Harry Potter, and the Half Blood Prince

Bahamut810

I received mine in the morning post...

No queueing at midnight or other pointless pastimes...

I got out of my nice cosy bed after a long nights sleep, had a cup of coffee and some toast, then answered the door to the postie who handed it over - all in a nice leisurely manner....

Tesco are great at release date deliveries...I got Battlefield 2 on the release date too, and I only ordered it 2 days before!!!

Mail order...such an easy life.....

Hmm, alright then.

Overall, I'd say it's a better book than #5, but not as good as #4. It feels very much like "Part one of two!" which, to be fair, is how Rowling herself described it. ::biggrin and I'm quite surprised that not a single fanfiction I can think of had picked the reason Voldemort is immortal - though it's a big "duh" moment when it's said.

And now ... <spoiler> did anyone else think that the scene in the Astronomy Tower was a bit too reminiscent of Obi-Won in Ep 4?

Spoiler follows.

I continue to be impressed with Rowling's preparedness. I remember hearing that she had planned out the entire series long before she wrote anything down, over the course of her whole life. With the death of Dumbledore and Fawkes' leaving, she's pretty much cut off her best possibilities for a Deus ex Machina ending. I'm really looking forward to book 7 now.

Archived