Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - SuperGeek Enterprises: Exploration

BlueNinja

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Different question, and one I should have asked sooner.

Did Paul have the chance to rest up before we went through the gate?

If he's only down 7 juice, then he is probably willing to look around.

But if he's down 17 juice (with the strong possibility of another link in the near future), then resting has a much higher priority.

I'll go ahead and use 2 points of Mega Int to lower the difficulty a bit, and the rest for my dice pool to analyze the readings as accurately as possible

Brandt will help of course, he may not be as bright, but his specialties will help some, and he'll ace the math on it.

Different question, and one I should have asked sooner.

Did Paul have the chance to rest up before we went through the gate? 

If he's only down 7 juice, then he is probably willing to look around.

But if he's down 17 juice (with the strong possibility of another link in the near future), then resting has a much higher priority.

He had about half an hour between linking with Richard and heading through the gate. That means you regained a whole 2qp, putting him down 15. Resting isn't a bad idea. Even napping, Paul only regains 6qp/hour. As long as he's not using up quantum though, he can do anything not-hugely-physically-strenuous and regain that quantum.

"If you want you can go ahead and look.  I want to know what is behind the only locked door we have found in this vandalised place.  And keep an eye out for a broom."

There's actually two locked doors. Both on the 'right' wall from where you entered the lobby, mirrors of the two bathroom doors on the 'left' wall. They both open towards you, so short of a mega-strength kick, you'll have to find some other way to get them open, and a mega-strength kick risks damaging whatever is on the other side.

Within your range, that covers about a third of the base, they number in the thousands - within a half kilometer, at least a full thousand.

AHA! I will now say..."I TOLD YOU SO." ::tongue

I knew there was a good reason we hadn't seen any other signs of life nearby.

Jonathan ... links back to Paul:
OK, you just put your finger on a weakness of Psi-Link. In previous posts Paul was linked to Ash, thus your link was inactive (and not activateable from your end). We'll assume you beeped (see below) Paul and got him to change the link that way.

Other methods of communication:

1) All Novas have those radio/telephones. It's signal encrypted (meaning the signal is sent on several frequences at once and then merged back). This is more limited than the link for obvious reasons, but it's still an option and under the current conditions a good one.

To give you an idea of what's on the map ...

You're in the chapel. To the west of the chapel is a large grassy area, several dead trees, and some stands that contained old planes that had been decommissioned, sort of outdoor museum pieces. To the east of the chapel is a small building that would probably hold three classrooms; beyond that is a large parking lot, and then the officer barracks; beyond that is more parking, the officer's club, and then military housing. North of the chapel is a street (actually, a circle that encloses most of what I'm about to describe) and the base theater. The theater is part of a complex that forms a square, the middle section is open. The theater takes up most of the south side, with the barber shop behind it. The west side of the square is the appliance and furniture store, the uniform and tailer shop, the post office, a Subway sandwich shop, and a credit union at the NW corner. The north side is taken up by the NEX (think department store), with the bowling alley and bar/grill at the NE corner. The east side is a parking lot, with the commissary (grocery store) bordering the south of the parking lot, and the gas station taking up the furthest NE corner of the circle.

NE of the circle street is the enlisted club, and east of that is the hospital. The fallout shelter is somewhere in there. South of the enlisted club (on a straight line between the theater and the hospital) is the poll and start of the golf course. The mice that Paul first detected are in the galley, on the other side of the circle street to the north. The enlisted barracks are north and west of the galley; that's where most of the other mice are as well. The cockroaches have taken over every building inside the circle, and the bottom floors of some of the barracks and the enlisted club.

Sorry Ash, you said "as much as you need", so I'm going to leech you 3 times (18 juice). ::devil

With the resting I did, maybe that's enough to bring me up to full power, which seems a bit unfair on the face of it, but I'll maintain the weather manip for this scene and the next (call it 4 hours?) so I won't be getting any juice back for that interval.

How many scenes (i.e. maintenance costs) is that?
If you do nothing but sit there and focus on the weather, you'll be paying 3 and gaining 2 every scene. Technically, it only counts as one, since no one is going anywhere or doing anything other than sleeping and playing with the weather.

I already said you could see the mountains!  Which are 30-60 miles away on either side! ::blink

Soon as you decide where you're going first, and how, I'll tell you what you find ...

With as much dust as was out before, if there had been little bands of humans on the ground, we could have missed them pretty easy. Similarly we might be able to see colapsed buildings, really big monsters, and/or nuke explosion craters.

If it hadn't been raining last night I'd have suggested flying really high and looking for lights.

Wow! Just read BN's latest post. ::thumbup1

Those of you willing to get an image off the link are going to get an eyefull. I think the site is sucure enough to look for aliens. Better still, this sort of thing would have caused a radical change in technology development... granted, probably not for the better, but there is a chance.

Archived