Aberrant: In Pax We Trust - In Pax We Trust

ezekiel

Dialing quickly, Lynn takes a deep breath then lets it out. In a friendly but commanding voice, she begins immediately. "Nancy, It's Lynn. Yes, I know I'm late. There was an accident... NO, no. No fatalities. *sigh* Yes I'm sure I'm fine, but I may not be able to make it in.. You wouldn't believe me if I told you. *sigh* Because I fell apart and all the kings horses and all the kings men are going to put me back together again. Yah... I know I'm not making sense. Look, can you just call someone else in to work my shift? Tell them, I'll work a holiday for them. If.. if you see Wilson.. tell him I'll be at the PU building today, and I hope he's doing better. Thanks, Nancy, you're a peach." Clicking off, Lynn hisses through her teeth then hands the phone back. "Thank you."

Half smiling, she looks from Frank to Sten. ::rolleyes "Mr. No-name Roboto and I would like to imbibe a whiskey for medicinal purposes if you wouldn't mind." Carefully making her way towards the nearest door.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meet Joe Rock

Joe says,

"Well, other than the obvious,  I feel fine."

Alice's hand hovers next to his arm, trembling. She taps his arm with her open hand and pulls back immediately, as if burned by the contact. She then taps the arm repeatedly and breaks out in tears as she grasps Joe around the waist and holds on to him, wailing.  ::smiley4

"Oh...Joe!"

"Shhh, there there, it will all be all right honey."

Joe makes meaningless noises to his love for several moments and resists the urge to hug her. Then he really, really tries to shift human. He remembers what it was like to be flesh, to need to breath, and tries to be that again.

Slag purses his lips

"Good...You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer any questions. Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law."

Nearby police officers walk up to the doctor and grab him by the arms, placing handcuffs on his wrists.

"As we discuss this matter, you have a right to stop answering my questions at any time you desire. You have a right to a lawyer before speaking to me, to remain silent until you can talk to him or her, and to have your lawyer present when you are being questioned. If you want a lawyer but cannot afford one, one will be provided to you without cost. Do you understand each of these rights I have explained to you?"

The Doc sighs and shakes his head saldly at Slag speaking loudly enough for everyone within a few blocks to hear, "I see my new found lack of trust in you people is well founded. Utopia's nothing more than fascists with a smile. You've just used up what little currency you had left with me. Good job. I'll see Pratima in a jail cell for kidnapping me, and Utopia bankrupt within a year. Tell your friends, tell the media, this is what happens when you resist Utopia's attempts to push you around!"

Then looking at the cops holding him, he says in a reasonable tone of voice, "If I'm under arrest I'd like to know what I'm being charged with and read my rights by a police officer. Otherwise I suggest you let me go, unless you want to be sued for false arrest. "

After saying this, no matter what is said or done, the Doc concentrates as hard as he can on what it felt like to be intangible and invisible, attempting to duplicate the feeling and thereby become ghost-like again.

[Activating DC:D and Invis, burning WP if necessary.]

Half smiling, she looks from Frank to Sten.  "Mr. No-name Roboto and I would like to imbibe a whiskey for medicinal purposes if you wouldn't mind." Carefully making her way towards the nearest door.

A confused look on his face, Frank let's the no-name comment slide. "Uh, sorry. I'm Frank...Frank DeLucia. Whiskey sounds wonderful, and so does heading inside."

He glances at Sten, eyebrows raised. "Yeah, I can stand. I'm tired as hell, but I can keep my feet just fine." Geeky demeanor or not, dressed in his MIT polo shirt and carrying a hard-used backpack, he seems offended by the suggestion he can't.

Smiling genuinely, Lynn walks to the side of Frank. "Mind if I ask you a question?"

Waiting for his permission, her pretty face scrunches in embarrassment then straightens as words tumble out of her mouth. "How'd you change? What did it feel like? Did it hurt when the excess metal parts fell off? How did you get back into your 'normal' body?" ::unsure

PU building

Half smiling, she looks from Frank to Sten.  "Mr. No-name Roboto and I would like to imbibe a whiskey for medicinal purposes if you wouldn't mind." Carefully making her way towards the nearest door.
A confused look on his face, Frank let's the no-name comment slide. "Uh, sorry. I'm Frank...Frank DeLucia. Whiskey sounds wonderful, and so does heading inside."

He glances at Sten, eyebrows raised. "Yeah, I can stand. I'm tired as hell, but I can keep my feet just fine." Geeky demeanor or not, dressed in his MIT polo shirt and carrying a hard-used backpack, he seems offended by the suggestion he can't.

Sten raises his eyebrows

"Oh, we're all getting a drink all right...C'mon."

He leads the newly erupted novas to the door as guards step aside. They join the directors and step inside, going down a flight of stairs, out to a corridor. The walls are painted in the Project's Blue and Gold and the group walks towards an elevator. The grey haired director Sutherland looks at Lynn:

"I imagine you won't mind if we stop to get your arm on the way down..The captain of the guard told me it was in the first lab."

and the group waits for the elevator...

Meet Joe Rock

"Shhh, there there, it will all be all right honey."

Joe makes meaningless noises to his love for several moments and resists the urge to hug her. Then he really, really tries to shift human. He remembers what it was like to be flesh, to need to breath, and tries to be that again.

At first nothing happens...Joe's frustration becoming palpable as he restrains himself from doing anything that might harm her. Suddenly the arms around his chest start feeling more there, squeezing harder. Alice pulls back in fright and looks at Joe as the rock melts away revealing the new Joe in all of his naked goodness.

"Joe..."

Alice's mouth drops and she sniffles back some tears and she looks him up and down...and down... ::blush

"Is that...is that really you?"

There a few gasps from Alice's colleagues as Joe looks down at himself. His thing didn't drop off...actually, looking below his new six pack, it seems like he gained a Thing with a capital "T"! His arms practically bulged with muscles and even without the rock, he felt stronger than ever!

Movie Making

Noting his sudden excitement, Mona realizes she's just given the little weirdo ideas he didn't have before.

*Oh dear God.... *

She nods.

Alright, let's meet the rest of the team and...get this thing rollin'...

*Waitaminute, did he just say 'no script'? *

"Right!"

Ron takes Mona's luggage from her and they walk to a shiny red 1959 Cadillac convertible.

"She sure is a beauty ain't she?"

He plops the bag into the trunk and lets Mona in. He then drives Mona to the studio and chitchats a bit with her on the way...

Later...

Ron parks in his spot and lets Mona in the studio. The studio is pretty quiet with a few people here and there working on lighting and other cinema doodads. Ron leads her to a man sitting in a cloth chair with the almight word "DIRECTOR" on its back. The man is wearing a beret and is watching dailies on a small screen.

Having heard the cadillac drive in from his trailer, Schenk walks in...

Outside Zig-Zag

The masked vigilante runs up to the massive bouncer and rams his nightstick into the bulging stomach before the bouncer fully realises whats happening! His other hand raised at the ready, he whips down a nightstick onto the bouncers back and the enormous man collapses to the ground. Setting his knee on the man's back, Josh tie-wraps his hands behind his back and quickly gets back up.

Not wasting time Josh runs up to the other bouncer, now struggling to get up and cracks him with his nightstick. With a thump he falls back to the ground, unconcious, and the vigilante looks up...he sees a young man dressed in baggy jeans and red vest looking at the scene in shock at the end of the alley...the boy quickly runs back around the corner towards the club entrance!

Peeving the wrong people:

The Doc sighs and shakes his head saldly at Slag speaking loudly enough for everyone within a few blocks to hear, "I see my new found lack of trust in you people is well founded. Utopia's nothing more than fascists with a smile. You've just used up what little currency you had left with me. Good job. I'll see Pratima in a jail cell for kidnapping me, and Utopia bankrupt within a year. Tell your friends, tell the media, this is what happens when you resist Utopia's attempts to push you around!"

OOC: Loudly enough for everyone withing a few blocks?! That's not speaking, that's hollering... ::confused

One of the cops chuckles a bit

"Hear that Joe? The Team's a bunch of Fascists!"

The other answers in mock seriousness as he starts pulling the doctor towards their car...

"Well, clean up the air, feed the hungry, capture terrorists...all sounds pretty convenient to me. I bet they're just preparing for world domination..." ::rolleyes

Then looking at the cops holding him, he says in a reasonable tone of voice, "If I'm under arrest I'd like to know what I'm being charged with and read my rights by a police officer. Otherwise I suggest you let me go, unless you want to be sued for false arrest. "

Joe pushes the doctor into the back of the squad car then looks through the open door:

"The charges will be laid by the prosecutor but we're arresting you for attempted murder. As for the rest? You can take it to the judge..."

The door slams shut and the cops sit up front. The first one, sitting in the passenger seat looks back at the doctor

After saying this, no matter what is said or done, the Doc concentrates as hard as he can on what it felt like to be intangible and invisible, attempting to duplicate the feeling and thereby become ghost-like again.

Nothing happens...

"I think he's angry Joe..."

"Well I would be too, I mean, being arrested by a bunch of fascists and all..."

He starts up the car and they start driving to the station...

Meet Joe Rock

At first nothing happens...Joe's frustration becoming palpable as he restrains himself from doing anything that might harm her. Suddenly the arms around his chest start feeling more there, squeezing harder. Alice pulls back in fright and looks at Joe as the rock melts away revealing the new Joe in all of his naked goodness.

"Joe..."

Alice's mouth drops and she sniffles back some tears and she looks him up and down...and down... ::blush

"Is that...is that really you?"

Joe realizes that All Is Right In the World Again!!! Joe beams down at Alice in a combination of relief, shock, joy, and exultation. He thinks...

*THANK GOD!! There is an "off" switch. Hey, Alice is shorter. No, I've grown a few inches....*

There a few gasps from Alice's colleagues as Joe looks down at himself. His thing didn't drop off...actually, looking below his new six pack, it seems like he gained a Thing with a capital "T"! His arms practically bulged with muscles and even without the rock, he felt stronger than ever!
*....in more places than one*. ::blush

For an instant there is a "Spiderman" moment where Joe exults in his new body, and he pulls Alice close and kisses her... then he realizes the show he is putting on and he turns red. ::blush

Joe hides himself with his hands and then he grabs a nearby brief case instead.

"Anyone have any clothes?" ::nervous

*And these people are judging Alice for promotion! Something out of a teenage dream turned to a nightmare. Maybe I'll wake up? I wish I were home!*

PU Building

"I imagine you won't mind if we stop to get your arm on the way down..The captain of the guard told me it was in the first lab."

The brunette beauty turns to the director and smiles gratefully. "Would you mind if I had you sainted? Just some small congregation.. of say.. Beheaded women? Sounds fair to me. Of course.. I'm just one woman, but I'm sure we can get more on the bandwagon." ::praying

Smiling genuinely, Lynn walks to the side of Frank. "Mind if I ask you a question?"

Waiting for his permission, her pretty face scrunches in embarrassment then straightens as words tumble out of her mouth. "How'd you change? What did it feel like? Did it hurt when the excess metal parts fell off? How did you get back into your 'normal' body?"

Frank blinks owlishly at her. "Uhhh...hard to describe what it felt like, but I don't remember it hurting. As for changing back? I...um, pictured everything in my head. The way the van was supposed to be, and me as myself inside it. Then I just, I dunno, focused on that image as it being real. Took some serious effort though."

Sten raises his eyebrows

"Oh, we're all getting a drink all right...C'mon."

He leads the newly erupted novas to the door as guards step aside. They join the directors and step inside, going down a flight of stairs, out to a corridor. The walls are painted in the Project's Blue and Gold and the group walks towards an elevator. The grey haired director Sutherland looks at Lynn:

and the group waits for the elevator...

*I can't believe I'm actually inside the Project Utopia building! And I get to see one of their labs! Awesome!*

Tired as he is, Frank's inner geek nearly prompts a giddy giggle of joy before he stops himself.

The brunette beauty turns to the director and smiles gratefully. "Would you mind if I had you sainted? Just some small congregation.. of say.. Beheaded women? Sounds fair to me. Of course.. I'm just one woman, but I'm sure we can get more on the bandwagon."

The thought suddenly strikes him; this poor lady has her head perched atop her neck, held precariously in place by an apparently intelligent, and speech-qualified arm. At this point, Frank just hopes the other arm doesn't dance around and sing.

NYC Diner

The detective looks at the old man and smiles

"I try Steven, I try...look, if anything happens, you know my number."

He stands up

"Be careful out there and for god's sake, don't freeze to death! My house is open if you need a bed..."

The detective pays for the breakfasts and leaves...

Steven stays in the booth for a few more minutes, ensuring all of his food is finished and savoring the warmth of the heater for just a little bit, then heads back outside, pulling his coat tight around him and heads to the nearest shelter to see if there are any beds left for the night.

Frank blinks owlishly at her. "Uhhh...hard to describe what it felt like, but I don't remember it hurting. As for changing back? I...um, pictured everything in my head. The way the van was supposed to be, and me as myself inside it. Then I just, I dunno, focused on that image as it being real. Took some serious effort though."

"Gotcha. I'll have to think on that." Squeezing her eyes shut for a moment she stops to look at him. "Thank you. I appreciate your frankness. It was rude of me to intrude while you are obviously so drained." ::confused "I just needed to know how you changed back." ::blush

Old post brought up to date:

The next morning before going to view the Daily's, Christian finds Ron. "Hi, RG. How did it go with ...?" Schenk Sees Mona. (Wowza)"Hi, I'm Christian Schenk. (the 6'4" actor puts out his hand) So, what are you going to do in the movie? Are you going to use your 'Powers'?"

This post has been edited by ConcreteDragon on Sep 29 2004, 12:38 PM

"Gotcha. I'll have to think on that." Squeezing her eyes shut for a moment she stops to look at him. "Thank you. I appreciate your frankness. It was rude of me to intrude while you are obviously so drained."  "I just needed to know how you changed back."

His eyes feeling grainy with weariness, he chuckles. "Well, that's one thing I'm good at. Being Frank." A snort of laughter at his own joke, then he catches the too-patient expression on Lynn's face. "Sorry. Couldn't resist that one. So, uh...what kind of doctor are you?"

"Right!"

Ron takes Mona's luggage from her and they walk to a shiny red 1959 Cadillac convertible.

"She sure is a beauty ain't she?"

Mona nods in appreciation.

Well, ya got good taste in automobiles, ain't no denyin' that.

He plops the bag into the trunk and lets Mona in. He then drives Mona to the studio and chitchats a bit with her on the way...

The beautiful Texan tilts her seat back and her black Stetson down over her eyes, but is still willing to make small talk, seeing this as an opportunity to get a handle on just how sleazy this operation really is, while giving up as little about herself as possible; after the whole nudity faux pas, she didn't want give the Goldmans any more 'ammunition' ::rolleyes

Ron parks in his spot and lets Mona in the studio. The studio is pretty quiet with a few people here and there working on lighting and other cinema doodads. Ron leads her to a man sitting in a cloth chair with the almight word "DIRECTOR" on its back. The man is wearing a beret and is watching dailies on a small screen.

Having heard the cadillac drive in from his trailer, Schenk walks in...

The next morning before going to view the Daily's, Christian finds Ron. "Hi, RG. How did it go with ...?" Schenk Sees Mona. (Wowza)"Hi, I'm Christian Schenk. (the 6'4" actor puts out his hand) So, what are you going to do in the movie? Are you going to use your 'Powers'?"

The athletic, 5' 8" brunette cocks an eyebrow as she checks out her co-star; she herself is wearing battered black cowboy boots, and is wrapped in well-worn toe-to-chin blue denim that hugs her curves like an Indy race car. A broad leather belt with a Lone Star buckle accentuates her hips and sports a wallet chain. Her lovely face is slightly marred by traces of exhaustion around the edges, and the deep brown eyes below her black Stetson radiate an odd mix of desperation and comradery. Her crooked grin is hard to read - is she laughing at herself, or the situation?

Well, this part ain't so bad ::sly - Mona Floss, and it's a gen-u-ine pleasure, Mr. Schenk. ::biggrin

Her handshake is warm and surprisingly firm, but Christian can feel that her whole body is twitching with nervous energy, and it doesn't feel like the healthy kind.

Powers? Yeah, maybe - not sure yet, 'sactly, so I guess this is gonna be a voyage o' discovery for the both of us ::wink

Smiling at his humor, she rolls her eyes. "Emergency room MD. I work at Brooklyn Hospital Center. What do you do, Frank?" Smiling politely, her blue eyes look sad though she's listening attentively.

"Well, uh...I'm a student actually. MIT, Engineering. Hopefully they'll still let me back on campus after today's little incident." He shudders. "Emergency room, huh? That's cool, I really appreciate the work you folks do; I never learned anything more than basic CPR. I tell you, nothing makes you appreciate a doc more than when you wake up to see you're still alive." Clamping his jaw shut, he glances nervously at her, then for some reason, flushes. "Errah...can I ask you a question now? Doesn't that..." he gestures at Tink holding her detached head, "hurt?"

"Thank you. Its nice to hear we are appreciated. You'd be surprised at how often we get the sharp side of peoples tongues. Everyone hates doctors till they need one and then they hate us again afterwards for telling them things they didn't want to know."

Looking confused for just a second, she stares at him then flushes. "Oh, you mean Tink? Well to be truthful it wasn't fun seeing my flesh.. well.. seperate out into little beings... Oh.. you prolly mean the head? Oh, uhm. Well, no. Its a little disorienting.. especially when it fell off. Talk about head over heels. Kind just felt like a tug and then I was.. more than I am. Strange I know. Should have seem me after I .. well.. turned to 'leaves'." Looking as confused as him she wrinkles her nose. "Truthfully, its starting to feel normal, not that I don't want my arm back. I was really freaking out at first, but considering I'd be a pancake on the road... I'd rather have my head roll off when I'm stressed than be dead. And its not so bad. Tink healed me and his twin healed Wilson. I can't help but be glad I had the ability to be in more than one place at a time. Doesn't mean I want my arms detaching all the time. I mean.. Wilson liked to have had a cow.." ::confused "Too much info?"

Zig-zag:

Confidence having grown slightly with his defeat of the two bouncers (& no more bruises to show for it either!), Josh lets the kid go - reasoning that, at worst, he'll bring more targets the vigilante's way.

All the same, the masked man lets off a tear gas grenade down the alley (hopefully the gas will disperse in time to slow down any gang-members who try take take him on there), then searches the two bouncers to see if either has a key to the side-door, a radio (as in 'walkie-talkie', rather than 'ghetto blaster' that is ::tongue ), weapons, or anything else of interest to a guy in his 'profession'.

If a key is found, he'll take out yet another tear-gas grenade, let it get started a bit in his hand, then open the door & chuck it through. If not, then he'll add some plastic explosives to his shopping list, give the door a quick test to see if it's likely to be possible to force it or not - then force it (if it is possible), or head to the end of the alley (under cover of smoke, et al) to see what's going down at the main entrance.

On the other hand, if a squad of gang-bangers just start to fire randomly down the smoke-filed alley - or something similar - then he'll seek the nearest cover (a dumpster, or stack of garbage cans, or fire escape - whatever these US cities tend to have down alleys) & retaliate with a concussion grenade or two (you need to bunch-up to fire as a group down an alley, I'd guess).

Inside PU Building

Dr. Sutherland nods at Lynn's over enthusiastic response with a slight smile. Doctors Delois and Johannson grin knowingly at the two newly erupted discussing their eruptions as the elevator doors open and a female voice emerges from the elevator's ceiling

"Hello Bodil, Hello Jasmine, how are you today? Would you like the ground floor?"

The elderly scientist steps in the elevator, closely followed by Jasmine. Sten looks at Frank and Lynn, indicating them to enter with his arm.

"I'm fine, thank you Eden. No, take us to sub-1."

The doors close once everyone's inside and the elevator starts heading down. Dr. Sutherland smiles at the novas.

"It's still experimental, not really artificial intelligence. That was all scripted. The most complicated feature was implementing the physionomical recognition filters. The computer recognizes our faces from a list of authorized personnel, we're still working on an unobtrusive retinal scanner..."

"Sub-level one, thank you doctors. Have a nice day."

Frank and Lynn can't help but wonder if there really isn't any intelligence behind Eden's words as they step out. The corridor in which they find themselves is a pale shade of blue and the group heads towards a guard in blue uniform standing at a door further up.

"Good afternoon Henry, these are Dr. Walker and uhmm...Frank."

The guards eyes widen at the site of Tink holding up Lynn's head. ::blink

"It's aahh..a pleasure to meet you...I think the rest of you is in there..."

He hooks a thumb at the door behind him and steps aside, fingering a code on a panel next to the door. The door slides open and the group steps inside. Frank and Lynn are amazed at the array of equipment before them! All top of the line, some are probably even unique prototypes. Various smock bearing doctors seem to be working the tools and quite a few keep throwing glances in one corner of the lab. Following their gazes they see Wilson, holding a coffee with a trembling hand as a woman's arm gently strokes his hair. ::crazy A woman with glasses is sitting in front of him, talking to him as he nods or shakes his head at various questions...

Meeting Joe

"Anyone have any clothes?" 

One of Alice's colleagues, a woman in her thirties with pulled up brown hair and a stylish grey business suite answers wryly

"No.."

and grins behind her cup of coffee. Indeed all of Alice's female colleagues seem to be taking in her new husband. A male cough is heard as a man steps forward.

"Ahh..I've got some gym clothes in my office. They shouldn't be too, uh, smelly..."

A few minutes later Joe is donned in blue shorts and a red t-shirt as Alice grills him for details...

On the way to the precinct

The Doc ignores the cop's comments, but remembers them for future reference. Sitting in the back of the police car, he closes his eyes and thinks of his son, and getting to him and nothing else.

"So what do you think will happen when they take over Joe?"

"Oh, I don't know...they'll probably put us to work in the mines I guess."

"Or cleaning the sewers..."

"Yeah that too, I mean, even novas still use the crapper right?"

"I think ss..holy shlt!"

Sccrreeeeech!

The car screams to a halt as Joe slams the break! The doc's face collides with the metal screen separating him from the front seat and he falls back into the back seat as the car comes to a halt. Shaking his head clear the doc looks through the grill and sees what's happening...a huge portal seems to have opened in front of the car, the headlights lighting what seems to be a dank basement. A man wearing a plaid jacket runs into view and looks through the portal with a horrified look on his face, right back at the police car. He squints under the glare then shoves a hand in his belt and pulls out a pistol, pointing it at the car.

"Oh, fvck, git down, git down!"

The two policemen quickly duck sideways, below the dashboard as gunfire is heard and bullets start riddling the windshield!

BLAM!

BLAM!

BLAM!

BAM!

::nervous

Zig-zag

All the same, the masked man lets off a tear gas grenade down the alley (hopefully the gas will disperse in time to slow down any gang-members who try take take him on there), then searches the two bouncers to see if either has a key to the side-door, a radio (as in 'walkie-talkie', rather than 'ghetto blaster' that is  ), weapons, or anything else of interest to a guy in his 'profession'.

A cloud of tear gas starts growing at the intersection by the main entrance and Josh thinks he hears screaming though he can't be sure as he concentrates on searching the bouncers. He counts his stars as he sees that both were packing though neither pulled their weapons on him. McD has a large keys with about 20 ten keys on it as well as a walkie-talkie in one of his pockets. Luckily the other bouncer only has three keys...a car key, probabaly a home key and hopefully one for the door...Josh approaches the side door. He starts a tear gas grenade in his hand and the smoke starts pouring out as the side door slams open! He sees a black man with a gun in his hand, evil sideburns leading the way up his cheeks to eyes the size of Manhattan. Other people seem to be pushing behind him but he seems to be forgetting his gun and pushing back through the door in shock at the sight of what's before him...for this second anyway. ::wink

Movie Making

Powers? Yeah, maybe - not sure yet, 'sactly, so I guess this is gonna be a voyage o' discovery for the both of us 

The man sitting in the director's chair stands up, a black beret rests upon his dark brown hair. A small goatee accentuates his chin and a large smile creases his face as he greets the nova.

"Ello mademoiselle Fluss. Ow are you? I ope yeur flight was o-kay, oui? We're so very pleased you decided to join ze team, dis will be a great meuvie. Would you like a petit café, ah espresso? A croissant or a beeg mec?"

Mona's pretty sure he just offered her a burger...either that or a big guy.

"Tomorrow Miz Heukelseuk will arrive and we can start ze school sheuts. You will play secretary Gerda Vite, Vite like ze coleur. Vite like ze heroeene zat yeu eure."

Mona is still wondering if she's being spoken to in English as the director continues

"Yeu see, Beugman gets captured and yeu will 'elp rescue him with ze powers you gained from the buggerjuice that showeured your body when Beugman killed the evil alien beug in the showeur scene..."

NYC Diner

Steven stays in the booth for a few more minutes, ensuring all of his food is finished and savoring the warmth of the heater for just a little bit, then heads back outside, pulling his coat tight around him and heads to the nearest shelter to see if there are any beds left for the night.

The shelter ladies always seem to scrounge up a bed for Steven when he shows up and he was glad for it, it was cold out there tonight. He was a bit disappointed with his helplessness in the kidnapping situation and tossed and turned in bed. Sleep became even harder when the massive headache struck... ::halo

... He starts a tear gas grenade in his hand and the smoke starts pouring out as the side door slams open! He sees a black man with a gun in his hand, evil sideburns leading the way up his cheeks to eyes the size of Manhattan. Other people seem to be pushing behind him but he seems to be forgetting his gun and pushing back through the door in shock at the sight of what's before him...for this second anyway.

Not having a great deal of time for finese - & holding a key in one hand & a tear-gas grenade in the other - Josh reacts as quickly as he can by smashing the grenade into the man's nose with as much force as he can muster [he'll blow a WP to get this right]. Of course, he hasn't noticed any gang markings on the chap at this point - but the gun alone is mitigating enough for some liberal 'self-defense'... ::wink

If that works, the vigilante will grab another concussion grenade (at least his encumbrance is going down... ::tongue ) & lob it through the doorway - quickly slamming the door closed before the blast catches him. After the 'bang', he'll pull out a nightstick in one hand, & a taser in the other - then wade in to (attempt to) take down anyone he can see in gang colours (or who appears to be an immediate threat - natch ::sly ).

Meeting Joe

A male cough is heard as a man steps forward.

"Ahh..I've got some gym clothes in my office. They shouldn't be too, uh, smelly..."

Joe thinks,

*I've met this guy before. Howard? Don't remember if that's first name or last. He's bigger than me... no he was bigger. Hah. He works out, but his t-shirt is too small. Good god. Is that my arm? 10 years worth of pumping iron in a few minutes. I should have erupted years ago. How tall am I? 6 foot 3? 6 foot 4?*

Joe dresses and thanks the man.

A few minutes later Joe is donned in blue shorts and a red t-shirt as Alice grills him for details...
Joe says, "Well... Matt and I were responding to this call. We found a guy who had beaten his wife half to death, he ran away, and my headache just grew. Next thing I know I'm made of stone and rising up through the pavement in front of him. ::blink He kept trying to run but a herd of cockroaches stopped him. ::wacko I put the cuffs on him and was waiting for backup when the news crew showed up. Then I was thinking about you and now I'm here." ::teleport

"So how has your day been?"

::bigsmile

Joe thinks a moment,

"Three other things. First, I'm probably still on duty so I should call in. Second, is there a mirror around here somewhere? I think I'm taller. And third and most importantly I'm starving. ::wow

Inside PU Building

Smiling slightly at the guard, she walks quickly in the room, only to freeze as she sees the shaken Wilson. Blanching, she freezes momentarily before walking forward haltingly. Keeping her eyes down, she reaches out to remove her arm from around him. "A-a-are y-you all right, Wilson?" she whispers sadly.

NYC Shelter

The shelter ladies always seem to scrounge up a bed for Steven when he shows up and he was glad for it, it was cold out there tonight. He was a bit disappointed with his helplessness in the kidnapping situation and tossed and turned in bed. Sleep became even harder when the massive headache struck...

Waking up in the middle of the night, Steven quietly pulls his coat tightly aorund him and heads outside for a breath of (cold) fresh air. His head still pounding, he starts walking down the street until he finds an all-night grocery on pharmacy to see if he can get a couple of aspirin.

Movie Making

" You will play secretary Gerda Vite, Vite like ze coleur. Vite like ze heroeene zat yeu eure."

"Yeu see, Beugman gets captured and yeu will 'elp rescue him with ze powers you gained from the buggerjuice that showeured your body when Beugman killed the evil alien beug in the showeur scene..."

Gritting his teeth on the inside, The big German pipes in, "Roh-Bear, I have an idea. Instead of having Miss Floss play the part of 'Gerta White-secretary', save some money and film by making her 'Ilsa-the Shower Monitor'. Just use the stock footage of Sum-jung Ho, but instead of killing her with Natasha, use special effects to transform her into the obviously more Athletic and Curvaceous Mona Floss ::bigsmile . It's a win/win situation. Ms. Floss gets to play an established character with an established history. The vewers get to see the differance between the 'old Ilsa' and the 'Super Ilsa', with out make-up and prosthetics hiding the Nova. Finally, you get to save money by not filming the extra sceans or using expensive make-up.....So, what do you three think?" (OOC:Subterfuge to help persuade)

In the back of the police car

Cold fear grips the Doc as he dives down onto the floor of the vehicle and he finds himself wishing, even more than when he was arrested, that he was a ghost again. At the same time a more analytical part of his mind is thinking, *So that's how I got to New York!*

The man sitting in the director's chair stands up, a black beret rests upon his dark brown hair. A small goatee accentuates his chin and a large smile creases his face as he greets the nova.

"Ello mademoiselle Fluss. Ow are you? I ope yeur flight was o-kay, oui? We're so very pleased you decided to join ze team, dis will be a great meuvie. Would you like a petit café, ah espresso? A croissant or a beeg mec?"

Mona's pretty sure he just offered her a burger...either that or a big guy.

Ah, no, ah'm good, thanks - low maintainance gal, and all that. ::wink

"Tomorrow Miz Heukelseuk will arrive and we can start ze school sheuts. You will play secretary Gerda Vite, Vite like ze coleur. Vite like ze heroeene zat yeu eure."

Mona is still wondering if she's being spoken to in English as the director continues

*'Buggerjuice'?* ::unsure

Gritting his teeth on the inside, The big German pipes in, "Roh-Bear, I have an idea. Instead of having Miss Floss play the part of 'Gerta White-secretary', save some money and film by making her 'Ilsa-the Shower Monitor'. Just use the stock footage of Sum-jung Ho, but instead of killing her with Natasha, use special effects to transform her into the obviously more Athletic and Curvaceous Mona Floss ::bigsmile. It's a win/win situation. Ms. Floss gets to play an established character with an established history. The vewers get to see the differance between the 'old Ilsa' and the 'Super Ilsa', with out make-up and prosthetics hiding the Nova. Finally, you get to save money by not filming the extra sceans or using expensive make-up.....So, what do you three think?"

Mona's not sure if Christian is trying to help her or just see her nude. ::sly

Uh, 'shower monitor', huh? That sounds like pretty important work ::confused Would ah need a blonde wig or somethin'? And would ah need an accent, or do you just shoot MOS and loop everythin' later?

(OOC: MOS means silent, a holdover from the early days when directors we're often immigrants - it literally stands for 'mitt out sound' ::laugh This indicates that Mona has worked on a movie set at least once in the past ::cool)

Christian looks at Mona with approval. *So, she has been on a movie set a time or two ::sly * "Actualy, I thought your hair should stay the same. It would kind of show your change of power, like that kid's cartoon , Dragon Pyramid A.

If you like, I have a copy of the first movie, 'BugMan BnG', I could lend you. That would show you what Ilsa was like, so you would get some 'Character background'."

Inside Zig-Zag

Not having a great deal of time for finese - & holding a key in one hand & a tear-gas grenade in the other - Josh reacts as quickly as he can by smashing the grenade into the man's nose with as much force as he can muster [he'll blow a WP to get this right]. Of course, he hasn't noticed any gang markings on the chap at this point - but the gun alone is mitigating enough for some liberal 'self-defense'... 

If that works, the vigilante will grab another concussion grenade (at least his encumbrance is going down...  ) & lob it through the doorway - quickly slamming the door closed before the blast catches him. After the 'bang', he'll pull out a nightstick in one hand, & a taser in the other - then wade in to (attempt to) take down anyone he can see in gang colours (or who appears to be an immediate threat - natch  ).

Crack!

The man drops his gun as he stumbles back, hands to his (probably broken) nose. Those behind him grab him and look at Josh as he pulls out another grenade. One of them seems saavy enough to point his gun at the vigilante and pulls the trigger.

It hurt.

Josh looked down trying to determine the extent of the damage and stumbled back as he saw his vest being torn to shreds by round after round of cop killers. He couldn't concentrate...was this how it'd all end? He could hear a voice screaming in his ears...Josh?! Josh?! His head was killing him, pounding...His vision blurred as he stumbled back into the smoke filled alley and dropped to his knees. The woman's voice in his ears was incoherent and he was pretty sure he tasted blood. Looking up he saw a couple of men starting to run out of the club...and he realised the pain wasn't there anymore. Slowly he got back to his feet and, as the armed men looked at him, wondering if he'd suddenly keel over, an odd noise was heard.

Thwip, thwip thwip thwip, thwip.

Josh saw small objects leaping from his chest and falling to the ground with a metallic tingle...sparing a glance he realised that they were bullets, now slightly crushed from the impact with his chest, flesh and bones... ::blink

"Holy fvck! This can't be happening! I killed you dead, man, I killed you dead!" ::crazy ::nervous

Josh looks at the panicking man and suddenly the man's face contorts into a mask of fear. Josh can feel something happening to himself but he can't tell what. Shivers, spasms?...nothing he'd ever felt before...

"Oh god, no..no...this ain't happening...no don't..Please don't hurt me!"

New Joe

Joe says, "Well... Matt and I were responding to this call. We found a guy who had beaten his wife half to death, he ran away, and my headache just grew. Next thing I know I'm made of stone and rising up through the pavement in front of him.  He kept trying to run but a herd of cockroaches stopped him.  I put the cuffs on him and was waiting for backup when the news crew showed up. Then I was thinking about you and now I'm here." 

"So how has your day been?" 

Joe thinks a moment,

"Three other things. First, I'm probably still on duty so I should call in. Second, is there a mirror around here somewhere? I think I'm taller. And third and most importantly I'm starving.

"Did you say cockroaches?"

Alice pulls an 'ick' face

"If you want to call you can use my phone..and ahh...here's my mirror."

She takes a small mirror from her purse and drops it nervously on the table. She then takes out her cellphone and lays it next to the mirror.

"So...you're hungry...ah...do you want me to order some pizza?"

Joe can feel a bit of coldness from her front, like she was talking to a stranger instead of the man she's married to...its probably all a lot to take in in so little time... ::rolleyes

Inside PU

Smiling slightly at the guard, she walks quickly in the room, only to freeze as she sees the shaken Wilson. Blanching, she freezes momentarily before walking forward haltingly. Keeping her eyes down, she reaches out to remove her arm from around him. "A-a-are y-you all right, Wilson?" she whispers sadly.

Wilson jerks around as the arm is removed and looks up

"Lynn!"

He gets up grabs Lynn in his arms and kisses her, hard. She hears Tink cry out

"Oh!"

Suddenly Lynn sees the ceiling roll into view and a round eyed Wilson slipping downwards. Her view shifts as her head tumbles backward, she sees the upside-down lab behind her, moving speedily and haulting with a thump as she falls onto Tink, now sprawled on the floor.

"Oh GOD! LYNN!" ::crazy

Movie Making

Gritting his teeth on the inside, The big German pipes in, "Roh-Bear, I have an idea. Instead of having Miss Floss play the part of 'Gerta White-secretary', save some money and film by making her 'Ilsa-the Shower Monitor'. Just use the stock footage of Sum-jung Ho, but instead of killing her with Natasha, use special effects to transform her into the obviously more Athletic and Curvaceous Mona Floss  . It's a win/win situation. Ms. Floss gets to play an established character with an established history. The vewers get to see the differance between the 'old Ilsa' and the 'Super Ilsa', with out make-up and prosthetics hiding the Nova. Finally, you get to save money by not filming the extra sceans or using expensive make-up.....So, what do you three think?" (OOC:Subterfuge to help persuade)

Robert doesn't seem to convinced and looks at Ron

"What do you think Run?"

Ron rubs his chin thoughtfully with his thick finger

"Well, some people might take offense to the fact that crap shower monitor is asian and when she becomes super, she also changes to a white texan..."

He smiles

"If we leak the information the media squad will probably fuel controversy, everyone will want to see the movie! I love it!" ::bigsmile

Robert looks at Mona

"Okay then, you will be Ilsa ze showeur muniteur. You may want to watch the feurst meuvie. I would have suggested it anyway."

Uh, 'shower monitor', huh? That sounds like pretty important work  Would ah need a blonde wig or somethin'? And would ah need an accent, or do you just shoot MOS and loop everythin' later?

"Well, for the characteur's sake, both you and Schenk, I think it would be best if you tried to take a bit of an asian accent. Ilsa was played by Sam-Jeung Ho after all. I don't think a blonde wig will be necessary, black hair is better feur continuity. So...we begin tomorrow then, okay?"

NYC Shelter

As Steven starts heading out one of the volunteer ladies spots him and asks him what's wrong. Seeing his state she quickly digs into her purse and offers him a couple of extra strength Tylenol. He heads back to bed, pain still throbbing through his skull...

later..

Steven somehow had managed to fall asleep. His head was still killing him after he'd showered. After a quick breakfast provided by the shelter he decided that some fresh air might help him and he started walking down one of the city's streets until

Screeech!

A police car screamed to halt only a few meters away from him in the middle of the street! A huge shimmering portal was open before the car, a rend in space itself. Then the bullets started coming through, only to Steven they were going sloowwwly...Sound became muffled and he could see the bullets moving towards the car, shattering the windshield in slow motion. Suddenly a lull in the shooting and one of the cops peaked up to see if it was over. Steven could see a bullet heading straight for his forehead! He instinctively pointed an open hand at the bullet and it stopped in its place. Somehow knowing what to do he walked towards the car and looked at the portal. The shimmering about the portal seemed to accelerate and it suddenly fizzled and closed upon itself. Sound blared back to normal and everything started moving again...all except the frozen bullet. Steven looked in the car and saw the two policemen staring slack jawed at the bullet which was just floating there inches away from Joe's face! ::nervous

Inside the squad car

Cold fear grips the Doc as he dives down onto the floor of the vehicle and he finds himself wishing, even more than when he was arrested, that he was a ghost again. At the same time a more analytical part of his mind is thinking, *So that's how I got to New York!*

After a few seconds everything falls silent...The doctor cautiously looks up and see that the cops up front are staring at what appears to be a bullet headed straight for Joe's head, halted in mid-flight a few inches away from his face. The cop seems to be too scared to move away...perhaps if he moved it would just resume its path towards death? The doc also noticed that beyond the bullet was a New York city street as normal, all evidence of the basement now gone... ::dontgetit

New Joe

"Did you say cockroaches?"

Alice pulls an 'ick' face

Joe comments

"Yeah, I'm not sure what to think about that. It might be one piece of a larger package, or it might be something worth ignoring."

::dontgetit
"If you want to call you can use my phone..and ahh...here's my mirror."

She takes a small mirror from her purse and drops it nervously on the table. She then takes out her cell phone and lays it next to the mirror.

"So...you're hungry...ah...do you want me to order some pizza?"

Joe can feel a bit of coldness from her front, like she was talking to a stranger instead of the man she's married to...its probably all a lot to take in in so little time... ::rolleyes

Joe says, "Pizza would be wonderful. I can feel my blood sugar crashing and my headache coming back." ::blink

Joe senses the coldness but decides to first open the mirror, see the worst, and arrange his thoughts. He might have a third eye or something. He stares... ::confused

::shocked "Good God." ::shocked

He touches his face and the image in the mirror does the same. He looks down at his new body, then he stares at Alice in shock. It finally sinks in.

*Am I the same person? Or isn't that Alice's question?*

"Alice..." ::nervous

"...this is... I don't know. Maybe 5 years worth of working out and 50 grand worth of plastic surgery?"

He pauses to let that sink in. Somehow just saying it out loud helps. Putting it that way seemed to help even more.

"5 years worth of working out, 50 grand worth of plastic surgery... but other than that I don't feel any different. Well, healthier. Stronger. Maybe even taller. But I'm still the same guy... aren't I?" ::nervous

Wilson jerks around as the arm is removed and looks up

"Lynn!"

He gets up grabs Lynn in his arms and kisses her, hard. She hears Tink cry out

"Oh!"

Suddenly Lynn sees the ceiling roll into view and a round eyed Wilson slipping downwards. Her view shifts as her head tumbles backward, she sees the upside-down lab behind her, moving speedily and haulting with a thump as she falls onto Tink, now sprawled on the floor.

"Oh GOD! LYNN!"

Seeing what's inevitably about to happen, Frank darts forward, but too late. Wincing to himself as the lady doctor's head falls onto the floor atop Tink, he still keeps moving. Kneeling down next to her so she can see him, he flings up a hand to stop Wilson. "Hold on, buddy. Let's just help her up, ok?" Glancing down at her, he asks, "Uhh...would you like some help getting back to your neck?" Frank does seem genuinely concerned, his earlier discomfort seeming to have vanished, at least momentarily.

Just lying there breathing for a moment, Lynn flushes in embarrassment then seems to just relax. Giggling slightly, she smiles at them all. "Well, I've heard of kisses knocking a girls socks off.. and being head over heels. You pack quite a punch, hun." Laughing a little harder, Lynn just waits a sec till the humor passes.

"Thanks, Frank. I would appreciate that. I think I want to sit down. Its time I tried to 'reconnect.' I can do without the sommersaults. Next time I might land on my nose, then where would I be!" ::wink

Waiting till she safely secured in a chair with her head and arm held in place, she looks to Tink. "All right there, little partner?" Rubbing Tinks back, she checks him over. "Didn't hurt you did I? I think its time this head lolling bit was over. I'm sorry if this includes you, Tink, but I'll see you next time, k?"

Waiting for his reply, Lynn smiles at Tink kindly and affectionately, before closing her eyes and concentrating on just being one.

Crack!

The man drops his gun as he stumbles back, hands to his (probably broken) nose. Those behind him grab him and look at Josh as he pulls out another grenade...

*Hey, this might actually wor'...*

... One of them seems saavy enough to point his gun at the vigilante and pulls the trigger.

*... oh.*

It hurt.

*Ack! Let's hope the Kevlar...*

Josh looked down trying to determine the extent of the damage and stumbled back as he saw his vest being torn to shreds by round after round of cop killers...

*... oh crap.*

... He couldn't concentrate...was this how it'd all end? He could hear a voice screaming in his ears...Josh?! Josh?! His head was killing him, pounding...His vision blurred as he stumbled back into the smoke filled alley and dropped to his knees. The woman's voice in his ears was incoherent and he was pretty sure he tasted blood. Looking up he saw a couple of men starting to run out of the club...

::Cough:: *Ugh... never cough up blood whilst wearing a respirator... Why am I thinking that?.. that's hardly important... Maybe I should get up... Who are those guys?.. Why am I... oh, yeah... damned cheap-ass body-armour... Why am I wearing armour?.. Those guys are gettin' real close... maybe now would be a good time to stand up?.. Did I remember sis's birthday?.. This floor is really cold... I wish I could see straight... What th' Hell have I been drinkin'?.. I... No!.. Get away from her... Don't touch her... Sis, I... I'll make sure that no-one every gets hurt like you did... I... I'm sorry... I'll... Damn them!..*

... and he realised the pain wasn't there anymore. Slowly he got back to his feet and, as the armed men looked at him, wondering if he'd suddenly keel over, an odd noise was heard.

Thwip, thwip thwip thwip, thwip.

Josh saw small objects leaping from his chest and falling to the ground with a metallic tingle...sparing a glance he realised that they were bullets, now slightly crushed from the impact with his chest, flesh and bones... 

*Oh God! I think I'm gonna' puke... No! Wearing a respirator, remember - idiot! Get it together - you're lucky they thought they'd got you. Take advantage of the situation whilst you can... I guess this is what being shot feels like. Not to be recommended. Thank God the armour worked... just didn't know it'd hurt so bad... Maybe I cracked a rib or something? Time to check that later - must have blacked-out for a second - maybe hit the ol' noggin' when I fell? Damn, my head's throbbin'... Concentrate, concentrate! Take the opening...*

"Holy fvck! This can't be happening! I killed you dead, man, I killed you dead!"

*Dumb-ass! What? He's never seen a bullet-proof-vest before?*

Josh looks at the panicking man and suddenly the man's face contorts into a mask of fear. Josh can feel something happening to himself but he can't tell what. Shivers, spasms?...nothing he'd ever felt before...

*Don't puke! God... still queasy... No time for that now...*

"Oh god, no..no...this ain't happening...no don't..Please don't hurt me!"

*Huh? Interesting f'ckin' dicotomy, pal: you shoot th' livin' crapola out of me, then beg me not to hurt you? I thought these street-gang thugs lived & breathed this stuff... Maybe the whole 'Dark Knight' schtick really is working?*

Doing his best to focus & clear his head - trying to ignore the headache - [blows a WP to shake it off] Josh quickly completes his original plan - lobbing the concussion grenade through the open door. He then grabs his two nightsticks & lays into the two guys still in the alley, trying to knock them out before they can start shooting again.

In the Street

Screeech!

A police car screamed to halt only a few meters away from him in the middle of the street! A huge shimmering portal was open before the car, a rend in space itself. Then the bullets started coming through, only to Steven they were going sloowwwly...Sound became muffled and he could see the bullets moving towards the car, shattering the windshield in slow motion. Suddenly a lull in the shooting and one of the cops peaked up to see if it was over. Steven could see a bullet heading straight for his forehead! He instinctively pointed an open hand at the bullet and it stopped in its place. Somehow knowing what to do he walked towards the car and looked at the portal. The shimmering about the portal seemed to accelerate and it suddenly fizzled and closed upon itself. Sound blared back to normal and everything started moving again...all except the frozen bullet. Steven looked in the car and saw the two policemen staring slack jawed at the bullet which was just floating there inches away from Joe's face!

Closing his eyes just briefly, Steven shakes his head, hoping that maybe his headache was causing him to hallucinate. Upon seeing the scene just the same as he remembered after opening his eyes, Steven decided to play along for now, and then go down to the local free medical clinic for a chekup. He was getting old after all...

Keeping his open hand outstretched, not sure if dropping it might make the bullet start speeding throught the air again, Steven slowly, yet purposefully, walks over the bullet and snatches it out of the air (ala The Matrix). Then, glancing into the squadcar inquires, "Are you officers alright? What was that?", nodding his head in the direction of the now vaporized portal.

"Okay then, you will be Ilsa ze showeur muniteur. You may want to watch the feurst meuvie. I would have suggested it anyway."

Mona winced inside.

*I was afraid he was going to say that.*

Alright, sounds like a plan - I guess send a copy to whatever hotel ah'm stayin' at, and ah'll give it a gander.

"Well, for the characteur's sake, both you and Schenk, I think it would be best if you tried to take a bit of an asian accent. Ilsa was played by Sam-Jeung Ho after all. I don't think a blonde wig will be necessary, black hair is better feur continuity. So...we begin tomorrow then, okay?"

Will do - ah can dye mah hair darker or go with a wig, whichever you think'll match better.

She turns to Christian and pulls him aside.

Just gonna borrow mah leadin' man for a sec, if that's alright. ::wink

Once she's gotten him out of earshot of the filmmakers, she whispers into his ear.

Ah suddenly have a desperate need for all the alcohol in the state of New York - can you help me with that, sugar dumplin'? ::sly

Then, glancing into the squadcar inquires, "Are you officers alright? What was that?", nodding his head in the direction of the now vaporized portal.

[Assuming the cops are alright... ::lookaround ]

Looking through the barrier separating the front and the back of the police car, the Doc laughs shakily and says, "That was a manifestation of my intense desire to see my son again, to get him away from that basement those bastards who were just shooting at us are holding him in. It's also why I'm in New York and under arrest, apparently. Of course, pissing off those self-righteous Utopia pricks probably had something to do with my current predicament as well. " Realizing he's rambling, the Doc pauses for a few moments.

Nodding at the hand holding the bullet, he says still a bit shakily, "So I take it you stopped that bullet. Means you're a nova, right? You don't look like a Utopian. Don't suppose you'd care to give a newly erupted nova like myself a hand here?"

Looking through the barrier separating the front and the back of the police car, the Doc laughs shakily and says, "That was a manifestation of my intense desire to see my son again, to get him away from that basement those bastards who were just shooting at us are holding him in. It's also why I'm in New York and under arrest, apparently. Of course, pissing off those self-righteous Utopia pricks probably had something to do with my current predicament as well. " Realizing he's rambling, the Doc pauses for a few moments.

Hearing the voice coming from the back of the squad car, Steven glances through the window. As the Doc sees him up close, he can see that Steven reminds him of a kindly, elderly grandfatherly figure. His grey hair and beard, belie the fact that he's seen at least 60 winters, but appears in decent shape none the less.

"Well, I'm sure you must have done something wrong to have been arrested..."

Nodding at the hand holding the bullet, he says still a bit shakily, "So I take it you stopped that bullet. Means you're a nova, right? You don't look like a Utopian. Don't suppose you'd care to give a newly erupted nova like myself a hand here?"

Looking down at his hand, only now really realizing what's going on, "uhh, I have no idea what is going on here... I must be hallucinating... Officers, if this man's son really has been kidnapped, why aren't you helping him find him?"

Hearing the voice coming from the back of the squad car, Steven glances through the window. As the Doc sees him up close, he can see that Steven reminds him of a kindly, elderly grandfatherly figure. His grey hair and beard, belie the fact that he's seen at least 60 winters, but appears in decent shape none the less.

"Well, I'm sure you must have done something wrong to have been arrested..."

Looking down at his hand, only now really realizing what's going on, "uhh, I have no idea what is going on here... I must be hallucinating... Officers, if this man's son really has been kidnapped, why aren't you helping him find him?"

The sides of the Doc's lips twitch upwards momentarily in amusement, like he's trying to smile, but only for a moment before other emotions cloud his face once more, "What I did wrong was erupting, tearing open a rent in space, like the one you just saw. I was a bit livid with rage at that point, and it was dark, so I didn't notice it. Hit a couple people with my RV as it went through. One of them erupted and apparently saved the other one. Long story short, those Utopia shmucks shanghaied me, I objected vociferously, they had me arrested for attempted murder. Police intereference in the kidnapping of my son could get him killed, I'm not interested in their help. You, however, could help me get out of this car and away from here. I assure you, you're not hallucinating, and I certainly didn't stop that bullet. So c'mon, help me out here, please?"

She turns to Christian and pulls him aside.

Just gonna borrow mah leadin' man for a sec, if that's alright. ::wink

Once she's gotten him out of earshot of the filmmakers, she whispers into his ear.

Ah suddenly have a desperate need for all the alcohol in the state of New York - can you help me with that, sugar dumplin'? ::sly

*A little early, is it not?*

"I have some friends who would enjoy entertaining us tonight, but in the mean time...hang on for a moment, ok?" The big German takes out his cell phone and phones a friend. (OOC dials a contact to recommend an upper end Sport/Gambling Bar. Once one is known, He'll dial it up and use Influence to get a reservation and good seats.)

The sides of the Doc's lips twitch upwards momentarily in amusement, like he's trying to smile, but only for a moment before other emotions cloud his face once more, "What I did wrong was erupting, tearing open a rent in space, like the one you just saw. I was a bit livid with rage at that point, and it was dark, so I didn't notice it. Hit a couple people with my RV as it went through. One of them erupted and apparently saved the other one. Long story short, those Utopia shmucks shanghaied me, I objected vociferously, they had me arrested for attempted murder. Police intereference in the kidnapping of my son could get him killed, I'm not interested in their help. You, however, could help me get out of this car and away from here. I assure you, you're not hallucinating, and I certainly didn't stop that bullet. So c'mon, help me out here, please?"

"Look, young man, I don't know anything about you or why you've been arrested. But I certainly don't have the right nor the ability to help you escape from the police."

Steven thinks for a moment, then realizes something...

"What's your name, what's your son's name? Maybe I can help."

(seeing if he can make any connection to the other kidnapping he heard about)

Steven waits for the information, then turns towards the officers, "Officer, could you please get in contact with Detective David Mason, vice squad, tell him it's Steven, and it's important..."

Archived