Gehenna

Gather round neonates and I will tell you a story about how the story of Gehenna came to pass. As we all know Gehenna is the Greek word for hell, but do you know that the Hebrew word for Gehenna is Ge-Hinnom, which translates to "Valley of Hinnom". So what you say? Well I will tell you why this matters, you see Archeologists have discovered the Valley of

Hinnom. It borders Jerusalem on the West and South. So what you still ask, well digs have turned up that the area to the West and South of Jerusalem was a municipal dump a the time of Christ. Yes you heard me right. Gehenna is the city dump of Jerusalem. It was also where the bodies of the criminals and poor were thrown.

Now, think this through a little more, dumps will eventually fill with garbage, so what would be the easy solution? Burn it all. This leads to the biblical description, "Where the worm never dies and where the fires are never quenched."

Yes this is all true, I am currently studying Religion in school and I had my professor translate the meaning and origins of the word Gehenna. Pretty Interesting, kind of put VtM in a new light, yeh?

-Pax's Pimp

"Pimping today what should be pimped tomorrow."

• 5 months later...

Archived