Aberrant RPG - Elemental Anima: Movement

Weft

And note that this can still be turned to a players advantage. For example someone could buy DD2, Forcefield, and Disin pretty cheaply. Yes, the Disin would do half damage, but that's still a lot of AGG which isn't soaked anyway. The Forcefield's effectiveness (as well as the rest of his soak) is massively pumped. You could even put a couple of weakness on the Disin and make it burning or RQC.
See Alex, this is why, even though I sometimes disagree with you about some of your ideas (such as the DD thing), I still have enormous respect for your thinking. That is a really good idea! And not one I ever actually considered before. Good show! ::cool

I still totally disagree with you about DD 3 and up, but man that DD 2+FF idea is brilliant! ::sly

For example..you can blow a fire out with your breath true...but *everything* is energy...
It isn't the energy in my breath that stops the fire, it's the physical matter. Similarly in RL a high intensity nuclear reation (i.e. a nuke reactor) can be easily halted by putting a physical object into the middle of it (lead is usually a good choice). Matter reacts with energy just as energy interacts with matter.
...what we are really talking about is desolidification.
Sure we are. And in nature, things that are desolid don't also behave like solid objects. For example neutrinoes, they fly through everything, and that's both their strength and their weakness as they don't interact with anything.

For a comic book example, if the wind is moving fast enough that it has the force of a solid object (tornadoe), then heroes can treat it like solid objects (i.e. superman can break it apart).

...Other games like Champions have (albeit costly) extras to atack while desolid.
Yes they do, and if Abby had gone on long enough I fully expect that we would have seen an extra to attack while desolid... but if such a thing existed I expect the reverse would have also existed, i.e. an extra to allow powers to work normally on the desolid.

And with Powermaxes being what they are, I'm not sure the DD players would have been stronger for it.

In other words...it *should* read physical attacks, not just attacks.
An interesting part of this discussion has been that no one is claiming game balance would have been served better if DD3+ could attack solids.

On yet another side note, I'll point out Desolid characters *can* attack solid characters under the normal rules. The aspfixiation (sp) attack allows that and shows what the game designers viewed as being balanced.

As for the wind elemental, if you are so desolid that no physical object can touch or interact with you... how is it that you are also so solid that you can throw the equiv of mortar shells at people? See also my superman example above.

See Alex, this is why, even though I sometimes disagree with you about some of your ideas (such as the DD thing), I still have enormous respect for your thinking. That is a really good idea! And not one I ever actually considered before. Good show! ::cool

I still totally disagree with you about DD 3 and up, but man that DD 2+FF idea is brilliant! ::sly

Thank you. ::blush

When I think about it you might as well put DD2 and FF in a bodymorph. And as long we are building a DD character the other big maneuver to consider would be the Asphyxiation Attack, which is pretty deadly in combo with Mega-Strength. And if we are going to get Mega-Strength, then we might as well put a dot of Growth in the BM.

Speaking of which, when I read Asphyxiation (page 246), once again it says that nova attacks when DD normally can't function at full effect. ::devil

Sorry...when I said Wind Elemental I meant "Air" Elemental. One whose body is just air, such that a punch, bullet might whif through, but can still create q-bolt level wind gusts. Of course such a character would be immune to all physical attacks but vulnerable to being burned up by fire, lasers, electricity etc. This is pretty much the perfect example of why DD needs an overhaul or a tleast a house rule. In BNs case, it would seem he has already spoken...

Archived