen Taint Mistress (in India). She can alter/decrease/increase(?) taint and that seems to be one of the Colony's powers. She also is a contemporary of Divis and has a business (I think those are the two real clues we have).

Other good choices:

1) Those Nova Satin worshiping idiots (collectively). (Reign of Evil dot com).

2) A nova PC (talk about a dark fate).

There have been a few other proposed options but I don't recall them off hand.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bastian:
Could someone explain this to me?
Divis' arms.
The Unconquered Son.
The Colony and who is is supposed to be.

I would also point out that most of the eufiber is not Buenida made, but manufactured by Triton.
Divis' arms ... a long running series of threads that ran in the WW forums after the Teragen book came out. First thread was "Divis is Gay WTF?!?!" and so the inevitable follow up thread was "Divis has Arms WTF?!?!?"

The others I don't know.

And as for Eufiber ... while it is true that Trition makes a lot of artificial Eufiber only the Buenida originals hold quantum and can be used by novas with the Eufiber background. The artificial stuff works great for communication fiber but simply doesn't have all the abilities of the stuff that comes out of Buenida's body.

No, you are wrong on two counts. Exalted is not WOD's past, and Divis Mal, can be the Unconquered Son.I am not saying he is, but the fact of themater is that Divis mall can make universes...So he made the Exalted world, and is the Unconquered Son.

That is if you think that Divis Mal is the Unconquered Son.I willl let people make up their own minds about it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandy Davis:
MANY PEOPLE IN WHITE WOLF, have said that EXalted and WOD are not the same world!
Hey, how about we calm down here? No need for shouting. I remember the advertising when Exalted came out. Along the lines of 'Before the world was dark' or something. It was stated as being that Exalted was the WOD. If they've backpedaled on that, fine. I don't follow WOD.

If someone wants for Divas to be this unconqured guy in their game, fine. It's not canon, but fine. You get to do that kind of stuff in games that you run. But arguing what the canon is would be something different.

If you want to be entirely technical, there are links between the World of Darkness and the Age of Sorrows. These links can be exploited by the ST if they wish to create a continuity between the two systems. But WW have generally stated that "It's only the case if you want it to be so, we've left it so the ST can make up their mind about it).

Such links are not present between the World of Darkness and the Aeonverse, or the Æonverse and the Age of Sorrows. The Æonverse is quite literally in a little pocket world of it's own, well away from WW's fantasy settings. This is done for the very good reason that the Æonverse is supposed to be a sci-fi setting, not a fantasy setting.

Of course, should you wish Divis Mal to become the Unconquered Sun, feel free. Should probably point that that means Divis no longer appears on Earth anymore in person...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Craft:
I think a developer actually said that Mal created a universe and went there after the Aberrant War - effectively removing him from Trinity. Can't remember who, though, and I don't see any particular reason to connect that with Exalted.
Bruce Baugh stated that if he had continued to be involved that Kraig Blackwelder did want for Mal to create a universe and take all of his good buddies with him. The name of that universe was never stated, and that was never actually developed. It was only a thought by Blackwelder before he gave up on Aberrant.

WW stated during the press conf for Time of Judgement at Gencon in Indy over the summer that Exalted in no way shape or form related to the WOD. But the golden rule is always an override.

There is always a way to link aberrant and WOD heck even by the rules. Can anyone say Crosstime Caper? wink

All you need is a dragon powered train. A little robot head that can jump between realities and a cosmic force of nature to power it. Uhm...

Or just an aberrant who can do all that on his own I guess.

Or a Transdimensional Collapsitron...

I jokingly said to my Players that, as soon as vampires and werewolves start showing up in my game, they should assume I've run out of metaplot to use. Heh.

I haven't a great deal of experience with Exalted. But the whole thing looks much more WOD related from the various reviews of the supplements I've read on rpg.com. Has WW done a big aboutface here, I do recall the ads saying "Before the flood, before the Sundering, before the Impergium...etc".

Exalted really is quite different in style than WOD, but I think there are some intended connections. You can choose not to connect the two (particularly considering that the two games are so widely separated in time that to do so probably wouldn't affect your world at all), but doing so is not necessary.

A few examples of correspondences (these are limited, as I don't really keep up with Exalted):

The Scarlet Empress appears to 'engaged' to...some Yozi or something. Can't remember. Point is, the Scarlet Empress and her fiance are both major figures in the cosmology of Kindred of the East.

Autocthon. A pretty obvious connection to the machine mind that runs Iteration X from a place called...Autocthonia.

I seem to recall an entity in the histories of both Exalted and Wraith...Gorol was it? Vague, that.

There's more, but as I said: I don't really follow Exalted. That, and I'm doing this entirely from memory.

Archived