Aberrant: Quantum Zero - Quantum Zero - Elites

ProfPotts

General Questions:

'At ease soldier. ''

::blink

Guy relaxes slightly from the rigid pose he automatically adopted on approaching the General's office... *Bugger me... It's almost like going to see the 'eadmaster again...*

'Decay reported your situation several days ago. We'd like to hear how you made it back. Doctor Alinsky here has been looking into the technical aspects of your disappearance. So - what do you have to report?'

Yesssah! Last THing I remember before the HINcident was ALloy ATtempting to save me from Decay, Sah. 'en I was waking up on the sand, Sah. I was surrounded by labtechs in White Coats, ::sly Sah. And some fried EQuipment, Sah. Maelfius was walking away from my location, Sah. I tried to question HIM As to the nature of events, Sah. But, 'e - HE was not cohoperative, Sah. HE appeared to be losing his MARBLES, Sah. HE offered me a trip back to the base, but, in my opinion, Sah, it did not appear that the OFFer would remain open for long, Sah. In fact, Sah, it appeared to me THat HIS OFFer might HEXpire at any minute, particularly hif I asked more questions, Sah. I took the OFFer of transportation via Warp, Sah."

"The damaged equipment looked as follows, Sah." At which point Guy launches into a description of the fried equipment in as much detail as he can (possibly surprising himself with how much he remembers of it).

Guy comes up for air.

"I am ALLso ready to provide a full debriefing on events for Team Green, Sah. I would very much like to read the debriefing reports of other teams once this is done, Sah, so that I might better understand what went so badly wrong, Sah. After the Major died, Sah. "However, I am more concerned at the moment with Thunderbolt and Shockwave returning to the recent operational zone, Sah. I was under the impression that we do not leave OUR men behind, Sah."

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not letting the legality of the thing bother him overly, Jaguar selects the Masters, Inc. gun - by the time he needs it, the versatility and long-term performance of the weapon are not likely to be relevant.

As his jean jacket changes size and texture to form a coat, with a bandolier for the shotgun in the small of his back, while its color also shifts to take on a resemblance to Jaguar's standard costume, and a thin swath of the material flows up his jaw to form a skintight mask over his eyes.

Checking his watch, he returns to the lounge to await news of the mission.

The FSS:

Soon enough the pair find themselves sneaking past a small herd of goats penned in with an irregular wooden fence & up to a hut on the outside of the village. Small nude dark-skinned children run about playing games, while older children, women, & the elderly busy themselves with various domestic chores, & chickens scrabble in the dirt. Pausing to listen at the rear wall of the hut, Shockwave nods silently to Thunderbolt, then gently pushes her fist through the wall, tearing away enough of a hole to climb through. Inside she starts to rummage around for clothes, trying not to break the various pieces of pottery stored here & there...

Thunderbolt watches as Shockwave tears into the hut and enters. Quickly he follows after her; it wasn't the way that he would've done it, but it seemed to work. As she rummages thorugh the clothes, he keeps his eyes and ears open for surprises.

Andy feels the chill enter the warmer the room.

"Dang man...I guess you must like the AC on high."

At this, Verse just shakes his head and shurgs.

"Right after I get this message sent..." he says as he quickly types and sends the message. He smiles to himself, then slips on a much darker version of his own 'Lodestone' mask, and his smile turns into a grin.

"Yea. Lets go I need to kick some 'A' tonight. "

Verse nods, "Right, let's... Wait, I forgot about something. "

Walking over to the OpNet terminal, Verse starts typing. About thirty seconds later, he smiles, "There! I knew they'd have the GPS coordinates for the New York office somewhere, now to adjust for height above sea-level. Alright, there we go."

Looking at Andy, Verse smiles again, "Time to go. You absolutely sure you have everything you need? "

The General's Office:

The General's face is a stoic mask as he listens to Guy's report, although Doctor Alinsky appears to be very focused on what the Elite's saying - particularly when he describes the strange equipment - more so than she usually manages with anything unchallenging to her intellect.

"However, I am more concerned at the moment with Thunderbolt and Shockwave returning to the recent operational zone, Sah. I was under the impression that we do not leave OUR men behind, Sah."

The General nods,

'Quite right, soldier. We have forces in play in the FSS which are undertaking classified operations - operations which you do not have clearance to know about. Thunderbolt & Shockwave will be dealt with when... & if... they return. It seems that, unlike yourself, they are yet to learn the need for a clear chain-of-command & are still happy to go blundering about without having a fraction of the relevant intel' at their fingertips. I regard it as a personal insult that neither of them chose to bring their plans or worries to me, & instead simply violated a direct order.'

Shaking his head slightly as he makes a quick note in an open file in front of him, the General then turns to Alinsky,

'Doctor?'

Alinsky nods, then points a slim-line pen-style remote past The Samurai. Turning his head Guy sees a flat screen, flush with the wall, flick to life with a series of images. The pictures are of a large hi-tech complex of some variety, with lots of construction activity going on. The equipment being installed looks seriously futuristic, but some of it does remind Guy of his recent encounter with Maelfius. Several of the pictures show the FSS Nova Magda using her force field powers to aid the construction. There's a high military presence around the site.

'This,' reveals Doctor Alinsky, 'is the FSS communications hub as documented by Thunderbolt. Note the recent construction. We believe that Maelfius has designed the modifications to the hub, although they don't appear to have anything at all to do with the facility's primary purpose. Due to the presence of particle accelerators & other high-energy components we initially thought that the project was a form of weaponry, now we're not so sure. Tell me, Samurai, does this in any way resemble the equipment you described earlier?'

The FSS:

After a while Shockwave hands several piles of clothes to Thunderbolt, then gathers up a few more herself. Sneaking out the hole in the back of the hut, she then heads off, away from the village...

... Reaching the edge of what appears to be a main road (although it's still a track in the dirt, it seems well-traveled) the Elites pause in hiding to sort through the garments. Shockwave does, indeed, find a full-length Muslim woman's robes & headgear, which she dons over her own outfit with just a little swearing & complaining. For Thunderbolt they pick out some brighter coloured robes & a desert nomad's style of headdress, although Shockwave does point out that he'll need to keep a scarf wrapped across his nose & mouth as well. They don't find any sunglasses, but Thunderbolt's own will do in a pinch.

Dressed & ready, the pair take to the main road, heading towards the FSS capital city, Shockwave (again with some grumbling) falling into pace a little way behind her 'husband'...

The General's Office:

The General nods,

'Quite right, soldier. We have forces in play in the FSS which are undertaking classified operations - operations which you do not have clearance to know about. Thunderbolt & Shockwave will be dealt with when... & if... they return. It seems that, unlike yourself, they are yet to learn the need for a clear chain-of-command & are still happy to go blundering about without having a fraction of the relevant intel' at their fingertips. I regard it as a personal insult that neither of them chose to bring their plans or worries to me, & instead simply violated a direct order.'

*Bollocks.*

"Frankly Sah, I wasn't aware THat it was against horders, but it did seem disorganised."

"Sah, per'aps someone can still stop 'em at Verse's? It did happear to me THat boaf Shockwave And Bolt Have a personal attachment at stake. I don't believe eiver of them 'ave the detachment required to make reasoned decisions in this hinstance, Sah."

"Naturally, I would like to offer my services to help extract any personnel from the operation zone, Sah. Free of charge of course, Sah."

Shaking his head slightly as he makes a quick note in an open file in front of him, the General then turns to Alinsky,

'Doctor?'

Alinsky nods, then points a slim-line pen-style remote past The Samurai. Turning his head Guy sees a flat screen, flush with the wall, flick to life with a series of images. The pictures are of a large hi-tech complex of some variety, with lots of construction activity going on. The equipment being installed looks seriously futuristic, but some of it does remind Guy of his recent encounter with Maelfius. Several of the pictures show the FSS Nova Magda using her force field powers to aid the construction. There's a high military presence around the site.

'This,' reveals Doctor Alinsky, 'is the FSS communications hub as documented by Thunderbolt. Note the recent construction. We believe that Maelfius has designed the modifications to the hub, although they don't appear to have anything at all to do with the facility's primary purpose. Due to the presence of particle accelerators & other high-energy components we initially thought that the project was a form of weaponry, now we're not so sure. Tell me, Samurai, does this in any way resemble the equipment you described earlier?'

"Yes Doctor, Sah. These bits 'ere." Guy points and does his best with his engineering knowledge to get the names of things he recognises right...

"Nope, not unless you want me to grab some Lodestars. It would only take me a few minutes to get 'em. Didnt think I would need them for what we are doing."

Verse looks back at Andy for a second, "Probably not, don't worry about it. "

Joe steps inside if Verse allows. "Work? What kind of work?"

Verse allows Joe inside, shutting and locking the door behind him. Looking at Joe, and still smiling, he says, "I'm going to get my eufiber back from OMA. It's all being done through DeVries and you'll be paid your going rate plus a premium for the short notice. Speaking of which, we're about to leave, so I'll need your answer right now. "

I'm going to get my eufiber back from OMA. It's all being done through DeVries and you'll be paid your going rate plus a premium for the short notice. Speaking of which, we're about to leave, so I'll need your answer right now.

Joe's only half-listening, still wondering how Samurai's doing with the General.

"As long as I'm gettin' paid and it's all legit, I got no problem helping out. Oh, and Sammy asked me to come by and find Thunderbolt and Shockwave, you seen 'em?"

"As long as I'm gettin' paid and it's all legit, I got no problem helping out. Oh, and Sammy asked me to come by and find Thunderbolt and Shockwave, you seen 'em?"

Verse's smile falters as Joe gets to the second sentence, "They're in the FSS. You'll have to tell me who exactly 'Sammy' is later. We're warping to New York first to pick up an elite named Jaguar, then going on to Texas and OMA. Jetstream should be waiting for us there. If there's nothing else, let's go. "

Assuming no one has any last minute objections, Verse concentrates for several seconds, then a warp to the New York DeVries office opens in the middle of the room. Verse waits for Joe and Andy to go through, then follows, the warp snapping shut behind him in a characteristic shower of black sparks.

Verse's smile falters as Joe gets to the second sentence, "They're in the FSS. You'll have to tell me who exactly 'Sammy' is later. We're warping to New York first to pick up an elite named Jaguar, then going on to Texas and OMA. Jetstream should be waiting for us there. If there's nothing else, let's go."

Joe's face doesn't change. *Damnit, Sammy was right. They went ahead on their own. Idiots!*

Aloud, he says, "Let's make this quick."

*Maybe helping this weirdo get his suit back will encourage him to help retrieving Shock and Sparky.*, he thinks, as he steps through the warp.

The FSS:

As Shockwave begins sorting through the clothes, Thunderbolt digs in his pocket and pulls out his sunglasses; they wouldn't really go with his new wardrobe, but they were better than the alternative.

Pulling the clothes on over his other attire, Thunderbolt allows himself a smile as he looks at Shockwave, "You know, that really does something for you. I think it's good look for you. ::tongue "

Once they're finally ready, he starts heading down the road, hoping that they'll find some sort of modern transportation along the way.

• 2 weeks later...

The General's Office:

"Yes Doctor, Sah. These bits 'ere."

A concerned look passes across Doctor Alinsky's face, even as she nods in confirmation of Guy's observations. As he finishes she turns to the General & says,

'This is very bad sir. Maelfius could very well be constructing a Quantum-based WMD... with potential damage of global scope. I think he's trying to...' she frowns for a moment then continues, '... well, in layman's terms, I think he's trying to cross a dimensional barrier. This machine he's building seems designed to, in essence, overlay a variant quantum universe on top of our own. His prototype obviously managed to reconstitute The Samurai here after he was scatter over space-time. The full-scale version could do that on a planetary scale.'

It's Carrington's turn to frown,

'Doctor, I'm still not sure what you mean by all this.'

Alinsky sighs, then says,

'Maelfius is trying to play god. With this device he could do it too. He's trying to restructure the entire of our space-time continuum to his own designs. Change history, physics, you name it - shape the world in his own image. Of course, chances are that no matter how smart he is, he's playing with power beyond his control. It's much more likely that he'll just cause an extinction-level event. I... I really think someone ought to stop him before he tries, sir...' ::unsure

The General rubs the tension at the bridge of his nose,

'Bloody marvelous. Utopia aren't about to deal with it without a few months of solid diplomacy, despite what that blow-hard Pax says in his press-releases. Anyway, Maelfius was one of ours - you just know we're going to get blamed for this mess...'

Alinsky shrugs,

'Um... there won't be anyone left to cast blame, sir...'

The General shoots her an annoyed look,

'Figure of speech, dear lady - you know what I mean.'

Standing up, Carrington begins to pace, then glances over towards Guy,

'Right. First things first. Samurai - you get over to Verse's place & see if you can stop all this foolishness about defying orders. Then get that Green chap - the Dark Matter fellow - & report back here.'

DeVries - New York:

The Elites from Namibia emerges into the lounge of the New York offices, where Jaguar is waiting for them - shiny new gun & all...

The FSS:

"You know, that really does something for you. I think it's good look for you.  "

Shockwave snorts,

'Hah - watch it, cobber - it's still not too late for you t' wear this gear instead o' me!'

Heading down to road towards the capital the couple pass various local rural types, but the first modern transport they see is a battered army truck chugging up the road behind them, heading for the city.

The General's Office:

A concerned look passes across Doctor Alinsky's face, even as she nods in confirmation of Guy's observations. As he finishes she turns to the General & says,

'This is very bad sir. Maelfius could very well be constructing a Quantum-based WMD... with potential damage of global scope. I think he's trying to...' she frowns for a moment then continues, '... well, in layman's terms, I think he's trying to cross a dimensional barrier. This machine he's building seems designed to, in essence, overlay a variant quantum universe on top of our own. His prototype obviously managed to reconstitute The Samurai here after he was scatter over space-time. The full-scale version could do that on a planetary scale.'

::blink

It's Carrington's turn to frown,

'Doctor, I'm still not sure what you mean by all this.'

Alinsky sighs, then says,

'Maelfius is trying to play god. With this device he could do it too. He's trying to restructure the entire of our space-time continuum to his own designs. Change history, physics, you name it - shape the world in his own image. Of course, chances are that no matter how smart he is, he's playing with power beyond his control. It's much more likely that he'll just cause an extinction-level event. I... I really think someone ought to stop him before he tries, sir...' ::unsure

::blink ::unsure *Somefing to do would be good about now...*

The General rubs the tension at the bridge of his nose,

'Bloody marvelous. Utopia aren't about to deal with it without a few months of solid diplomacy, despite what that blow-hard Pax says in his press-releases. Anyway, Maelfius was one of ours - you just know we're going to get blamed for this mess...'

Alinsky shrugs,

'Um... there won't be anyone left to cast blame, sir...'

The General shoots her an annoyed look,

'Figure of speech, dear lady - you know what I mean.'

Standing up, Carrington begins to pace, then glances over towards Guy,

'Right. First things first. Samurai - you get over to Verse's place & see if you can stop all this foolishness about defying orders. Then get that Green chap - the Dark Matter fellow - & report back here.'

Guy snaps an almost impressive salute, YESSAHs! and motivates himself out of the general's office at something between a quick march and a flat out sprint.

"Well... 'at went went well!" he remarks to no-one in particular as he sprints towards Verse's bungalow.

*And they're going to send you up hagainst the bloke 'oo 'reconstituted you from hacross spacetime'. Bleedin' brilliant.*

KNOCK, KNOCK!

"Oi! Open up... !"

... two minutes and one peeping tom act later:

Guy knocks on Alex's door.

"er... Ahem." ::blush "Anyone 'ome?"

DeVries - New York:

The Elites from Namibia emerge into the lounge of the New York offices, where Jaguar is waiting for them - shiny new gun & all...

Verse looks Jaguar up and down, his eyes lingering on the gun. Finally settling on the african american elite's eyes, Verse says, "O.k., I guess you'll do. "

Looking over at Alloy and Lodestone, then back to Jaguar, Verse lays out the job, "Alright, so we're up against an unknown number of heavily armed OMA clones. Be ready for anything from small arms fire to artillery and land mines. Hit them hard and fast, keep them busy while I locate and retrieve my eufiber suit. After I have the suit I'll be warping us all out of there, so be prepared for a quick extraction under fire. Jetstream should be there already, waiting for us. Any questions, comments, or suggestions before we go?"

Devries - outside Verse's Bungalow in Namibia:

KNOCK, KNOCK!

"Oi! Open up... !"

Verse's door remains obstinately closed, locked, and silent...

"Damn, man. You think they take all that stuff home with them? You want me to 'knock on their door' from a distance to draw them out? Can we use lethal force, or do you want us to stick to non-lethal force?"

Verse looks over at Andy, "Having been there, I wouldn't rule any of that out. They've even got BFGs. Like I said we're hitting them hard and fast, that means attacking as soon as you're through the warp. I doubt they'll be all that surprised, but I don't want to give them any more notice that we're coming than necessary. As for force, you should use whatever you can muster as I'm sure that the OMAs will. "

Looking back to the other two elites he says, "That brings up a few points. We'll need Joe to shift into Alloy and everyone else should activate any personal defensive abilities they might have before we go. Alloy goes through first, followed by Jaguar, then Lodestone, and I'll take the rear. Hit them with everything you've got, then establish a perimeter if they manage to resist your initial onslaught. Isolate them, don't let them gang up on one of you. Neutralize them if you can, keep them busy if you can't. Does anyone have any other questions?"

The Jaguar turns to view the newcomers. He is a medium-sized, but very tough-looking, African-American male with long, slightly curly hair. His coat appears to be part of his costume, in loud shades of yellow and black, matching the thin mask covering his eyes. He is wearing a very large gun at his back and two more at his hips.

Verse looks Jaguar up and down, his eyes lingering on the gun. Finally settling on the african american elite's eyes, Verse says, "O.k., I guess you'll do. "

Looking over at Alloy and Lodestone, then back to Jaguar, Verse lays out the job, "Alright, so we're up against an unknown number of heavily armed OMA clones. Be ready for anything from small arms fire to artillery and land mines. Hit them hard and fast, keep them busy while I locate and retrieve my eufiber suit. After I have the suit I'll be warping us all out of there, so be prepared for a quick extraction under fire. Jetstream should be there already, waiting for us. Any questions, comments, or suggestions before we go?"

The new Elite remains silent, then nods at the end of the briefing.

Does anyone have any other questions?

Joe raises a hand. "No questions, but make sure you guys don't call me Alloy on this one. Just Joe. I haven't gotten my mask back from Decay yet, so I gotta do this one unmasked."

He pauses to make sure eveyone understands, then nods, and shifts into his giant metallic form. "Ready. Keep behind me."

"No questions, but make sure you guys don't call me Alloy on this one. Just Joe. I haven't gotten my mask back from Decay yet, so I gotta do this one unmasked."

Andy smiles and gives Joe a thumbs up. "No problems, Joe. Ill keep them all on their toes while you smack them around. Good luck guys!" he says as 'hard' magnetic forces converge on him, sealing him away from harm (activating FF).

Verse nods at Joe's request. After Joe shifts into his giant metallic form, the sparks falling from Verse take on a certain amount of orginization. [Activating FF]

Looking at the other three elites, Verse nods, "Alright, it looks like we're ready to go. "

Verse concentrates for several seconds, then a warp opens in front of Joe, its edges showering shimmering black sparks onto the floor.

[Activating Warp, targeting the area right in front of the trailer where the OMAs were all hanging out before]

Alex's Boudoir:

"er... Ahem."  "Anyone 'ome?"

Pausing the sweat-sheened beneath-sheet writhing for a moment, Chumani whispers to Alex,

'Uh... did you hear that? I think someone's at the door...'

Hitchers:

"It should would be nice if this is easy..."

The truck slows in response to Thunderbolt's waving. Both the driver & the man in the passenger seat are wearing military-style fatigues, the latter holding an assault-rifle as well. Drawing to a halt next to the hitch-hikers, the passenger leans out of the open window, gun at the ready, & barks some impatient words at the disguised Thunderbolt - not surprisingly, in a language he can't comprehend...

Warped Situations:

"Alright, it looks like we're ready to go. "

Verse's portal opens onto the Texas scene he recalls from earlier. The trailer home is still surrounded by military supplies, although there are now two jeeps parked next to it - it looks like there's a few more OMAs as well.

More of a change, however, is the shiny black helicopter at rest a short distance behind & to one side of the trailer. A pilot sits in the machine, & a large man in a dark suit & dark glasses stands next to it, seemingly keeping an eye out for trouble... as the warp forms, he yells & pulls a heavy pistol from his shoulder holster. An ornate heraldic crest adorns the side of the helicopter - Verse & Lodestone both recognise it as that of the wealthy European aristocratic family Orzaiz...

By the trailer stand a total of eight OMAs - those who aren't already holding weapons quickly arm-up as the warp manifests - grabbing Ultramachineguns, rocket-launchers, or just heavy machineguns & hustling into defensive positions. Standing amongst the OMAs is the well-known figure of Count Orzaiz - dressed in a stylish light safari suit. It appears he was talking with the OMAs when they were so rudely interupted...

Seeing the Count standing in the middle of what's about to become a war zone, Verse, though momentarily surprised yells, "Stop!" at the three other elites with him, lest they attack as they were ordered to back in New York.

Looking at the Count, Verse gets, as much as is possible given his lack of facial hair and jet black skin, a quizzical look on his face, "I have to say, you're the last person I expected to see here. "

After saying that to the Count, Verse looks around the area, his enhanced sight noting the location of the each of the OMAs, and hopefully his eufiber suit...

[Activating Q-Attune]

Once he makes it through the warp, lodestone ducks down low behind Alloy, one hand on the ground for balance and the other open wide. He stops momentarily as he notices the count...

"The hell...?" he thinks briefly...pausing long enough for verse to say..

"Stop!"

He lowers his hand slightly, but does not stand up...he looks around briefly, trying to take in everything as verse speaks.

The first one through, Joe immediately notes the helicopter and unexpected guest. More importantly to him however, are the multiple OMA's taking defensive positions. Noting their weapons and tactics, he quickly bulks up, fully expecting a withering rain of gunfire within the next few seconds.

Taking one stride forward, he's just about to start his own attack when Verse gives the command to stop.

Settling his feet shoulder-width apart, he maintains his maximum density for the moment and stays quiet.

Hitchers:

The truck slows in response to Thunderbolt's waving. Both the driver & the man in the passenger seat are wearing military-style fatigues, the latter holding an assault-rifle as well. Drawing to a halt next to the hitch-hikers, the passenger leans out of the open window, gun at the ready, & barks some impatient words at the disguised Thunderbolt - not surprisingly, in a language he can't comprehend...

Thunderbolt raises his arms as the soldier points his gun at him, "We are pilgrims, we have come to see the temple of the great Hannibal. Can you take us there?"

Seeing the Count standing in the middle of what's about to become a war zone, Verse, though momentarily surprised yells, "Stop!" at the three other elites with him, lest they attack as they were ordered to back in New York.

Verse's remark was too slow to stop Jaguar's double draw, but well in time to stop his fire. Expressionless, the New Yorker lowers his guns and waits for Verse to give an order or the One Man Army to attack.

Alex's Boudoir:

Alex says to Chumani

"Not for long."

And then more loudly, "I'm busy.  Go away."

"Sorry to hinterrupt, Green... Really. But, um... We 'ave an happointment wif the General".

"Now."

"So I'm just going to turn around and walk back to 'is hoffice really slowly. an' we can 'ave an 'appy reunion when you catch up Ok?" This Guy dutifully does... assuming Alex doesn't interrupt him with such placid emotions as shock, joy or wonderment at his return... thus allowing Alex a few moments to -ahem- take care of business (the evidence of which Guy's enhanced senses had no difficulty whatsoever uncovering).

All the while Guy can't but help thinking... *Y'know... it's been a while. A long bleedin' while. Last decent snog you 'ad was 'at girl in bleedin' Chad. An' she honly wanted to bleedin' kill you. You just 'ave bad luck wif the ladies mate... bad bad luck. Well... spose 'ere's always new material... 'ey baby, I been reconstituted from hacross space-time... want to 'elp me find hout hif everyfing still works...'*

*Guy, mate. You are SUCH a GEEK!*

Alex's Boudoir:

"Sorry to hinterrupt, Green...  Really.  But, um... We 'ave an happointment wif the General". 

"Now."

A look of frustration and irritation passes over Alex’s face. ::brick

*What, NOW? Is he serious? Is that Guy? He’s back? Is he TRYING to get thrown into orbit?::angry Decay must have figured out how to undo his whammy.

"So I'm just going to turn around and walk back to 'is hoffice really slowly.  an' we can 'ave an 'appy reunion when you catch up Ok?"  This Guy dutifully does... assuming Alex doesn't interrupt him with such placid emotions as shock, joy or wonderment at his return... thus allowing Alex a few moments to -ahem- take care of business (the evidence of which Guy's enhanced senses had no difficulty whatsoever uncovering).
Alex looks into Mani’s eyes with a look combining frustration, amusement, and determination and (assuming no protests to the contrary) dramatically increases the vigor of his attentions. ::wub

Later, after they have both finished, Alex holds her for a moment, kisses her on the forehead, and says gently,

“You were wonderful.” ::sweetlove

He continues with regret,

“What I want to do is stay and talk, but if the General is calling like this then it’s a matter of life and death. Maybe even my own.”

Alex kisses her again. ::sweetlove

“Hopefully I’ll be back soon, but even if I’m not, my place is yours, help yourself.

Alex kisses her again and gets up, stretches, and with a backward glance, walks out. By the time he’s reached his front door he has “grown” back his costume. ::ninja After he leaves his place he literally runs after Guy.

After reaching him, Alex says,

Hey! Your timing really stinks my friend. ::glare

Oh, and welcome back. I take it that Decay figured out how to undo his thing? ::blink

Any clue what the General wants? ::confused

After reaching him, Alex says,

Hey!  Your timing really stinks my friend. ::glare

Oh, and welcome back.  I take it that Decay figured out how to undo his thing? ::blink

Any clue what the General wants?  ::confused

Guy grins at Alex in a manner that, on Guy's mixed and often inscrutable features, could confer dry amusement, no small amount of envy, or quite probably both.. ::biggrin "Ta... Ours his not to reason why, mate... Ours his not to reason why. an' my timing could 'ave been a lot worse. I'm sure the General will want to...um... brief... you on wot 'e feels you need to know..." ::wacko

*Nice going, mate... Push the guy who frew you hinto horbit last time... Quick - change the subject!*

"So... Wot 'ave they 'ad you working on since you got back?"

Guy grins at Alex in a manner that, on Guy's mixed and often inscrutable features, could confer dry amusement, no small amount of envy, or quite probably both..  ::biggrin "Ta...  Ours his not to reason why, mate... Ours his not to reason why. an' my timing could 'ave been a lot worse.
Alex’s expression indicates he doesn’t agree with that last part. ::glare
”I'm sure the General will want to...um... brief... you on wot 'e feels you need to know..."  ::wacko

"So... Wot 'ave they 'ad you working on since you got back?"

Alex hesitates,

“Ah…” ::blush

*…Oh you know. You just caught me in the middle of it.*

“…Oh you know. Paper work on wrapping up the war. A few research type projects. I’m trying to finish up my eruption interrupted PhD. Oh, and in case you haven’t heard, Jolt was unmasked but not returned. Mojo and Evil Twin were killed by Swarm… rumor says, after they were captured. Seems he’s not the unmasking type.”

Alex’s expression indicates he doesn’t agree with that last part. ::glare

Alex hesitates,

“Ah…” ::blush

*…Oh you know.  You just caught me in the middle of it.*

“…Oh you know.  Paper work on wrapping up the war. 

*Phew!... 'ang on! Wot's wif all the blushing?*

Fortunately Alex continues before Guy can get himself into real trouble...

"A few research type projects.  I’m trying to finish up my eruption interrupted PhD.  Oh, and in case you haven’t heard, Jolt was unmasked but not returned.  Mojo and Evil Twin were killed by Swarm… rumor says, after they were captured.  Seems he’s not the unmasking type.”

Nodding: "Yeah... hactually I fink we may 'ave a real problem 'ere... Shock an' Bolt seem to 'ave 'eaded after Jolt wifout horders... I haccidentally let slip y'see... Didn't realise it was on the QT..." ::angry

::blush

"Anyway... best not keep the brass waiting, eh."

Nodding: "Yeah... hactually I fink we may 'ave a real problem 'ere... Shock an' Bolt seem to 'ave 'eaded after Jolt wifout horders...  I haccidentally let slip y'see... Didn't realise it was on the QT..."   ::angry  ::blush
Alex sighs and says,

”Well shoot. I’d wanted to be included if they've moved from thought to action. I speak the local language… but I guess I’m pretty slow and this sounds like a stealth and speed job. If they already know where she is then maybe they figured language won’t be an issue. Sounds like they’ve done a lot more planning since we talked about it in the bar.” ::sly

"Anyway... best not keep the brass waiting, eh."
Alex agrees and increases his pace.

Archived