Aberrant RPG - Quantum Vampire: Health Levels

BlueNinja

Interesting...I think your solution is a bit more elegant than mine actually...but still not what i was thinking of...

One thing...I guess it wouldnt matter if you can't burn excess health levels for Q points so long as you could heal the agg damage you were doing to yourself...

but then you would be damaged and would have to use the health to heal you..so it would create a round robin...

I also dont like the idea of limiting it by node since Node gives you taint at lower levels than say...Quantum...

So say you have Q5 and can heal 5 levels...say you are down 5 bashing...you could heal by vamping someone, spending 8 quantum to do so (3 to activate the now L3 power with the extra)...

Now you are full but just spent your last quantum...so you burn 2 of your own health levels (doing what is effectively 2 Agg.) This only gives you 4 Quantum...only enough to vamp someone and heal 1 level of bashing.

So you are screwed.

See, even limiting it to quantum levels doesnt work. In order for it to be effective in the way that I wanted (again, to use quantum vampire to act as a type of life-force quantum leech) you would neeed to limit it by node but only with the standard limit of how much quantum your node can channel (Which is how absorbtion works and why I chose that for my version...)

OR How about this....this is what I really wanted distilled to its most pure form...

Extra for Quantum leech: Vampiric (or possibly Affects Baselines).

This extra works mechanically within the setting by the same mechanic that Vampiric Eufiber uses when a Nova cannot fullfill its quantum hunger....

System:

A Nova who has drained another Nova of all their quantum using quantum leech may continue to take quantum levels from the Novas health at a rate of 1 quantum per health level until the target is dead. At this point, the target resists with willpower or resistance (as per Quantum vampire), reflexively even if unconcious. Resisting with Resistance is not an option against just a quantum drain. Unlike Vampiric Eufiber However, this is only normal damage. IE it would do bashing levels before doing lethal.

Baselines of course have no quantum, in which case this power goes straight for their health levels.

Frankly, Q-Regen is kind of useless. If you need quantum *now*, it doesn't help. And if you just need to recover more quantum on the longer scale, any character can do so with Stamina + Node.

agreed...Now that you mention it thats why I was trying to find another cooler way...Q-regen sucks (not to mention requires willpower!) and q-leech only works on Novas...

IMO you're better off to go with the Merit or Meditation abilities (or, heck, both!) than to put points into the Quantum Recovery power. Even though dropping just two temp Willpower for getting 4x the recovery can be extremely useful during an extended chase.

Though I was just rereading the sidebar about how the canon powers are just guidlines and we should feel free to alter them or make up new ones as we see fit.

Its just a matter of convincing the ST...

That implies a heck of a lot of regeneration potential.

Ive always thought that the juice levels were a bit low as standard. I was quite pleased when Narrator over at Baalt gave us a quantum pool boost of like 80 some-odd points free of charge!!! ::thumbup

Archived