Aberrant: Trans-Dimensional Explorations - SuperGeek Enterprises: Exploration

BlueNinja

Storm works pretty well.

Assume Int of 5 & 5 dice of WM, she averages 4 succ and can pay a point of willpower for a 5th, and maybe pull a powermax for 1.6 more.

Very seldom do we see her drop a monsoon on a desert. Thor on the other hand is supposed to be able to pull that sort of thing off hand, and for the most part he does (Mastery).

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For everyones knowledge this is everything I 'aquired' (dont ask how).

4x Long Handle 'Unbreakable' Flashlights

6x Multipurpose portable Tool Kit (Multitool)

6x packs of waterproof matches

2x Infrantry Shelters (6 man tents)

6x 1 man tents

6x bedrolls

6x large canteens

6x Plate/cup/untensil packs

6x Large Hunting knives

1x case of boxes of 'energy bars'

6x Watch w/ compass'

4x compass'

3x military style backpacks

1x case of baby wipes

6x pairs of gloves

1x case of socks

12x pairs of military issue boots (3 for each person, Black)

2x Small AM/FM Radio

1x Advanced scope (For my pleasure)

6x cases of MRE's

4x Water purification units

6x 100 ft lengths of nylon rope

6x Large hooks (for use with rope)

12x sets of BDU uniforms (Olive Drab, 3 sets for each person)

6x mini-tailor kits

2x tri-strap rifle strap

4x gas masks

2x crowbars

Weapons:

6x boxes of 9mm pistol rounds

6x boxes of .50 cal mag pistol rounds

12x boxes of 7.62mm rifle rounds

2x Hunting Rifles

2x Heavy pistols

I dont think you asked Michal about hte link, you asked the guy who showed us how to repare the thing, Reiller and Clair...

Then Clair gave you 'the talk'...

Claire leads Paul into the Armory, and through a small door that blends into the wall that leads to an office. "Paul, we're aware - well, sort of - how a psychic link works. Our friend Clio could do that too. She's a bit of a sore subject around Michal, so whatever you do, don't repeat too much of what we say around him." She glances back into the Armory, listening to the sounds of gunfire. "Go ahead and try the link with me, though I wonder if my experiences will make it a bit different for you." She takes off a stud earring just like the one Richard was wearing.

Here's Brandt's short equipment list...

Revolver, can fire .357 and .38 rounds.

Lever-action carbine(rifle), also can fire both .357 and .38 caliber rounds.

3 boxes each of .38 caliber and .357 rounds

SAK(swiss army knife)

Waterproof Matches, Lighter(Zippo), Magnesium Bar w/built-in striker Carton of Cigarettes(useful for trading as well)

Backpack(w/ hydration bladder), 1 liter Nalgene bottle

Camping cookset(small, self-contained)

Esbit stove with extra fuel tabs(this is a really cool stove, btw...link: http://www.esbit.de/)

Pocket Filtration System(water filter)

Pocket Binoculars

Compass, Topographical Map of California

Watch(automatic)

Headlamp flashlight(LED), 4 Chemlights(glowsticks)

Spare batteries

Bottle of antibacterial hand lotion/gel

Outdoor cross-training shoes

Combat boots(from Ash)

Toiletry kit(toothbrush, razor, deodorant, etc.)

Extra clothing(2 complete sets of clothes)

Baseball cap, boonie hat

Extensive First-Aid Kit

I think that's it for now. :)

Weapons:

6x boxes of 9mm pistol rounds

6x boxes of .50 cal mag pistol rounds

12x boxes of 7.62mm rifle rounds

2x Hunting Rifles

2x Heavy pistols

::confused

So we have ammo for guns we don't have? And shouldn't there be more guns?

On a side note, as we have 4x gas masks, does anyone other than Paul want to claim "Adaptability"?

Further, who wants to go through the gate first? Whoever it is should start with the mindlink, changing to Richard or Claire for testing purposes for when the gate closes.

In theory Paul could do it (Invisible) but as Team Healer and the guy with the mindlink he probably shouldn't.

::confused

So we have ammo for guns we don't have?  And shouldn't there be more guns?

On a side note, as we have 4x gas masks, does anyone other than Paul want to claim "Adaptability"?

Further, who wants to go through the gate first?  Whoever it is should start with the mindlink, changing to Richard or Claire for testing purposes for when the gate closes. 

In theory Paul could do it (Invisible) but as Team Healer and the guy with the mindlink he probably shouldn't.

If we've got anyone with a decent soak, they should be first through. Otherwise I'd suggest Brandt for his dodginess. And though it wasn't mentioned in-game(my fault), Brandt also has decent medical training.

As for ammo, I think Ash just got common ammo types for guns that he knew were available through the armory.

Brandt does NOT have Adaptability, so gas masks are a good idea for him, along with some serious SPF.

re: Michal or Richard?

That was my bad. I thought it was still Michal.

So we have ammo for guns we don't have? And shouldn't there be more guns?

Archer has it on the dot. Except for the 50 cal mags. Thoes are mine. No touchy!

Ash does...but IC didnt know if anyone else did. He figured it was a safe assumption that some did, but only got 1 'extra' (He was trying to get 2 extra of most things, but he didnt know about the new buddy)

Further, who wants to go through the gate first?

Ash will. He has a so~so soak and a 'danger sense' of sorts.

Ash will.  He has a so~so soak and a 'danger sense' of sorts.
Which might even help before you step through. Fair enough.

Next Question: Are we bringing a jeep or something like it? I'm going to assume "No"... which raises the next question, how is everyone for transport?

By my count we have one flier and one speedster who both have Attune 5.

For that matter, does anyone have enhanced senses, specifically Electromagnetic Vision (i.e. Telescopic Vision)? If anyone has that I could fly him up and we could do one heck of a 360'degree scan.

Brandt can do a quick looksee around. If you want farther, get some binoculars or a telescope. If you can take Ash up like that he will be able to tell if you are being watched as well as he looks around.

--Edit--

Excellent. That solves that then.

And ash can 'borrow' a local conveyance if its needed. Heck...Im sure we have enoguh people with decent ints and engineering scores in order to do that.

Doing this with Ash would be a speciality since with Invisibility the normal answer will be "no" even if someone is watching.  On the other hand, if we are sneaking into some place he'd be great at telling if we'd tripped something or been spotted.

If someone with Invisibility is trailing/spying on someone with That Creepy Feeling, then the watches nova will know that someone is on to him. But unless he beats the Awareness roll, he won't know where or who.

If someone with Invisibility is trailing/spying on someone with That Creepy Feeling, then the watches nova will know that someone is on to him.  But unless he beats the Awareness roll, he won't know where or who.
I meant the other way around. Paul and Ash would be invisible, so if someone is watching them then it's a problem and they know it's a problem.

Some of you might want to think about getting a handful of SAS Survival compasses to sew into your clothing. Remember, one dot south, two dots north.

Ranger Rick's Special Ops Survival Necklace might be helpful to some of you too. He makes a good point that after you've used up your 2 dozen matches, you're sorta stuck - Zippos are nice but the fuel evaporates fast - so you might want to go looking for a good butane lighter. 3,000 lights.

You might also want to check out how the Army's purifying water, but these Katadyn Micropur tablets might last longer.

But I like your kits. They're good, well-thought out.

How can someone watch them if they are invisable?
Exactly. Most creatures don't even get a roll unless they are actively looking (although the most common exception would be Bloodhound or Enhanced Sence of Smell). Thus it's a speciality.

Just for example we could be trying to break into a high tech building with high tech sensors. It'd be useful to know if we tripped one. Or we could be trying to scout out a high tech city or one with Supers.

It's not a situation that will come up normally.

Some of you might want to think about getting a handful of SAS Survival compasses to sew into your clothing. Remember, one dot south, two dots north.

Ranger Rick's Special Ops Survival Necklace might be helpful to some of you too. He makes a good point that after you've used up your 2 dozen matches, you're sorta stuck - Zippos are nice but the fuel evaporates fast - so you might want to go looking for a good butane lighter. 3,000 lights.

You might also want to check out how the Army's purifying water, but these Katadyn Micropur tablets might last longer.

But I like your kits. They're good, well-thought out.

Muahahaha...another survival gear-geek like me! Personally I prefer Doug Ritters PSK, but I'm trying to stay in tune with my character. Just because I know where to get hip survival outdoor doo-dads doesn't mean Brandt does.

Besides, didn't ya catch the magnesium bar/striker in my list? ::tongue And the Sparklite is the bizzomb too.

Oh, and as for water? Purifying tablets are good, tincture of iodine works well but tastes gross, filtration systems are expensive and bulky(mostly), but a rolling boil for 5 minutes or so works wonders. ::wink

If you check out Tadgear, they also have the SAS compass that fits in the Nalgene lid...spiffy. And their life-capsule is pretty slick too. Friggin' pricey tho.

Thanks for the compliments though. I'm fairly sure that IRL, at least one of our players was in the Army(or other branch), and the others have gone camping enough to know one end of a bear from the other end.

(Ok folks, I know a few of you are waiting on Archimedes to respond to questions, but just say when and I'll open the gate and send you all on your merry way.)

::idea Let him retroactively answer... let the gate open. ::thumbup1

...although it'd be nice if we waited in game an hour or two for Paul to recharge... grrr, last minute Psi-Links. ::glare

Thanks for the compliments though. I'm fairly sure that IRL, at least one of our players was in the Army(or other branch), and the others have gone camping enough to know one end of a bear from the other end.

Current US Navy electronics tech, and an Eagle scout. Though I admit it's been a while since I went camping. Waiting for my kids to get old enough to take them. ::smile

Sorry folks. Long couple of work days, as well as having to cram for an upcoming exam. :)

As for the list of gear, Archimedes will pretty much just point to another party member and say "I'll have what he's having." He knows a little about survival, but not enough that he doesn't anticipate forgetting something from a list of his own creation.

And of course a good pistol and a couple of clips for good measure.

Muahahaha...another survival gear-geek like me! Personally I prefer Doug Ritters PSK, but I'm trying to stay in tune with my character. Just because I know where to get hip survival outdoor doo-dads doesn't mean Brandt does.

::laugh Oh YEAH well you may not know this, but all of my characters are experts in trumpet performance and maintenance, and none of them have any idea why. ::tongue

You should all be perfectly safe where you are, says your double-botched Survival roll. ::devil (1,1,2,2,3,3 ... amazing)

That's no double botch, he's got three pair ::tongue

"With the way the dust is, we shoulden't leave *anyone* alone.  Its to easy to be suprised.  Especially since we dont know what is here.  For all we know Alternate-Michal made an army of super-robots who still patroll this area to eradicate all life."
Oh, you are so not winning any brownie points with the boss. ::laugh

Considering how long its taking him to go over what I asked him to...

Out of curiousity, how fast do you think he can cover SQUARE miles in dust so thick it impairs visibility? Even without the dust, he can only go so fast and still recognize what he's passing...and he'd rather avoid any sonic booms for now.

Is there a reason we're taking orders from Ash, or is he just taking the initiative with Mega-Charisma? I actually don't mind either way (although he is kinda annoying me right now ::tongue ) because I would far prefer to have an established leader than to have the kind of in-fighting we've had in other games, I'm just curious to know how Eli should take these orders.

Out of curiousity, how fast do you think he can cover SQUARE miles in dust so thick it impairs visibility? Even without the dust, he can only go so fast and still recognize what he's passing...and he'd rather avoid any sonic booms for now.
I'm estimating an hour if he's just looking for general signs of human life or civilization. You'd be able to see a house from 80-90 feet away, a person from 40-50 feet, a cat or dog from 10-20 feet. I'm assuming Brandt isn't running at more than 700-800 mph, so as long as they aren't straight in front of you *speed bump* it would be fairly easy to loop back at a slower speed to get more details.
Is there a reason we're taking orders from Ash, or is he just taking the initiative with Mega-Charisma? I actually don't mind either way (although he is kinda annoying me right now ::tongue ) because I would far prefer to have an established leader than to have the kind of in-fighting we've had in other games, I'm just curious to know how Eli should take these orders.
Without actually looking at everyone's character sheets, I think he does have the largest dice pool for Command, and I think he is also the only person with Mega-Charisma. That doesn't mean you have to take orders from him, but he is certainly the most convincing person in the group.

3 dots gives you a range of 6km. ::thumbup1

And (as usual) your extra dice and Mega-Dice will (I think) let you communicate a lot more effectively than Paul.

Just be careful not to summon *everything*. ::ohmy

The mouse/scout idea has some potential, especially in combo with Psi-Link.

And I hope *someone* has enough dots of science and/or Mega-Int to figure out the decay times. There's multiple factors, multiple rates, but someone who knew what they were doing might be able to figure it out. The only problem is I'm not sure we have enough information about what material is still around.

Archived