Adventure! RPG - Full Vampire-Hunter Alchemist

Bahamut810

Alright...I am making a Vampire Hunter Alchemist character (for a WoD game). There are a Few questions I have about all this though...

1. You get everything about R&D time and what you can start play having made (at the cost of temp Inspiration). How many plans (something you need per the rules) can you start with though? I dont recall seeing that anywhere.

2. Can you cross-matchs advancements? Lets say I make a Quick Draw/Fire pistol, can I add Init to it (per the chemical rules)? Would it have the same R&D time? I think I already know the answer to this (Yes on all counts), but I wanted to get other peoples opinions on this.

3. What bonus/penalties would apply to an Inspired Daredevil who entered a Staredown with a WoD Werewolf? I know that (because they are inspired) that the normal human Hystaria probably wouldent hit them, but do you think that a daredevil (or a Psychic or Stalwart) would have any penalties to staring down a werewolf in Chrinos form?

I am sure that as I get further along the cahracter creation process I will have more questions...but I will cross that when I get there.

What does this have to do with Adventure?
3. What bonus/penalties would apply to an Inspired Daredevil who entered a Staredown with a WoD Werewolf?
I think this is why. ::tongue
1. You get everything about R&D time and what you can start play having made (at the cost of temp Inspiration). How many plans (something you need per the rules) can you start with though? I dont recall seeing that anywhere.
As per the rules, you either start with the gadget (and hence, the plans for it), or you don't (and hence, no plans). The design phase costs less money but it takes up about 3/4 of the time IIRC. As a ST, I'd be really leery of letting someone start with plans for gadgets, but not the gadget itself.
2. Can you cross-matchs advancements? Lets say I make a Quick Draw/Fire pistol, can I add Init to it (per the chemical rules)? Would it have the same R&D time? I think I already know the answer to this (Yes on all counts), but I wanted to get other peoples opinions on this.
I would say conditionally yes; I'd have to see the actual character as well as the advancements for the gadget in question, but I can't see too many situations where that would be a problem.
3. What bonus/penalties would apply to an Inspired Daredevil who entered a Staredown with a WoD Werewolf? I know that (because they are inspired) that the normal human Hystaria probably wouldent hit them, but do you think that a daredevil (or a Psychic or Stalwart) would have any penalties to staring down a werewolf in Chrinos form?
As I know nothing about werewolves (and next to nothing about WoD in general) I cannot answer this.

Yes, this is for an inspired daredevil character. I was just hoping to get some imput.

As per the rules, you either start with the gadget (and hence, the plans for it), or you don't (and hence, no plans). The design phase costs less money but it takes up about 3/4 of the time IIRC. As a ST, I'd be really leery of letting someone start with plans for gadgets, but not the gadget itself.

But what if you come from somewhere where you would typically have more then one plan with no gadget (an advancement or innovation)? An Alchemist coming from a long line of them should have more then a few plans.

Mabey the Inspiration cost to have an advanced/innovated item is also the cost for having plans?

Archived