Trinity RPG - Trinity Stalwarts

jsnead

I've only given it a light looking-over but it all looks pretty good to me. I wonder how you'll handle the Dramatis Personae section? And if you want help doing it? I love making character histories.

Excellent! When can you start? ::thumbup ::thumbup ::thumbup

Dramatis Personae is one of the sections that I have been mulling over a bit. My initial thoughts were to include a bit of stuff on Max Mercer and Jake "Danger Ace/Jake Danger, Aberrant Hunter" Stefokowski. Just something vague that suggests a lot but doesn't actually say anything definitive.

I was also planning on putting some stuff on the President (from Luna Rising): My thoughts were that she is almost certainly Inspired (probably an Exemplar from the way that she has been able to avoid Clairsentient and Telepathic identification and scrutiny). Probably Inspired in the last 20 years or so (so not a holdover from the 1920's but rather one of the "natural" Inspired that crop up from time to time).

Since Mercer, Stefakowski and the President are all canon characters, I think it's bext to keep things nice and vague, and short!, with lots of gossip and hearsay, rather than firm character histories.

New characters are a different matter. I was thinking of a sort of Rogue's Gallery similar to the one found in the back of the Adventure! rulebook. Similar format; description of the their history and goals and a loose description of their power level (noteable knacks, Backgrounds and the like). I already have two characters I have adapted from my long-term Adventure!-Aberrant-Trinity campaign, but another four or five would round it out nicely. Preferably a mix of character types (at least one from each Inspired type; my characters are an Exemplar and Optimal respectively) and character backgrounds.

At the moment I'm working on trying to create some artwork to put throughout the book to break up the large amounts of text a bit. So if you can produce a few NPC characters that would be great. If you can weave their backgrounds into the recent canon history (such as the events through Descent into Darkness, Passage through Shadow, Ascent into Light and the Invasion series... and Process 418 of course) that would be even better. Ideally the more subtle, the better (Psions are the heroes of the 2120's afterall... but the Inspired make excellent supporting characters).

JC

Trinity: Awaiting Inspiration

Re: Danger Ace

I've always been baffled by Danger Ace and Jake Danger. Are they the same person? In Trinity Field Report: Media it says he's just a character in a holo series, played by an actor (Ellis Anson I think it was?). And the wording in Stefokowski's Adventure! profile is so vague it could be translated two ways: that Stefokowski is going by the name Jake Danger and is still alive by Trinity, or that his memory lives on in the Danger Ace character who is based on him.

Re: The President

In Luna Rising's Dramatis Personae section, it says she's a "neutral human of disturbing genius" Are we sure she's something other than neutral? But I do agree that if she is anything, it would be exemplar/daredevil. And when Luna Rising was printed, Adventure! hadn't been released so the writers had no reason to mention anything related to it. I wouldn't mind giving a little more background and explanation for her either. Nothing too specific of course; with major characters like her, you need to be vague and leave room for Storytellers.

Haha, I'm working on three Trinity e-books now ^_^

As for how soon I can help you out, I'm sorry to say my time is a little restricted these days. I do have a few hours each day that aren't spent sleeping or working, so I'm sure I can whip up some good stuff within a week. Maybe even some stuff besides characters, you know, like those little "OpMail" or "media report" sidebars.

Re: Danger Ace

I've always been baffled by Danger Ace and Jake Danger. Are they the same person? In Trinity Field Report: Media it says he's just a character in a holo series, played by an actor (Ellis Anson I think it was?). And the wording in Stefokowski's Adventure! profile is so vague it could be translated two ways: that Stefokowski is going by the name Jake Danger and is still alive by Trinity, or that his memory lives on in the Danger Ace character who is based on him.

It's weirder than that...Apparently, the person playing Danger Ace actually is Stefowkowski...but he's just an actor; he has no role in the writing...

FR

How do you know this?

...and how the hell is he still alive? Did Max drop him off at 2120 or something? Did he stumble upon Talon's miracle aging juice? I'm sure that whatever method has kept him at that age is the same thing that has kept Whitley alive by 2120. I'm thinking Max. But I'm not sure if Max has the power to affect others. I thought he could just move himself through time.

1) There is an ability that gives you a ridiculous amount of years. Combined with some basic super-science stasis, and it's very possible.
Level two Dynamic knack (for the Stalwarts) : age one year for every (Stamina x10) years that pass. And they take no damage from standard poisons and drugs.

It's actually better than nova Adaptability IMO ...

So yes, it's perfectly possible that he's still around - and as a founding member of the Aeon society, he's probably got a cipher of 6+ and at least one Identity of 4+.

Archived