Its official!

ezekiel

I just settled my first case... ::cool

Client's my father (he did consulting work and never got paid...) which is why I could represent him. I just finished my law degree but haven't done the bar yet since I want to escape one last time (hence the Taiwan thing) It probably won't be 'til another couple of years before I officially become a bastard...

Anyway, I finished negotiations Friday (it took a legalese email of polite allusions to their being dumbarses and thinly veiled threats to get them back to the negotiation table), drafted the settlement this weekend and we just received our first payment an hour ago... ::thumbsup ::withbeer

I'm off for a beer (not too many though, gotta get this signed by a judge tomorrow...)

Thanks, I'm still waiting for my diploma to get here since I need it for the work VISA (I also think I need to get it notarized at the Taiwanese embassy which is a bit of a hassle) It should be another couple of weeks I think before I get it so it may not be 'til March before I leave. 'Course, delays are to be expected when you're going on a whim...

Btw, thanks again for the contact Gideon..I haven't used it though since I'm talking to a few people who are still in Taiwan at the moment.

Archived